Start by marking “A Season to Dance” as Want to Read:
A Season to Dance

A Season to Dance

Ballerina Ana Brassfield has her path to the stage of the Met in New York and her future with fiancé Peter Engberg all figured out—until her first love, renowned German dancer Claus Gert, shows up in Georgia to dance with her and win her back. Claus kisses her after a rehearsal, a kiss Peter witnesses from the darkened audience. Convinced a kiss between Claus and Ana is mo ...more
Paperback
Published May 9th 2017 by Bling! Romance

To ask other readers questions about A Season to Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Season to Dance

Beth
Ana Brassfield has her heart set on dancing at the Metropolitan Opera House. Her future is set. She is on her way to achieving her dancing dream and engaged to a wonderful man, Peter. Things are on the right track, until her first love, Claus, a famous dancer, returns to Georgia to dance on the stage, and of course, win his way back into Ana’s heart. After a misunderstanding from a scene on the dance floor, her engagement to Peter is off, and so begins Ana’s winding journey to realizing that her ...more
Natalie Monk
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I met Patricia at the ACFW 2015 writer's conference and was charmed by her beautiful Brazilian accent and her ballet costume on the character dress-up night. Little did I know she was a REAL ballerina--and had written a book about a ballerina! Last week I won a giveaway of the Letters to Juliet DVD from an interview blog featuring Patricia, who graciously included a copy of A Season to Dance in the giveaway package! I'd been wanting to read this novel since I first met her and am so excited to t ...more
Katie
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Loved Beal's A Season to Dance! Well-done, tangible look into a professional ballerina's life, performances, and exciting international travels. A fast-read showcasing God's dedication to us and the freedom of trading emptiness for God's redemption.
Beth Erin
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review on Faithfully Bookish http://wp.me/p7ngfE-Qx

The artistry of dance and nature saturates every moment of this beauty from ashes tale while heartache, betrayal, and turmoil beg for redemption, restoration, and grace.

Ana has regrets. Lots of regrets. Ana has a lot going for her but her focus is continually drawn to what she doesn't (and perhaps can't) have. Her journey is long, winding, and complicated but the destination makes it a road worth taking.

A Season to Dance perfectly conveys
Kerry Johnson
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vivid and emotional, A Season to Dance immerses the reader in the life of ballerina Ana and the two men who love her. I felt like I was walking through the lush gardens created by landscape architect Peter in Georgia, and I could almost touch the bright yellow sunflowers alongside Ana and Claus in Germany.

With a gentle eye for deep emotion, the author settles the reader into the lives of professional dancers and their hard-to-reach dreams, and into the heart of a young woman searching for somet
Fiction Aficionado
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I am undone! By the time I got to the end of this story I was a blubbering mess—in a good way. This was such a beautiful story of finding sufficiency in God, and so unique. I honestly can’t think of another story I have read like this one.

To begin with—ballet! As a classical music and ballet lover (not to mention a ballet mum), I loved entering Ana’s world. It was so obvious that the author has personal experience in this world, but even so, it’s not an easy thing to translate to the page. And y
Natalie Walters
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Debut author, Patrica Beal, delights the senses with A Season To Dance.

Opening the pages I was treated to an emotional journey as ballet dancer, Ana Brassfield, struggles to find sufficiency in a life that seems to be falling apart at every pirouette. I truly enjoyed the stunning detail Ms. Beal creates in describing the setting throughout the story, which allowed me to breathe in the fragrance of lavender and hear the babbling of the Rhine or feel the chest thumping current of an orchestra warm
Jodie Hoklas
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I couldn't put it down.
Kate
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful story of redemption! As a former dancer, I absolutely loved the way ballet was used to tell Ana's story. I also thought the choices she made were realistic, even if they weren't choices I personally would have made.
Tissue alert: Ana goes through some pretty heavy stuff, and some major heartbreak. I do think the book ended on a happy note, especially with regards to Ana finally figuring out 'the God thing'.
4.5 stars for this beautifully crafted debut
Anne
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
There were things I loved about this book and things I didn't. Great elements of excellent writing are sometimes hidden under stilted narrative and dialogue. A wonderful story of redemption and I'm happy to see Baptists get positive play in a book. 😁
Leslie M.
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ballerina Ana Brassfield has always dreamed of performing at the Met. In addition to pursuing her goal, she is also planning her wedding to Peter Engberg. However, one mistake changes everything. A broken engagement has Ana travelling to Germany with her first love, German dancer Claus Gert. He has had his eyes set on winning Ana back for some time. Ana hopes that a position with Claus’ company can help her fulfill her dreams. Has Ana finally come into her season to dance?

