Start by marking “Why the Chicken Crossed the World: 18 Surprising Secrets from China on Success, Wealth, and Happiness (Funky Chicken)” as Want to Read:

A brilliant collection of hilariously poignant true stories illustrate what China teaches us about happiness, wealth, love, power, and getting what you want. Based on a successful, witty blog by a Chinese-American expatriate in Shanghai, these impactful insights loved by worldwide readers illuminate how China changes your world at home.

Experience this amusingly honest res
Published February 23rd 2016 by Funky Chicken

To ask other readers questions about Why the Chicken Crossed the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why the Chicken Crossed the World

Elena Țicău
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't really know how I could review such a kind of book. However, what I can say is that it helped me get out of the reading slump and come back to my favorite occupation. It was a really funny book, had some ludicrous moments in it which made me enjoy it even more. At the same time it was so informative and I found out a lot of things about the Chinese culture. It didn't really make me re-analyse my life and try to make it better, as it was supposed to, but at least it made me smile. :)
C.M.
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Quirky and enlightening

An expat insider's view to living and working in modern China. With photos! I enjoyed reading this and learned a lot about the local's way of thinking. Interesting facts and viewpoints.
Emily
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Easy, enjoyable read about the author's experience as an American-born Chinese person living in China as an expat. Full of funny anecdotes.
Cristy Jimenez-Shawcroft
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting anecdotes of life and business in China.
Mohana Talapatra
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you need a pick-me-up, this is THE BIBLE. I cannot re-emphasize it. Sure, there's Bill Bryson and his tales, but if you want a short-story speed-book format of something similar for life in China, these 18 baffling secrets will have you wanting and acheing for more!

The Funky Chicken's book is an extremely candid, laugh-out-loud take on what it means to be an expat and live in China, amidst its many perplexingly interesting and funny customs, history and everyday life.

The Funky Chicken bring
Funky Chicken
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The most entertaining, interesting, enlightening, and humorous book you will ever read. You won't put this book down, which is good because it's only a quick 2-hour read. This extremely well-written book uncovers the China you never knew (and were too embarrassed to ask about): Where is all that money coming from, will China really rule the world, and why are Asian females such bad drivers? A peek inside the world's most powerful communist country, and lessons from China that you can apply right ...more
Shriti Chatterjee
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
A book that makes you laugh is always a book you can't put down. Loved laughing at the author, and then with. The chicken's take-aways are not necessarily life-changing, or even eye-opening, but they serve as pretty good reminders to try & always make the best of what we have.

To be honest, I'd not heard of any Funky Chicken before this book. To be fair, I'll never be able to forget the Funky Chicken since completing this book.
Swy
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A casual yet amusing read about life as an expat in Shanghai. Experiences in China varies from person to person, place to place... But the accounts here certainly sound right to me and in line with my experiences of the country and its people.

Humorously written 18 short stories. Definitely worth a read, I finished it while eating lunch and would definitely be looking out for more funky books from a Funky ABC (American-born Chinese) Chicken.
Archita
Sep 26, 2017
Mitchie
Apr 24, 2016
David Lee
rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2016