Start by marking “Prom Queen Perfect” as Want to Read:
Prom Queen Perfect

Prom Queen Perfect

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  152 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
Being perfect isn’t supposed to be this hard.

Alex dela Cruz has it all. Looks, money, and a killer sense of style.

When the annoyingly gorgeous Adam Cordero calls her selfish, she decides to prove him wrong by transforming Christy Marquez from an invisible misfit into a ruling princess of Asia Pacific Academy. Great hair? Check. Flawless red lipstick? Check. Instant popul
Published July 7th 2016 by Clarisse David

To ask other readers questions about Prom Queen Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prom Queen Perfect

Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Prom Queen Perfect is my second read about childhood friends-enemy-rivals-to-lovers this week. It's not a secret this is my favorite trope and David delivered everything.

I don't make a habit of comparing Addicted series to other books, but essentially the pairing is quite Connor and Rose from Addicted series ala their high shool-prep days. But, even better because this is about nonwhite Filipino characters. Mini review to come.
mith
you can read my review HERE as well!

Prom Queen Perfect was a short, lighthearted romance and it was super adorable and fun.

The main character, Alex, is the Queen (tm) at her high school. But when her nemesis, Adam, calls her selfish, Alex goes out of her way to prove him wrong. So she transforms a student she sees bullied into becoming, well. Basically like Alex. It ends up working too well because now they're both in the running for Prom Queen and Alex is at stake of losing it. To make matters
Tasha
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, novella
This was a fun read. I really enjoyed the rivals-to-lovers trope in this and the banter was fantastic.
Alex started off as an unlikable character but she went through some nice character development.
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ahhh I wish this had been longer. I adore both Alex and Adam, and would have loved more scenes of the two of them! And the friendship between Christy and Alex was great, I could've used more scenes there as well. If you're looking for a cute high school read, I would definitely recommend this one.
Laura (bbliophile)
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so much fun!
Kristy Mauna
"This was the problem with tearing my walls down, cutting the barbed wire that surrounded my heart, and letting people come close. They saw who I really was, and they never liked the real me."

Alex dela Cruz runs Asia Pacific Academy and there's no doubt that she will be crowned prom queen, just like her mother and sister were. Even with the odds in her favor, Alex is willing to do anything to win the title. Alex is incredibly feisty and confident, sure she's a little selfish when we first meet
alexis
Prom Queen Perfect was short and sweet.

If you are looking for a quick, modern Austen fix, this will be perfect for you. I really have nothing bad to say about Prom Queen Perfect. It had all my favorite tropes from enemies to lovers, known you for years, and loved you for years. The one thing I wish was that it was a full length novel. I could read 382749018029 pages about Alex dela Cruz and Adam Cordero.
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg this was such a perfect read for someone like me since I'm such a sucker for love-hate romance!!!!! ADAM CORDERO = BAE!!!!!! <3333
M. Hollis
"So, this was what liking someone so much you wanted to trace their face with your fingers until your skin had it memorized was like? I wanted no part of it."

Prom Queen Perfect is the perfect novella for people who like to read about mean and popular girls. I'm so glad this was my introduction to Clarisse's wonderful writing. It's no news that I'm completely in love with the coldest, unlikeable heroines. Alex is a real queen in my heart.

This is a short book that in just a few pages brings a real
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)

This book was adorable but so short and like I'm mad about that!!! I have so many thoughts but they are mostly spoilery thoughts so I won't share because everyone should read this book to meet Adam and Alex, she is the best and he is totally adorable *heart eyes forever*
A Leisure Moment
description

I’ve been following this book for some time, mainly because it sounded like a super cute story and something that I would definitely enjoy reading. If you’re looking for a light read to help you escape for an easy afternoon, Prom Queen Perfect does just the trick. Imagine yourself on the beach with a short read and a tropical drink, smelling of sunscreen and sunshine and washing away your problems with the salt water and the troubles of Alex dela Cruz.

Read the rest of the review!

description
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review copy provided for a blog tour hosted by Bookish Diaries Book Tours. Thank you!

Finished in less than an hour or two but made me feel lots of emotions. I loved it! I may have known what would happen from the first few paragraphs but still I liked how the story unfolded and the various smiles and almost tears I got from it. Review to be posted on the blog.
charlotte
this was cute if too short so the plot got kinda squished and didnt always flow right
Jacky
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

Cute, but the protagonist is very unlikable
Moriah
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

**I received this book in exchange for an honest review**

leenahreads
Prom Queen Perfect is like the cutest shortest read ever. I was so invested in it and enjoying it so much that I pulled through my motion-sickness and kept reading on the bus even as I got dizzy and almost threw up (stupid of me and definitely won't be happening again). But honestly, I just really enjoyed this.

