Start by marking “More Than Everything (Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
More Than Everything (Family, #3)

More Than Everything

(Family #3)

Length: 7 hrs and 46 mins

A Book in the Family Collection

Time might not heal all wounds, but with two motivated and strong-willed men on a campaign to win him back, Charlie will get more than he ever thought possible.

As a teenager, Charlie “Chase” Rhodes meets Scott Boone and falls head over heels in love with the popular, athletic boy next door. Charlie thinks he’s living
Audible Audio, 8 pages
Published February 23rd 2016 by The Romance Authors LLC (first published November 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Everything

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
CC is my go-to author for sexy, low-key romance. I’ve read nearly all of Cardeno’s book but picked up this one on Kindle Unlimited just this week.

I found the relationship between the three men, not to mention between Charlie and Scott, as well as Charlie and Adan, to be very superficial.

When Adan and Scott see Charlie again (this meeting felt entirely contrived), their first thought is that they want to fuck him. Both Adan and Scott are tops and not entirely compatible in the bedroom, while Ch
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Oh My! A m/m/m by Cardeno C. and I'm reading it! Hear me squeeeeee

4.5*

I don't think I'm giving away any secrets when I say I was really and I mean really looking forward to reading this one. I love ménage stories ( really really love them) and I have a soft spot for Cardeno C's books, so to say I was excited for this one, might be a huge understatement.

Anyway, back to the book, we have Charlie (“Chase”) Rhodes, he is unapologetically himself. He might be small in stature but he really does h
Adam
I've read both the preceding book, Strong Enough, and the next book, The Half of Us, and gave both of them 4 stars. Those books were perfect pick-me-ups - low-angst, funny, and sexy. I was sure that 'More Than Everything' would be a winner too. But this book was just barely two stars for me.

I had two main issues: Adan, and the last third.

Put simply, Adan is a douchebag. If he were straight, he would be a homophobe. As it is, I'd say he's a bit of a misogynist. He reminds readers many times that
Apeiron
Normally when I see a family story or an author who takes pride in always giving their characters a cozy HEA, or there's a "baby" anywhere in the building or they forgive each other all the--

I just don't. It's an instinct and it's never betrayed me. Just like publishers rejecting every manuscript that starts with "Aiden Smitherson stood on top of a hill and pondered his existence," I have a few hard rules to protect my delicate literary taste buds from unpalatable stories.

But occasionally (every
.Lili.
 photo image.jpg1_zpskx6j3glw.jpg

Sigh...

Cardeno C has once again managed to take me to my fluffy happy place. I haven't read many menage books and I did wonder of Cardeno would be able to pull it off, but I shouldn't have worried because she nailed it.

What I loved:

*I love how she broke down the story into three different sections: Charlie & Scotty, Charlie & Adan, and Scotty, Adan & Charlie. She gave us a glimpse into the dynamics of each relationship and why they worked.
*I love that their love story spanned almost
Wendy
 photo tumblr_magycoGkRJ1rsh3o7o1_500_zpsymaec9wn.gif

I didn't know what to expect going into this one, since threesomes make me a bit nervous, but this was better than I expected ;)

This book is divided in three parts.

The first part is about Charlie and his first love Scott. They start their relationship when they are still teenagers. But like most teenage lovers, they eventually drift apart, because Scott leaves to go live with his father and attend college in a different state. Leaving a heartbroken Charlie behind....
This part was very sweet a
Jenn
A mini plot recap behind spoiler: (view spoiler) ...more
BWT (Belen)
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cardeno fans / Menage fans
I liked it, a lot more than I thought I would, actually. Allow me to explain: it takes a really great storyteller to make me not only believe, but root for, a threesome. (Mostly because I spend a lot of time fantasizing thinking about the logistics.) Cardeno makes me believe this is absolutely not only possible, but that it makes total sense.

mmm

More Than Everything is actually three love stories in one. Charlie and Scott, Chase and Adan, and then, finally, Charlie, Scott and Adan.

Each third of th
Mercedes
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poly, mm-romance
3.5 Stars rounded up

I found this book a gentle and romantic MMM story that was not all about the sex. So if you like your MMM less about three bodies working together and three people coming together in a relationship you may like this story.

I liked this story just fine BUT I had a couple of issues with it that ultimately made me give it a lower rating than I would have. Just a quick recap of the story. The story is told from all three MCs POV at different points in time, although Charlie (Chase
Ele
**4.75 stars**

Review for the second edition.

I'm so happy I got the chance to write a proper review for this, which is one of my all time favorite books and the one that got me hooked on this author.

Every chapter begins with a photograph. Charlie is making a scrap-book and every photo holds a memory, which he narrates to the reader. I absolutely adore this storytelling device and it worked amazingly here.

The story is basically told in three parts. Keep in mind that for the third part, you will ha
Denise H.
*** This magnificent tale is about Charlie Chase Rhodes, ballet dancer...

