Start by marking “Prom Queen Perfect” as Want to Read:
Prom Queen Perfect

Prom Queen Perfect

Being perfect isn’t supposed to be this hard.

Alex dela Cruz has it all. Looks, money, and a killer sense of style.

When the annoyingly gorgeous Adam Cordero calls her selfish, she decides to prove him wrong by transforming Christy Marquez from an invisible misfit into a ruling princess of Asia Pacific Academy. Great hair? Check. Flawless red lipstick? Check. Instan
Published July 7th 2016 by Clarisse David

To ask other readers questions about Prom Queen Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prom Queen Perfect

The Girl from the Well by Rin ChupecoThe Star-Touched Queen by Roshani ChokshiKeeping the Distance by Clarisse DavidDare To Love by C.P. SantiWhat About Today by Dawn Lanuza
Filipino authors
104 books — 8 voters
Beginner's Guide by Six de los ReyesIf The Dress Fits by Carla de GuzmanThe Kitchen When it Sizzles by Chrissie PeriaSongs to Make You Stay by Jay E. TriaGhost of a Feeling by Celestine Trinidad
romanceclass
105 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Prom Queen Perfect
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Prom Queen Perfect is my second read about childhood friends-enemy-rivals-to-lovers this week. It's not a secret this is my favorite trope and David delivered everything.

I don't make a habit of comparing Addicted series to other books, but essentially the pairing is quite Connor and Rose from Addicted series ala their high shool-prep days. But, even better because this is about nonwhite Filipino characters. Mini review to come.
mith
you can read my review HERE as well!

Prom Queen Perfect was a short, lighthearted romance and it was super adorable and fun.

The main character, Alex, is the Queen (tm) at her high school. But when her nemesis, Adam, calls her selfish, Alex goes out of her way to prove him wrong. So she transforms a student she sees bullied into becoming, well. Basically like Alex. It ends up working too well because now they're both in the running for Prom Queen and Alex is at stake of losing it. To make m/>Prom
Tasha
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, novella
This was a fun read. I really enjoyed the rivals-to-lovers trope in this and the banter was fantastic.
Alex started off as an unlikable character but she went through some nice character development.
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ahhh I wish this had been longer. I adore both Alex and Adam, and would have loved more scenes of the two of them! And the friendship between Christy and Alex was great, I could've used more scenes there as well. If you're looking for a cute high school read, I would definitely recommend this one.
Laura (bbliophile)
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so much fun!
Kristy Mauna
"This was the problem with tearing my walls down, cutting the barbed wire that surrounded my heart, and letting people come close. They saw who I really was, and they never liked the real me."

Alex dela Cruz runs Asia Pacific Academy and there's no doubt that she will be crowned prom queen, just like her mother and sister were. Even with the odds in her favor, Alex is willing to do anything to win the title. Alex is incredibly feisty and confident, sure she's a little selfish when we first meet her
alexis
Prom Queen Perfect was short and sweet.

If you are looking for a quick, modern Austen fix, this will be perfect for you. I really have nothing bad to say about Prom Queen Perfect. It had all my favorite tropes from enemies to lovers, known you for years, and loved you for years. The one thing I wish was that it was a full length novel. I could read 382749018029 pages about Alex dela Cruz and Adam Cordero.
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg this was such a perfect read for someone like me since I'm such a sucker for love-hate romance!!!!! ADAM CORDERO = BAE!!!!!! <3333
M. Hollis
"So, this was what liking someone so much you wanted to trace their face with your fingers until your skin had it memorized was like? I wanted no part of it."

Prom Queen Perfect is the perfect novella for people who like to read about mean and popular girls. I'm so glad this was my introduction to Clarisse's wonderful writing. It's no news that I'm completely in love with the coldest, unlikeable heroines. Alex is a real queen in my heart.

This is a short book that in just a few pa
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)

This book was adorable but so short and like I'm mad about that!!! I have so many thoughts but they are mostly spoilery thoughts so I won't share because everyone should read this book to meet Adam and Alex, she is the best and he is totally adorable *heart eyes forever*
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Prom Queen Perfect was just my cup of tea. It is a novella about Alex dela Cruz, queen Bee of her high school, and her journey to get the crown for Prom Queen. In the process she banters with her childhood friend and president of the student council, Adam Cordero; she befriends Christy and actually realizes that she might not have so many friends; learns a little more about herself and tries to be a better person.

This book is so adorable, the ship is glorious and perfect. They go to this rich kids sch
A Leisure Moment
description

I’ve been following this book for some time, mainly because it sounded like a super cute story and something that I would definitely enjoy reading. If you’re looking for a light read to help you escape for an easy afternoon, Prom Queen Perfect does just the trick. Imagine yourself on the beach with a short read and a tropical drink, smelling of sunscreen and sunshine and washing away your problems with the salt water and the troubles of Alex dela Cruz.

description

Read the rest of the review!

description
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review copy provided for a blog tour hosted by Bookish Diaries Book Tours. Thank you!

Finished in less than an hour or two but made me feel lots of emotions. I loved it! I may have known what would happen from the first few paragraphs but still I liked how the story unfolded and the various smiles and almost tears I got from it. Review to be posted on the blog.
c,
Rep: Filipinx characters

this was cute if too short so the plot got kinda squished and didnt always flow right
Jacky
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

Cute, but the protagonist is very unlikable
Moriah
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

**I received this book in exchange for an honest review**

leenahreads
Prom Queen Perfect is like the cutest shortest read ever. I was so invested in it and enjoying it so much that I pulled through my motion-sickness and kept reading on the bus even as I got dizzy and almost threw up (stupid of me and definitely won't be happening again). But honestly, I just really enjoyed this.

