Start by marking “Awakenings (In the Arms of the Law, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Awakenings (In the Arms of the Law, Book 2)

Awakenings

(In the Arms of the Law #2)

Author’s Note: Awakenings was previously released with another publisher. It has received minor revisions for reissue.

Also includes a bonus short story

Protection. Adventure. Love.
It's all found within The Arms of the Law...

Detective Alicia Knowles once believed good existed in everyone. But a traumatic experience changed her entire world. Now dangerous and cynical, she
ebook
Published February 24th 2016 by Kacey Hammell (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Awakenings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awakenings

Start your review of Awakenings (In the Arms of the Law, Book 2)
Jenna
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
New to me author...
I enjoyed this book so much. Romance-Suspense, in my opinion, is the best EVER! As soon as I started reading this story I was sucked into a world packed full of action, mystery, and smoking hot sex.
A new police chief shares a past with one of his detectives and a string of crimes bring the two back into each others arms. But will it last?....
Looking forward to the next in the series.
Gaele
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
A quickly paced, fast moving book, the emotionally charged story-line starts with a beaten woman and climaxes with another incident with the perpetrator, with lots of action in between. Readers should be warned that although the references that involve abuse and beating are not specific or greatly detailed, the plot essentially rests on one woman’s inability to come to terms with her own loss of faith in humanity after her own traumatic event.

The writing is smooth and tightly interweaves the
Avid Reader Amy's Reviews
Review as appears on my blog Amy's Book World:

Awakenings is the second book in this series by this author. In this one we follow Cole and Alicia on their journey to love. Alicia has some demons from the past that still haunt her. First the death of her mother as a young girl and then her kidnapping a year prior. All this adds to her reasoning that she us not meant to be happy. Even though a few years ago she and Cole shared one hot night together. Cole takes things into his own hands when she
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Awakenings is a great story that has so many components to it. It is the second book in the series and although I did not read the first one it had enough information where I was very comfortable reading ti and not feeling lost.

Alicia is a detective who is trying to solve a case. She has a child who has been kidnapped and a crazy murderer on the lose. But all that takes a back seat to what is really going on in Alicia's life. She had something tragic happen to her and she is hell bent on not
Susan
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Kacey pens "Awakenings" a fast paced action romance in a plot that flows smoothly. Be cautioned that there is references to abuse but nothing really graphic.I found her characters to be well developed and relatable to real life with their fears and concerns. A farily quick read that is recommended for those over the age of 18.

This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review.
Michelle Roth
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was just as gut-wrenching as the last installment. Awakenings was action packed and the chemistry between the lead characters is HOT HOT HOT! I am loving this series!!! The author has a way of drawing you into the story and holding you captive until the very end. I couldn't put this down.

Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Alicia Knowles went through an ordeal that has changed her and not for the better. And to make matters worse, her new boss is someone from her past. Someone she never expected to see again.

Cole Douglass can't believe he's found the woman that has haunted his dreams, but he can't let his feelings get in the way of him doing his job. Alicia's actions while on duty must be addressed, even if it means facing her wrath.

However the case she's been working, she's unwilling to let go even if she's not
Nicole Laverdure
Sexy, fast paced and full of danger!

If you love suspense, mystery, sexy with plot twists to keep you on the edge of your seat turning pages for hours! Read Awakenings, written by Kacey Hammell. This novella will grab your attention and keep you turning the pages all while trying to figure out who is the killer!

Bruised mentally by a madman, Detective Alicia Knowles, is still struggling with he daily life, as she has become a tormented woman. Her boss, Cole Douglass, is afraid for her! Two years
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Being a detective, was everything Alicia ever wanted. She worked hard and had earned it. Then it all changed that one night. Alicia will never forget that night. It’s been burned into her memory. Every time she closes her eyes she sees the man who hurt her. Cole is her new boss and also the man she spent a very hot night with a couple of years ago. Cole never forgot Alicia. She consumed most of his thoughts. The two share another
Nerd Girl Vixen
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Anna Low
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
his is the second book in this series and I received a copy from the author in return for an honest review. I have to admit that the only reason it took me a little longer to read the second book was because I spent most of the day with my daughter and grandson. This was another book I had trouble putting down. This book picks up with Alicia and Cole whom we met in illusions and her struggle to move forward. I love the characters and this book moves along well. I can't wait to see where we go ...more
Sara MacRae
Apr 20, 2013
Cassie Polla
May 12, 2013
Kacey Hammell
Sep 01, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jessie
Aug 28, 2013
Stephanie
Nov 13, 2014
Hot New Romantic Suspense From Kacey Hammell 1 1 Sep 13, 2012 09:10AM
Avid Reader. Romance Author. Redhead…

Canadian-born author Kacey Hammell is definitely a book-a-holic. A romance reader from a young age, she fell in love with happily ever afters. These days, as a multi-published erotic romance author, she enjoys adding a lot of heat, sass, and emotion to the many genres she writes.

Mom of three, Kacey lives her own happily ever after with her perfect hero in

In the Arms of the Law (4 books)
  • Illusions (In the Arms of the Law, #1)
  • Tied Down (In the Arms of the Law Short Story)
  • Wild Thunder (In the Arms of the Law Short Story) (The Edge)