Start by marking “The Christmas Tree (Pineville #2)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Tree (Pineville #2)

The Christmas Tree

(Pineville #2)

DECORATING WITH THE GRINCH

It was one little fender bender. Sadie was only in picturesque Pineville, Michigan, for a day, trying to handle the ramshackle house her grandmother left her and juggle the sale of her failing design business at the same time. Her debtors don’t care that it’s almost Christmas. But then neither does the big bad contractor whose truck got squashed.
Published November 22nd 2016 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Tree

Start your review of The Christmas Tree (Pineville #2)
Bookworm Extraordinaire
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing

description

Sadie is in Pineville, Michigan to check out the house her grandmother left her. One quick glance at her phone and a raccoon sets off a domino effect ending with a light pole right down the middle of someone's truck.

Colt McCoy can't believe his eyes when his truck is destroyed by a falling light pole. When he finds out that Sadie was looking at her phone instead of the road, he loses his temper completely.

Calling the police doesn't exactly end as planned with them both having to serve community
Wendy'sThoughts
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Allyson Charles Fans, Holiday, Romance
4 Don't Text While Driving Stars
* * * * It's Live!!
As the Holiday Season approaches, some of us make To-Do Lists...
These lists may have been made by Sadie Wilson....

Things To-Do:

1. Do not mope about design business going to hell in a hand basket...Figure something out.
2. Stop obsessing about selling grandma's house...Make it happen...
3. Forget EVER TEXTING WHILE DRIVING...swerving for the racoon, Yes it was cute...
4. Own up to the Asshat whose truck was CUT IN HALF because of that silly light po
Ann Lorz
I'm really enjoying visiting in Pineville. It seems like a really cute town to visit or live in. I'm a huge fan of small town romances and this series fits the bill perfectly. You'll both love had hate the closeness of everyone (your business is everyone's business.

This is the second book and in the series and I'm already waiting for the next one. I really love Charles' writing. She blends happiness and heartbreak well.

The whole idea of these two having work together after the Judge (love him) c
Kathleen
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Christmas Tree is a sassy holiday romance tale that will easily get the reader into the holiday spirit. Author Allyson Charles weaves an enjoyable tale set in the small town of Pineville, Michigan, that follows the humorous forced pairing of professional house stager Sadie Wilson and general contractor Colt McCoy, when they are sentenced to perform community service by decorating the town's Christmas Tree.

Sadie Wilson is in the small town of Pineville, Michigan, to get her grandmother's hous
MyMy (PunchDrunkLibrary)
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
For more Reviews: http://www.punchdrunklibrary.com

PDL’s Rating: 5 Princess Stars (Loved)

Funny, I first rated it a 4.5 Stars but as I was writing the review it brought everything back and I realized I truly loved this book and not just really liked it!!

Okay… okay… OKAY. The Christmas Tree was the CUTEST read ever! During this time of the year, my favorite channel is Hallmark where I can lay there all day watching movies after holiday movies like I have no kind of responsibilities in the real worl
Kristy Johnston
What happened to the raccoon? I read the first chapter of the book and that was enough for me. The woman swerves to avoid a raccoon but pleads guilty to texting while driving since she glanced at a message on her phone minutes before, no mention of said raccoon. That's after she gets yelled at by the guy who's truck gets destroyed by the poll she hits. He runs out of the cafe, jumps to conclusions and screams at her without evening stopping to hear an explanation then get arrested himself for no ...more
Julie
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The Christmas Tree by Allyson Charles is a sweet holiday romance that will really get you in the Christmas spirit. It is part of the Pineville series, but can be read as a standalone. I did not read the first book in the series and didn't feel like I was missing anything at all.

