Start by marking “Trouble Makes a Comeback (Trouble, #2)” as Want to Read:
Trouble Makes a Comeback (Trouble, #2)

Trouble Makes a Comeback

(Trouble #2)

“How do you like life in the fast lane?” Digby said. “Is it everything you thought it would be?”

Good question.

Achieving high school “normal” wasn’t as hard as Zoe Webster expected, but she’s beginning to think Hollywood oversold how much fun it all is. Isn’t dating a jock supposed to be one long Instagram dream? Shouldn’t she enjoy gossiping 24/7 with her two BFFs? And isn
Published November 22nd 2016 by Kathy Dawson Books

Start your review of Trouble Makes a Comeback (Trouble, #2)
Claire is looking for Bloodlines series ARCs
***I made a spotify playlist for this book because I'm trash!***
(I might make another playlist for the last book-I basically have 2 playlists for this series atm. Check back with me once the third book has been released: Trouble Never Sleeps ??? OMG)

REVIEW:
THIS BOOK WAS UNBELIEVABLE AND I COULDN'T EXPECT ANY LESS. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! *By the way, I'm reviewing the ARC of this novel*
description

I loved every minute of this book! This was so much better than the first one. In the first book, Di
Deyse
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
At this point I love this series so much, the only way I will cope with the wait until book 3 is re-reading the first 2. Some random thoughts because my feelings are still all over the place:

- OTP is gold and I finished this book with a silly smile on my face because of that.

- the love triangle was kind of dragged but honestly it didn't bothered me, it was pretty clear what was going to happen and I think it was necessary so Zoe could have a character development, realizing what she thought she
Stacee
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not sure what compelled me to download this book, seeing as I didn't really care for the first one, but I'm glad I did.

Zoe and Digby are so irrational and semi-dysfunctional and somehow it really works for them. I really liked the aspect of Zoe trying to be "normal" and the additional characters that brought in. Sloane was especially fun.

The plot was crazy and completely unbelievable and yet I was captivated from the beginning. There was still a lot of eye rolling and I couldn't commit to
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
I heartily enjoyed this one probably better than the first book. I love seeing Zoe and Digby together accompanied by the quaint cast. I died laughing. Nobody writes a delightful witty story like Tromly. Though, Kevin Kwan is totally an exception to that. I can't wait enough for the next book.
Jamie
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The dream team of Zoe and Digby are back, and I couldn't be happier. The second book in the - gasp! - apparent trilogy steps on the gas from the moment the book opens and doesn't stop the wild ride until the very last page. Tromly has created an almost absurd romp and caper that includes snappy dialogue, tons of snark, and a cast of supporting characters that are endlessly entertaining. There are drug dealers and kidnappers and reclusive millionaires oh my! But let's be honest: we're here for th ...more
Jentry
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one did not disappoint! I do think there was a lot more build up for the larger mystery ahead (which I'm assuming will all come together in book 3...?) then there was in the first. There's definitely a Veronica Mars vibe (as the book jacket of the first promised) and for some reason I noticed it a bit more in this one. Zoe takes the lead more often instead of just always being dragged along on Digby's crazy quests. There weren't as many laugh out loud moments as the first, but I liked the e ...more
Brandi
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed "Trouble Makes a Comeback" as much as I enjoyed the preceding "Trouble is a Friend of Mine". I enjoy Ms. Tromly's writing style and use of humor. She excels at character development (including the unlikable characters) and I cannot wait for the third book in the story; just don't listen to the fans on Twitter who think killing off the protagonist, Digby, is a good idea! I will definitely be looking forward to more of this author's works in the future!
Laurence R.
Mar 10, 2016 marked it as to-read
Why so far awaaaaaaay? :(
Maddie
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This felt like such a filler book, like a stepping stone to the real mystery that will unravel in the next book. Really wasn't a fan of the relationship between Zoe and Digby in this one, either, so I'm disappointed with how trivial everything felt compared to the first book. BUT, I'm not giving up hope and I still want to know what happened to Digby's sister, so I'll keep my eyes out for book three.
Nazeefa
I have the silliest smile on my face right now. This OTP tho srsly.
So so good. I'm obsessed with Zoe and Digby. And their little group of misfits; Felix, Henry & Sloane.
These books are the best kind of feel-good, dark and intelligent mystery & humour combination.
I hope there's a third book coming! THERE BETTER BE!
Nina
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not as funny as the first book, but I guess that's to be expected when things get a lot darker in the sequel. Is the story plausible? Heck no, but that's not why I read books like these.

Digby's back, and the team is getting back together for even crazier shenanigans! Digby's matured a little (but he's still the irreverent, fast-talking nerd from book 1) and he's still hunting down the people who kidnapped his little sister and destroyed his family. Zoe's finally gotten her life back to normal, j
Mary H
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-books
*jaw drops* holy crap on a cracker, I need book 3 asap. Also YAY there will definitely be a book 3! I mean, there has to be.
Hayli
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, audiobook
I need the third one! These audiobooks are so good!
Hannah
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Hannah by: Ley
How do you expect me to move on from this? I find myself wondering how, like Digby, my life will be after (if ever) we find out what happened to Sally. So now we wait? But we dread the wait. At the same time, we dread what we would find at the end of the wait.

So, Stephanie Tromly, how do we move on from this? When's it going to end? Are we ever going to escape from Planet Digby? Will we ever want to?

The real review of the book: The slow reader in me got kicked into high gear, and I couldn't wait
Lina
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Super entertaining and interesting. It was light even when Zoe and Digby got into a lot of trouble. It was definitely fun.