Alex was the kind of protagonist you couldn't help but love even though she had her annoying moments, you sort of understood where she was coming from. She's rich and spoiled a
Jam Macmac
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: Heartscent Reads

Prom Queen Perfect is a story about transformation, forgiveness, love and everything that concerns high school's highlight events. Outcast among the batch? Check! Annoying student leaders? Check! Best friend you thought would never betray you? Check! Prom? One big, bold check!

This is a short-story one compared to the usual 300 pages YA books so i'd leave the summary out. The synopsis just did it for you. Going bac
emma
I LOVE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK. The characters are great and well-written, the plot is fast moving, and the relationships (both platonic and romantic) are the best part of this book, well fleshed out that you can't help but be invested in. I love how Alex's character developed even though the story was short. Which is my only problem with this book, its too short!!! Please give me 5 more!
Sana
Like almost always, my main issue with novellas is that it'd have been better if longer because I felt it didn't flow as smoothly as I'd hoped. Still, an enjoyable read and I really enjoyed the Alex and Adam back and forth. A slight bit repetitive at times with all that comparison of real life to movies and the girls hating on girls but having no problem with being perfectly friendly with boys. The epilogue was fun.
Keya
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Read!

Really enjoyed this! It was a cute short read. I do wish it was longer though. And that there were more Adam and Alex moments. The moments they did share were so freakin' cute!
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I highly appreciated this book for featuring an unlikable heroine who grows into a better person and learns from her mistakes, while showcasing a lot of the traits of a teenager which we, after growing up, would think are rather annoying and vain. I think it's important show the vanity and heartache and all those things that we often fell into as teenagers, and even as adults, although we would all like to think that we are better than that. I enjoyed the romance too, which was very sweet and sh ...more
Hannah
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very quick, cute and extremely fun read. My only complaint is that it wasn't longer, because I adored Alex and Adam and rooted for them the whole time
Astrid
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer17
it was so cute but so short
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Boricuan Bookworms- Book Reviews.

Prom Queen Perfect is a short novella-length book with a trope that I personally adore: enemies to lovers.
“This whole thing started when Adam called me selfish, and like most selfish people, that made me want to prove him wrong.”

Alexandra dela Cruz is our protagonist, and at first she can seem a bit… unlikable. Her personality comes off as self-absorbed or the dreaded mean-girl cliche we see in a lot of movies. However that quickly changes once we get to know her and find out about her person/>
Elisha
This little book was a breath of fresh air and just what I needed. It's so short that you can read it in an hour or less, but it has plenty packed into it - a very complex, flawed, and yet sympathetic main character, a beautiful budding friendship, some exploration of familial expectations, and, of course, an excellent romance. At times, Prom Queen Perfect feels a little rushed or underdeveloped because it tries to do so much in so few pages, but when it's at its best it is SO GOOD that that rea ...more
Addy
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo anna_zps193f4f84.png

Originally posted on my blog, Books Forget Me Knot.

Prom Queen Perfect was everything I needed in an incredibly sweet and short (to my utter dismay) story about childhood friends turned high school frenemies/sweethearts. I plunged into this novel blindly; not really knowing or expecting how I’d feel. At the end, I felt a WHOLE LOT FOR ALEX AND ADAM.

Alex dela Cruz is that popular girl in high school that everyone hates but wishes to secretly be. She rules Asia Pacific Academy with an iron fist; no one dares to undermineKnot.
Prom
Mish
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Another book by a Filipino author ❤

This is a short book with less than a hundred pages. I am actually expecting a different story but I liked what the author has in store for her readers. There are some usual tropes but she tried to make it different from other books.
Allie (alliewithbooks)
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-faves
This was such a sweet novella! I was expecting something light and quick and fun, and that's exactly what I got and more. It's definitely a mix between Gossip Girl and quintessential teen rom-coms, with the feeling of Jenny Han's To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

Prom Queen Perfect follows Alexandra dela Cruz (I was so excited to find that we share a first name!!) and she is the most popular girl in her school and is currently in the running to win the coveted title of prom queen. Bu
Ysa Arcangel
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fil-authors
This coming-of-age story tackles the topic of a highschool girl who aspires to be a prom queen and how to handle the pressures that come with it.

The student council is now in preparation for the Prom, apparently the most important event in the school, specially for Alex Dela Cruz. Alex is feeling the pressure of becoming the prom queen since her mother and sister became one. But along the way she'll realize that being a prom queen is not what she wants to become anymore.

I
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Queen's Game
  • Better At Weddings Than You (Chic Manila, #9)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Young Avengers, Volume 1: Style > Substance
  • Act Like It (London Celebrities, #1)
  • About Last Night
  • Young Avengers, Volume 2: Alternative Culture
  • The Stand-In Boyfriend (Grove Valley High, #1)
  • Catching Caroline
  • Studly Period (The Ivy Years, #5.5)
  • The Shameless Hour (The Ivy Years, #4)
  • The Reunion (Brides of Beadwell #1)
  • The Unleashing (Call of Crows, #1)
  • A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #4.5)
  • Knit One, Girl Two
  • If I'm Being Honest
  • Midnight Encounters
Clarisse David is a Young Adult and New Adult author from the land of epic heat waves a.k.a. the Philippines. She graduated with a bachelor of arts in Literature, and cannot survive without red lipstick and books. When not hanging out on Twitter, she can be found working on her latest writing project.

You can find her on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook. You can also send her an email a