Start by marking “Only Her (K2 Team, #5)” as Want to Read:
Only Her (K2 Team, #5)

Only Her

(K2 Team #5)

Former SEAL sniper Cody Roberts has returned from Afghanistan with too many demons and a simple wish: to be left alone. Working for K2 Special Services, caring for the war dogs he rescued, playing his guitar—that’s all he wants to do. But Cody is as protective as his nickname, “Dog,” suggests. A man like that can’t sit back when he realizes the beautiful veterinarian next

Published July 19th 2016 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Only Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only Her

Start your review of Only Her (K2 Team, #5)
♥Rachel♥
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cody Roberts is home from Afghanistan, retiring as a sniper SEAL, but he can’t stop the nightmares that plaque him. He knows he’d better get a handle on them or risk his position with K2, the Security Team he works for with his former SEAL mates. The last thing Cody needs in his life is a woman, but his neighbor across the street is somehow irresistible to him, and clearly in danger.

It takes a while for the obvious to sink in: Riley is being targeted personally. At first she thought the
Maria11
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great ending

Great ending to the series.

Cody was so sweet yet so damaged. I really liked his character he touched my heart. It is a shame that veterans try to deal with their problems alone, feeling it is weakness to ask for help. Everyone needs help and you need to reach out and take it. I am glad Riley and the team were there for him.

You can tell the author loves animal we had some kind in all the books. My cousin trains dogs for the secret service and he was in the Air Force and trained dogs.
Vikki Vaught
I’ve been a fan of Sandra Owens for quite some time. I fell in love with her Regency novel, The Letter and I have now read all her books. Only Her is an awesome end to the K2 Team series. I’m going to miss these characters! I was fortunate to receive an invitation from the publisher via Net-Galley, to read this book in exchange for an honest review. Of course, I eagerly accepted.

Cody Roberts is plagued by a horrific nightmare about events he has no memory, but he believes it may have actually
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Last book in series by Sandra Owens K2
Cody Roberts (Dog) is suffering from ptsd after his last mission went terribly wrong. He leaves military and starts working for K2. His neighbours is a sexy vet that has everything he would want in a women but with his mental health as it is he doesn't want to commit to anything and then hurt her or himself.
He has dogs and the vet has cats so that's an issue before they even get started.
Loved this book especially as I'm in veterinary myself.
Absolutely
Petula
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cody Roberts is an ex SEAL sniper with PTSD. He has been offered a new job working with his old SEAL team in civvy street. So he needs to climb out of the bottle that the nightmares have driven him into. If it hadn't been for his dogs he would not have even wanted to survive.
Dr Riley Austin is a veterinarian who has worked very hard to get where she is. Brought up in the foster care system if it hadn't been for her last set of foster parents she would have not made it.
Now however someone is
Victoria

3.5 RATING- Overall, I liked this book. The writing was very readable, the characters likable, and I liked the chemistry between them. I do think the suspense portion of the book was a bit over the top, even for me. Funny enough, I went back and looked at my review for the first book in this series and I mentioned an OTT suspense line too. Maybe that's just how the author writes her suspense. Since I only read book one and book five in this series, I'm not sure. Still, even while I rolled my
Kaetrin
Narrated by Sebastian York & Amy McFadden.

Reviewed for AudioGals. http://www.audiogals.net/2016/11/only...

I really liked it. 4.5 stars. Plus dogs! (and cats and kittens!)
Amy
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Final book of the series. That makes me sad but this story had me captured from the start and crying throughout, especially toward the end...couldn't read through the tears. Cody and Riley are perfection - two broken psyches reaching out to each other. I loved this one so much.

Cody Roberts has joined the K2 Team at a time in his life when he needs purpose but he worries that his past will destroy him before he can become a true member of the team. Nightmares from his last deployment plague him
Mollien Fote Osterman
Blurb:

Trish R.
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read..

This was soooo much better than books 3 and 4. Every bit as good as 1 and 2 were. I absolutely loved Cody and Riley, and I’m glad they didn’t call him “Dog” too much in the story. That’s not a good nickname for a man.

A great story intertwining Cody’s memory loss with whoever was after Riley. And I liked their secrets and that they didn’t carry them around for the whole book. AND it was so great that the others were there, too: Logan and Dani, Jake and Maria, Saint and Sugar, and Ryan
Bea

Don't be put off by the fact that this is the last book in the series, it works well as a stand alone. I had read the first book but not the intervening ones and it was fine.

