Start by marking “Debt Cleanse: How To Settle Your Unaffordable Debts For Pennies On The Dollar” as Want to Read:
Debt Cleanse: How To Settle Your Unaffordable Debts For Pennies On The Dollar

Debt Cleanse: How To Settle Your Unaffordable Debts For Pennies On The Dollar

Jorge Newbery erased his debts without filing bankruptcy. Now you can, too.

Like many Americans, Newbery struggled with debt. But unlike most people, he owed more than $26 million. Creditors swarmed after a natural disaster devastated his multi-million dollar business. The stress was crushing. He needed a way out — and what he discovered will amaze you.

His breakthrough ca
Published February 12th 2016 by Community Books (first published February 11th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Debt Cleanse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Debt Cleanse

Start your review of Debt Cleanse: How To Settle Your Unaffordable Debts For Pennies On The Dollar
Tabitha
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: online-book-club
If you are in a large amount of debt and unable to survive, this book may be for you. However, use caution when following these guidelines. The author himself was millions of dollars in debt when he created this method of clearing it. This is not a guaranteed strategy and will take years to even possibly work.

To see the full review please visit:
Tonya
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find myself pondering my review of Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery. There are things that the author recommends that really make sense like disputing items on your credit report and checking every detail of your credit report for errors.

There are other things like settling debt for less than the amount owed that could provide huge relief to consumers but... could also lower their credit score. Something to be aware of.

Negative credit can stay on your credit for up to eleven years. That’s a
Jan Anderegg
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Debt Cleanse appears to be a one-of-a-kind in its “Get out of debt free (almost)” approach. I have mixed feelings about the book.

It does provide very detailed information about the different types of debt and how to avoid letting debt ruin your life, which it can do as so many people quickly discover. We live in a society with a buy now, enjoy now, pay (a lot more) later mentality. This is a very detailed book that goes through each type of debt in detail and how it works for and against you.

I
Topbookreviewers
"Watch out America; get ready to cleanse your debt! Debt Cleanse: How To Settle Your Unaffordable Debts For Pennies by Jorge P. Newbery is coming in at the right time. America is in debt from national to state and also municipal. The whole system is in a downward spiral. The bigger concern is personal debt, mortgage, student loans, credit card and car loan debts. If you are drowning in debt, like many of your fellow Americans, it is a frightening and disabling effect on you and your family. Newb ...more
Chris Phillips
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with debt issues
Recommended to Chris by: Author
Debt Cleanse: How to Settle Your Unaffordable Debts for Pennies on the Dollar (And Not Pay Some at All) - by Jorge P. Newbery. ISBN 978-1-61961-322-5. Published by Community Books, LLC, 2016, 2018. Reviewer received book from Author as e-book in pdf format.
Review by Chris Phillips
According to the author and company that this book is basically an advertisement for, www.debtcleanse.com, Americans have been duped by creditors, credit card companies and other corporate entities into carrying on seve
Annie
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog Nonstop Reader.

Debt Cleanse is a informational guide for reducing or eliminating debt and avoiding abusive debt collection. Released in 2016, it's 418 pages and available in paperback, audio, and ebook formats.

This is an exhaustive, well annotated guide to the legal ins and outs of the debt collection industry, and how to ameliorate or eliminate consumer debt. I am conflicted about this guide. It is absolutely 100% true that student, medical, and usurious cons
Jamie Jack
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, p-2019
As someone who was put into pretty deep debt by my ex-husband (tanking my credit rating for years), I can say that this book has some excellent tips and advice for people who are experiencing soul-crushing debt. The author clearly has a lot of personal experience with debt, and he generously shares his knowledge with us so that if we're having problems with this, we can find legal solutions. The book is organized cleanly, looking at specific types of debt like mortgages, student loans, credit ca ...more
Johanna Sawyer
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the publisher for a copy to read and give my honest opinion.

Debt Cleanse is an honest approach to one mans dealing with debtors with substantial debts. Debt collectors are tenacious and this book gives you some helpful hints at getting through to them.

What did I like? This book was more directed toward people dealing with litigation and aggressive debt collectors, but I read between the lines on most chapters. Basic idea is to just close out the debt and to debt no more. Cash is the
Johanna Sawyer
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to the publisher for a copy to read and give my honest opinion.

Nina Campbell
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newberry is a book that describes how you can try to get rid of your debt. This book gives a list of examples of ways to thwart collection agencies who are attempting to collect. It also tries to sell the reader on the idea of going on a website and listing all your debts which I personally think is a terrible idea that gives an unknown entity way too much information. Some of the information provided is useful but other parts are downright ridiculous. Personally, if you ...more
Marion Jones
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Debt Cleanse is an interesting read. There is some good information contained in this book regarding debt. Income inequality plays a big part in today’s debt, as well as the thought process of buy now, pay later. Management of income is not something that is currently taught in most schools so the knowledge has to come from somewhere else. For many young adults, they have learned this from their parents, good or bad. My biggest issue with the book is the attitude that a person should not take re ...more
Marion Jones
Suzanne Hare
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is meant to help individuals who have debt they want to get rid of. It is for people in the United States. There are step by step instructions to make the process go smoother and easier. Steps includes; asserting your rights, stopping payments, stop harassing calls, despite debts, uncover deficiencies, protect your assets and how to negotiate the best deal.