When we first meet Colt, I have to admit that I thought he was a giant jerk. As the story continues you start to see a little more about why he is the way he is and he really grew on me. I liked Sadie right away (even if
Cathy Geha
Nov 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The Christmas Tree by Allyson Charles
Pineville #2

Both Sadie and Colt have issues to deal with in addition to dealing with one another while doing community service time decorating the Pineville Christmas tree. They may feel an immediate attraction to one another but the idea of acting on that attraction is the furthest thing from both of their minds…at least for a while. The story had me hating Colt, then warming up to him, and finally caring whether or not he and Sadie could find common ground.
Bette Hansen
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a truly fantastic read. Filled with humor, holiday magic, and a wonderful romance. The witty banter between Colt and Sadie kept me laughing all the way through the book. These two first meet when they are involved in a little fender bender. Well maybe not so little but it was just an accident!! When the judge sentences these two to community service decorating the town Christmas Tree the real fun begins!!

Don't miss this one this holiday season. I highly recommend it.
Penny Leidecker
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this small town Christmas story. This book will make you laugh out loud several times and leave you with a smile on your face. I love all the characters and I can’t wait to read more in this series. Wait until you learn who has been stealing the Christmas decorations, lol. Allyson Charles has quickly became a favorite author of mine and I can’t wait for her next release. Now, on to the next book in this series.
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
This is a great read. It is full of homour and romance.

I started reading it yesterday and I am glad I read it then because I really needed the laughs. This book is very well written and it kept me entertained and laughing.

If you are looking for a romantic and funny read this holiday season I do highly recommend this one.

The Christmas Tree is book 2 in the Pineville series but you can read it as a stand-alone.

You can now purchase this book in stores or online now.
Pat
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fast paced read had a great storyline and very likable characters that captured my heart from the very first page and wouldn't let it go until I finished reading the very last page! This book is an absolute must read and I definitely look forward to reading more from this author! ...more
Rachel
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
He was just too grumpy for me. He's angry at the world and has daddy issues. Yeah his dad is a bit grumpy but he has a kind heart. He's not as critical as Colt makes him out to be. The h is a bit ditzy but way too nice. Like a doormat. What turns Colt around? She's pretty. 🙄 ...more
Bernie
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I enjoy small town stories and all the characters that go with them. Allyson Charles does a wonderful job of creating a great story that has fun H/h and makes you look forward to the next in the series.
Jessie
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
These are just fun little reads.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

What does a quick glance away from the road, a raccoon, a falling light pole, a wrecked truck, a jinxed Christmas tree and two strangers have in common? One hilarious, touching and enjoyable Christmas tale.

Sadie had only intended to spend one miserable day in Pineville to tend to her grandmother’s house. Rotten luck seemed to follow her everywhere she went… and now dumb luck, okay maybe her own fault, but dumb nonetheless is keeping her in this small town doing commu
Meghan Lloyd
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, it was a little weird reading a Christmas romance in October. However, I really got into the Christmas spirit quickly, reading about the town's Christmas tree and the gift of healing during the holidays. It was a heartwarming story of Scrooge finding Christmas cheer and the woman who showed him how.

Sadie Wilson is having a rough year. With her business going down the drain and her grandmother's house to sell, the last thing she needs is to have her car smashed against a pole and
Lynn Spencer
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
B-, so 3.5 stars I'm a sucker for holiday romances and this one is a fun read. It starts off with a rather absurd premise, but if you can move past that, the romance itself is both sweet and sexy.

Sadie is in Pineville, Michigan trying to settle out her inheritance from her grandmother. Back home, her life is in the dumps as she is desperate to sell her floundering event business. Hoping for a buyer, she gets caught up in texting and hits Colt McCoy's parked truck. Both Sadie and Colt end up in c
Amy
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Tree is the second book in the PIneville series by Allyson Charles. Although both this series and this author are new to me, I will certainly be seeking out the first book in this series and other books in this author's collection. I really enjoyed this cute little holiday romance!

This book was a delightfully fun read and I really enjoyed the characters. The two main characters, Colt and Sadie, hooked me from their first meeting and the other residents of Pineville were fun to get
Becky Burciaga
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
An absolutely charming, quirky and hilarious romance with such memorable characters. This is the first book I've read by Ms Charles and I must say that I'm totally smitten. This author definitely has a knack for creating characters that'll touch your heart and leave a long lasting impression. Now that I have a taste of her writing style, I'll surely look for more of her books...I'm now a fan.

