Start by marking “Obsidian Fate (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #20)” as Want to Read:
Obsidian Fate (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #20)

Obsidian Fate (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3 #20)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  1,111 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
On the outskirts of Sunnydale, recent rains have uncovered the remains of a five hundred-year-old Spanish expedition. But one of the artifacts, a smoky mirror with an ornately carved obsidian frame, goes missing, along with the history teacher who found it. And when Buffy narrowly escapes the attack of a black jaguar while on patrol, Giles puts the gang into research mode. ...more
Published September 1st 1999 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Obsidian Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Obsidian Fate

Jim C
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it
My actual rating is 2.5 stars.

This is a book based on the television series. This takes place during season three. In this one an Aztec artifact is discovered and if we know the history of Sunnydale this leads to evil.

This was a middle of the road Buffy book. The author definitely watched the show as she nailed the characters perfectly as well as each character's situation as it relates to the show's timeline. I liked the research the author did with the Aztec history and this aspect added depth
Katrin
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
I realize that this book is not intended to win a literary prize, it is there just to entertain teenagers, I presume, but still I could not shake off the feeling of being robbed of time, haha. There is a big difference between fantasy and unreality and here I see more of the latter than the first. Buffy is a vampire slayer, but we learn nothing of vampires. Angel's history is only hinted at, there is a vampire leader, but the rest obviously does not concern us. Buffy anyway kills them like fodde ...more
Dharia Scarab
Jul 25, 2016 rated it liked it

4 sta
Alexa
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Obsidian Fate is an exciting and fast-paced entry into the Buffy the Vampire Slayer novels. The Mesoamerican mythology aspect was very interesting and a subject that fit the Buffy series perfectly. Also, I loved that Mayor Wilkins and Mr. Trick from season three were included in the plot since they are two of the most memorable villians from the television series. What made this book so interesting was the team up of the the magic mirror, the jaguar acting as an Aztec god, and the vampires of Su ...more
Emma
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
As with many books written to fit into a TV series, this one is not to be taken seriously. Better than some of the others I've read there were still a couple of times when the character dialogue didn't sound quite right to me, but I've read worse. The story-line was fairly standard but had more depth than others and, at the end of the day, it was entertaining for the short time it took me to read it.
Michel McDonald
Jun 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this in late December 2006 and I don't know if it was my ADD kicking in but I had a lot of trouble reading it. It was a very good storyline for Buffy, one I would love to have seen an episode of but kinda hard to keep my attention. I did love it though so I'm not knocking it.
Randy
Nov 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Not the best buffy book, not the worst. Decent read, and an original idea for the buffyverse. Takes place during season 3....Mayor and Mr. Trick are around, no faith. To sum it up this book is Buffy meets Aztec Rituals!
Ceejay
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel is another excellent Buffy adventure. This story centers on the discovery of Aztec relics, and the apparent appearance of a jaguar in Sunnydale. The whole gang appears in this story. It is well wrtitten, exciting, and a great read! Miss Buffy? Read the novels!
i was craving some buffy n this did the trick but i must say it isnt one of my fav buffys but not the worst either.i would just save it to read after the better ones. i do t no y but i felt the end lag a bit. but it still did its job n i felt buffy satisfitw!!
SweetSweeede
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-french
Read this book many years ago, and in French, so I'm not entirely sure I got the whole book right, but it was interesting enough to make me finish it. In French. Which is not my first, nor second, language, I might add.
Kristin
Aug 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Fluffy, fast read.
Nikki
Mar 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
Phew, I made it. Certainly not my favorite book in the Buffyverse. Bit of a challenge to finish it.
Lauren
Jun 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
The author actually had Giles say "whatever". I know these novelizations aren't supposed to be fine literature but come on. Oz also spoke WAY too much. Did she even watch Buffy?
Thetravelingpanda
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
This series keeps deceiving me... Worst than any other Buffy books...
X_stephen_x
Jan 13, 2012 rated it liked it
The author has a great grip on the characters and writes well, but I didnt find the plot all that interesting
Gabriel Mero
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another great Buffy book.
Sharon
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Again, read a long time ago
Lynda
May 10, 2009 rated it liked it
For some reason, I had a hard time getting into this book. I kept reading a couple pages and then putting it down. When I finished the book I liked it, but the first half of the book didn't grab me.
Amy
Elizabeth
Oct 24, 2014
Michael
Aug 04, 2012
  • Child of the Hunt (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #3)
  • Resurrecting Ravana (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #13)
  • Revenant (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #11)
  • Deep Water (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #21)
  • Return to Chaos (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #17)
  • The Evil That Men Do (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #6)
  • Here Be Monsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #22)
  • Ghoul Trouble (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #4)
  • Power of Persuasion (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #12)
  • Chaos Bleeds (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #7)
  • Little Things (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #4)
  • Paleo (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #5)
  • The Burning (Unseen Trilogy, #1)
Diana G. Gallagher is an American author who writes books for children and young adults based on television series. She has contributed to book series based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Charmed, among others.

Born in 1946, in Paterson, New Jersey, she now lives in Florida with her husband, the writer Martin Burke. She sometimes also writes under the name Diana Burke.

Ga
More about Diana G. Gallagher...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3 (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Sins of the Father (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #1)
  • Blooded (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #2)
  • Child of the Hunt (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #3)
  • Ghoul Trouble (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #4)
  • Paleo (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #5)
  • The Evil That Men Do (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #6)
  • The Deathless (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #7)
  • Doomsday Deck (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #8)
  • Immortal (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #9)
  • Prime Evil (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #10)

“Xander Harris: "Just when you think you know a guy he robs a mass grave and takes off.” 11 likes