Cody and Riley were sweet together and I liked that there was no big drama or misunderstanding, just the ordinary difficulties of two people getting together romantically and sexually. Yes, Cody has PTSD and it affects his life, and yes someone is after Riley, and yes, Cody did put conditions on their relationship,
P Leslie
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

I thoroughly enjoyed Riley and Cody's love story.

Cody, suffers from PTSD, and his life pretty much centres around his job, drinking and his dogs. He genuinely doesn't want to drag a good woman down with his baggage but meeting Riley changes everything.

Riley, is a vet and when she sees her neighbours dogs playing outside, worried that the dogs will go into the road she shouts her concerns. Unimpressed by Cody's responses and shocked at the
Chrissy
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing

**** I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review*****

OMG this book was so good. I loved Cody, who doesn't love a man who is very good with animals? He is a former Navy SEAL....

Cody leaves the Navy, and he joins K2 but thing is Cody was a Sniper he has PTSD I mean who wouldn't if they served in combat? We see Cody with his two amazing dogs, his nickname is Dog. Like the Dog whisper.

Then we have Riley who is a veterinarian, who lives next store to him. Well they meet and
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
4.5 Stars! Only Her is the 5th book in Sandra Owen's K2 Series but can be read as a stand alone. I'd only read the first book in the series and while I enjoyed it I wasn't driven to read the next one anytime soon. I thought I'd get around to it eventually but it wasn't a must read. I'm so glad I read this book because now I'm driven to go back and read books 2-4. I really loved this book. I'm a sucker for a books with dogs and I loved Cody and his dogs. I thought he was the perfect mix of alpha ...more
Maria
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Arc provided by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review

This book was recommended by a friend and I enjoyed it.
I liked the characters and appreciated having the hero’s POV. I preferred the first part of the story, where hero and heroine are getting to know each other and dealing with the attraction –that was very well done. I specially enjoyed the kissing phase that delayed the sex: after the instantaneous attraction that was a very good strategy, it kept me interested.
The characters
Bourbon, Books and Brenda
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is the first time I have read a book by Sandra Owens and I will admit that I liked the story. I thought that Cody was a wonderfully broken and loveable hero and Riley was a spunky, intelligent heroine.

I will be honest, about 60% I figured out the villain, I mean its pretty obvious...but that didn't sway me from enjoying the book. Sometimes the ride is just as important as the destination, and I did enjoy this ride. I like to see our military hero's overcome their obstacles and find love.
Chauncey
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Only Her by Sandra Owens may be the last in a series but can be read as a stand-alone without missing out on anything. It’s a nice, light, quick romantic suspense novel. Tough guys, smart women, damaged people, a mystery and threat…all the things you want in a romantic suspense.

Cody and Riley have an instant attraction and both are somewhat damaged from their pasts. Thankfully they don’t waste a lot of time with denying their feelings for one another and they’re actually fairly forthcoming with
Jennifer Veer-Boyes
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Out standing

This book was my favorite in the series. There was less push pull push pull and more flirting in this book. The connection between the characters was believable and I really enjoyed reading from both POV.

Once again I found myself laughing and crying. The storyline was well thought out.

My favorite part was the epilogue. I loved how the author summed up all five books and all their characters.

This was a wonderful series and I recommend Reading all five books in order. Even though
Kelly
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars for the final K2 book.

I loved the animals. It was a sweet story.
This is the second contemporary book I've read by Sandra Owens (I have read the first K2 book) and well, I guess I prefer her historicals.
I wanted to love this book. But little things annoyed me...Cody constantly calling Riley "darlin'", the mention of Riley being a feminist but needing an alpha male to rescue her.
The book was well written. A little bit over dramatic in spots. I loved Cody's dogs and Riley's cats.
I hope
Jo
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's sad but lovely. Cody n Riley were broken, may be they still are but having each other on their side, hope the broken will heal n they will have a happy life that they deserved.

No one wants to be unwanted, especially kids. They were the product of love, they deserve unconditional love, however someone didn't.

Solider who protects his country deserves respect, they were hurt, physical, mentally and....

It's lovely one but my heart still hurt.
Jill Partin
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, bring it!!