Alex was the kind of protagonist you couldn't help but love even though she had her annoying moments, you sort of understood where she was coming from. She's rich and spoiled and privilege
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Prom Queen Perfect was just my cup of tea. It is a novella about Alex dela Cruz, queen Bee of her high school, and her journey to get the crown for Prom Queen. In the process she banters with her childhood friend and president of the student council, Adam Cordero; she befriends Christy and actually realizes that she might not have so many friends; learns a little more about herself and tries to be a better person.

This book is so adorable, the ship is glorious and perfect. They go to this rich k
Jam Macmac
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: Heartscent Reads

Prom Queen Perfect is a story about transformation, forgiveness, love and everything that concerns high school's highlight events. Outcast among the batch? Check! Annoying student leaders? Check! Best friend you thought would never betray you? Check! Prom? One big, bold check!

This is a short-story one compared to the usual 300 pages YA books so i'd leave the summary out. The synopsis just did it for you. Going back, the book is fast-paced but
Sana
Like almost always, my main issue with novellas is that it'd have been better if longer because I felt it didn't flow as smoothly as I'd hoped. Still, an enjoyable read and I really enjoyed the Alex and Adam back and forth. A slight bit repetitive at times with all that comparison of real life to movies and the girls hating on girls but having no problem with being perfectly friendly with boys. The epilogue was fun.
emma
I LOVE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK. The characters are great and well-written, the plot is fast moving, and the relationships (both platonic and romantic) are the best part of this book, well fleshed out that you can't help but be invested in. I love how Alex's character developed even though the story was short. Which is my only problem with this book, its too short!!! Please give me 5 more!
Keya
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Read!

Really enjoyed this! It was a cute short read. I do wish it was longer though. And that there were more Adam and Alex moments. The moments they did share were so freakin' cute!
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I highly appreciated this book for featuring an unlikable heroine who grows into a better person and learns from her mistakes, while showcasing a lot of the traits of a teenager which we, after growing up, would think are rather annoying and vain. I think it's important show the vanity and heartache and all those things that we often fell into as teenagers, and even as adults, although we would all like to think that we are better than that. I enjoyed the romance too, which was very sweet and sh ...more
Hannah
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very quick, cute and extremely fun read. My only complaint is that it wasn't longer, because I adored Alex and Adam and rooted for them the whole time
Astrid
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer17
it was so cute but so short
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Boricuan Bookworms- Book Reviews.

Prom Queen Perfect is a short novella-length book with a trope that I personally adore: enemies to lovers.
“This whole thing started when Adam called me selfish, and like most selfish people, that made me want to prove him wrong.”

Alexandra dela Cruz is our protagonist, and at first she can seem a bit… unlikable. Her personality comes off as self-absorbed or the dreaded mean-girl cliche we see in a lot of movies. However that quickly changes once we get to
Elisha
This little book was a breath of fresh air and just what I needed. It's so short that you can read it in an hour or less, but it has plenty packed into it - a very complex, flawed, and yet sympathetic main character, a beautiful budding friendship, some exploration of familial expectations, and, of course, an excellent romance. At times, Prom Queen Perfect feels a little rushed or underdeveloped because it tries to do so much in so few pages, but when it's at its best it is SO GOOD that that rea ...more
Emma
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo anna_zps193f4f84.png

Originally posted on my blog, Books Forget Me Knot.

Prom Queen Perfect was everything I needed in an incredibly sweet and short (to my utter dismay) story about childhood friends turned high school frenemies/sweethearts. I plunged into this novel blindly; not really knowing or expecting how I’d feel. At the end, I felt a WHOLE LOT FOR ALEX AND ADAM.

Alex dela Cruz is that popular girl in high school that everyone hates but wishes to secretly be. She rules Asia Pacific Academy with an iron fist; n
Mish
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Another book by a Filipino author ❤

This is a short book with less than a hundred pages. I am actually expecting a different story but I liked what the author has in store for her readers. There are some usual tropes but she tried to make it different from other books.
Ysa Arcangel
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fil-authors
This coming-of-age story tackles the topic of a highschool girl who aspires to be a prom queen and how to handle the pressures that come with it.

The student council is now in preparation for the Prom, apparently the most important event in the school, specially for Alex Dela Cruz. Alex is feeling the pressure of becoming the prom queen since her mother and sister became one. But along the way she'll realize that being a prom queen is not what she wants to become anymore.

I like the cute banter be
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Clarisse David is a Young Adult and New Adult author from the land of epic heat waves a.k.a. the Philippines. She graduated with a bachelor of arts in Literature, and cannot survive without red lipstick and books. When not hanging out on Twitter, she can be found working on her latest writing project.

You can find her on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook. You can also send her an email at clarisseda
More about Clarisse David

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)