Start by marking “Hannah's Story: A Second Chance” as Want to Read:
Hannah's Story: A Second Chance

Hannah's Story: A Second Chance

Looking back one last time at the home that used to hold everything she loved, Hannah Blaine turned back towards the road. Her lucky cowboy boots made impressions in the dirt path with each step. After 15 years with the only man she ever loved, it was time to go back home to Louisville. She hoped heading back to where her life began would help ease the pain from that horri ...more
Published March 27th 2016 by Terra Kelly

To ask other readers questions about Hannah's Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hannah's Story

Christine
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hannah's Story: A Second Chance is realistic, romantic, opposites attract when you least expect it story. A journey of a broken woman who after suddenly losing her husband decides change is needed to find herself. Hanna travels home to Louisville the town she grew up in, not for family as everyone is gone but to heal her soul and try to leave the horrible memories behind. A small suitcase and a guitar are the only possessions she takes, music is her therapy. On Hannah's first day working at dinn ...more
Ana Rita
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG i was waiting for "Hannah's Story: A second chance" for so long that once i get my arc i started to read it right away.
In this book Terra Kelly had changed completely the way she tells her stories and for me it feels like she's only talking to me, it feels more personal, more intimate. This book explores second chances in life, in love, in happiness, it makes us think hard and serious that nothing in life is granted and we need to enjoy everyday as if it was our last.
Can we love again when w
Helen (Blissfully Bookish Besties)
"What if you lost everything you loved."
This is the question you will be asking yourself in this beautifully written and powerful story about love, loss and second chances..

Hannah Blaine returns to her hometown of Louisville, broken and needing to heal after the tragic death of her husband. While there she meets biker Hollis Ackers, a man also marked by the pain of losing someone close to him. Can two lost souls come together, and can Hannah really take a second chance on love.

The way Terra Kell
Blogging For The Love  Of Authors And Their Books
******Kim's Review!*****

I received an ARC for my honest review.

Hannah moves back to her home town after she tragically loses her husband. In her hometown of Louisville she meets a biker Hollis Ackers. There's no love at first sight, in fact Hollis is rude and Hannah avoids him at all costs. Can Hannah open her heart to another man after tragically losing her husband? Can Hollis open up and show his true self?

Hannah's story is both emotional and full of hope, it shows second chances can happen.
Kelly  BookSmacked
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! Hannah's Story was so much more, it was heartache, healing, and love. It was a true romance story at its finest! Hannah leaves her home in search of learning to live again and find herself. As she makes the journey she crosses paths with Hollis.
Will Hollis's bad reputation and attitude ruin Hannah's path to self discovery and healing? Can he drop this bad boy attitude and show her how great they can be?
Denise Toups
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really second chance romances. This romance was jaw dropping good. After losing your love of your life right in front, you have do something. You can melt down and cry, you can stop living or go on living the best way you can. Hannah moves back to her home town. She meets a biker and starts to feel again. Hollis has his own demons he fighting but after meeting Hannah, he finally ready to conquer them. This story was amazing.
Andrea Britton
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of Terra's strongest and best books to date.

Hannah needs to start over again. She ends up in her small hometown with her clothes and guitar. She ends up meeting the rough Hollis Ackers. Some how he rubs her the wrong way until things change. Will Hannah follow her heart or will she stay in the dark.

