Start by marking “Shelter for Elizabeth (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #5)” as Want to Read:
Shelter for Elizabeth (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #5)

Shelter for Elizabeth

(Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #5)

Elizabeth Parkins lived through a nightmare come true—getting kidnapped by a serial killer. Seeking a fresh start, she moves to Texas, but escaping her demons proves impossible when she’s too terrified to leave her own apartment. A small, accidental fire sparks a coping method she’d never expected, and brings an amazing man to her door.

Firefighter Cade “Sledge” Turner’s i
Published May 17th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Shelter for Elizabeth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shelter for Elizabeth

♡Tonya♡
I adore this author. Susan Stoker gives you alpha. She gives you wonderful h's that you can't help but root for. She gives you an actual story outside of the romance that makes the couple stronger in the end. This story was even a little steamier which i loved.I adored Cade and Beth. Beth had some major issues because of a horrible situation we read about in Saving Summer. She uproots and moves to San Antonio where she is striving to cope with agoraphobia. She accidentally starts a fire and has ...more
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
This book will always be special to me because Beth struggles with agoraphobia. It felt very personal for me! Full review will be on The Book Disciple
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Shelter for Elizabeth was a satisfying read. Who doesn’t like a sexy firefighter hero! Just look at that cover. Yummy!

Ok, So as I mentioned in my previous review for Justice for Corrie I’ve had Ms. Stoker on my blog and ever time I would tell myself I’m going to try her books. Just reading the blurbs and looking at the covers gets me intrigued in what she’s written. For those that don’t know me CR is not my normal go to genre, but I do like to give it a try now and then.

Here we have Beth who str
Debbie DiFiore
Coco.V
May 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/26/2019)! 🎁
Brenda
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This new release from Susan Stoker is, like her previous books in this series, a wonderful, well written story. Cade and Beth are well developed characters that instantly captivate the readers interest. Avid readers of Ms. Stoker will know Beth from her SEAL of Protection series, "Protecting Summer". I was glad to see this book, since I have wondered what happened to Elizabeth after her kidnapping and torture in that book. All we knew then was she was rescued and turned over for medical treatmen ...more
2OCC Reviews
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kerry
What a truly inspiring read!!

We met Elizabeth Parkins enduring the worst moment in her life in Protecting Summer(Seal Of Protection#4).. This book is dealing with the aftermath of it..

Elizabeth, wow I'm in awe of how amazing she was, Yes she was dealing with the aftermath of the Kidnapping, She is struggling in some aspects, but what makes her truly amazing is how she deals with everything else.. She meets Cade, through her friend Penelope, who is Cade's sister.

Cade is so patient and so caring,
Megan Fall
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abuse, alpha-male
Another great read from this author. It was great to see Beth get a happy ending!
BookSnuggle
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yes
Shelves: romance
"Shelter for Elizabeth” by Susan Stoker is book number five in the “Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes” series. This is Elizabeth “Beth” Parkins and Cade “Sledge” Turner’s story.

Beth survived from being kidnapped and tortured. She decides to move to Texas to get a fresh start and hopefully her fears will go away. Beth’s fears have not gone away. She suffers from Agoraphobia. Sometimes leaving her home or just thinking about leaving her home will set off a severe panic attack.

Cade is a firefighter and
Yesenia Gonzalez
My heart broke for Elizabeth
We met Elizabeth in protecting summer when they were kidnapped by a psycho but Elizabeth was tortured and raped she was lucky enough to make it out alive. What she went through gave her nightmares so moving to Texas for a fresh start is what she needed. She is not afraid to go outside with fear of getting kidnapped again so she rather spends her time at home with her computer. She ended up trying to make one of her mother's recipes but caused a small fire and firefigh
Tracey
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Elizabeth Parkins has been through hell, and, although she carries the scars with her, she's doing what she can to reclaim her life. For Cade Turner, firefighter and white knight, coming to the rescue and saving lives is who he is. When he meets Beth, his protective instincts come out full force, and he'll do anything to make sure she feels safe.

