Start by marking “Trouble Magnet (Eliza Carlisle Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trouble Magnet (Eliza Carlisle Mystery, #1)

Trouble Magnet

(Eliza Carlisle Mystery #1)

Eliza Carlisle has the unwanted talent of attracting trouble, in all its forms. That couldn’t be truer than when she moves into the most bizarre apartment building on the planet. Weekly required dinners with the landlord and assigned chores are bad enough, but the rules don’t end there. Top most on the list of requirements is NO physical violence against the others residen ...more
Published March 11th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Trouble Magnet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble Magnet

Start your review of Trouble Magnet (Eliza Carlisle Mystery, #1)
Cheryl
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a 3.5 star read of a novel length cozy with extra bite!
A. Powers
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Will Smith might have spoiled this book for me...
I really, really enjoyed reading this book. I loved Eliza and all of the other main characters, though I did find that Eliza and Greenly from “A Crazy Girl’s Handbook seemed to be the same character with a few minor differences... but I loved Greenly too, so it’s all good in terms of characters. I loved the way that the mystery played out with the connection between all of the characters linked to the murder... but certain parts of the “mystery”
Mylissa Demeyere
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.
Let me say that I love all books by DelSheree Gladden. She is one of the few authors I know who can write in the many genres she does, and each time produce a compelling, captivating read that has me turning page after page at top speed trying to soak it all in. Her books are utter bliss, and this one is one again a great hit.
Eliza is a bit of a disaster. She is prone to all types of bad luck, and moves into her sister’s crazy ap
booknerd_dork
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, beta-read
The tile totally suits our main lead Eliza Carlisle. She don't cause them, but all the trouble seems to find her. Which is hilarious but the situation she finds herself in when she moves in the flat where her sister lived has her life in danger.
And poor Baxter has to keep her out of trouble which seems to be in vain. I love him!!! He is grouchy but cute! Am really excited to how their relationship grows or would they always be fighting! Lol! But I love that about them very much.
The mystery and
Jennifer K.
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Realistic yet funny

If you like a quick and quirky cozy mystery that has a more realistic touch than most this is the book for you. The heroine is a young girl trying to work past her past and start a new and better one. Unfortunately for her she moves into a quirky building in New York City and through no fault of her own gets pulled into a murder mystery. This girl doesn’t try to solve the crimes because she feels she’s smarter or braver than the place she just wants to get herself off the list
Sandie
Take one often opinionated, overbearing male lawyer, add an unsuspecting and somewhat stubborn female culinary student with a need for anonymity and a predilection for attracting mayhem, place this duo (along with others) as tenants in a building with a lease containing an outlandish assortment of personal requirements and rules, throw in a couple of “hot” guys, a cop with attitude, and a killer looking for something that makes murder a viable option and you have the basic ingredients of DelSher ...more
Dallass
Interesting first book

I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this book when I first started reading it. Baxter was a powder keg of anger, and Eliza was confused, shocked and pissed about her new life in what seems to be a very kooky building.

Yes, there were problems with the characters and I had issues with other aspects, but once the murder mystery aspect kicked in, especially with Officer Williams, the I became hooked and devoured the book. Will definitely be picking up the next book.

3 stars ⭐️
Joetta Spurling
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I'm an independent reviewer for Romance Authors That Rock.. this is the first book in this series... And what a start.. it's has twist and turns.. never would of guessed who the killer was... Everything Elizabeth really did attract trouble... Loved how Baxter took care of her... even from the start of the book... He took her under his wing from the beginning of the book... I will be reading the rest of the series...
Angela - findmebehindabook
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know it is going to be a good book, when you get hooked in from the very first couple of pages. This is my first book written by DelSheree. She does a great job introducing you to her characters and developing the storyline in a clear manner. I love Eliza and Baxter. Eliza is strong and independent character that you will truly stand behind and support. (I am team Baxter all the way.) I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
Tonia  Clifton
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captured

Once I started this book it did not release me until I finished it a few hours later. Such a thrilling storyline that kept me glued to my screen until I got through it. I slowly figured out bits on my own but that did not take away from the story at all. I live this book and will be continuing the series.
Jodi Bennett
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun book to read. Eliza sure can get into a lot of trouble without even trying. There is a great mystery and some laugh out loud moments. I really like the apartment building with all the crazy characters living there. I am interested to see what happens next and lucky me I don't have to wait!
Rebecca
Solid 3 I think

I can't give a good reason for not rating it higher. Just my overall gut feeling. I've been having some bad days and I'm moody, so it's possible the book was at a bit of a disadvantage. I needed more distraction than it provided.
Donald Weaver
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun little mystery