This is Terras best book to date! Good strong characters and a story line that will have you flipping the pages. Highly recommended. Five big stars!!!
Melissa Parnell
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book so far I have read of Terra Kelly's. It is beautiful and thought provoking. The main character, Hannah, is so strong for the tragedy she endours and I absolutely fell for Hollis. This is story is so heartbreaking, but at the same time hopeful. You will absolutely feel every emotion you read in this book. From the angst to the sweetness, you will not put it down. I can't wait to read more from Terra.
Kaylee Nizza
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC!!!!
This second chance romance book is a great read. Hannah left everything behind for a fresh start snd meets bad boy Hollis. This book is emotional and intense. Terra Kelly wrote the best second second chance story thus far this year. This is a must read!!! I highly recommend reading it.
Penny Leidecker
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Terra Kelly has written another amazing book! I felt so sad at what Hannah has been through! She is one strong woman to be able to go on with her life after losing the love of her life, Luke. When she packs up, her guitar, her lucky cowboy boots, and some clothes are all she takes to return to Louisville, Ky. In Louisville, she meets Hollis Ackers. Hollis is a closed off man, especially since the death of his mom. Hollis and Hannah began to spend time together, but will they be able to open thei ...more
Stephanie
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book tremendously. Hannah's Story captured my attention from Chapter one and I love how Terra Kelly's writing gets better with every book she writes. I absolutely fell in love with Hollis but with any man in my life wanted to strangle and tell him to stop being an ass hahahaha, Hannah pulled on my heart strings but I knew as time went on she would get through the struggles and come out ahead. I almost don't have enough words to express the amount of love I had for this book so I r ...more
Lindsay
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stars: 4.5

I love Hanna. She's so strong and amazing. She over comes her past and heals all the while falling in love with Hollis.
Hollis is a badass and I adore him. He has his own issues that he needs to heal from and in being with Hanna, he finally comes to the conclusion he can be himself.
I loved falling in love with these characters and the songs tied into the story are so beautiful.
I can't wait for Ivy's Dreams!
If you love a good healing story and good music, this book is for you.
Susan Trewick
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I loved this so much! I loved that the H/h are older, (in their 40s not 20s), i also loved that their friendship and love grew over time, there was no insta love. They both overcame loss and grief and emerged the other side together, stonger. You will need some tissues at hand, this book will make you cry! This is the second book of Terra's I've read, I can't wait to read more.

**ARC provided by author for honest review * *
Rhonda Ziglar
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hannah's Story by Terra Kelly...This was a beautifully written story about second chances. Terra knows how to tell a story that you can relate to. This book is full of emotions, happy, sad, heartache and love. I loved seeing the story unfold with Hannah and Hollis. What a journey Terra takes us on in her storytelling, she has became one of my favorite authors of all times. If you are looking for a great book that you don't want to end, pick this one up. I received a complimentary copy of this bo ...more
Victoria
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. It's full of emotion and heartache. Hannah and Hollis are two broken hearted people that lose someone they love. Hannah moves back to her hometown trying to move on meets Hollis. They are both struggling to get past their loss. Will they help each other heal? This is great story of second chances. Terra did an amazing job! This story will not disappoint!
Received advance copy for honest review
Thai Holman
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhh the feelings.

Such a beautiful romantic story. This maybe now my favorite story from terra. Hannah been through so much the lost of her husband. Oh I was emotional. Absolutely loved the characters and that their older. This was a second chance at love story and opposite attract. It was all around beautiful. Definitely a must read. Was just what I needed today.
Barbara
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hannah Blaine decides to go back home to Louisville Kentucky after one to many loses she takes few possessions one of them is her guitar she meets biker Hollis Ackers who has his own loses to overcome. Will these two damaged people be able to move forward after their loses? Very good book with bikers and the trouble they bring to this couple.I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Angie Dokos
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an okay book. There was some repetition that got on my nerves. I never understood why someone in a biker group would want to kill someone for dating a member of the group. There were some very unrealistic things in the story. But overall it was okay. I feel it could’ve been better. It had good potential. I didn’t hate it, but didn’t love it either.
Carol Cassada
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Hannah Blake the heroine of the story is someone I was drawn to from the start. After the death of her husband she seeks a fresh start in her hometown of Louisville. Hannah quickly scores a job, new friends, and a songwriting gig. She also unexpectedly find love with biker Hollis Ackers. Despite his bad boy appearance, Hollis has a good side. Their romance could be short-lived due to Hannah's fear of moving on, plus threats from Hollis' biker gang.

