Start by marking “Ashes To Ashes (Ministry of Curiosities, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ashes To Ashes (Ministry of Curiosities, #5)

Ashes To Ashes (The Ministry of Curiosities #5)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  1,387 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
With Charlie gone, Lincoln finds that Lichfield Towers offers no sanctuary. With reminders of her at every turn, and employees threatening to mutiny, he must try to find the murderer who is killing supernaturals on his own. Another victim leads to further leads, but is Lincoln too distracted to work efficiently?
Published April 2016

To ask other readers questions about Ashes To Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashes To Ashes

Kayla
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it

CHARACTERS- so this book, we had no Charlie . This book was told from Lincoln, which I love Lincoln but I didn't really like the book being told by him. I would have preferred it being tol
Emma
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok. I have to say I feel a bit cheated in this book. I was well entrenched in the story at 70% on kindle, when it abruptly ended. The other 30% was the first chapter of a new series by the author! The story picks up with everyone more or less pining for Charlie. I felt like I was pining for Charlie too.
Archer has established a charming set of characters in Lincoln and his household and they are all held together by Charlie, so I’m looking forward to getting her back (presumably) in the next book
Nicklein Mae
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've lost count on how many times I pulled my hair because of Lincoln's stubborness. I miss Charlie so bad. *nosedives into book 6*
Rose
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a short novella from Lincoln's point of view, that is set after Lincoln sends her away from Lichfield Park.
I actually really enjoyed this, which was surprising since I'm not usually a big fan of novellas. Nonetheless, it was great to finally gain a perspective into Lincoln's head and his opinions of the other characters, when in the previous books his thoughts have been so enigmatic.
In Ashes to Ashes, Lincoln continues the investigations to the serial murder of the paranormals and in
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
So this wasn't so bad. Normally I do not like novellas very well. I thought this one was fairly well done. Going into this I was really hoping that Lincoln spent some time regretting his decision to send Charlie away but he didn't. Rather, he was actually somewhat relieved - because despite his feelings for her, his life was less complicated without her in it. For selfish reasons he was kind of glad she was gone, despite the fact that he missed her terribly.

Okay, so this didn't really help ende
Witchmetal
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This book felt more like a novella. I didn't enjoy it as much as the others.
R.L. Hemlock
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Ashes To Ashes” is the fifth book in “The Ministry of Curiosities” series. It is also a bonus novella-length story, told entirely from Lincoln’s point of view. It is shorter than the rest of the books in the Ministry of Curiosities series. Fair warning that this series has some dark content and I would recommend it for mature audiences, preferably whom are not too squeamish.

Charlie is gone, and Lincoln finds that Lichfield Towers offers no sanctuary. With reminders of her at every turn, and emp
Elisa
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is marked as book 5 in the series, but it’s a novella — the price does reflect that (it’s cheaper than the full books) so it’s not like I felt ripped off or anything, but I don’t believe it contributes a whole lot to the overall story and I kind of wish I had skipped it.

It’s also written from Lincoln‘s viewpoint, and frankly I didn’t find him very likable here; I guess seeing him from Charlie’s viewpoint was much more flattering, because he is kind of odd, aggressive and neurotic.

The stor
Bree Verity
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I knew this was a novella going into it, so I wasn't concerned that it wasn't going to be full length. It was nice to get some perspective from Lincoln's side, however, he still remains quite enigmatic and, frankly, the most annoying hot-and-cold brooding irritating man I've ever known!!
SPOILERS!!
Thankfully, by the end, he has realised the error of his ways in sending Charlie away, so the next book should be back to somewhat normal.
Also, Seth and Gus leaving because Lincoln wouldn't bring Charli
Giana Darling
I love the Ministry of Curiosities series! C.J. Archer is an amazing story-teller and Lincoln is the quintessential brooding, tall, dark and handsome hero. That said, I didn't love this installment of the series, because even though it was great to get Lincoln's perceptive and voice, I missed Charlie and the cliffhanger from the previous book overshadowed the entire plot of this one. Still, I cannot wait to see what has happened to Charlie in the next book!!!!
Louise
Aug 19, 2016 rated it liked it
This was like the filler episode in the middle of a series where you just want to get to the main plot, but you still have to sit through it in case you miss anything.
Lucie
Apr 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Tak tenhle díl nebyl nijak zvlášť zajímavý. Rozhodně preferuji díly z pohledu Charlie. To pak je aspoň trochu zábava.
Tiffany
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
A big "eff you" to you, Lincoln.
Helena
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have quite mixed feelings about this. Mostly I'm utterly irritated. Why? Let me tell you why.

First of all, this is a novella and not a novel. Nothing against novellas but this does not work. This is more like a half of a novel. It doesn't stand alone as a story. It needs more. The story that started in the previous books keeps going on this and it does go forward but not enough and I can't say this would be a full story. As I said, just a half of a story.

Then there's the cliffhanger in the en
V Myers
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun series

I am enjoying this series as a whole though not as much as the Watchmaker series - all the characters are well written and developed in that one. I have to admit that this book has been my favorite in the Ministry series so far primarily because Charlie isn't in it. I find her character too inconsistent, immature and annoying - I know she is young but she takes away from the story and the other characters. Still, the author has a way of keeping the story interesting enough that I want
Elizabeth
Too short

While I couldn't have put up with Fitzroy's moping and stubbornness for much longer, I still expect more length and substance from a novel. This felt like half the story. 2,5 stars
Lillybee
I am enjoying the series but the books are too expensive. They are a fairly short and could easily have fit into longer stories, not really worth the money to read all of them. I see there are nine so far, no idea if that is all of them or if there are more to come
Elizabeth Sirk
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

When is Charlie coming back, I will keep reading. Love her books I've almost read all of them want a good mystery read her books
margie jedrzejas
Keep reading

He has to realizes he needs her...She needs all of them. Must keep reading.! Evil is there for sure!! Read n enjoy
Elizabeth
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5
Wendy
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ugh...a novella

I much prefer. A longer book, but if this is what it takes to find out what happened to Charlie, so be it! On to the next book!!
Donna
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not exactly from Lincoln's POV. Just follows him rather than Charlie. Not 1st person view.
Tina Miller
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Length more like a novella.
Glory
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
So we finally get to see into Lincoln point of view and it lost a star from me cos of it, I just prefer Charlie's voice throughout the books. It still a good & fast series that i'm really enjoying!!
Katarina  Martinez
A short insight into Lincoln’s head. I would love to see more from his perspective in later books in addition to Charlie’s .
Lync Lync
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cried.
Then raced onto the next one.
Allison
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a shorter read than the others as it is just Lincoln's story. Sending Charlie away has apparently caused no end of havoc in Lincoln's life and also driven away all the other people nearest to him.
Rebecca
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. Through so many of the previous books Lincoln's thought process had seemed opaque and often seemed to change on a dime. Now I feel as though I understand him better. Moreover, it was really important to see him starting to come apart and failing at his work without Charlie. I know a lot of other readers missed Charlie in this installment, but for me it was a necessary break combined with an important new perspective.
Chelaia Johnson
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I like how I got a front row seat to Lincolns thoughts and feelings. I wish the book was longer but it was a nice treat.
Rebecca
This book was a great way to change up the series giving it a new lease of life and giving readers more insight into characters that have been overlooked in previous books. In short I loved this book and found it a very refreshing book in the series and I can't wait to read more books in the series.

The main character in this book is Lincoln; since Charlotte is away at the school Lincoln sent her to the story continues but without Charlotte's POV focusing on Lincoln and the other boys at the hous
  • Legends of the Crypt (Molly Maddison #2)
  • Buffy: The High School Years - Freaks & Geeks (Buffy: The High School Years, #1)
  • Revolutionary Magic (The Dashkova Memoirs #1)
  • Hand of Miriam (Bayla and the Golem, #1)
  • Where the Carnies Are
  • Moonlands
  • A Fistful of Fire (A Madison Fox, #2)
  • The Hunter's Companion (Familiars, #1)
  • Kill it with Magic (The Lillim Callina Chronicles #1)
  • The Witch's Vampire (Mystery Springs #1)
  • The Curse Merchant (The Dark Choir #1)
  • Poison in the Blood
  • Affairs of the Dead (The Reanimation Files #1)
  • Grave Matters (Night Owls, #2)
  • Alice's Alphas (Wolf Clan Shifters #1)
  • Moon Tortured (Sky Brooks, #1)
  • The Darkest Tool
  • A Curse Unbroken (Weird Girls, #5)
C.J. Archer has loved history and books for as long as she can remember and feels fortunate that she found a way to combine the two. She spent her early childhood in the dramatic beauty of outback Queensland, Australia, but now lives in suburban Melbourne with her husband, two children and a mischievous black & white cat named Coco.

While she has written historical romance in the past, she now
More about C.J. Archer

The Ministry of Curiosities (10 books)
  • The Last Necromancer (The Ministry of Curiosities, #1)
  • Her Majesty's Necromancer (The Ministry of Curiosities, #2)
  • Beyond The Grave (The Ministry of Curiosities, #3)
  • Grave Expectations (Ministry of Curiosities, #4)
  • From The Ashes (The Ministry of Curiosities #6)
  • Of Fates And Phantoms (The Ministry of Curiosities, #7)
  • Veiled in Moonlight (The Ministry of Curiosities, #8)
  • Vow of Deception (The Ministry of Curiosities #9)
  • The Wisdom of Madness (Ministry of Curiosities, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)