We see his history unfold as he tells his life story while compiling his photo album, sort of. The storytelling is brilliant, the sex is smokin' and the life is absolutely engaging.
* While a youngster, Charlie met new neighbor, tall, athletic, gorgeous Scott, and he wanted a picture. He ends up in a pile of boxes at his feet.
With his golden blonde hair, and hazel eyes, Scott...

he was a dream come true for small, thin, b
BWT (Belen)
4.5 Stars

Belens Audio Book Review

There are some narrators who are bad, some who are okay, some who are good, and a few who are great. For me, Ezekiel Robison is great. I have consistently been impressed with his narrative skills.

It's just that he uses such great characters voices to draw me into the story. Then his narrative flow is so spot on and pitched so well that I am immediately immersed in the story. Listening to him is a real experience; one to be enjoyed and savored.

Robison is also particularly good at takin
Catherine
In her review, my girl Mish laid out her emotional response to this book. It went a little something like this:

First: Hopeful
Then: Happy
Then: Heartbroken
Then: Angry
Then: Resigned
Then: WTF?
Then: HEA

Somewhere before the "angry/resigned" period, I also came upon a level of acceptance and cautious hope, but other than that... my reactions were nearly identical.

This book was heavily in the 4.5 star territory until the clunkiest transition known to man took us all to Menage Town. I fully appreciate an
Debra
I absolutely adored this book. As with any Cardeno C I've read, it was just the ultimately sweet read I wanted, a good mix of humor, heartbreak and romance.

Charlie/Chase really is the star of this book. Although there are other POV's, his voice really sets the tone. He is unapologetically who he is, a bit flamboyant, snarky and honest. The two great loves in his life ultimately both let him down, but eventually fate brings them all back together again.

Scott, is his first love and although they
Crouck
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poly
**General Spoiler Warning**

I told myself this story could go one of two ways: Either Charlie's exes actively search him out as the needed third to their relationship, OR they to run into him unplanned, and due to that happenstance, they decide to go for him. I also told myself that if the second route happened, I would probably dislike this book intensely.

But, it did happen, and I didn't hate the book, so there you go.

Overall, there were just a few things that started to wear thin:

~Redundancy.
Susan
Oct 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm

If you’ve read the blurb you know when you start this book there will be 2 break ups. I don’t do break ups well. They weren’t overly angsty, but my heart still broke each time.

description

Most of this book is told by Charlie. I loved Charlie. He was sweet, he was so full of life and he loved with his whole being.

The first 40% consists of Charlie and Scott falling in love at 16. They are together until Scott moves away when they’re about 20.
I loved the relationship between Charlie and Scott. They we
Chelsea
4 Hearts!!

I love my polyamorous books and ‘More Than Everything’ delivered on a lot of the aspects I love about them, but before I get into the story I really want to talk about the narration.

Ezekiel Robison is AMAZING. I was so lost in the story because he was reading it to me. I haven’t been able to say this about an audiobook yet, but I don’t think I would have enjoyed that book nearly as much if it wasn’t in audio.

Ezekiel somehow manages to do voices for an effeminate man, a husky growly a
Deja Dei
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The writing is good enough that I enjoyed some of the story, and even enough I could forgive the very unlikely, if not impossible coincidence that reunites the characters. Its a story after all and I can get past a convenient if unrealistic plot device. But...

I really disliked Adan. When Charlie first meets him, he's a bossy judgmental A-hole who treats him like crap and uses him. Even in the start of the relationship, I couldn't understand what Charlie saw in him except he was young and stupid
Gina
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mmm-menage, favorites
This was an awesome book! Like TOOOOTALLY AWESOME! Another sure fire indicator that I am into a book is when I find myself yelling at my Kindle. Characters make me mad and/or hurt another character in the book I love, i take these actions as a personal insult and must be avenged!! And if yelling at my Kindle doesn’t help, I will contact a fellow reading obsessor (thanks again Macky Darling) and rant and huff at them.

This is a menage, and I love these stories. What was different about this one w
Jaime
5+ Stars for this story & Audiobook!! The story is hot, full of Feelz and lots of heat!!! Ezekial Robison does a PERFECT narration!!

love this book and audio is fucking brilliant
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, m-m
Had this on my kindle already...saw a recommend somewhere and goshhh read it three times in a row....

What can I say about the story.....I think the blurb says it all
What can I say about how i felt and what I thought while reading....
I read the last 40% five times....and the whole story three times.
Amazing read...excellent build up...wonderful written....funny, emotional and honest.
The pov's very well done!
A must read when you love m/m/m . It worked beautifully. I just loved it.

