Start by marking “Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need to Know” as Want to Read:
Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need to Know

Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need to Know

Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need To Know is packed with fun facts, bizarre-but-true tales, and quirky insights into everyone's favorite Marvel comic characters, including The Avengers, Spider-Man, and Daredevil.

Discover why the Hulk comes in three different varieties-green, gray, and red-and how a frog once gained Thor's powers! This unique guide sheds light o
Published August 30th 2016 by DK Children

To ask other readers questions about Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need to Know

Start your review of Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
Ondra Král
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Sbírka náhodných faktů k Marvel postavám/týmům/lokacím/předmětům. Hezky udělané, pro nováčky co nechtějí číst komiksy asi ideál. Pokud umíte anglicky, českému vydání se spíš vyhněte.
Aman 4-7
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book.But then again I could be saying that just because i'm a comic geek.Nonetheless,this book gave facts about anything/everything in the marvel comic world.I would recommend this book to anyone taking interest in marvel,and wishes to know more about the comics because this gives it plain and simple.All fast facts for you.
MC
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I bought the gorgeously illustrated Marvel Powers of a Girl by Lorraine Cink and Alice X. Zhang and was curious to pick up “Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need to Know,” another book co-written by Cink. This was a great companion read in the days leading up to the premiere of Infinity War: Endgame. And, it’s wonderful primer for anyone interested in Marvel and understanding their vast array of comic characters across a variety of story lines.
Jessica Venegas
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
So many characters! Some not worth remembering but it's an entertaining book
Lobo
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Kolibri Kiadó felkarolta azokat a könyveket, amelyek igazán az ifjabb korosztálynak szólnak. Nagyon szeretem ezeket az igényes összeállításokat, az eredeti kiadóban, a DK-ban (Dorling Kindersley) még sose csalódtam, mindig nagyon igényes és képekben roppant gazdag kiadványokat jelentetnek meg. A Marvel Studios: Szereplők nagykönyve kötet után ebben a kötetben a hősök, társaik, ellenfeleik, környezetük, kalandjaik mind-mind rajzos formában jelennek meg.

Nem véletlenül már a könyv külseje is eg
Tyrone
I came to Marvel largely through the MCU . I read mainly British Comics like Starlord, Eagle and 2000 AD but when i did read comics they were generally of the DC variety. My marvel input was from a few Fantastic Four annuals as a younger child and then mainly from TV with series like The incredible Hulk, Spiderman and the more lately the X-Men cartoon series. In the late 80's, early 1990's like a lot of people i became Batman crazy digging deep into his archive and reading the best that DC had t ...more
岩倉 NIV7
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This oversize book is vibrant on every page, conveying the feel of comics and providing a strange sort of overview via mostly unconnected specificity. Organized by subject and without any additional 'more on'/'see'/'turn to' page direction, this collection of Fun Facts feels like the shimmer of the sun on the tip of the iceberg: the details presented glimmer interestingly and prove a complexity despite never plumbing the depths. There isn't any coherence or through-line that helps anchor any of ...more
🌚 •JR• 🌝
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
RumBelle
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, favorites
What is fun about books like this are the quirky, little known facts that they present. You learn things about characters, and subjects, that, even after having been a lifelong fan, you didn't know. The Black Panther and Thor were two characters about which I learned a lot. The illustrations, and layout make it interesting as well. Your eye keeps moving, reading all you can. An enjoyable guide to Marvel.
van
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich hätte mir mehr Fakten über einzelne Personen gewünscht. Hier sind nur wenige ausgewählte aufgezählt. Um einzelne Personen oder Gruppen kennenzulernen ist es gut, aber ich wünsche mir eher ein Nachschlagewerk.
Max
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I learned a lot of good information.
Meghannf
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
pretty good
Joshua
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hands down. BEST. BOOK. EVER.
Calvinist Batman
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
While this book is really up-to-date, I found it to barely be a beginners guide. Should be called "Random book facts for people who might like the comic book characters they really like on-screen".
Keith Lord
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting information with great art work selected.
Brenda
It has been several years since I read this book but I remember the main point. Nearly everything wrong in the Marvel universe is probably Iron Man's fault.
Nathan Lewis
A good collectors book for Marvel fans, those who are not into the superhero's I would not recommend buying it. A great read.
Leonardo
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun read with lots of, sometimes very obscure, facts and tidbits.
Not a comprehensive guide by a long shot but a great book to have, especially for fans.
tony dillard jr
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Marvel: Absolutely Everything You Need To Know promises readers to give them the complete inside scoop on the Marvel Universe. But this 240-page chronicle doesn't even come close to scratching the surface.
Let's look at the positives first:
It's a DK Book and they do amazing work. Their volumes are like museums in a book. If you need a guide getting around a city or state or particular topic, they are folks you trust to make sure you have arrived.
The illustrations are rather stunnin
Matthew Gill
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Marvel Absolutely Everything You Need to Know.

