Start by marking “Rise the Renegade (Rork Sollix Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Rise the Renegade (Rork Sollix Book 1)

Rise the Renegade (Rork Sollix Book 1)

99c thru April 10th only.

The golden age of freedom withers across the Solar System as independent colonies fall under the dominion of Barbary and Sons, a ruthless cartel run by a 24th century cross between Genghis Khan and the CEO of Walmart.

One man rises in opposition. Rork Sollix raids Barbary's cargo ships for fun and profit, along with his lovestruck teenage servan
Published February 23rd 2016 by Cheverer

To ask other readers questions about Rise the Renegade, please sign up.
George Donnelly I do apologize. I hit some roadblocks with it. I am 30,000 words into it. I'm not sure when it will be ready, but am aiming for early 2018. Thanks for…moreI do apologize. I hit some roadblocks with it. I am 30,000 words into it. I'm not sure when it will be ready, but am aiming for early 2018. Thanks for your patience.(less)

Start your review of Rise the Renegade (Rork Sollix Book 1)
LJ Waguespack
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great adventure, strong characters, non stop action

Great introduction of a strong, even if slightly flawed, action hero. Rork, the never say die, action hero. I am physically winded after reading this book, Rork never stops! I look forward to following Rork and Lala's adventures together asap! Good solid writing, thank you George Donnelly.
Aviar Savijon
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rise the Renegade

A spectacular space opera story full of action and adventure with a wise man known as Zero. He points out the good and the path that should be taken.
Rob Turner
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Terrible

I gave two stars out of mercy, but this book is a disaster. The narrative is weak, the language confusing, and the author seems to add adjectives by throwing darts at a dictionary. Incorrect or inaccurate modifiers are so common that the narrative becomes difficult to follow.
This is what a pretentious 13 year old would write. The author desperately needs a narrative and content editor.
Michael Wood
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great Traditional Space Opera Tale

Donnelly has done a good job with this first volume of a (hopefully lengthy) traditional space opera story. A man of indeterminate age, Rork Sollix fights against the wealthy corporation that dominates the entire solar system economy, and it's obscene owner. Sollix has good reason to fight and rob the man who killed his parents and brother years ago. But things are not always as they seem. Recommended
Stephanie Mckeracher
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story although I felt exhausted for the main character, he barely has time to get over one thing before something else happens. Amusing at times and totally full of action. Loved it
Daniel Deitch
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Confused

I really tried with this book. The ideas were great but I had a lot of trouble following the plot with its constant abrupt changes. It works make a brilliant movie with some severe editing.
Sheri Anderson
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get into the character, Rork. It was a little disjointed. Scenes jumped from one place to another making it hard to follow at times. I eventually started to follow the story the way it was being written.
The Mysterious Reader
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the publisher’s blurb on this one and thought “this looks like a fun romp of a Space Opera.” I was in the mood for just that and this book fit the bill perfectly. If that is the sort of mood you’re in too then it’s a get bet for you and, on that basis, I definitely recommend it.
Robert Rozell ii
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very hard to put down

From one impossible situation to another Captains Rork Sollix is always a half step from losing it all, but somehow he always get out or trouble. The action never stops, the seemingly hopeless circumstances never stop Rork. This is just a fun read.
Leigh
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just a good lively book. Action with twists and turns to keep you interested.
Great style.
J.D. Schechter
Mar 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
Unreadable

In the golden age of pulp science fiction magazines, this nonsense wouldn't qualify as filler. If it was meant as humor it fails miserably
Sherry
Nov 07, 2017 added it
A non stop thrill ride of Rork and his girlfriend always getting into troubled situations, but finding a way out of each one. You don't know what is going to happen next to them.
Jeremy Spring
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful space opera experience. It starts by grabbing you, and doesn't let go until after the end.
Loved it.
Jamie
Jun 03, 2020 added it
Shelves: scifi, didn-t-like
Had a hard time getting into this book.
Jazzie Black
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I generally don't read space opera novels, but even I must admit this book is a great read. Looking forward to the next one.
Mick Bird
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting read, the main player goes from one fight to another.
Jimbo
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good character and action. Would recommend this book to others.
Ann Waters
Jul 22, 2020
James Bowman
Mar 05, 2020
Scott Kennedy
rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2018
Robert Weaver
Oct 22, 2019
Betsy
Jan 16, 2020
Horst von Brand
Dec 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The First Private (The Galactic Crusade Book 1)
  • The 28th Gate: Volume 1
  • A Hero: (CORPORATION WARS Book 1)
  • Brothers in Exile (Sons of the Starfarers, #1)
  • The Black Ships (The Black Ships, #1)
  • Galaxy of Heroes (Galaxy of Heroes, #1)
  • Star Soldier Episode One
  • Evolution Commandos:  Well of Furies
  • Rustlers in the Sage: A Western Novella
  • Sagebrush
  • Starship Sakira (Delphi in Space #1)
  • Junkyard (Fractured Stars #0.5)
  • Lunar Discovery: Let the Space Race Begin (Discovery Series Book 1)
  • Ghost Squadron Omnibus: The Complete Series
  • Interim
  • Saving Mars (Saving Mars, #1)
  • The Empire of Ruin: Chronicles of the Second Empire (The Chronicles of the Second Interstellar Empire of Mankind Book 4)
  • Outlaw (Rebel Stars, #1)
Former starship redshirt turned rag-clad resistance fighter, George Donnelly is the author of space opera, cyberpunk & post-apocalyptic science fiction series. A single unschooling expat dad, George prefers zombies to aliens but is primed for any meatspace apocalypse minus grey goo. ...more

News & Interviews