Start by marking “The Lunam Ceremony” as Want to Read:
The Lunam Ceremony

The Lunam Ceremony

(The Lunam Series #1)

Like most eighteen-year-old girls, Kalysia has dreams of going to college and falling in love. Born to a family of pure blood shifters; she must set aside her dreams for the good of the pack. Something this strong-willed free spirit is finding difficult to accept.

After an ancient ritual matches her with the strongest alpha in her pack, she takes her place as leader. Determ
Published April 3rd 2016

Shealea
Before anything else, I received a digital ARC of this book as a part of an online book tour organized by the author and the entities she works with. However, this neither affects my opinion nor the content of my review in any way. Read my entire review for this novel on That Bookshelf Bitch!

Actual rating: 3.5 stars
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This book had me hooked from the first chapter. Going in, I knew nothing about this book, other than it was paranormal. I didn't really know where this book would go which made it fun and the words written in the first chapter did it for me. I was hooked.
Kalysia is an 18 year old human with the ability to turn into a wolf. She knows her life isn't her own as being a pure blood she was born to lead her pack, be a strong leader and make positive changes for the pack members. She did not grow up li
Greta Mimi
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I put off reading this because I hate cliff hangers. This has a huge one! Luckily, book two comes out in a couple of days so my suffering is minimal.

This book has a little bit of everything:
A love triangle. (More like a rectangle)
Sexy shifters of the wolf variety.
Cheating. (grrrrrrr)
Baby making.
Beer making.
Great writing.
Interesting plot.
Entertaining story.

I've recommended this book to my friends...now that book 2 is out. Definitely worth the read if you love PNR. If you don't, this is a great b
Talie Hawkins
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Went into this story not knowing what to expect and I don't read a lot of fantasy, but I LOVED THIS BOOK! Hooked after the first few pages! The world these characters live in was vividly described. I felt pulled in from the start. I'm terrible about giving too much away, so I'll just say this is a fantastic romance with a fantasy element and you'll definitely want to add it to your summer TBR list!
Diana Laura (The Bookish Sisters)
Reading Paranormal Romances has never been my cup of tea. Every time we get a request (at The Bookish Sisters book blog) to review anything Paranormal related I immediately hand it over to my sister. I don't know what it is they've done wrong for me to dislike them, I just can't help but shriek at the mere thought of reading them.
On the other hand, give me the Twilight movies or The Vampire Diaries and I'll be the happiest lad ever. There is definitely something wrong going on with my taste.
That
Bridget
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to start by saying that paranormal romances are not usually my cup of tea. I totally went into this book not knowing how I would feel or if I would even be able to complete it. OMG, I was so completely caught off guard. I was drawn in Chapter 1 and could not put this book down. I flew through the pages and did not want this story to end!!! Just when I thought things were going to go one way, guess again. I loved the constant little "surprises" and lets just say that the HOT shifters weren ...more
J.B. Trepagnier
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't read a lot of NA and have only recently started reading paranormal romance to find out they are, indeed a lot of fun.

This book focuses on Kalysia, a pureblood alpha female in a wolf pack. She was raised away from her pack and other wolves and only meets them when she is 18, at the Luman ceremony, when she will make her first change and meet her mate.

What I liked about this book is that there is a lot of world building going on. While we don't see much about what goes on while Kalaysia is
M.L. Stoughton
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Lunam Ceremony is different from other shapeshifter books I've read. Nicole Loufas did such a great job with the worldbuilding that this story seemed real to me. (I totally want to see if I can find their camp in the Sierra Mountains.) I enjoyed the twists and turns that had me questioning everyone's motives and loyalty. I'm looking forward to reading the second book in the series!
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is an incredibly well written paranormal romance that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time needing to know what was going to happen next and I loved this! This story brings whole new meaning to the words it’s complicated. I can’t remember the last time I read a book where reading about what the characters are going through made me feel so many differing feelings all at once. It’s usually these types of stories that really stick with me in the long run. Kalysia is turning eighteen a ...more
Lucy
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great shifter book. but it is an AMAZING story. The first book in this series and from what I can tell, the author's first paranormal/fantasy book. She does a great job with laying out the story. The information was weaved in so it didn't feel like it was being forced onto the reader.
You don't have to like fantasy to read this book, the story is exceptional.