At the heart of it, I like Susan Stoker's books, but, man, she puts her characters through the ringer! In SHELTER FOR ELIZABETH, Susan tackles the very
Wendy Hodges
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story it was nice to find out what happened to Beth after Her and Summer were rescued, she left where she was living and moved to another State. The trauma though has left her with some serious and lasting problems, even though she is in therapy she is stuck in her apartment. I really felt sorry for her, she is a fighter and feisty very strong willed so this is pulling her down and she is unhappy and a bit lonely. With help from Penelope and then Cade she is trying so hard ...more
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
What a great book. I have a particular fascination with characters who have any type of 'flaws.' Though we all have flaws, they're normal, Beth suffers from a debilitating case of agoraphobia. After suffering at the hands of a complete psycho, years later Beth has been forever changed. The poor thing can't even go out in public without a trusted friend holding their hand the whole time.

Crash, our hero, it literally smitten with Beth from the first moment. While there is an insta-love sort of fe
Elizabeth Neal
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you've read the SEAL of Protection series by Susan than you're familiar with Elizabeth's role in Protecting Summer, book four. In this book, we're reunited with her. If you haven't read that series, I recommend it as it will give you more of Beth's story prior to her move to Texas.

Three years ago, Elizabeth, Beth, was in the wrong place at the wrong time, resulting in tragedy and it's left scars on her in more ways than one. However, she is talking with a support group and has made a best fri
Kimberly
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth has been through hell-and has the scars to prove it. While she has recovered physically, mentally she is still trapped…only this time it is agoraphobia that has taken her hostage. After all-it is difficult to be kidnapped if one never leaves the house, right? One day she accidentally starts a small kitchen fire, and just like that—her life is changed forever….again.

Cade Turner has dedicated his life to putting out fires, and when he responds to Elizabeth’s incident he may have put out
Miss Bee
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, book-battle-2016
Another Susan Stoker book, another all night read. Shelter For Elizabeth is the latest installment in the Badge of Honor : Texas Heroes series. Cade Turner, a firefighter, met Beth Perkins after a small fire accident in Beth's apartment. She's been kidnapped in the past and now has agoraphobia. Beth fears of being kidnapped again if she tries to be out in the open outside the confines of her apartment.

No doubt, there's instant attraction between Cade and Beth. Cade's sister turns out to be a cl
Brenda
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Honestly, this would have been one of the best Stoker stories hands down except for one major major mistake - and I have to say it - Shame on you Susan!

Good stuff first...well, it's a Susan Stoker story! I just love how it ties into Protecting Summer. Too often there's another character readers relate to that just fades into the sunset and we're left wondering what happened...in this case we find out that it isn't always sunshine after the rescue by the big bad alpha-male. The trauma usually co
Niki Driscoll
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
What an amazing story. Ms. Stoker has a way with words and through her writing you will be drawn into this emotional tale right from the start. Beth is one of the toughest characters I have seen, even struggling to put her life back together she has found a purpose to keep her getting up in the morning. Cade is a great character, I wish there were more of this type of man in the real world. He has the ability to see past her issues and see the real woman that she protects from the world. Cade is ...more
Siân
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I recieved an ARC from the author herself in exchange for an honest review.

Firstly, I'd like to say that I am quite biased about any of Susan's books. I have loved every one of them, though her SEAL's will always have a special place in my heart.

Shelter for Elizabeth was, no, IS an outstanding book. I have been waiting impatiently to read Elizabeth's story who we first meet in Susan's SEAL of Protection series.

She was, unfortunately, kidnapped, raped and tortured by a sicko that really had no
Melissa
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a story! I really liked Cade from his appearances in Protecting the Future and the Texas Justice series and I am so much more in love with the character now! When we first met Cade, we saw the determined man fighting to be heard and help get his sister home, and now we truly see how amazing, protecting and loving he can be. Granted, part way through, I wanted to slap him, but I that is what makes him feel like such an amazing character is that you can feel his humanity. And he gets it right ...more
Candace
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Accidential Firestarter and The Fireman!
Elizabeth "Beth" Parkins has been thru hell and back. Years after being kidnapped and tortured she is coping, but has become agorophobic. She has issues with crowds, and can't go outside by herself. An attepmt to cook her mothers fried chicken reciept, she unwittingly starts a fire. Something clicks inside her and the flames seem to have her mesmerised.
Cade Turner is a fireman, who is called to a apt. fire. There he sees Beth and instantly knows (you k
Starla
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I am once again in awe of the characters Susan Stoker has shared in this book. Elizabeth moved to Texas after an event that could have been the end of her life. She is terrified of being outside and a million other things that the rest of us take for granted. She meets Cade when she has an accidental kitchen fire at her apartment. They seem to connect immediately.
I really felt for Elizabeth and how her fears kept her from getting out and being involved with other people. It was difficult reading
Lia
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf
The first half of this book was great. I was really into it. I love Cade's character and although he seem pushy to have sex at times, I still like him for his other qualities. Then it seems as if sex is the end goal. I'm surprised that Stoker didn't make this a more heavy book because I was hoping that we could've read about Elizabeth's struggle with not only her phobia but also overcoming the day that she was kidnapped.

