Start by marking “Close to You (Sunshine and Happiness, #3)” as Want to Read:
Close to You (Sunshine and Happiness, #3)

Close to You

(Sunshine and Happiness #3)

It’s hard to recover from a first love. Some people never do.

How hard would you fight to keep your best friend? Marc Lucas and Tomas Santos have been best friends forever, but now their friendship is in a crisis. When they were boys, betrayals ripped their world apart. They thought it was fixed, but some parts remained broken. Ever since he saved him from a humiliation at
Published March 28th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

Start your review of Close to You (Sunshine and Happiness, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I've been waiting for Marc and Tomas's story. There's been an aura of mystery surrounding their relationship and past. Marc is unpredictable and angry, but we see glimpses of humor and kindness beneath the hard exterior.

This is not a standalone book. Marc and Tomas are important secondary characters in the first two books, and the previous MCs have a strong presence in Close to You. Andrew deals with a tragedy, Owen a rock by his side, and Cole and Ian are surprised in the best way possible.

It'
Ele

"Two lives that have always been one. Two bodies meant to touch.
.................................................
For other people, first love fades away, but not for Tomas. The way he loves Marc might change like the seasons, but it doesn’t ever die."

We 've seen a lot of Marc and Tomas in the first two books of the Sunshine and Happiness series. We saw them fighting, hurting, grieving, and trying to stay away from each other. But nothing prepared me for all this history between th
.Lili.
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
 photo image.jpg1_zpsnttz3vv2.jpg

Dude, we finally get Tomas and Marc's story! I have been wondering what occurred between them since book one. I'm so happy that their story lived up to the anticipation of waiting for it.

The love that these men have for each other is swoon worthy. I found myself putting my iPad down, taking a deep breath, then highlighting quotes before being able to continue reading. Great stuff that every romance junkie like myself appreciates I tell you.

My highlights:

*The care that was taken to tell us their
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I waited a long time to read this one. And once again, because of my challenge I was "forced" to. And I'm glad I finally read this one. But it wasn't an easy read.

I knew going in to this one that it would be on the heavy side. While all of the books in the series feature different characters, I think they should be read in order.

It's apparent in the previous books that Tomas and Marc had a past. A past that was definitely not pleasant for Marc, or Tomas at times.

I don't usually like flashbacks
Jewel
I loved this book! I've been looking forward to Marc and Tomas's story since book 1 and I was not disappointed in the least. Damaged souls are my favorite when they still manage to find their happy. I've had an amazingly busy week, so I'm a bit behind on my reviews, but I will try to get one done for this book in a day or two.
Nerea
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT ~

This book is a part of a series so we knew a bit of Marc and Tomas from previous books. They were very attractive characters since the beginning, we barely knew that they know each other from high school and although is clear that they are deeply in love, they are not together!!

WHY??

We get the answer in THIS BOOK! Finally!!

I must say I loved the structure that the writer used, she combined two storylines ; The present and Marc and Tomas story since the high school. So we could see ho
Karen
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Back & forth, back & forth, it's like watching a ping, pong game...back & forth...

I did enjoy 'Close to You' more than 'Lovers, Losers & You' but I have to admit I didn't love it. Tomas and Marc didn't leave me feeling all gushy and happy. In all honesty there were times that if anything I was left feeling slightly annoyed and frustrated and this was mostly because of the shifts back and forth between past and present because of their connection and the fact that they've been best friends fo
Justin Nova
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Best of the series so far. Dying for River's book now.
Wicked
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and these characters and I was eager to get Tomas & Marc's story. Their story was beautiful and painful and real but it was not easy to read at all. Between the horror of what Marc had to survive and the separation that hurt my heart just reading about it, these two more than paid their dues on the way to their HEA.

Even the flashbacks didn't bother me the way they sometimes do in books. The only thing that I didn't care for was the tense. I'm not sure if I've run across it be
Cristina T.
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BR with Trisha!

This is definitely my favorite book in the series! Tomas and Marc's story is one I'll keep close to my heart for a long time. I loved every second of it. Just beautiful.
Aerin
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, part-of-a-series
*3.5 stars*

After reading Lovers, Losers, and You I was so excited for Marc and Tomas’s story. We already know these two have a history although we don't now what that is; one thing’s for sure thought.. Tomas and Marc love each other, we saw that in the previous book. We watched them fight and argue one moment, go to being best friends the next, and making lovey-dovey faces at each other when they thought the other one wasn’t watching.

In Closer to You we get the full story; it’s not pretty, more
Federica Lemme
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-inglese

It’s strong and emotional and that’s why I love this series so much. We’ve been kept waiting for Marcus and Thomas’s story for 2 books now and the author really was playing a dangerous game on this, our expectations were set very high – were we going to be disappointed after all this time? No way! The author delivered BIG TIME on this.
The author and the book gave me exactly what I was looking for and what I needed.

Marc has always been angry and the relati
Morgan  Skye
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Books one and two reviewed here:

Here For You http://kimichanexperience.com/here-fo...

Lovers Losers and You https://thebloggergirls.com/2015/09/1...

This is an amazing series. Though, technically, each is a stand alone, the MCs in the other books all lived together at one point and are all interwoven in the other’s lives, so they pop in and out and having read the previous books will only add to your overall enjoyment of this book – plus they’re all so beautiful.