One tiny tiny thin
Macky
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Cardeno fans
Well Cardeno you've done it again, made me fall in love with a truckload of cuteness, cut through with just enough snarky humour and mild angsty conflict to give it a slightly sharper edge and therefore less chance of tooth cavities! To be fair though even though this has a CC stamp all over it I don't think it was quite as overly sweet as usual and the sex whilst still being hot and sexy didn't seem quite as frequent as in his past stories... Well I didn't think so anyway!

Didn't stop me from h
Lelyana
Phew ! That's really something else. But works for me somehow.
Between a heartwarming and pain, between love and hurts.
This is Charlie's story about his first love, his second love and both were disappointed him , hurt him, pained him, because love hurts.
I didn't mind about how he and Scott broke up, they're very young at the time, but I was kinda pissed at Adan.
He's homophobic, arrogant and denials. Aggh ! He made me wanna hit him on the face with chair for what he did to Charlie, and I was gl
Vanessa North
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, now, this was a nice middle-of-the-night read! I loved Charlie--apparently more than I love sleep because I read this between one and four in the morning in one sitting.

Charlie was the centerpiece of this book, and as a narrator he was delightful. I really enjoyed the way his relationships with both Scott and Adan unfolded and the way they were related.

For me, the moment when (view spoiler) felt a little slapstick meets deus ex ma
Nichole (DirrtyH)
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, mmm

This was a book told in three parts, each part worse than the one before.

The first part is the story of Charlie and Scott. This was the best part of the book. It was your classic high school flamboyant gay boy meets super hot jock with a heart of gold story, and it was sweet and low angst and pretty much perfect. I loved it, and that's what got me past the kindle sample and had me clicking to buy. I had never read Cardeno C before and was pleasantly surprised by her voice in that sectio
Nic
"Do you get how amazing that is? I mean, what are the odds? So it's unusual and a little complicated."

More Than Everything was such a refreshing take on the menage theme, both due to the structure of the book but also because of the interesting situation our main characters found themselves in.

It was a unique way of weaving the story with the chapter introductions and the telling had quite a personal feel with the author talking directly to the reader "So, WHAT do you think of Adan so far? Yeah,
Line
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
MAN OH MAN... I really really wanted to like this story, Charlie/Chase was freaking epic, and this book was so much fun! I laughed a lot and really thought Charlie/Chase was an awesome character.

But (view spoiler)
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
***audio review only***

I will admit, as a Cardeno C fan, this story is not my favorite (Adan could take a flying leap off a short pier). Ezekiel Robinson was able to make me forget that. He did such a wonderful job with the narration that I was engaged the entire time. I still hated Adan, but I was able to push beyond that. I have enjoyed all of narrations for this series. I can't wait to hear more collaborations of Cardeno and Ezekiel.
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
OK I absolutely adored this book! I was a little up and down got a little teary < yea i'm a freaking sap I know this> Couldn't decide who I wanted to hurt more. But in the end it was right it was beautiful and I loved them all.
Kristie
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet story... so sweet. Also, I was treated to a bit a unique way of story telling, but I'll get to that in a bit.

Chase. Charlie. No, Chase. No, Charlie. Chase/Charlie. He goes by both, you see. I'll just call him Charlie. Charlie is our story teller, for the most part. He's that snippy and protective friend of Daniel's. Daniel, from two books ago. Charlie is nice and kind, works hard to meet his dreams, is a fierce protector of those he loves. When he loves, he loves completely. Real
The Backlot Gay B...: Cardeno C More than Everything 1 18 Dec 29, 2013 04:21PM

• Not As Easy As It Looks
  • Playing for Keeps (Unshakable, #1)
  • Us Three (One Voice, #1)
  • The Strongest Shape
  • The Hot Floor
  • Tag Team (Guards of Folsom, #2)
  • Out of the Darkness (Dark Horse, #2)
  • Beyond Complicated
  • Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2)
  • By Any Other Name (By Any Other Name #1)
  • Three's Company
  • Sorting Out (Fitting In #2)
  • Broken Pieces (Broken Pieces, #1)
  • A Threefold Cord
  • Gilliflowers (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #4)
  • The Distance Between Us (The Distance Between Us, #1; Wilde's #2)
  • Second Chance Sam
  • Misfits (Urban Soul, #1)
Cardeno C. - CC to friends - is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into a reader's day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno's stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ev ...more

Family (4 books)
  • Something in the Way He Needs (Family, #1)
  • Strong Enough (Family, #2)
  • The Half of Us (Family, #4)
“La famiglia è una cosa buffa. I nostri genitori, i nostri fratelli, ci sono sempre, sapete? Ben radicati dentro di noi. Non ce li scegliamo, ci fanno arrabbiare e a volte ci sembra di non volerli. Ma abbiamo sempre, sempre bisogno di loro.” 0 likes
“Patrigni e matrigne, divorzio, litigi tra fratelli, problemi di soldi, lontananza. Famiglia. Tutto sommato, direi che sia Scott sia io abbiamo vinto alla lotteria in questo settore.” 0 likes