Start by marking “Extraordinary October” as Want to Read:
Extraordinary October

Extraordinary October

October is an ordinary girl. From her plain looks to her average grades, there seems to be nothing special about her. Then, three days before her eighteenth birthday, she develops a strange itch that won’t go away, and her life is turned upside down. Suddenly, she can hear dogs talk, make crows fly, and two new and very handsome boys at school are vying for her affections. ...more
Published October 18th 2016 by Ig Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Extraordinary October, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extraordinary October

~ Rose ~ ☯Desert Rose❀
*3.5 Roses, rounding up to 4 for GR ratings.*

See my full review & blog post on Desert Rose Reviews!

My Review
4 Roses

October, in October!

It sounded to me like this story would be perfect for this time of year. Fairies, goblins, magic, adventure, and some humorous supernatural gifts. Seems like a great mix!

This book was a very good fit for the time of year, as most books of this genre and plot are. The characters were entertaining, and several of the situations October found herself in cracked me up.

While this
Holly
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Extraordinary October is a young adult fantasy book. It was a fun, quick light read that was overall a good story. I liked the combination of fairies and trolls. The book did have some holes in the middle of the plot; and at times I wanted to shake October -- all these things keep happening to her and she doesn't ask any questions and just accepts it. I did like how October became confident in what she wanted and pursued her own life instead of doing what everyone else wanted.
Michelle
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**Extraordinary October is a young adult fantasy/paranormal romance by author Diana Wagman. I had a lot of fun with this one. It was not without some faults, but overall it was a good read. I don't get to read too many books featuring trolls, so I liked the combination of trolls and Fairies in Extraordinary October. I also loved that the main character's name was October. I thought that was very unique, even if she doe ...more
Domoni
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
October is a few days from her 18th birthday. While sitting in class, her foot starts to itch. Not a tiny itch, but the kind that takes over your whole body. October has never been special or popular and the last thing she wants is to draw attention to her ordinary self in the middle of class. This itch starts a chain of events that will change October’s life. Now she has gone from the girl with no real friends to being the future queen of the fairies and trolls, races she didn’t even know exist ...more
Katherine Paschal
4 days before October’s 18th birthday she gets a scratch. A terrible scratch that started on the bottom of her foot and soon spread all over. But that is not the only weird thing that happened. She can also hear birds talking, has ravens attacking, a flower shaped bruise developing on her ankle, and two very different boys vie for her attention when she has never had a boy interested in her before. October is part of something magical, something she could never have predicted, and she is not sur ...more
Miriam Zink
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
The plot was highly underdeveloped. Everything about this book seemed highly predictable.
Lynne ♠ The Book Dragon ♠
This was one of those impulse buys from a used book site because ooohhhh pretty cover!!! I’m so glad I bought it. This was a quick fun fantasy read that’ll leave you smiling.
Hannah Loree
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it!

It was different than any book that's normally out there which made it even better I'm so glad I got to read Octobers story!
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content
Original review posted at:http://readtomyhearts.blogspot.com/20...

Hi All! Today is my stop on the Extraordinary October Blog Tour hosted by Xpresso Reads. The minute I saw this beautiful cover and read the synopsis for the story, I knew I had to have this book.
A huge shout out goes to Giselle from Xpresso Reads allowing me to be a part of this tour. And thanks to Diana Wagman for sharing the protagonist, October Fetterhoff, with the world. I think you will enjoy her as much as I did.

*I received
Roze Wallin
description

See my full review & blog post on Desert Rose Reviews!
Or, check out my review here on Goodreads!
Pauline Ang
Oct 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Extraordinary October reminds me of Julie Kagawa’s The Iron Fey series with all the feel of fairies and magical kingdoms. However, there were less magic involved and it was a surge of emotions from all the characters. I’ve read some books with plots involving fairies and other mythical creatures, but it’s the first time I’ve read something like this, and I really like the idea of October being half-fairy, half-troll. While the plot seemed predictable for me, I still liked its idea and I think th ...more
A. Musquiz
Sep 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I was sent an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I thought the story was solid and had a nice pace. There was definitely a lot of magical elements with the fairies, trolls, and history about both and their different abilities. I thought it was a lot of fun to learn about the different species in the book and also was a fun adventure to follow as things in October's life were pretty much turned upside down when the fantasy world invades her own seemingly overnight.

T
Jeraca
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this free eARC from Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.

The cover and the synopsis of this book was very intriguing for me, so I was really excited that I got to read this!