This was a great ending to the series. Can't wait to see what Sandra beings next. Cody has some demons that he needs to face. Riley has had a hard life, but made something from it. That past come back to get her. Does Cody save the day? This book is a fun easy read. I did have the bad guy figured out before the end but still an enjoyable read.
gail j andres
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hope there will be more

This book and all of the books in this series pulled at my emotions on many levels.
Thanks Sandra Owens for the wonderful stories!
Mary
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Only Her is a pretty good book. I read it all in one sitting. It's a good thing fiction is fiction and does not necessarily have to be true to life, as some of the scenarios were a bit far-fetched in the believe-ability category. But overall, it held my attention and I enjoyed it from start to finish. The romance story was good, not too graphic and the story line was a good one.
Francine Sadowsky
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sexy Men Strong Women

Fun read and a good series. Predictable but really good anyway.The main characters are interesting and likable. Love those hot fantasy males.
Christine's_
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Only Her is Book 5 in Sandra Owen’s K2 Series. Each book is written about a different couple and each book can be read as a standalone.
Book 1 Crazy for Her-Logan & Dani
Book 2 Someone Like Her-Jake & Maria
Book 3 Falling For Her-Jamie & Sugar
Book 4 Lost In Her-Ryan & Charlie
Book 5 Only Her-Cody & Riley

Cody Roberts is a SEAL sniper who has just started the K2 team. He owns two very well trained dogs, who are helping him deal with nightmares, flash backs and PTSD after serving in
Penny
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

Only Her was a sexy suspense, with lots of appearances from the former couples in the series and the cutest pets.

Riley is a veterinarian whose patients are showing up poisoned. With no clue if it’s intentional or the motive behind it, the police can’t do much about it. She’s completely devoted to her job, her patients and her pets and was almost singled minded in her pursuit of realizing her lifelong dream of opening an animal clinic.

Cody is finally ready to start his job at K2 Special
Quinn's Book Nook
I've been in a weird reading mood for the last few months. It's not a reading slump, but I've been struggling with finding books that make me want to read them. Lately, I just end up browsing Audible, or my library's digital ebook selections looking for something new. That's how I discovered Only Her by Sandra Owens. It's a romantic suspense, about a former SEAL who works with dogs and a veterinarian, and one of the narrators was Sebastian York, and we all know how fabulous he is. I thought, ...more
Books and Spoons
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This poignant, heartbreaking, touching story took my breath away. It was so beautifully written, the story so enticing, I couldn't put it away, until the end. I don't know how this series got past me, and I didn't find out about it until the last book came out, but the fact that it was the series finale, and I hadn't read any of the stories published before, didn't make a difference to how I enjoyed the tale.
Cody and Riley stole my heart. Their brokenness, the shattered souls they both had, the
Book Gannet
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
There’s nothing like starting a five book series right at the very end. To be honest, I read the blurb, saw ex-SEAL, dogs and veterinarian and I was sold. (Sometimes I am a very simple soul.) And despite this book being the last one out of five, I followed along without any problems. So if, like me, you’ve somehow missed this series until now, don’t worry – if you like the sound of this book, go for it.

I loved Cody. He has a lot going on in his head, some of which he doesn’t understand, but I
Alison
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing end to the series

The story was beautiful & painful but in the end the love of your soul mate gets you through.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
  • Take Me Back (Paradise, Idaho, #4)
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
  • Sparks Fly in Good Hope (Good Hope, #10)
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • Claiming Sarah (Ace Security, #5)
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
  • Defending Harlow (Mountain Mercenaries #4)
  • One & Only You (Hazel Green Book, #3)
  • All the Dead Girls (Graveyard Falls, #3)
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
  • Romancing Rachel: A Seriously Sweet Romance
  • Reunited in Good Hope (Good Hope, #8)
  • Dare Me Again (Angel Fire Falls, #2)
  • Defending Chloe (Mountain Mercenaries #2)
An award winning author, Sandra Owens lives in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Her family and friends often question her sanity, but have ceased being surprised by what she might get up to next. She’s jumped out of a plane, flown in an aerobatic plane while the pilot performed thrilling stunts, has flown Air Combat (two fighter planes dogfighting, pretending to shoot at each ...more

K2 Team (5 books)
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Falling For Her (K2 Team, #3)
  • Lost in Her (K2 Team, #4)