A Season to Dance showc
Linda Thompson
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Patricia Beal's writing is deft and immersive--and I'm picky! :) I really FELT Ana, and entered into her fascinating world from the first page. Settings are gorgeous, characters are engaging. Anyone who enjoys Christian romance should set aside a few cozy evenings for this one! Especially if you're after a romance novels that breaks the mold a bit.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Melanie Kilsby
An absolute glorious story of redemption and salvation through Jesus!

I will never look at Sequoia trees the same again.
My chest is literally crushing in heartache!

Wow. That ending...
I am still crying.

I've bumped up this review one complete star solely based off that EPIC ENDING!

Patricia's heart is all over the pages in this debut novel. You can feel it. I loved how she brought out the raw realities of life before we come to know the Lord and how He truly does save us from our sins--our mess.
Camilla
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A compelling story with amazing depth and heartache. A journey to love and faith so full it left me reeling in emotions. A very down -to-earth story with real situations handled delicately but sincerely, and lending hope to a fallen world where normal everyday people survive, and fall, and get up again. A very interesting perspective into the ballet world and what really matters...

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Mary A Smith
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually read this manuscript in its early stages & loved it! This story grabs your full attention & your emotions, I cried, I smiled , prayed & I cried some more right along with Ana's journey!
Patricia Beal is my daughter-in-law, I am so proud of her, she is insightful,& so talented! Well Done!!
Andrea Boyd
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The plan of salvation is made clear. I like that. Unique characters, only, I believe I would have connected better if the book had started at the beginning instead of the end. Otherwise, it made for a nice read.
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Beal’s experience as a ballerina graces Ana’s character as well as the ballet scenes. The dance movements come alive under Beal’s exquisite pen, and readers will feel like they are in the front row of the performances and classes. At the same time, she avoids making it too clinical. Non-dancers may not understand all of the terms and nuances but the overall beauty is vividly captured and keeps readers riveted breathlessly to the page. Especially when Ana is dancing with Claus (still fanning).

Kee
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
The first thing that caught my attention was this beautiful cover! I don't often pick up contemporary stories and I thought it would be fun to step out of my normal and delve into something completely unknown. So, I accepted a blind reader challenge from Just Read Tours. I didn't know what book I'd be receiving, thus the blind challenge. The book arrived wrapped in paper, and that kept the mystery just a little longer!

I enjoyed reading the story. The characters are unique and held my attention.
Anne Rightler
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Season to Dance is a captivating debut novel by a very talented Patricia Beal. It is a story of a ballerina who loves and is loved by two men and who finds true love as she finds faith in God. This is an emotional and passionate story that gives insight into the world of ballet as Ana's story is told. The characters are strong and vibrant and yet are portrayed with their flaws and foibles too. The story draws the reader in and doesn't let go as Ana reaches for her dream and makes choices that ...more
Lori
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy this book very much!
My review may not be like the rest but how the author penned this beautiful novel made me want to dance along side my favorite character.
I will be looking forward to reading more from this author and I do apologize that this is late!!!
Being in the music industry myself, ballet and classical music can take me into another world so I happy to have a connection with Ana.
Ana is like me with my journey to know Jesus as my personal savior!
I loved this book and I do recomm
Amanda
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, bookshelf
I love everything about ballet…the costumes, the music, the movements, etc…so I loved this book. It follows Ana, a ballerina, who is facing difficult decisions regarding her relationships and following her dreams.