And overall, the novel was pretty good. October kept insisting that she was an ordinary, plain girl, but from the moment this novel started, anyone could see that she was far from ordinary. So when she kept insisting over and over that she was plain, I got a bit annoyed with her. Stop saying what you aren't
Keeley Dunbar
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay, so I'm not even finished with this book. I actually kinda just started it(I'm on chapter 7), and I have a problem and It's starting to grow more and more as I read this. October isn't asking any questions. Like, at all. She is completely just- ughh!! Things are happening and changing around her- in front of her face and she isn't saying or asking much and it's killing me!!!! Like WTF!! Ask anything!! Ask the new kid why he seems to know where you live!! And oh, hey, ask people why their sa ...more
Melissa Cynova
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
The book begins “I was never anything but ordinary. Average in every way. Brown hair, brown eyes, not short, not tall, not fat, not thin, and your basic “B” student” It goes on to list that our protagonist, who so far has all of the personality of a potato, is unnoticed by her peers, couldn’t draw or play an instrument, and literally the only interesting thing about her was her name. Which was given to her.

At this point, at the prologue, I got pissed and stopped reading the book. My favorite boo
Kasey
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
*I received this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*
This book was kind of odd from beginning to end. It wasn’t bad, but it felt disjointed at times. Also, I felt like I was being forced into seeing the romance between October and the wo main love interests. Which was odd, because it wasn’t really a love triangle at any point. It was just enough to ensure that there was drama. However the overall story was pretty formulaic.

The writing was decent, and there were some good ideas h
Sam
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christy Wilson
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Extraordinary October is the story of October Fetterhoff - ordinary high school senior. She has spent most of her life being unnoticed in school by others...until she gets closer to her 18th birthday. All of a sudden, after not even having her first kiss, she has two guys vying for her attention: a college student who asks for her assistance as to research for a paper he is writing, and a handsome new student at her school. October soon learns that she is actually not ordinary at all, but the da ...more
Claire
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

October Fetterhoff has been a very ordinary girl her entire life, she has merged into the background at school. She doesn’t have a best friend, she’s not had a boyfriend and she just drifts from day to day. Then one day just before her eighteenth birthday everything turns on it’s head as with the onset of an itch to beat all itches she starts to discover her family, and in turn she, isn’t all she thought and she is heir to the fairy and troll
Lucie Paris
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Entertaining!

Actions, betrayals, fairies, trolls, transplanting, blood and a lot of running to escape. I haven't been able to put the book down once I've strated it. It was really a cool read to enjoy secrets and imaginary adventures.

Of course, it has reminded me of The Iron Fey series by Julie Kawaga and of Harry Potter with Dolores Umbridge. Less magical and with more pace, it's the perfect mix to escape into fantasyland while still be plausible.

October lacks of confidence in herself and has
Tasha Williams (Red's Midnight Readers)
::..Reviewed for Red's Midnight Readers..::

I was given an arc of this in exchange for an honest review. My actual rating is 3.5 stars.

October is ordinary - average, a plain Jane. There's nothing special about her at all or so she thinks. It all starts with an itch that starts a few days before her eighteenth birthday and just won't go away. She then discovers she can now hear and talk to animals and suddenly the two new, very good looking boys at school both want her affections.

The story is writ
Bonnie Schroeder
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Although this is a YA novel, and I seldom read that genre, it’s a darned good yarn and very well written. October Fetterhoff, who thinks of herself as utterly ordinary and boring, discovers she is a Princess, the daughter of both Fairy and Troll royalty. Evil forces intrude on her ho-hum existence and she’s forced to confront her true nature, which will fully manifest upon her 18th birthday, and it propels her into a quest to save her parents and, ultimately, her own self. The story follows the ...more
Sara
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
2 Fairies and 2 Trolls mushrooms!
Love the pretty cover too. Intriguing title.. I thought it was about the month, but it was about a girl named after the month!
It is an entertaining story! Trolls and fairies.. Mushrooms, Magic... Ordinary vs Extraordinary, good vs evil.. and humourous too. Those who love paranormal fantasy adventure, this is worth reading! Somehow you can relate to October in certain situations and fricking funny too. At the end of the book, you pity the villain after knowing th
Paola Aliedo
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Xpresso Book Tours for the ARC!

I enjoyed the flow of the story. I felt that I was with October while she was fighting the bad troll. The ending was a little bit off to me though because I wished for another ending. Perhaps, there will be a part two?

Kate
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2016
It's like The Labyrinth meets Trylle trilogy . The magic peeks out of windows and lurks behind corners until, like October, we go from ordinary to extraordinary.
Jacki
Sep 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Not terrible, but not much fresh territory in this story of a girl who discovers she's the heir to the Fairy and Troll Kingdoms and must save both from an evil schemer who wants to be queen.
Paula  from Reading Lark
Reviewed on readinglark.blogspot.com
Allyson
Apr 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So, so bad

How bad could this be? It actually made me feel queasy. "... even the gray piece of chewing gum stuck on the wall were like an aphrodisiac." I couldn't make this up.
Combine that with not just one but two insta-loves, vomitously stereotypical characters, cliched "ordinary girl turns miraculously beautiful," and absolutely horrible first-person narration. Just don't.
DNF after 50 pages. I simply couldn't subject myself to it anymore. I think I need to go throw up.
Izzy Book Queen