So, I grew up reading comics. But like many of my peers I didn’t have the funds to stay up to speed by getting my hands on every issue as it rolled off the presses. However, like any good comic book loving kid you learn to pick up a bit of trivia here a story arc there from anywhere you can. You talk to friends, you read over issues at the store; anything to get more of what is going on. Even so you don’t always manage to learn everything ther
Charles
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a demonstration of how complex and original the totality of the Marvel universes is. Page after page of characters, brief snippets of storylines, devices and comparisons of one universe with another. There is no way that the level of information truly rises to the level of “absolutely everything,” yet it does give the reader a significant step up in understanding much of what has happened with the characters over the last twenty years.
Marvel stories have always been ones of fundam
Dan Watts
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
I still read plenty of "graphic novels", but avoid the superhero genre. With so many movies and TV shows being based on superheros, I thought this book would be a good primer on these characters.

However, the book is organized in a haphazard way that presents a few facts about various superheros on each (richly illustrated) page. I suppose that's intended to keep things lively, but I found it unenlightening and, counterintuitively, dull. It was like listening to someone tell short anecdotes abou
to'c
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Comic fans
Certainly an exhaustive look at the Marvel Universe. I no longer actively read comic books so this was something of an eye opener. So many heroes, so many Earths, so many histories! I can't possibly hope to catch up now!

I enjoyed the format quite a bit. Mr. Bray managed to pack quite a lot of information into dense little spaces, focusing on different aspects or different characters of the Marvel Universe. An enjoyable read, even if you're completely up to date…
Rachel
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-m-geeking-out
I enjoyed this quite a bit and really liked how it was laid out. I learned about a lot of characters that I've never heard of before, however, there are also quite a bit missing! Like, Deadpool wasn't featured at all! He's listed in the index but when you go to that page he's only mentioned in passing alongside another character.
Kristal
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure that is book had ABSOUTELY EVERYTHING I needed to know about Marvel. But it definitely had a lot of info on the comic book version of the popular characters from the movies and tv shows. It was far more entertaining than the encyclopedia. The same amount o information but given in a bursts. I think any fan of Marvel should read it.
Felicia
Using the phrase "come alive" drove me nuts. It should have been "came to life" or some other phrase. Goodness! Proper grammar please, Marvel!
Lisa
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The only complaint that I have for this book is that there seems to be no order to how the book is set up. Other than that, it seems to be an awesome book. There are lots of fun little tidbits for children to enjoy about their favorite Marvel characters. I would totally buy this for myself.
Wendy
Sep 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I was hoping this would explain some of the Marvel universe. I have not read any of the comics, so I found this book incredibly confusing. It did not help me understand. I wish it would have better descriptions of the characters that would explain them. On a positive note, The artwork is amazing!
Rosie
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Taught me so much about the Marvel universe I didn't already know! And I still haven't finished reading it!
Jayde
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Disjointed and repetitive. It's also full of really hokey jokes. I believe that it's geared towards kids but they underestimate the intelligence of their target audience.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir
  • The Marvel Encyclopedia
  • The Bone Sparrow
  • Extreme Fishing
  • Mercury: An Intimate Biography of Freddie Mercury
  • Pirates
  • Toys
  • Rogue (DI Geraldine Steel #12)
  • The House on Cold Hill (House on Cold Hill, #1)
  • The Dangerous Days of Daniel X (Daniel X, #1)
  • The Witcher, Vol. 3: Curse of Crows
  • A Hero Born (Legends of the Condor Heroes #1)
  • The Finance Book: Understand the Numbers Even If You're Not a Finance Professional
  • Second Honeymoon (Honeymoon, #2)
  • Stan Lee: The Man Behind Marvel
  • Sinal de Vida
  • Randoms (Randoms, #1)
  • Falling Fast (Hailee & Chase, #1)