Start by marking “The Sound of Serendipity” as Want to Read:
The Sound of Serendipity

The Sound of Serendipity

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  115 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
So many things can happen to a person on a Central Park bench.

For Emerson Kingsley, falling in love happened, despite her broken monster of a heart.

Emerson knows more about listening than she does about love, whether it’s listening to artists as a music producer or listening to stories as she people watches.

Months of watching Maddox Bailey from a park bench are to blame fo
Published April 14th 2016 by Anterior Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sound of Serendipity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sound of Serendipity

Mg Herrera
Apr 18, 2016 Mg Herrera rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT. I LOVED IT. I LOVED IT. I LOVEEEEEEED IT.

Cynthia A. Rodriguez captured my heart with Crashing souls, but with TSoS, she is telling me “You are mine, and I'm never letting you go.”

There are many books that make things to my heart, but there are just a few that leave its marks in it. TSoS is one of them, I have no idea how Cynthia does it, but she always managed to blow my mind with her words. So magical.

If I had to use a word to describe this book, it would be the word “Bliss”, becau
Southern Belle Book Blog
Mar 10, 2016 Southern Belle Book Blog rated it it was amazing
What can I really say? All day long – at work, with the kiddos, during lunch, etc. – and for many days now, I’ve tried to come up with a way to accurately describe my love for The Sound of Serendipity. Guess what I’ve come up with? Not a damn thing, because it’s impossible for words on paper to express my adoration and the completely ridiculous amount of fangirl love I have for this book.

Kinda interesting story. I had never heard of Cynthia A. Rodriguez. Unbeknownst to me, she had a few prior re
Butthisbook
Because everyone should experience Cynthia's softer side.
This book is sweet poetry and heart clenching.

Make sure to add this to your TBR and get ready to one click the moment it releases.

Full review to come <3
Dhini
4,5 Serendipity Stars

Beautifully written story
It was more than a love story
It was a "life" story

I wanted to give it 5 stars
But there was something I found disturbing
There were no spaces or mark or something between the paragraphs to know that we've moved to the next scene and it made me frowned and kept me guessing where or when and then I had to went back to the previous lines.
I got confused while reading the story.
For example, the heroine at her office and in the next line she was at her h
Monica (nightreads)
Apr 04, 2016 Monica (nightreads) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2016
Where do I even start with this book?!? It was just simply amazing. There is no other way to put it. What I liked best about it was the originality in the heroine's character. I have been waiting a long time for someone to write a character like hers and Cynthia brought her to life. I can go more into detail about the characters and what I liked about them, but I am not. I want all of you to go into reading this without the bias opinion of someone else and come up with your own conclusions, but ...more
Cynthia Rodriguez
Mar 30, 2016 Cynthia Rodriguez added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I don't rate my own books. Not trying to knock authors that do because every rating/review counts but I don't think it's fair to judge myself because I'm my toughest critic, though I aim to do my best.
I'm trying to think of a way to explain how I feel about TSoS now that it's going to the printers and I doubt I'll be able to in a way the rest of the world will easily understand. But I'll try.
If you've read Crashing Souls, please know that this book is not like that. Not in the angsty sense. I du
Lynda
May 20, 2016 Lynda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Serendipity

Serendipity means a "fortunate happenstance" or "pleasant surprise". It was coined by Horace Walpole in 1754.

Dreaming of her perfect moment when souls collide and her happily ever after is born, dreaming of serendipity. Emerson Kingsley at first doesn't realise her perfect moment will be more then just one moment, She soon realises it is made up of hundreds of little moments.

Em has a tough shell around herself, she retreats into it a lot. From the moment we are introduced to her in
B. Stevens
Apr 06, 2016 B. Stevens rated it it was amazing
One thing I learned about this author is that she has the ability to stun me into silence. She wows me with the words she creates. This book was no different. From the very beginning of the book I knew I absolutely LOVED Emerson. She had this way about her that was so.... real . You couldn't help but take in her emotions and realize where she was coming from. I love when authors bring out the real in characters and Cynthia did just that. Which brings me to the sexy, irresistible Maddox. OMG. I ...more
Cindy
Apr 06, 2016 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-reads
Beautiful...loved every word.
Imani Hackney
Mar 25, 2016 Imani Hackney rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

There are words in the world people use everyday to describe something or someone that is very meaningful to them or has impacted them in the best way possible. Words like appealing, lovely, delightful, and pleasant. And while all of those words are things people would love to hear when associated with them or something they have to do with, they aren't quite the words I would use when I think of The Sound of Serendipity and how it was written. If s
Giovanna Bovenzi Cruz
Apr 17, 2016 Giovanna Bovenzi Cruz rated it it was amazing
This book makes you feel EVERYTHING. She makes you feel the weight of her words. They pull you in like your favorite song, which is important because the whole premise of the book is based around music. She created these complex, flawed characters that you can't help but adore. You feel the pain, the passion, the hurt, the beauty, you feel the significance of every word she poured into the pages. Emerson was my favorite character. You get to witness her grow into this amazing, independent woman. ...more
Michelle T Bibliophile
Mar 24, 2016 Michelle T Bibliophile rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sweet-romance
The Sound of Serendipity was an extremely sneaky, behind-the-scenes novel from Cynthia A. Rodriguez. While I absolutely loved the deep, intellectual feel Crashing Souls delivered, the new emotions revealed from the author in this book were remarkable.