Ever since Summer's book, I couldn't wait for Elizabeth's story. However, I
Darcy
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2016, e-book
I didn't realize that the woman from this book was in Protecting Summer and what the connection was, but when Beth's past was explained it all came back. I hated how that one event changed Beth's life, made her afraid to leave her house. I loved that Cade was ok with how Beth was, altered his behaviors to deal with her issues, giving Beth a safe place. I knew Beth's new way of coping with things would cause issues and sure enough things went about how I thought they would. While I hated the figh ...more
Susan Morgan
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As usual another great book in this series 5 Stars!

As usual with author this is a well written book with a great concept and characters. The story draws you in and you can't put the book down until your done with the book.

This author writes consistently great books every time she writes. If you want to read a good book pick one of hers up you won't be sorry I know I haven't been.

Kim  Brewing
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Man I love the characters Susan writes. She manages to make us see the positive in all things. In this case our h, Beth is suffering from agoraphobia brought on by a traumatic event in a previous story (Protecting Summer). We get to see what the struggle is like, the way it effects friends and family too. Cade was the perfect book boyfriend. Loving and Alpha and not afraid to show his sensitive side.
Beth Cotter
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a great story. The way it wove Beth's insecurities with Cade's strength to keep everything moving. It was so human when he jumped to his conclusions of Beth's obsession. Loved how his teammates and friends excepted Beth's limitations without focusing on them. Her fight to help herself while knowing that Cade was her safe place when she needed it. Thanks Susan for the chance to read this arc
Iliana
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another hit for Susan Stoker

Another great story from Susan Stoker, full of love, hope, humor and sexiness. If you know Susan's work, you know what to expect from this story. If you had never read a book from Ms. Stoker you are in for a treat. Her stories are of characters full of compassion and understanding, that will fight for the person they love. Thank you for another great read
Patty Campagna
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Mix

I have mix feeling about this book. At first I wasn't sure if I could read this one. Beth's story is just not one I thought I would be able to relate too. but I found overall I liked her. My issue with the story was the fire starting. I didn't get it. I know the book need Conflict but I think it could have come from a different way. It's a good book.
TiJay
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love Susan Stoker

I love this author. She is one of my favorite romance writers. I am enjoying this errors and definitely liked this story. I thought she treated Beth's issues very sensitively but they didn't detract from the story. I can't wait for Hayden.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Michaela (Hearts on Fire, #2)
  • Bond of Love (Letters From Home, #3)
  • Wolf from the Past (Salvation Pack, #4)
  • A Little Bit Closer (The Southerlands, #5)
  • Almost Real
  • Siren Reborn (Texas Sirens, #8)
  • Zachary & Monroe (Club El Diablo #5; Angel's Doms #1)
  • Tempting Fate (Colorado High Country, #4)
  • Falling for the Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #1.5)
  • Aftershocks (Six-Alarm Sexy, #0.5)
  • Saving Arianna (Dot Com Wolves 2)
  • Submission is Not Enough (Masters and Mercenaries, #12)
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Johnny (The Connelly Cousins #2)
  • Because You Love Me (Just Because, #2)
  • Divine Phoenix (Divine Creek Ranch, #10)

New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Tennessee where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, Indiana, and Tennessee. She's married to a retired Army man who now gets t

Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Justice for Mackenzie (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #1)
  • Justice for Mickie (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #2)
  • Justice for Corrie (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #3)
  • Justice for Laine (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #4)
  • Justice for Boone (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #6)
  • Shelter for Adeline (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #7)
  • Shelter for Sophie (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #8)
  • Justice for Erin (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #9)
  • Justice for Milena (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #10)
  • Shelter for Blythe (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #11)