This book gives strategies to help reduce personal debt and fight against the debt run financial system. The writing is easy to und
june keefer
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Good Book For Those With Credit Issues

This is a wonderful book. I would recommend it to anyone who is dealing with any kind of creditor. In this Book it is laid out for you exactly how to deal with the creditor with or it be mortgage or some other debt. I wish I had this book a few years @go it would have helped us save our home from a bank that had gotten sued many times for not having deeds to homes and foreclosing on them then buying said feeds at sheriff sales. The federal government su
(a)lyss(a)
I received a copy of this ebook from Onlinebookclub.org in exchange for an honest review.

The advice in this book admittedly made me wary. While the author talks about embracing a poor credit score, or even not having a credit score, that kind of thing can stick with you for a long time and make large purchases like houses or cars impossible. There is also a lot of plugging of the authors website, which makes me wonder if that was the point of the book.

There is a list of common mistakes debt-coll
Myra Ball
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Find the Loopholes Around Debt Collection

Debt Cleanse is well written and organized by debt type. Jorge Newbery was a successful real estate developer that owned several complexes but lost it all from a natural disaster. He refused to file for bankruptcy and was able to discover several loopholes that allowed him to get out of millions in debt. The book list many loopholes and tricks for reducing numerous types of debt. I was impressed by how comprehensive the book was and easy to read.
Rita	 Marie
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-nonfiction
The premise of "Debt Cleanse" is that people often become overburdened with debt simply through ordinary living. They want to attend college, have a car to drive to work, or own a home. These perfectly reasonable desires generate student loans, vehicle loans, and mortgages. Or someone may become seriously ill and face enormous medical bills. Income inequality exacerbates the problem. Author Jorge P. Newberry takes a firm stand against predatory lending. Full text of my review is HERE
Christian Chiakulas
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super informative, packed with great information that you can use to settle most of the debts weighting you down. I estimate the techniques advocated within will work for the vast majority of debtors and debts, although not 100% of the time (unfortunately, as Newbery reminds us, there is no magic bullet).

The book is well-written and explained in such a way that even finance novices can understand. If you can't afford your debts, this book is well worth the price of admission.
Alesia Kempe
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A must read for anyone with any debt at all

I was already a Newbery fan but this book is very different from his memoir , Burn Zones. This is all practical financial advise. Though I’m not having debt problems I believe it’s possible for anybody to find themselves in a bind. After reading this book I feel confident I can handle it if these things happen to me. I think the book will also help me make better decisions going forward and guiding my children as they become adults.
Char Davis
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book breaks it all down for you .How to clean up your debt.Debt hits all of us unless your rich.But as a average working stiff it can cause you severe stresss.This book will help you see how to get back to your normal credit and hopefully teach you enough to avoid pitfalls in the future.

Pat Eroh
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my biggest problems when dealing with debt was stress. This book offers a unique way to look at debt and just get past the emotions. I highly recommend this book.

Janet
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful resource for anyone wanting to either get out of debt or learn how to manage debt, finances, credit cards, etc. I really enjoyed this book and found some amazing tips and advice on managing my finances! Highly recommend!
Calandra
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jorge Newberry does an amazing job explaining how to get rid of debt. This book was easy to follow and read. I have recommended highly to everyone I know that are avid nonfiction readers. I wish this book would have been around when I was younger because it could have been very beneficial.
Cristie Underwood
Honest and in-depth advice for reaching your full potential. This advice is presented in easy to follow language that can be broken up and applied in pieces at a time.
Heather Bennett
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debt Cleanse is a interesting and informative book. There is a lot of good advice and it is easy to read and well written.
Maynerd
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
review to come
Amanda Edwards
This book was a great tool to help me save money and get rid of my current debt. I’d recommend it to anyone needing some guidance.
TShelby
Jan 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
here is a summary of content. boy buys 6million of stuff he can't afford, boy doesn't want to pay back, boy stops paying creditors and then sues "for pennies on dollar". the end. you're welcome.
Marie Daley
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Well written, well researched, chocked full of leg as l forms, etc. No doubt a legitimate way to get out of debt. I don't feel its ethical however to weasel your way out of debt you put yourself in.
Jenn
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-won
I won a copy of this book.

Jorge Newberry does an awesome job of explaining how to get rid of your debt. His book is easy to follow and read. He's put not only form letters, but step-by-step instructions on how to get your creditors to stop coming after you, AND has a website you can sign up for to try to deal with your debt. Be prepared, however, that this will probably ruin your credit. If your credit is already ruined, good news awaits you!

I'm torn on this book because I have personal experien
Goodreads Librari...: add cover please 1 16 Feb 27, 2016 11:29AM

• When She Returned
  • A Murder in Hope's Crossing: Witch's Kitchen Book 1
  • Credence
  • Finding Him (Covet, #2)
  • Hurting You (Blackthorn Elite #3)
  • Stealing Miss Brooks
  • Low-Calorie Meal Prep Cookbook: 75 Recipes to Simplify Your Meals
  • Gabriel's Promise (Gabriel's Inferno, #4)
  • The Panty Whisperer (The Panty Whisperer, #1)
  • Cocky Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #1)
  • The Long Call (Two Rivers, #1)
  • Filthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #3)
  • The Man She Married
  • Keeper
  • Beach Read
  • Beloved (Salvation, #1; The Belonging Duet, #1)
  • Obsession
Jorge P. Newbery is a successful entrepreneur, distressed debt and real estate investor, endurance athlete, and author. He turned around some of the country's most troubled housing complexes in amassing a portfolio of 4,000 apartments across the USA from 1992 - 2005. However, a natural disaster triggered a financial collapse in which he lost everything and emerged over $26 million in debt. He neve ...more

News & Interviews