I would definitely recommend this book as a quick read. Interesting plot and characters. Enough to keep you ingredients to the end.
Marcia-Lee Finocchio
What a fantastic story, first book I am reading by this Author.. couldn’t put
This down. Great storyline, awesome characters and very entertaining!
Sandra Burns
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Eliza does not ask for trouble, it finds her. She always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Sherry McWilliams
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun and interesting story. I loved Eliza and some of the other characters. Couldn't put it down until I had finished it.
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B01CAS0XQ0
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley
Rating: 4.75 Stars

I received a copy of "Trouble Magnet" from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

Description from the publisher:

Eliza Carlisle has the unwanted talent of at
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I love mysteries, especially cozies (which I think this book fits into that category) and this one was fun and kept me laughing at the quirkiness of the characters and just the whole setting. I loved the concept of the building and that each resident has a job to do to save on a maintenance man...but Eliza doesn't know this when she agrees to take over her sister's lease. I won't reveal what her job was and her experience with doing that job, but it was quite humorous!

There is a somewhat limited
Bookgyrl
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, love-hate
I quite enjoyed this first in a new series! This is my first book by this author and I want to know when the next is available.

Eliza is a 23 and - after something major happened 5 years ago - is finally ready to start culinary school and be more outgoing. She moves into her absent sister's apartment and only then is informed of the extra requirements to stay a tenant in the low-rent building. The next day an elderly neighbor is murdered and somehow Eliza gets involved and starts sleuthing to sav
Susan
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trouble Magnet by DelSheree Gladden is the first book I've read from this author. And it won't be my last! The first book in the Elisa Carlisle Mystery is off to a great start. Fun characters that offer lots of possibilities. Laughs, romance, and mystery will keep you turning the pages. I'm looking forward to more of Eliza's life in her crazy apartment building!

*ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
Michelle
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rar
Fun read. The characters were well developed and the plot was interesting. Eliza is a trouble magnet but in a very endearing way. She is awkward and brave, an odd combination but very appealing. Baxter is a crazy riddle I'd love to unravel...

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.
Anima
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
Purchased on a whim and loved it! Crazy characters, lots of laughs, tense moments and plenty of hot guys. The story was exciting and interesting with plenty of subtle clues to help you solve the case. Really need more of Baxter.
Jody Joy
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

If you like suspense drama action humor this is the book you want to read. It was a wonderful book. I am not giving away any spoilers just read it, you won't be sorry that you did.
DelSheree
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I had so much fun writing this book and I can't wait to share it :) Hopefully all my readers enjoy it and have a good laugh at Eliza's expense!
Nikki J
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!! Poor Eliza from the frying pan into the fire frown emoticon I can't wait to read the next book!!!
Clara Hudson
Feb 16, 2019
therese koot
Nov 05, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Death in the Park (Firefly Junction Mystery #1)
  • A Deadly Delivery (A Psychic Cafe Mystery, #1)
  • Baking is Murder (Bee's Bakehouse Mysteries, #1)
  • Happiness is a Smoking Gun (Clarissa Spencer Cozy Mystery #1)
  • A Devilish Punishment (Devil Springs Cozy Mysteries, #1)
  • Witch You Wouldn't Believe (A Lemon Tea Cozy Mystery #1)
  • He Said, She Said: "Murder" (He said, She said Detective Series Book 1)
  • Is Murder By Candlestick Still A Thing? (Diva Delaney Mysteries Book 1)
  • Secrets, Spells & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #1)
  • A Set of Sisters: A We Sisters Three Box Set (Books 1-3)
  • Destiny's a Witch (Wicked Good Mystery #1)
  • Rosemary's Gravy (We Sisters Three, #1)
  • Midnight Magic (A Ghost & Abby Mystery, #1)
  • Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse (Charlotte Denver #1)
  • Fit to Be French Fried (Felicia's Food Truck One Hour Cozies Book 1)
  • Scarlet Oaks and the Serial Caller (Scarlets Oaks Book 1)
  • The Long Paw of the Law (Ashley Crane Mystery #1)
  • How to Bake a Murder (Cookie and Cream #1)
DelSheree Gladden lives in New Mexico with her husband and two children. The Southwest is a big influence in her writing because of its culture, beauty, and mythology. Local folk lore is strongly rooted in her writing, particularly ideas of prophecy, destiny, and talents born from natural abilities. When she is not writing, DelSheree is usually reading, painting, sewing, or working as a Dental Hyg ...more