Start by marking “When You Were Mine (Mile High Romance, #4)” as Want to Read:
When You Were Mine (Mile High Romance, #4)

When You Were Mine

(Mile High Romance #4)

Book 4 of the Mile High Romance series.
Kyle has stayed in an abusive relationship because he doesn't believe he deserves anything better. He hands over his paycheck and his dignity for the sake of keeping the peace. Jonathan lives an orderly life of routine and processes. When Seb asks him to look into a case against his ex, he hesitates. Not because he doesn't want to
Published May 14th 2016 by Surrendered Press

To ask other readers questions about When You Were Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When You Were Mine

Start your review of When You Were Mine (Mile High Romance, #4)
Trio
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOTE
My review of the whole series of audiobooks is up on the blog. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.kimmerseroticbookbanter.co...

If you're an audiobook fan, I highly recommend doing the series this way - it was an incredible experience going through one of my all-time favorite series this way.

My Original Review of Book 4

I feel like every time I review a book from this series I say this is the best one yet... well, this is the best one yet.

These characters... gah, so much
Kian Rhodes
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
There isn't much that Aria Grace has written that I don't love. When You Were Mine is no exception! It manages to be sweet, edgy and Poignant, all at the same time. Too many writers seem to have forgotten that good fiction has to include conflict of some type and Aria Grace does an excellent job of introducing the conflict and then using it to better her characters. I loved it!
Penumbra
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

When You Were Mine is the fourth book in the Mile High Romance series. Its the story of Kyle and Jonathan, two characters mentioned in previous books. Kyle is the ex-boyfriend of Seb from Book Three and Jonathan is the lawyer, briefly mentioned in the previous books. This story is told in first person from both Kyles and Jonathans povs.

(view spoiler)
Charles
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Jonathan's character was one I've been waiting to get to know since book two, so I was really excited to finally read his story. Kyle's story was more difficult to read because I felt so bad for him and his low sense of self-worth. I devoured every page and fell in love with these guys. A definite must read for any Aria Grace fan.
Pati
Wow! Ms Grace certainly did a great job with these two characters. Poor Kyle with his low self esteem just about broke my heart. And Jonathan with his OCD. *sigh* Made me appreciate that mine isn't nearly that bad. These two were perfect for each other. I must also say that I loved Susan! What a great mom! I highly recommend this whole series to everyone.
Faye Kennedy
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book, m-m
This is a great book, it does contain a rape scene but what comes next is a beautiful story of two guys who were meant to be together. I loved the characters of Kyle and Jonathon they are gorgeous. Susan had her great moments too. Kyle has an abusive boyfriend but when they get arrested by the police for embezzling money, Kyle convinces the police he knew nothing about any of it. With no place or money while the police finish the case, Kyle is stuck. Kyle runs into his ex while chatting they ...more
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
This book has it all....emotional storyline, beautifully written characters and the reader is left with a true feeling of happiness with the end result of the book. Kyle with low self esteem and involved in an abusive relationship and Jonathan with his OCD and germaphobe tendencies look like an uneven pair, but Aria Grace has a way to make them the perfect pair that improve each others strengths. This was a HEA that both characters rightfully deserved. ...more
Bobbi
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When You Were Mine, book four in the Mile High Romance series by Aria Grace. This book has a wonderful storyline! About two characters who are trapped in their own kind of hell. Jonathan a lawyer with OCD and Kyle in an abusive relationship which is all he thinks he deserves. I cringed every time we were with Kyle and Bruce. Bruce is such a bully in every way. Fantastic characters! Loved Jonathans mom! A great story! Definitely another must read book in this series! ...more
Bronwyn
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
NOTE TO AUTHOR: This book is in serious need of a trigger warning because of the rape scene.