The storyline was fresh and captured my attention from the first page. There was not only the romance, b
Judy
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not only was this a good book, it had so much charm and humor to boot!!

Sadie is on her way to take care of her grandmother's house. She would be in Pineville, Michigan one day, that's it. Well, if it wasn't for bad luck Sadie wouldn't have any at all! She is involved in a small fender bender. Well, that's how she sees it. And when she sees the gorgeous man that belonged to the truck that she hit...just wow!!

Colt's truck is smashed all because of one gorgeous woman named, Sadie! Sadie and Colt a
Karen
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Allyson Charles is my go to author when I want to read a holiday romance. Here we have Sadie and Colt working together to decorate the town Christmas tree. Well, more like community service issued by the the wonderful town judge. At first they are bickering and one upping each other. She did damage his truck accidentally. But the more they are together, the more the love bug starts to work on them. I loved reading the changes in both Sadie and the grumpy (at first) Colt. The is a sweet, sassy an ...more
JoMarie DeGioia
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars! This book was very charming, and grabbed me the further into the book I read. At the beginning I thought both the hero and the heroine were a little over-the-top with their reactions, but once I learned why they acted the way they did? Totally bought into the entire, tinsel-covered love story! The town is charming and the inhabitants interesting. I love Romantic Comedy, and this book sure felt like one. I'll look for more from this author! ...more
Bookgyrl
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sadie and Colt meet in Pineville after Sadie is responsible for wrecking Colt's car and he has no valid insurance. The judge orders them to decorate the town christmas tree during a week of community service. At first the couple is bickering, but soon that changes. But Sadie is only in town to sell her grandmothers house. Do they have a future?

Cutesy story with a Christmas sauce. Enjoyed it!

I requested and received an ARC from Netgalley so I could review.
HeyT
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
This was a cute whirlwind romance between two strangers forced together. I love the town and found it charming as it put Sadie and Colt together through their community service sentences. I think the timeline was a little unrealistic but it was great that the book even poked a little fun at that compressed timeline at the end. The whole town is a character and I look forward to reading more about its citizens as the series grows.
Taylor
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
ARC provided by Netgalley.

This book was ok, a quick read, but it was little cheesy and everything happened to work out in the just the right way. That being said, the small town that the book in set in is actually quite charming and I did enjoy some of the secondary characters.
Cheri
Dec 22, 2017
John Thompson
Dec 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Their Christmas Baby Contract (Blackberry Bay #2)
  • Mistletoe in Paradise (Wildstone, #5.5)
  • More than Neighbors (Blackberry Bay, #1)
  • Kissing Beau (Wishing Well, Texas Book 12)
  • Educating Holden (Wishing Well, Texas Book 11)
  • Loving Jackson (Wishing Well, Texas Book 10)
  • Rescuing His Heart (Valentine Bay #2)
  • Playing By Heart (Valentine Bay #4)
  • Rocking Her Heart (Valentine Bay #3)
  • Unbreak My Heart (Valentine Bay Book 5)
  • All Fired Up (Road to Love, #3)
  • A Snowbound Scandal (Dallas Billionaires Club, #2)
  • Lone Star Lovers (Dallas Billionaire's Club #1)
  • Slow Ride (Road to Love, #2)
  • Love on Lexington Avenue (Central Park Pact, #2)
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Driven to Distraction (Road to Love, #1)
Allyson Charles writes small-town, contemporary romances with heat and humor. A former attorney, she happily ditched those suits and now works in her pajamas writing about men’s briefs instead of legal briefs. When she’s not writing, she’s probably engaged in one of her favorite hobbies: napping, eating, or martial arts (That last one almost makes up for the first two, right?). She also writes ste ...more

Pineville (4 books)
  • Putting Out Old Flames
  • Why Did It Have to Be You? (Pineville)
  • The Christmas Wedding Swap