Kalysia is the heir to her pack, in order to rule she must have a male partner that she will match with at The Lunam Ceremony. She
Nicola
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read on behalf of book lovers review.

Corrine Pickering
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

The Lunam Ceremony - Nicole Loufas

### 5 Hashtags ###

I completely and utterly love this book, such an easy 5 stars - what great shifter book !

Kalysia has been raised outside the wolf community, her Mum, Lalya, has done this to make her more independent. Kalysia is a pure blood and the last in her line, she is needed to continue the bloodline and the strength of the pack.

At the Lunam Ceremony she connects with Dillon and their bond is beautiful, but is he really the one for her ? is their connec
Katherine Paschal
This will be short and to the point because I am not a fan of being negative. I was so excited for a new werewolf book to read. I did not enjoy this book. It started out fine, with a girl anticipating her new role in the werewolf pack and starting her new life...but it went downhill about 60 pages into the book. The main character was so extremely wishy-washy, loving one man and then instantly loving another and then back again. Also, she has an idea she fully supports (which was a horrible idea ...more
Camilla Dowd
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't read a lot of urban fantasy. Not since my Twilight phase. But this shifter book isn't really a book about wolves. It's a great romance with a little bit of fantasy thrown in. The beginning is like most paranormal/fantasy books with some world building, but it isn't just dumped on the reader, it's paced nicely. About a 1/3 of the way into the book I was sold. The connection between the characters was written very well and its believable. Great job. I will definitely read the next book.
Romaine Heart
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Lunam Ceremony just blew me out of the water. The author takes us on an adventure into the world of wolf shifters that will send you on a roller coaster ride of emotions as it weaves a web with so many twists and turns of suspense and drama that makes this action packed story so incredible!
When a pure bloodline wolf shifter reaches their eighteenth birthday, they attend the Altum Lunam Ceremony to find their true mate. Upon doing so, they will start a new branch with their own pack.
The Sier
Ashlee  Turf *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
In this story, the wolves are strong and powerful, their main goals are to be matched together with others of their kind to breed to make sure they keep their bloodlines going. Kalysia is a purebred matched with an equal, their story as a couple is complicated but you wouldn’t want me to spoil it. Things get a little complicated with a friend that Kalysia made at Lunam and you can read about that hot mess in the book, trust me I don’t want to be the one to break it to you.

While a little confusi
Ginger Snaps
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the minute I started reading this book, I was pulled into the story and couldn't put it down even though I was trading sleep for reading. The lore of the wolf shifters and the dynamics of the packs are fascinating, as you see things through the eyes of Kalysia, the alpha female who was raised away from the pack and suddenly mated and thrown into the role of alpha of her own pack. Due to her lack of knowledge of pack rules, she makes choices that cause consequences she's not sure she can liv ...more
Jessica Jackson
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first read by Nicole Loufas and I couldn't put it down. I was hooked from the beginning. I love the storyline and the characters (well most of them 😉). I would definitely recommend this book and I cant wait to see where the story leads!
Janeka Caris
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another entertaining story from this author. This one is a bit different genre, but the story was good. Lots of twists and exciting moments. I'm excited to read the next one.
Samantha   Vickery
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read. I loved the characters. I loved the girl using her brain and lifes realities to handle life itself. Well written. Great story for teens and adults. Cannot wait to read more by Nicole!
Mindy Velasquez
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I first opened this book, I did not know what to expect. Part of me, didn't even want to read it, because I am such a die hard vampire fan, and this wasn't a vampire book. I can not tell you how happy I am I opened it!!!! The lunam ceremony quickly became my favorite read of the summer ! For me, that is a HUGE THING !
The lunam ceremony has everything you crave in a great read. It has love. It has heartbreak. It has fighting. It has everything.
Kaylisa was raised by her mother in the city, kn
Lucinda Fey
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book surprised me. I read very little paranormal or fantasy but this book exceeded my expectations. It is an intriguing story and a great twist. Great read! Highly recommend!
Tina Lynne
Jun 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about The Lunam Ceremony. I am always hesitant to grab shape shifting paranormal books. Some I have read in the past are so cheesy and over the top that I cannot connect and it is not my cup of tea. There are a few authors that hit the nail on the head for me and I stay within their worlds. So branching out was a step and I ended this story curious about what would happen and somewhat unsure of how I felt about what already took place.

