Start by marking “Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Viva Las Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #5 Buffy Season 1)” as Want to Read:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Viva Las Buffy

(Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #5)

It's 1996, and Buffy Summers has just accepted her role as the Vampire Slayer. After the destruction of her high school, she flees to Las Vegas to sort out her life, but there's more than Wayne Newton and hookers in the city of sin. A twisted coven den of vampires has big plans for the strip.
Published July 15th 2003 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Buffy The Vampire Slayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Start your review of Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Viva Las Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #5 Buffy Season 1)
Gonzalo Urrutia
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-buffyverse
Despite the cliffhangers, despite the male perspective, this was an amazing book. I loved seeing the characters I love getting ready to be in the places they needed to be before the TV show's first episode, and it's great how they're crossing eachother's paths and not even knowing it.
Wren (fablesandwren)
This was the best one.

Like I loved it so much.

This is before Buffy goes to Sunnydale. And Dawn is apart of this even though you don't know about her until season 05. I absolutely love that they kept her as a part of Buffy's life because she is her sister and Buffy has all these memories with Dawn in them anyway.

You get three different stories of how everyone's life were before they went to Sunnydale: Buffy's, Angel's and Giles' stories. Angel, just doing his normal righting-his-wrongs, Buffy dea
NaTaya Hastings
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally got some closure with Pike. That was always a sore point with me. I know the show and the movie were two separate things, but they reference several movie moments throughout the tv show. It always bugged me that they never mentioned Pike.
Christian
Jul 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
Origin ended with Buffy teasing that she would soon tell Willow and Xander about the time she and Pike ran away to Vegas, so of course this story is narrated by... Pike. Buffy and Pike fight conjoined vampire twins in Vegas, while Giles, Wesley, Gwendolyn Post, and Angel also appear. It's the most prequelly thing I've read in ages. I hate prequels.
Kelley
Jordan
Like I mentioned in a previous review, my wife and I are watching through Buffy The Vampire Slayer for the first time. Since this is me we're talking about, I of course had to go out and track down the tie-in comics to go with the show, despite their questionable canonical status....

This particular comic is set between the The Origin /the original screenplay* and the start of the TV series. As we open, Buffy's in trouble. Her Watcher is dead, her parents are fighting, everyone thinks she's a
Sarah Sammis
Jul 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: pc, read-in-2006
Graphic novels aren't something I read often but a few of them have come my way via BookCrossing and the Bookrelay site. Viva Las Buffy is one such book. Over all it is well drawn and well lettered, although Giles doesn't look much like Anthony Stewart Head but in this story he's a minor character so it really doesn't matter what he looks like.

Although I don't have many graphic novels (or comic books) under my belt I know that they often branch off each other creating alternate versions of event
Brendan Diamond
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animated
A much better "prequel" to the TV series than the "Buffy: Origins" two-shot, this actually manages to capture Joss Whedon's unique combination of high character drama and witty verbal comedy in a much more convincing way than the amalgamation of the film script and the TV show that Origins attempted. Pike is, here, a much more sympathetic character, and it makes total sense how this could possibly lead into the TV series. So too is the back-story of how Giles ended up becoming Buffy's watcher fa ...more
Slayermel
Dec 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Any Buffy Fan
I had been waiting to read this for quite a while, and I’m glad I did. It was a pleasant surprise to see that Pike was included in this story.

The story starts off with Buffy living in LA with both her parents and Dawn. She is about to go in front of the disciplinary board to see if she can be reinstated in school after the gym burned down. Of course everyone blames her, and does not understand that she actually saved the school and her fellow students.

Pike and Buffy are still seeing each other
Angela
So glad that this was continued from Origins because, you know, it's a good story and such. I also like the way Dawn was portrayed, because she really is just a little girl and I feel like it makes me like her more to see what she's been through.
Danni Foley
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a really great comic that fills the gap between the movie and the TV show. I love the four part story line that is really well executed. And most of all, I love that we find out what happened to Pike!!
YoSafBridg
May 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Continues the story (after The Origin) of before Buffy came to Sunnydale--throws in a few other references--pretty well done.
Kirsten
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Glad to get an update on what happened after the movie ended. I would like to see what happened to Pike after, though.
Libra
This was the best of the first three sections of the Omnibus Volume 1. There's more Pike and blast from the past. Angel and Giles fight their own battles while making their way to Buffy.
Sydney Rakestraw
May 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I always like it when they reference Buffy's life before Sunnydale, so it's cool to see a mini-story about it, even if it's kind of an underwhelming addition.
Steffie Beckworth-Morris
Sep 25, 2010
Ashley
Jul 14, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Origin (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #4 Buffy Season 1)
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer: All's Fair (Buffy Classics, #1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Stake to the Heart (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #7 Buffy Season 1)
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Dawn and Hoopy the Bear (Buffy Classics, #4)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future for You (Season 8, Volume 2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home (Season 8, Volume 1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer:  Time of Your Life (Season 8, Volume 4)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wolves at the Gate (Season 8, Volume 3)
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Queen of Hearts (Buffy Classics, #9)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Twilight (Season 8, Volume 7)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer: MacGuffins (Buffy Classics, #8)
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Paint the Town Red (Buffy Classics, #11)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 3
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Last Gleaming (Season 8, Volume 8)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Food Chain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #15 Buffy Season 3)
Scott Lobdell (born 1960) is an American comic book writer.

He is mostly known for his work throughout the 1990s on Marvel Comics' X-Men-related titles specifically Uncanny X-Men, the main title itself, and the spin-off series that he conceived with artist Chris Bachalo, Generation X. Generation X focused on a number of young mutant students who attempted to become superheroes in their own right at

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Tales of the Slayers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #1)
  • Tales of the Vampires (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Spike & Dru (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #3)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 16: Slayer, Interrupted (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #6 Buffy Season 1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Dust Waltz (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic#8  Buffy Season 2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Ring of Fire (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #9 Buffy Season 2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Play With Fire and Other Stories (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #10 Buffy Season 3)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Remaining Sunlight (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #11 Buffy Season 3)