Rodriguez has a way with words; each one serves a purpose and is strategically placed to deliver one helluva story.

TSoS is so much more than a romance novel. It's the journey of a young woman in NYC trying to find her way in life. She knew she had
Briebookd CCBH
May 01, 2016 Briebookd CCBH rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ccbh-reviewed
"And love... Love sounds like whispers and stolen kisses while the muted tones of traffic blends into the background."

Cynthia Rodriguez writes love, creating vivid images, crashing souls, and a sensory overload of "the feels."

Emerson, my quiet soul. She's lost. On a collision course to find herself. A real woman with emotions that will very well trigger the same inside of you. A woman whose been burned by a past relationship and left in the flames of heartache.

Maddox is a high and low kinda guy.
H.B. Stumbo
Mar 11, 2016 H.B. Stumbo rated it really liked it
Okay, so I'm going to start this review by saying that this was a different side of the author that I thoroughly enjoyed. Her previous works aren't as romantically involved as this, and it was a fresh take on a tale of love, loss, and discovering the beauty in yourself.
I don't do spoilers, but I'll spoil this for you; Maddox will ruin any man for you.
DAYUM MADDOX. Day-um.
This story will take you on a trip through NYC and the music industry. It will also take you on a trip through one woman's out
Melanie
Apr 29, 2016 Melanie rated it liked it
Melanie's Review

The Sound of Serendipity is my first Cynthia Rodriguez book and what I’ve come out with is the appreciation for how beautifully she writes. Emerson and Maddox’s love story had a quiet disposition about it, yet the author’s words made me see the intensity behind the calm. As beautiful as the words written across the pages were, I’m going to be very honest and say that it took me quite a while to get through this book. I didn’t feel a sense of urgency to flip through the pages like
LisaReadsAlot
Mar 30, 2016 LisaReadsAlot rated it really liked it
Beautifully written. I laughed, cried, and swooned all over this book. Honestly, I didn't want it to end. Well done Cynthia, well done. <3
Laurie Breitsprecher
Mar 15, 2016 Laurie Breitsprecher rated it it was amazing
This book went above and beyond all of my expectations! It is written so damn well. I was literally hooked from the opening paragraph! Emerson and Maddox are PERFECTION! I am so excited for everyone to read this! A DEFINITE MUST READ!
Jessi Elliott (Living Within Fiction)
First off, I just need to say this: I am not a fan of roller coasters. Actually, I hate them. A lot. However, The Sound of Serendipity was the craziest, most epic roller coaster ever, and I never wanted to get off.

From the moment Emerson and Maddox shared that first cab ride I very quickly realized I was in for something amazing.

Emerson was such a strong female character. Her insecurities were relatable, and her fears made me connect to her as a reader.

Maddox was so fucking smooth. Majorly swoon
Tarah Hodges-Wilkins
“Fuck love at first sight. Fuck lust. Fuck it all. It pales in comparison to what we have…”

Damn.
Cynthia Rodriguez has went and knocked it out of the park AGAIN! Her writing is truly remarkable. Every single thing about this story was spell binding.
It was such a thrilling story with such real raw emotions!
Emerson... Bless her heart. I loved her so, Just seeing how her mind works and hearing her story, really pulled at my heart and made me love her more and more.
Maddox.... I hate him and I love
R A Mathai
Apr 18, 2016 R A Mathai rated it it was amazing
Shelves: april-2016
My first Cynthia A.Rodriguez read and I loved it.This book cover caught my attention first followed by it's unique title.It's rare to find characters like Emerson.I'm a bit like her I think.Hence,her character appealed to me more than I thought it would.Lots of beautiful lines to love.Loved Cynthia's writing.Things do take a different turn.Never mind,that epilogue itself is perfect ending!
Ann
Apr 15, 2016 Ann rated it really liked it
Loved this book so much! Sweet, fun, frustrating and of course some tears. A perfect mix of everything.

After reading Crashing Souls I loved this sweeter side of Cynthia and the writing is absolutely beautiful as always.
Emerson and Maddox. None of them perfect but perfect for each other. Loved Emersons character so much. Real and relatable. Maddox was just swoooon and I think I need a book about Hollis :)
This is a must read!!

"To the untrained eye, you're cold and quiet, but I know your warmth a
Einstene Danica Lastimosa
May 11, 2016 Einstene Danica Lastimosa rated it it was amazing

The beginning is supposed to draw you in.

And yes, I'm drawn!!!

Emerson is just a typical girl. She wants a romantic story, a love that's defined by fate. She wants it all. (Yeah yeah hopeless romantic. I love romance hahahah WHO WOULDN'T?!!!!!)