To start off, the story was well writte
Lauren Barrows
***Solid 5 Star Read***

I have no clue how I came to find this book or who recommended it but I am starting to think that this book found me! I was so pleasantly surprised by this story that I couldn't put it down. Kalysia is a young girl who is also a wolf. She was not raised with the pack because her mother, Layla took her away when she was a baby. So pack politics is not something that Kalysia understands or really cares about. Enter Lunam and Dillon.....
Lunam is this mysterious awakening wher
Denise
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend this book!! I had the biggest book hangover after staying up all night to read it. I love the way the book flowed from chapter 1.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is one of those reviews that I struggle writing. It is also one where I feel the need to emphasise that 3-stars is NOT a bad rating! I enjoyed this book, it just didn't blow me out of the water like it has for some. Let me explain...

Kalysia is preparing to have her Lunam Ceremony, after being brought up by her mother out of Pack life. Although Kalysia knew from an early age just who she is, she also knows next to nothing about what being part of a Pack entails. Her mother tells her that Kal
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is about a young woman who knows that she is the child of an “original” shifter. When she is 18 she and her mother leave the only home Kalysia has known to attend the Lunam Ceremony. Once she arrives, she meets her father and discovers the truth. She in fact will be the female head of the new pack. She will also find out who she will be with for the rest of her life. Once the ceremony has happened, the new pack moves to their camp and start their business. Kalysia has been mated to Dil ...more
Crystal
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

Karen Harper
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
It took me a while to get into this book, but once I was about 50% through I was loving it. I love the paranormal genre. Authors create worlds that we can’t even imagine, and even though I know they aren’t real, I love them. I think it takes a special writer to create these worlds.
I think the reason I wasn’t immediately invested in this book was because the beginning was full of details as this world was created. I wanted to get into the story.
Carlene Amabel
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I feel like I owe this book a review. After reading the other reviews I realized everything I wanted to say has been said.

I don't normally read PNR
I loved the twist
I hate cliff hangers
Yay, there is a book two

Aside from the obvi I will say that this book entertained the hell out of me. (see book two)
« previous 1 3 next »

• Run (NOLA Zombie, #1)
  • Paper Dolls (Dolls, #1)
  • Stained
  • Untitled (Away, #2)
  • Gravity
  • Crossing Over (Camp Rolling Hills, #2)
  • The Quarter Change
  • Key Keeper (Tarragon, #1)
  • Mystery of the Disappearing Dolphin
  • Mercy, A Gargoyle Story
  • Rebecca Tree
  • Borrowed Heart (Evie Sanders, #1)
  • The Paths We Choose (Lillac Town #2)
  • The Ascension of Laney (Ascent Series, #1)
  • The Weeping
  • Hollowed (Half Light Saga, #1)
  • The Private Sector
  • Love at 11
Nicole was born and raised in California. She claims to be a San Francisco native, however she's lived in both Northern and Southern California. She credits her creativity to the fact that she attended 12 schools between kindergarten and her senior year in high school. Her nomadic childhood allowed her to reinvent herself often. Some might call her a liar. While others see the stories she told as ...more

The Lunam Series (3 books)
  • The Lunam Deception
  • The Lunam Legacy
“You’ve never really been in love until you’ve plotted somebody’s murder.” 0 likes