Im happy to say that I enjoyed this installment of the Mile High Romance series. Kyle and Jonathans romance evolved slowly and organically. Still lots of errors in this book but because the story was engaging, it didnt distract me as much.
Ricardo
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

The books in this series may not be masterpieces but they sure are entertaining and full of humor. In this one we get a guy involved in an abusive relationship and someone who has to deal with severe OCD.
Donna
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
AUDIO VERSION
Love the series
Bonnie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trigger warnings

I didnt check the front of the book. Even though I knew it involved abuse. Spoiler: there is a brutal rape scene. Very well written can been easily skipped over.
Deanna Wiley
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this book

Wow these books just keep getting better and better. I was in love with Kyle and Jonathan from the very beginning. I love these books so much.
iDreem2

Series 4.0
Natalija
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Going into the book I had no idea that one of the characters has OCD. It's something I have to deal with every single day, so I was glad to see that it was conveyed well if not spot on. Even though Jonathan and I don't have the same tics, I could relate to him on so many levels. Bottom line, When You Were Mine is a great book that will definitely tug at your heartstrings. It's impossible not to root fo these guys. Recommended!
Mercedes
Jun 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I found Kyle's self esteem issues incredibly annoying. After a while I just couldn't even muster sympathy for him. I just have no patience for that.
Also, I felt that although these guys have weeks to get to know each other we see very little of it on page. There is a lot of Bruce/Kyle on page but very little actual Kyle/Jonathan on page for me to buy the ILYs exchanged at the end.
Kaila
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg... so much about this story was awesome.. and hard.. and so very very sad to read. Yet at the same time amazing.. and sweet and wonderful and love... There are some very hard parts in this story.. trigger spots.. They didnt bother me but incase of others. I loved everything about this story. I love that Seb helps his ex.. I loved Kyle and how broken he felt and was.. but then he becomes strong again. I love Jonathan and his quirks.. its all awesome
Kristen Stillwell
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When you were mine

This is the second book I have read in this series the writing is very good and the story was great I loved the main characters and Susan was a great pflag mom worth the read
Emily Seelye
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Really sweet story about Kyle, and his lawyer, Jonathan. When Kyles abusive boyfriend gets him in trouble with the law, Jonathan agrees to help him. They become friends and eventually fall in love.
T.L. Travis
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You never know what's in store

For you when your sense of self worth has been clouded by another's thoughtlessness. Karma is a bitch and she will always find you. I love seeing those hurt badly by others triumph and come out on top.

Now, on to book 5!
Rachel
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this sweet romantic read. With some angst but believable within the storyline.
I want to read about Jeff now.
Earlyn
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5* love this book and get the tissue ready
Kim
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story. Loved it.
Judy
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kyle and Jonathan. Some abuse here. Still sweetness prevails. I just love these boys!
Calvin Laurent
Shhh
Aug 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Large Print Recom...: M/M (Gay) Romance 1 1 Jun 10, 2016 05:35PM

• More Than Everything (Family, #3)
  • La Conjointe Adorée (E-Conjoints t. 1)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • It Was Always You
  • Getting Close to the Omega (Cloverleah Pack, #5)
  • Calming the Enforcer (Cloverleah Pack, #4)
  • When No Doesn't Cut It (Cloverleah Pack #3)
  • The Runaway Cat (Cloverleah Pack #2)
  • The Biker's Omega (Alpha and Omega, #1)
  • The Reluctant Wolf (Cloverleah Pack #1)
  • Birthday with His Omega (Mapleville Omegas #7)
  • When the Smoke Clears: Anthology
  • Tentation
  • Rewind Boxed Set
  • Shy Boy (Red Sky, Texas, #1)
  • Guarding Murphy (Sprung Like Spring #4)
  • Dragon's Boxset

Mile High Romance (10 books)
  • When It's Right (Mile High Romance #1)
  • When I'm Weak (Mile High Romance, #2)
  • When I'm Lost (Mile High Romance, #3)
  • When I Fall (Mile High Romance #5)
  • When Whiskey Stops Working (Mile High Romance #6)
  • When Thunder Rolls (Mile High Romance, #7)
  • When the Bough Breaks (Mile High Romance #8)
  • When Words Fail (Mile High Romance, #9)
  • When Doves Cry (Mile High Romance, #10)

News & Interviews

Are you new to reading mysteries and thrillers and feeling overwhelmed by where to start? As all good detectives know, narrowing down the list ...