Just like Emerson, who will sit in a park and observe others, I also love to watch people. I love to listen to convos of different group of friends or friends, or lovers.. Name it all.

When I was on my first year in college, I commute all the way from hom
Theory Of A Dreamer
Apr 28, 2016 Theory Of A Dreamer rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC from Southern Belle Promotions in exchange for an honest review*

Thank you so very much Southern Belle Promotions for sending me an ARC of this book! I am so very honored and grateful!! :)

5 Beautiful and Outstanding Stars!!

I was so anxious to read this story and it did NOT disappoint!! It was so beautiful and the emphasis on how trying to hide from the world never really works struck my heart in such a sweet way. To say i love music would be an understatement, it's pretty
Jackie Wright
Apr 28, 2016 Jackie Wright rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review
This author is new to me and this book blew me away. It was a beautifully written rollercoaster that I didn't want to get off.
Emmerson is a woman who's had her heart broken, she is destined to take over her fathers recording company which is the last thing she wants, all she wants to do is listen to the music without to many words being spoken. She spends all her spare time in Central Park watching the world go by and mostly watching Maddox, what she didn't know was Maddox was going
Amy  Crull
Apr 26, 2016 Amy Crull rated it it was amazing
This book is so beautiful. You get to bear witness to a sad, hurt lost girl making herself a strong, determined woman with the power of love. With love, she is able to heal in so many ways and pursue her dreams. She doesn't have it easy and has to work at it in private. Emerson is such an inspiring character. She's been hurt in the past, has a workaholic father who has only one thing on his mind and still grieving her mom's death. She sits in the park to people watch and reflect on her life. One ...more
Unofficial Book Club
Apr 15, 2016 Unofficial Book Club rated it it was amazing
The Sound of Serendipity first caught my eye when the cover reveal popped up in my Facebook newsfeed. Eye-catchingly gorgeous, I could immediately envision it nestled in happily among the other paperbacks on my shelf. So I moved on to checking out the synopsis and I went from interested to needing to read the book RIGHT. NOW! But then I started to get a bit worried because if you have a cover and blurb that amazing, you’re really getting your hopes up and surely you won’t hit the trifecta and ge ...more
We like it big book blog
Melanie's Review

Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
The Sound of Serendipity is a great book for a lazy, rainy day. It’s the kind of romance that you want to be able to sit and devour in one sitting. The author pulled me in from the very beginning and I could not quit until I had finished the book.

Emerson guards her heart after a relationship that ended badly. She is set to take over her father’s company, but doesn’t really want it. What she wants is to be a music producer in the company, not to run it. She watches the world go by in Central Park
Sheri
Apr 24, 2016 Sheri rated it really liked it
This was the first time I have read and reviewed a book by Cynthia Rodriguez and I was pleasantly surprised. Let me start out by saying that this book isn't something I would topically review but it brought a refreshing vibe to my Kindle Library.

The story start out with Emerson Kingsley, wallflower, introvert and daughter of CEO of Kingsley records. But what many don't know is that Emerson is somewhat of a toured soul. Ever since her mothers passing, she has slowly fell within herself and only l
Samantha Schwerin
May 24, 2016 Samantha Schwerin rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, 2-stars
I so wanted to like this book more. It is beautifully written. Sadly, DNF at 77%.

The issue with this book for me, was how much I disliked the main character, Emerson. I actually went back and forth on relating to her to really wanting to strangle her. I related to her awkwardness in meeting new people. In her contentment in listening rather than talking. On the flip side of that- I HATED how she never spoke up!!! It drove me crazy that she didn't tell her dad where her true passion was. That sh
  • Abstract Love
  • Husbands On Horseback: Paper Husband / Bride in Waiting (ncludes: Long, Tall Texans, #15)
  • Three Loving Words
  • Cinderfella
  • The Light House
  • Stay With Me
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Find You in Paris (La Bohème - The Darcy Brothers, #1)
  • Anything but Minor
  • Park and Violet
  • Songbird
  • The Marriage Agenda
  • Stormswept
  • True Love Way
  • Blood to Dust
  • Beautiful Dangerous
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Obsessed
8201633
Cynthia A. Rodriguez hates writing her own bio. In her down-time, you can find her watching movies, ranging anywhere from classic movies to action flicks (she has a weakness for Marvel adaptations), and reading steamy novels. She is stationed in North Carolina, where she lives with her husband and their Miniature Pinscher, Winnie (as in Pooh).

She loves hearing from her readers! You can reach Cynth
More about Cynthia A. Rodriguez...

“Want to know how I know I'm happy?
Everything before is fading [He smiles and it hurts so good] That's how I know it's real.When I can't remember a past before you and I fear a future without you.”
2 likes
“Maybe I didn't love you at first sight the way you always dreamed.But...I saw you and I wanted to know you.I knew you and I wanted to love you.I love you...and now I want to never be without you.All you've ever wanted was to experience things.Experience this with me.Feel what it's like for me to love you and love me just as fiercely.” 2 likes