The plot of the story is good, I liked the chara
Sue
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's a story of love, grief, hope and second chances. Hannah's situation is heartbreaking. To lose the love of your life is devastating--I watched my Mom struggle after my father passed. I imagine this is what it would be like to lose your someone early in life. It's interesting how she chose to deal with her grief--by leaving her home and life. I really liked how the author let time pass in the book. Many second chance stories have the characters getting involved way more quickly than I can buy ...more
Sophie Koufes
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We follow Hannah Blaine through her journey of rediscovering herself after a tragic loss. She travels back to her home town Louisville, KC. with a suitcase & guitar as her only possessions she takes as music is her therapy. Hollis Ackers only ever loved one woman, his mother & when she died he lost his soul. A beautifully written and developed novel with no plot holes. With sensational character's that are realistic with real emotions and flaws. A intriguing novel with a bit of suspense. ...more
Tiffanee
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Hannah, a recent widow running away from her old life, and Hollis, a lonely closed off biker, who meet up when they both come back to Louisville. Hannah is slowly dying inside but she tells her grief in her music. Her songwriting and singing has always been there for her and now it's a way to help her in her time if need. Hollis and Hannah don't start out on the best foot but you see the spark almost right away even if that spark is hidden with a sassy remark and grumpiness.
I
Sonja Netkovska
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

This book is amazing! I don't have enough words to express how I'm filling after I finished Hannah's Story. I've felt like I was part of the story and I'm so glad that I started my reading challenge for 2017 with this book.
I've loved the story, all the love, hope, loss, pain, emotions and it's just heart melting story. I adore both Hannah and Hollis. This is story full of hope and love and teaching us to never give up.

Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. This story was a journey of love, grief, heartbreak, healing and happiness with great characters. It was just a roller coaster ride of emotions. Hannah's Story was my first read from Author, Terra Kelly, though hopefully not my last. I just wish it would have been longer, but I always want that for stories that I really enjoy. I was given an ARC copy of this story to read and I was not coerced or promised anything for a good review. This is my own honest opinion of this s ...more
Karie
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hannah's Story: A Second Chance is just that indeed. After her husband dies, and she goes back to her roots of her hometown, Hannah takes us on quite the emotional ride. Ms. Kelly has given Hannah a second chance at love with someone who seems to be so not right for her. I so totally enjoyed this very real story. It flowed effortlessly, and develops into such a strong story, without it feeling forced. I highly recommend this book to everyone. 4.5/5 Cross posting to My Reading Reality
Glenda
Jan 15, 2017 added it
I was given a free copy of this book and voluntarily choose to write a review. I enjoyed this story enough that I read it in one afternoon ! The setting was a place I have been so I could picture it in my mind. I was rooting for Hannah and Hollis as the two of them tried to get beyond their pasts. I will read more by Terra as I liked her wringing style and found I was truly drawn into the story.
Angala Fox
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
This was a great second chance romance story. I loved Hannah's story so much that as soon as I got the book, I couldn't put it down. Hollis, the biker was rude, but I he was good for Hannah. I can't wait to read more books written by Terra Kelly.
SouthernAngel
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Second Chances:
This one is an emotional second chance romance full of grief, sadness, heartache but also happiness and a second chance at love.
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Sam
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was entirely new and better and everything you could wish for. Terra Kelly worked magic into those pages and you'll not regretting picking this up. I'm serious. Take a chance on her. After all, everyone deserves A Second Chance, right? ;-)
Tammy  Tracy
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Different kind of second chance romance.  Hannah's going back home after 15 years with the man she loved.  Enter Hollis Ackers he is hiding from his past and avoiding relationships hanging out with a biker group that are not such great guys.  Lots of twists and turns.
Terra loves walking her dog, snuggling with her cat, and relaxing with her amazing hubby. A steamy romance book is never far from her grasp, and 2:00 a.m. seems to be the sweet spot to finally put a book down and sleep. She laughs loudly, smiles often, is a bit of a klutz, and tries to always find the positive in everything.

After a few years writing steamy fun, Terra had an urge to write romanti