We’ve met Tomas and Marc – two frie
Tess
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Ever since book #1, I've been looking forward to reading Tomas and Marc's story because there's something so beautiful about a second chance at love. This was told partly in flashbacks to middle school and the beginning of Tomas and Marc's friendship. It was lovely watching them turn from friends into something more but it was also heartbreaking at times to learn about what Tomas went through with his abusive father and to see it break Tomas and Marc apart. This contrasted to the current
Lisa The Novel Approach
~ Narration Rating 4.5 Stars ~

Marc and Thomas have been friends forever. One of them was beaten and abused by life, and pegged as a bad seed by his father, society, and his best friend’s family; the other has repressed his feelings for so long because he fears disappointing everyone. And for decades, they do a mutual and infuriating dance of coming together and pulling apart. The pointless and tragic death of one of their roommates, draws them together and pulls them apart over the course of th
Sara

I had ridiculously high hopes going into this book. Tomas and Marc with their tumultuous relationship or lack thereof has been talked about through books one and two. We know these two are in love but won’t let it happen. We’ve seen the downfall of their friendship and of Tomas moving out to take care of his grandfather and how it has wrecked both men. We know they have been friends since middle school… but we didn’t know the whole story… until now.

Told in the dual (Thank Fuck for that!) POV of
Joyfully Jay
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Close to You is the third book in the Sunshine and Happiness series. I would not suggest reading this book as a stand alone. Marc and Tomas have been fixtures in the first two books and all of the stories and characters overlap and intertwine as the guys all consider themselves a family. There has been a lot of mystery surrounding their story and this was the book I had been waiting for.

The book alternated between present day and the past. The flashbacks were absolu
Amanda
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting to read about Marc and Tomas and I was not let down. Marc and Tomas have been dancing around each other since book one. FINALLY they figure their shit out!

Marc had a craptastic childhood. His father was an abusive alcoholic that used his police officer status to further threaten Marc. Marc built up walls around his heart and put people off by his bad attitude. Everyone except Tomas.

Tomas was a soft spoken, sweet guy who knew Marc wasn't the asshat he made himself out to be.
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Tomas and Marc's story from the first book in this series. This is the 3rd and I feel the stories themselves are getting better and more in depth. Marc and Tomas found each other in high school and became best friends. Through some bad things that happened in Marc's life they are separated for quite a few years. When they reconnect it is as friends again but they were each others first love and you can tell it never went away for either of them. Marc's story broke my hear ...more
Lidia
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As other readers I was waiting the Marc and Tomas's story. From last books we knew , we sensed rather some things of their history but I was surprised the same: one story so emotionally intense, so beautiful also in her painfulness and drama . And the author is been so good to portray their characters. The poignant and yearning relationship is so strong as sweet and scorching is their love making, that is impossible not struggle with them while reading the book because the raw emotions were over ...more
Jaime
Feb 27, 2016 marked it as rainy-day-review-queue
In Queue

*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review. Reviewed by Jaime from Alpha Book Club
and Gay Book Reviews
description description description
Trisha Harrington
BR with Cristina!

This book.

OMG. This book is amazing!

I'm SO glad Tomas and Marc finally got their story.
Sally halliday
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this story hopefully we will get Rivers story next
Kristie
I'm shocked to say that I think I would have liked this better if I'd read it first. I love Tristan James' voice, and his narration is fantastic, but I think I was not really into the story enough... or something. I'm not sure. It took me weeks to listen to this. weeks. I'd actually started it months ago and would only listen to it in little chunks.

In the end, I really liked the story. And I liked the narration. I just wish I'd have liked both right from the start.
CB
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are 4 books in this series and they should all be read, in order. They are worth it. Yes, there is a sad, underlying thread to the story which is not the norm, but they all find their love despite that and other hardships in their lives.

There is actually room for at least 1 more story (Jonathan?).
ReadingAllNite
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Michelle
5+++ i loved this book the first time i read it and i loved it even more this time, listening to it just made it better. oh how i love Tomas & Marc! ...more
ItsAboutTheBook
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: whit
Review can be read at It's About The Book

Tomas and Marc’s story arc has been torturing me since the first book. For that reason you’ll want to read this series in order. There’s a lot of history between them and the author teases us quite a bit in the first two books with their pain. Up until this book we really don’t know the details of that history. But now I do! Two thirds of the story alternates from the time they met when they were in eighth grade to where they left off in the
Lindsay M.
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely devoured this today! Best in the series...I loved it.
Cat
Mar 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Marc comes from an abusive home with an alcoholic father, someone whom he works to avoid when possible, and from whom he receives bruises that he can’t report because dear old dad just also happens to be a cop. When they meet at 13 years old, it is because Tomas’ father has just died from cancer and he and his mother are living with his paternal grandparents, Avo Izzy and Fernando.

As they grow, Tomas knows nothing of the horror that is Marc’s world, and when he finds out, he is sworn to secrecy

• Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
  • The One Decent Thing
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Rival
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Sorcery of the Blood
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Hood River Rat (Hood River Hoodlums, #1)
  • Blowfish's Oceanopedia: 291 Extraordinary Things You Didn't Know About the Sea
  • Finders Keepers
  • The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)
  • Sonny and Me
  • The Legend of the Golden Raven (The Wicker King #1.5)
  • One Small Thing (One Thing, #1)
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • Conventionally Yours (True Colors, #1)
  • Switched

Skylar M. Cates loves a good romance. She is happy to drink coffee, curl up with a good book, and not move all day. Her novels feature strong and passionate men. Skylar loves to craft stories where realistic characters are challenged with emotional situations. Although lately the laundry room is the farthest place she has visited, Skylar loves to chat with folks from all around the globe.

Please fe

Sunshine and Happiness (4 books)
  • Here For You (Sunshine and Happiness #1)
  • Lovers, Losers, and You (Sunshine and Happiness, #2)
  • Secrets of You (Sunshine and Happiness, #4)