The characters were amazing like in the past book, however the Mom keeps being the weakest character. After everything she went through with her ex-husband she still acts like a stupid teenager in this book.

(view spoiler)
Tissy
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good but not as great as the first book. Would definitely read the third instalment if it was out now but spring 2018? Doubt I would remember all the shenanigans which means as with many series books I've read I doubt I'll still be interested when it's finally published. Shame but who knows ...
Books are TARDIS
Maybe an iota less epic than the first book in the series, but still pretty darn addictive. I LOVE the evolution of the Princeton-Sloane friendship in this book. The charm, snark, quirk, and shenanigans still carry on. Can't get enough of these characters. What can I say, I love these crazy kids.
Monique
3.5 out of 5 stars

**I received a copy of this book via NetGalley**

So I admittedly did not realise this was book 2 in a series when I requested this and have not read book 1 so this will simply be a breakdown of my thoughts rather than a full review.

* This book is populated with fun and wonderful characters. I really enjoyed the dynamic between Zoe and Digby but I was particularly taken by the misfit kids who made up the rest of the gang.

* The writing in this is really fun, witty and heartfelt an
Michelle
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I stumbled upon the previous book in this series by accident, read it and really enjoyed it. When I saw the second book was on NetGalley I had to find out what happened next. Does Zoe get her peaceful life, and what about that kiss!!!
Trouble Makes a Comeback picks up a few months after the previous book. Zoe is in a relationship with Austin, and her previous actions have long since been forgotten. More people are accepting of her, and her Mum has a boyfriend who Zoe likes. Most importantly Zoe h
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Update 2019: Reread this, and I only have positive feelings.

2016 Review:
This series is so much fucking fun, I swear. There should be more humor novels in YA. While I don’t think Trouble Makes a Comeback was quite as pitch perfect as Trouble Is a Friend of Mine, I once again read the whole thing in just a few hours, totally caught up in the hilarity.

For the most part, I dropped the rating because I feel like the plot arc of this novel’s less cohesive and satisfying. Plot-wise, there’s a bit of a
Amy

until infinity.

Everyone knows, when it comes to acting, comedians are the best actors out there because comedy is THE HARDEST thing to get right. I will say that same about writing. And Stephanie Tromly NAILS IT. These books, you guys. Just read them, please. It will make your day. I'm so pleased this second book is just as amazing as the first. Seriously, SO MUCH FUN and the writing is superb, and the characters! Bravo, Stephanie! <3
Eri
Verdict: Digby and Zoe are the most delightfully snarky and ship-worthy spying duo to exist.

Reading about them makes me feel like

Of course the plot is very zany and wacky yet clever and I appreciated getting back to spy hijinks with the crew, Sloane included, and I am so excited for this third book please give it to me now.

Emily
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Suffers from middle book syndrome (everything introduced in a rush, nothing resolved) as well as characterizations, plot points, and dialogue that rely heavily on cliche and feel totally unrealistic. Audio performance is nice, but enough to redeem the writing.
Anna
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended-ya, work, 2016
Digby is back! And better than ever. And dare I say swoonier too? Can't resist a guy in a suit.
Zoë
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Re-Read: I actually liked it a lot better than the first time I read it. Mostly because the funny parts were a lot funnier.

Digby threw the car keys for me to catch. "Say you got lost," he said.
"Why don't you say you got lost?"I threw the keys back to him.
"They'd believe it more if you were driving." Digby threw the keys to me again.
This time, I threw the keys
at him. Hard.
"Hey," he said.
"That was sexist," I said.
"
I'm not sexist. I'm saying they are." He shook off the hand he'd used to catc
Ale
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love this
Natelle Woodworth
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will forever be in love with Digby’s shenanigans!
Em
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
Absolutely loved this book and I can't wait to read the next one. I just love the 'witty banter' between zoe and digby.
Edit~A
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
“You never called, Digby. You just left,” I said. “You never called.”
But whatever relief I got from finally unloading on him lasted exactly as long as it took for me to speak those words, because Digby said, “The phone rings on both ends, Zoe. You never called me either.”
And then he left.

Again, while reading this book I laughed, got excited and worried, but unfortunately this time, I did not enjoy it fully. I did not like Zoe's character and actions in this book. She neglected her boyfriend, lef
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

Like I said in my review of book 1, I wasn't that impressed with the execution of the story, nor the characters, but as I had been approved for an ARC of the sequel, I decided I had to read Trouble Makes a Comeback, and I think I'm glad I did, as I preferred this one to book 1.

I'm not going to write a long review this time, especially seeing as it's been 3 years since I read it, but the dynami
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct the page count 2 8 Jun 01, 2020 11:21AM

• Every Breath (Every, #1)
  • Buzz Kill
  • Every Word (Every, #2)
  • Every Move (Every, #3)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • The Last of August (Charlotte Holmes, #2)
  • A Question of Holmes (Charlotte Holmes, #4)
  • All In (The Naturals, #3)
  • The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
  • The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes, #3)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • Trust Me, I'm Trouble (Trust Me, #2)
  • All Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1)
  • The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1)
  • Lucky Day (I Hunt Killers, #0.2)
Stephanie Tromly was born in Manila, grew up in Hong Kong, graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, and worked as a screenwriter in Los Angeles. She is the author of Trouble Is a Friend of Mine and lives in Winnipeg with her husband and son.

Trouble (3 books)
  • Trouble Is a Friend of Mine (Trouble, #1)
  • Trouble Never Sleeps (Trouble, #3)

News & Interviews

“The phone rings on both ends, Zoe. You never called me either” 10 likes
“He carries around a notebook where he keeps a list of suspects and motives so the police will have leads if he ever turns up murdered” 6 likes