I loved Ana, she was searching and seeking God and her transformation was beautiful. She was also extremely real…the author did not sugar coat her behavior, but this made the story and the transformation feel extremely realistic. The rest of the story flowed very nicely…it was fun to fo
Stacy
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Patricia Beal weaves a beautiful story about a young lady at a crossroads in her life. She's searching for faith, a career beyond her means as a prima ballerina and finds herself in love with two men. One from her past and one from her present. As I read I felt I was gliding along with character Ana Brassfield's on her journey. In her story she discovers just how far she can stretch herself both mentally and physically to attain her ultimate goal. It's no wonder that this beautifully crafted boo ...more
Rebekah Millet
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovers of ballet with adore this contemporary Christian romance. The details were exquisite and made me feel as though I were there in person. Readers who enjoy second chances at love as well as twists and turns in plot will delight in this book.
Cynthia Roemer
Patricia Beal's love for the ballet shines through in this realistic romance novel which portrays Ana Brassfield's struggles in both her dancing career and her personal life. I love that Ana is forced to make tough choices as she learns what faith truly is. Beal has done an excellent job of incorporating poignant life lessons into this vivid portrayal of a young woman in search of fulfillment.
Cindy
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised by this book. At first I thought I'd gotten one that wasn't Christian at all, but for a few remarks here and there. But I kept reading and I'm glad I did. I think it would help if it said right at the beginning that this story is actually a story of how someone comes to be saved. Knowing that, the reader won't be surprised or shocked by the main character's actions and thoughts. I strongly encourage you to read the part at the end about the author. Actually, the part I'm talking ...more
Rebecca
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it

"I cannot lose him again."

Beginning at what could be the end of a story is a risky venture for a debut, but in this case, it works beautifully, for the opening chapter sets the emotion tone for the entire story. In between graceful intensity, there deep pain resides and in spite of endless amounts of love, tragedy still manages to mar the melody. Certainly, and hopefully, there will be a "season to dance".

Ana Brassfield has worked tirelessly toward her goal of dancing onstage at New Y
Jodie
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books-2018
I was given this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher courtesy of Audiobook Boom at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Ana Brassfield is a ballerina who has decided her path in life and wants to stick to that path. When her ex boyfriend, German dancer, Claus Gert, comes back into her life, things start to go differently than she planned as old feelings reemerge.
She is engaged to Peter Engberg, who she thought was the love of her life. When Peter ends th
Andi
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: empty-shelf-2017
Ms. Beal takes the artistry of ballet, unites it with the redemptive power of Christ's mercy and grace providing beauty rising from the ashes story. Ms. Beal does not shy away from the romantic side of the story. Ballet holds, and looks between the dancers will leave you breathless. The story, and characters are real and honest. The struggle of belief is one that we all have struggled with at one time or another.
I had no idea what to expect from this book, other than it had to do with ballet, I
Lori Blake Smith
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story and the search that took Ana around the world to find what was sufficient! Raw and authentic!
Paula Shreckhise
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Contemporary fiction is not my favorite genre. However, this debut novel from Patricia Beal shows exceptional writing. It is very polished.

I didn't care for the way the story started-- a very " modern" lifestyle. But I quickly realized that it was very realistic. That's the way the current world view is!

Ana's journey to solidify her faith was somewhat slow but Ana calls herself a " late bloomer". At the end of that journey is a clear Salvation message. The three principal characters finally "co
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 3 3 Dec 10, 2017 06:18AM

• Like Never Before (Walker Family, #2)
  • Charming the Troublemaker (Mitchell's Crossroads #2)
  • The Perfect Arrangement: An October Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #11)
  • London Tides (MacDonald Family Trilogy, #2)
  • How a Star Falls
  • Until I Knew Myself (Bentwood #1)
  • Timeless Love: Romantic Stories that Span the Ages
  • Love in a Victorian (Come Home to Elm's Corner #1)
  • A Table by the Window (Two Blue Doors #1)
  • The Cautious Maiden (The Everstone Chronicles, #4)
  • One Thing I Know
  • Catch a Falling Star
  • A New Shade of Summer (Love in Lenox, #3)
  • Message In A Bottle (Surf's Up)
  • Lady of a Thousand Treasures (The Victorian Ladies, #1)
  • The Esther Paradigm
Novelist | Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas & Editora Pandorga. DESERT WILLOW releases in December of 2020 :) #ASeasonToDance #Artist #Aspie.

Connect: