Start by marking “Accidentally Me” as Want to Read:

Accidentally Me

WANTED: Pretend stalker. No experience required. Tall, dark, and quirky preferred. Sabrina is desperate to go to her dream college, but her parents want her to stay close to home. If she wants to maintain her perfect child image, Sabrina must break rules that even her rebel sister keeps...
Published August 1st 2016 by Sweetwater Books

To ask other readers questions about Accidentally Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidentally Me

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, clean
This is what I would call a coming of age story. It is YA and it is clean. It isn't really a romance but more of a young girl trying to find her way into adulthood.

Sabrina wants to go away to college, but her parents want her to stay close to home. Being the youngest child by quite a few years, and a surprise baby to boot, Sabrina feels like she has a lot to live up to. She struggles with her place in the family. She has watched her older siblings make mistakes and she tries her best to not mak
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Enter to win a copy through August 31st at Wishful Endings.

ACCIDENTALLY ME had such a quirky and interesting heroine with a great voice and an ending that was sweet and perfect for the story. Entertaining, humorous, heartbreaking, and sweet all mixed together. An enjoyable coming-of-age/leaving-for-college story for contemporary YA readers.

So I feel a little like I've been on a roller-coaster, which might be cliche, but was so true. There is this crazy (that word is a little too strong - she's r
Katie W
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, fun story! Told in first person, I felt like I was right there, experiencing the ups and downs and growing pains of Sabrina's life.

Sabrina needs a stalker as soon as possible in order to make her college dreams come true. Really? It seems far-fetched, but it totally works with Sabrina's personality--quirky, sweet, and fun. After trolling Facebook, she finds a former classmate and enlists his help. Sabrina strives to be the perfect child and person, since she feels she was a mistake,
Melanie
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sabrina wants to go away to college rather than stay close to home, but doesn't think her parents will let her go. She comes up with a plan to have someone stalk her so they will be willing to send her away. She finds the perfect guy but things don't go quite like she planned.

This was a quirky, fun book! It did seem ridiculous that the only plan Sabrina could come up to leave home was to create a stalker. It made perfect sense that this plan quickly spiraled out of control which resulted in lots
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Poor Sabrina gets herself into quite a mess in this quirky young adult/new adult novel. Granted, she doesn't have any experience standing up to her parents, and when her underhanded way of trying to manipulate them quickly gets out of control, she only ends up making things more complicated. She has an inner sassiness that is fighting its way out, but manifests in whining and bickering with her sister. She is a little self-absorbed as most 18 year olds are I'm sure, but as she is humbled by her ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Sabrina believes that her life is one big accident. She was an unplanned pregnancy, so she thinks that she was an unwelcome accident and that her parents don't care about her as much as her older brother and sister.

Sabrina has a goal in mind. She wants to go to CalTech. Her parents want her to stay close to home and go to school in Boise. In desperation she concocts a plan, she tells them she has a stalker and hopes that they will feel that she is unsafe in Idaho and let her go to California. Sh
Sydney
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The time from graduating high school and heading off to college can be a fun, but awkward time and Kim Karras has written a wonderful and entertaining story about this time period. This is a novel that teens will thoroughly enjoy. Kim will leave readers laughing throughout the entire book as mishap and disaster after mishap and disaster takes place. This story also is about realizing that you don’t have to be perfect to be loved. A great theme we all should remember. I would recommend this fanta ...more
Angie
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was delightful! I loved Sabrina from the first chapter and was willing to follow her anywhere her journey took her. This story had the perfect balance of the unexpected and met expectations. One of my favorite books this year!
Nicki Elson
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In one word, I'd call ACCIDENTALLY ME by Kim Karras delightful. In a lot of words...

Sabrina's the kind of quirky character I'm immediately drawn to. She's over-confident in some ways and so-not-confident in others. She's smart enough to have received a scholarship to the college of her dreams but dumb enough to think she can pull off a pretend stalker situation. She often comes across as younger than her 18 years, sometimes unbelievably so, but overall, I found her naivete refreshing.

The story
Merrijane
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-fiction, romance
It's been a long time since I've read straight through a book late into the night, but this gem took me completely by surprise. The themes are much deeper and more complex than most contemporary YA fiction, especially romance. In fact, it was less a romance and more a coming-of-age story of a young woman learning to embrace the scary, exhilarating possibilities of adulthood. It's funny, smart, crazy, fast-paced, full of the kinds of horrifyingly foolish behavior that infatuation inspires—and it ...more
Mindy
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Accidentally Me is very a funny and an all around great story that young people (and adults) can relate to and enjoy. The book is told from the point of view of Sabrina, who feels she is an "accident", so she is always trying to be the perfect daughter. I loved the life lessons in the story and the lesson of "things aren't always what you think they are". I appreciated all that Sabrina went through and smiled through lots of her adventures. Kim wrote Sabrina very well and I actually laughed out ...more
Connie
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The time between graduating high school and going off to college (or getting married ☺) can be paralyzing. It's time to be an adult. We want to be an adult. But it can be terrifying to take those first few steps into adulthood. That's what this story is. It's a coming of age story about naive, spunky Sabrina who is struggling to make that final advancement into maturation. The path she takes to get there is at times embarrassing but necessary and then, ultimately, gratifying. This is my favorite ...more
Erin
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
As usual, I liked this book better after discussing it with my book club friends. My first response was a fun, easy, fluff book. The book discussion questions at the back of the book helps the reader to see a little more depth to the novel.

Heidi
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Abby
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny-books
I received a digital copy of Accidentally Me from Cedar Fort Publishing in exchange for my honest review.

I loved this book! It is hilarious throughout, from its concept to Sabrina’s little quirks. I kept laughing the whole time I was reading it. But not only is it fun, it also makes you feel a full range of emotions. I really empathized with Sabrina and couldn’t wait to see where her story, and her family’s story, would go next.

To read more of my review, check out my blog, the Writing Worm, here
Shelly Brown
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Light and fun with just the right amount of wit. Clever plot and clever language with plenty of pop cultural references. Perfect beach read. I must admit that I loved the twisty ending.
Beth Rodgers
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
'Accidentally Me' by Kim Karras finds main character Sabrina desperate to find a way to leave home and go to college out west. The problem is that she feels there is no way her parents are going to let her go all the way to California. She considers herself an accident since she was born so long after her two other siblings, and since her sister and brother seem to take up much of her parents' attention and money, she doesn't think she stands a chance of getting out of her hometown unless she co ...more
Cara
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved Sabrina right from the first sentence! I loved the whole idea of the book. It was funny and cute and crazy. My teenage daughter also loved the book and read it in one day!
Mylissa Demeyere
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Accidentally Me is a book all about coming of age and learning all those hard lessons on that bumpy road.
Sabrina has always done everything the way she was expected to. She wants to prove to her parents that she isn’t the burden she fears she is, being the “accident child” that she thinks she is. So she works hard in school, and doesn’t make any waves.
When she is faced with the choice of her future college, her preference goes to Caltech, and not Boise State, the college her parents insist she g
Robyn Echols
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book surprised me. Written in first person with main character Sabrina freshly graduated from high school, I expected a healthy dose of teenage angst. However, this story dealt with a young woman probably too smart for her own good who goes about getting what she wants even if it means manipulating her parents and resorting to unscrupulous measures. She soon finds herself in deeper trouble than she ever thought she could be. Her challenge then becomes, what will she do about it?

Part of trou
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
By Kim Karras

Sabrina wants to go away to college ~ specifically Caltech. There's just one small problem ~ her parents are insisting she attend Boise State. But when you are yours parents midlife accident you have to be the perfect child.

And Sabrina has just come up with the perfect plan to convince her parents to let her go to Caltech ~ She's going to hire her very own stalker. Now she just has to find one...

Operation Stalker begins when she finds a former classmate who fits her i
Cathy
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sabrina...Sabrina...I loved Sabrina in this book. She's just graduated from high school and she's ready to go to college. Only her parents have decided that she needs to go to Boise State because it's close to their home and cheaper. The problem being Sabrina wants to go to Caltech. She knows it's perfect for her intended major. Since she knows there is no way her parents will agree to let her go where she wants, she decides to get a stalker so that they will see she's not safe at home and let ...more
Lisa Swinton
Aug 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Accidentally Me is my first read by Kim Karras.

It's a YA/New Adult coming of age story. Sabrina is off to her first year of college. But will it be Caltech (her dream) or Boise State (her parent's practical pick)?

Lots of family dynamics at play in the story. Getting into them would take too long to review, but they move the story forward. The pacing is consistent.

The story is clean with a youthful vibe. Sabrina is a bit shallow and self involved at the beginning, which made her slightly unlike
Stacey
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A lively vocabulary and creative style add to the humor and wit of Accidentally Me. Few of us will fail to identify with the desperation and determination of Sabrina, the novel’s main character, as she tries, only as a teenager can, to navigate the adult world and it’s important decisions. The quirky yet lovable characters and the compelling plot with it’s happy but surprise ending made for a one-sitting read for both my middle-school-aged daughter and me. A fun, laugh-out-loud read for adult an ...more
Jenny
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It took me right back to those years when I crossed over into adulthood. When learning that mistakes are part growing up and how we own up to them helps to determine the type of people we become. The characters in this book were very relatable. When I read about the main character, Sabrina's, first relationship I cringed with her at some of the things that she did while at the same time remembering exactly how it felt to fall for someone at that age. This was a such a fun and ...more
Nikki
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So many surprises in this book! If you think you know where it's going, you don't. Sabrina isn't the bravest girl when it comes to going after her dreams, but she thinks outside the box plenty. She's sweet, but doesn't know it yet. She's got drive, but little confidence. I found myself rooting for her to grow up and find the romance always just around the corner. Great for teens who love falling in love. :)
Kimberly Christenson
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is so fun and refreshing that I wanted to give Kim a big fat kiss after I read it.

Her fresh, witty voice hooked me instantly. the plot line is refreshingly unique, but with all of the elements I crave in a good story: Romance, humor, and a satisfying but unexpected ending.

I flew through the chapters because the writing was so smooth, natural and clever. So many one-liners had me laughing out loud.

I'm already impatiently waiting for Kim's next book.

Stacy
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a fun book to read. I was pulled in immediately by the characters and enjoyed all the family dynamics and thoughts and inner struggles the main character had. It made me giggle like a little girl in many spaces. I think this would be a fun book for anyone but a mother (daughter in high school) book club. Great parenting topics can be drawn out for some great parenting discussions. Very well written and entertaining. Loved it!
Ethan
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I got this book in a Goodreads Giveaway

The story was cute and original - but a little contrived. The narrator sounded like a teenager writing a college essay - which was realistic, considering that she was a teenager obsessed with being the person people expect her to be, but her voice could be grating at times.
Tarah
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
So, this book was a cute fast read....but it fell flat for me, and my inner teenager is sad. I'm not sure if I just didn't relate to Sabrina, or if I'm just not enjoying teen lit anymore. But Sabrina was not a character that I was able to rally behind. However, the writing was solid, and Sabrina as a character was well written, even if she didn't do anything for me.

• Pretty in Punxsutawney
  • Perfectly Misunderstood (The Perfect Series Book 4)
  • Life After Juliet
  • Trouble in Paradise
  • Shatter
  • The Skeleton in My Closet Wears a Wedding Dress
  • Where Shadows Dwell
  • Altar-Ed Plans
  • Heartbreak Trail (Circle C Milestones #2)
  • Untitled
  • The Rose and the Briar (Faraway Castle, #3)
  • Double Play
  • A Longtime -and at one point illegal- Crush
  • Between Before and After
  • Love and Fat-Free Cheese
  • The Hive
  • Born to Treason
  • Losing the Ice (Ice #2)