Start by marking “Winging It (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #3)” as Want to Read:
Winging It (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #3)

Winging It

(Corrigan Falls Raiders #3)

Natalie West and Toby Cooper were best friends growing up, on and off the ice. But when Toby’s hockey career took off, their friendship was left behind. Now Natalie has a crazy plan to land her crush—Toby’s biggest rival—and she needs Toby’s help to pull it off.

When Nat asks Toby to be her fake boyfriend, he can’t say no. Not when it means getting his best friend back. Bu
Published May 16th 2016 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about Winging It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winging It

Norah Una Sumner
So happy that I got to read the third book in the Corrigan Falls Raiders series!

I immensely enjoyed reading the previous two books, especially the second one – Winslow is my ultimate YA love. But this one was great as well. I absolutely loved Toby – he’s such a good character and an amazing guy! I love his #bromance with Winslow and Tyler, too. I loved it when my boys got all protective of each other. Nat is a cute girl but sadly, I couldn’t relate to her as much as I could to Karen and Claudia.
Suze Lavender
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nat and Toby used to be good friends. Unfortunately a lot of things have come between them and they've lost their easy friendship ever since Toby became a successful hockey player. That used to be Nat's dream, but there isn't a team for girls she can join. When Toby's cousin Scott is back in town Nat sees her chance to finally make him notice her. If Toby pretends to be her boyfriend Scott will go after her, like he does with everything Toby has. In her mind the plan is pretty solid, but in real ...more
Stephanie
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a quick, fairly cute read. It was a little more friends-to-love trope than fake-relationship, but since I like both of those, it was ok. I didn't really care for Natalie. I enjoyed the chapters from Toby more, but he fell a little short of being a character I could really love. Overall, it was a good palate-cleanser from all the more serious books I've been reading lately.
Emalie
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
~ Book provided by NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion

Winging It was freaking adorable. It made me swoon and laugh and I just flew through this book.

Winging It is appearently the third book in a series, but can be totally read as a stand-alone since that is what I did. I didn't even knew it was part of a series till I looked it up on Goodreads, but I will definitely read the other two books as well! I had so much fun with Winging It.

I saw someone compare this book to The Deal by Elle Ken
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
I wanted a cute and fun book, and that is exactly what I got with this book. This book made me laugh, swoon, say "awww", and so much more. Cameron continues to show that she knows how to write adorable YA romances.

I liked that characters from the other books were mentioned in this book, but they weren't major characters. It nice to see some glimpses of them without their stories taking over the story of the main characters, Natalie and Toby. Natalie and Toby were great main characters. I loved t
Jessica
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a lover of sports romances, I always have my eye out for new ones, especially in the YA world. For some reason, there just aren't enough YA romances that revolve around sports. When I saw Winging It and read the summary, I knew that it was a book that I just had to read.

Natalie West has had the biggest crush on Scott, who just so happens to be the cousin of her old best friend Toby. When Toby started dating someone, he and Natalie started drifting apart until they just didn't see each other
Annelise Lestrange
Review originally posted on The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange :)

I received this copy from Chapter by Chapter in exchange for an honest review. Let's go :D

The Story

Scott Dakins is back in town after almost one year off in Toronto and two people are seriously worried about the fact, but for entirely different reasons…

Natalie West has got a crush on Scott for a while now, but she may as well be invisible as far as the guy is concerned. He never spared her a single glance – and why should he
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 4.25

This was an enjoyable read. I really thought the story line was great. Though the book is short, it did make me laugh. This is the 3rd book in the series, but it could be read as a standalone as well. I think this book is my favourite because it was a friends to lovers story. I found it funny that while Toby and Natalie were pretending to date each other to get other people to like them, they end up falling in love. I thought Natalie and Toby were relatable characters because
Cátia
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
For more reviews click HERE

*I was provided a copy by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Having read and loved book 2 from the Corrigan Falls Raiders series I was really excited to read this one so when I saw that was available to request I requested it right away. I’m happy I did it because this book was so cute.

I really liked the plot in this book where we have childhood best-friends who start a fake relationship. I love this kind of things but sometimes it can’t get re
Nicole
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Winging it!!! First things first: I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley.
The book is already out, so you can go and check it out.

This is the second book I read in this series. I still have to read the first one. I have it on my tablet and will read it as soon as I have caught up with my ARCs. This is something that I love about the series. You can read the books alone without having to read the other books.

Let's talk about Winging it!!!
This time the story focuses on Toby Cooper and N
Sarah Louise
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Well, this definitely wasn't my favourite from the Corrigan Falls Raiders, but I can't deny the soft spot I have for this series. I'm easily satisfied by contemporary romances, and not only does Winging It involve the friendship to romance trope, which I love, it also involves my ultimate guilty pleasure, the fake relationship trope.

Of course, with these overly sweet stories, I never expect much depth beyond the predictable plot. It's not difficult to read the synopsis and immediately know the
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read full review HERE

description

A while back I read book 2 of this series, Playing Defense, and I really liked that one. I equally liked this one, with an added bonus of two of my favorite tropes being at play here.

Much like the previous book, I really liked the writing. And more importantly, once again, the characters felt their age. They read like teenagers, doing the wrong things most of the time, but trying to find the right way.

I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m a huge fan of the best friends turned
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have a blog tour stop on May 19th! See my full review then!

I really enjoyed this one: there were so many good things! I loved that there was a lot of talk of empowerment and saying "no" when you weren't comfortable. I also liked that Nat had a goal she wanted to reach and had Toby help her. I also liked that Nat didn't want to be a part of something just for the sake of being a part of it. I really liked the overa
Diane Lynch
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, hockey-romance
Cate Cameron scored a hat trick with the third book in the Corrigan Falls Raiders Series Winging It. Toby Cooper and Natalie West were best friends and hockey team mates most of their lives. However, once Natalie’s hockey options ended, and Toby started playing in the OHL they drifted apart. Now Natalie needs Toby’s help to be noticed by her crush/his rival, Scott Dakins, and act like her fake boyfriend. This contemporary sports romance takes place in Corrigan Falls, Ontario. It is suitable for ...more
Cate Cameron
Apr 15, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Remember the fake kiss in Some Kind of Wonderful? Maybe not - that's a pretty old movie. But it's an excellent fake kiss, one that gives us and the characters a good idea that "fake" is a relative term. (Okay, I looked it up! I forgot how "pretty" they made Eric Stolz look - I think I prefer him a little rougher. Anyway...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBjH...)

And, anyway #2 - that kiss was pretty much the inspiration for this whole book. Fake relationship turned real? Not exactly a new idea.
Cathy
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m not much into hockey fan, but I love a good story line. Anything having to do with friends getting together, especially after many years. And of course some initial deceiving, hello I’m all over it! This book didn’t disappoint in the least it was absolutely delightful.

We meet Natalie and Toby, two friends who have known each other forever, and their main common factor is hockey. They both love the sport sure things happened where Nat just gave up on it but reuniting with her old friend has b
Deanna (Deanna Reads Books)
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
This book is the third in the Corrigan Falls Raiders series by Cate Cameron, but I feel like you can read Winging It, having not read Center Ice or Playing Defense. Although, if you have you will recognize some of the other characters in this book. I enjoyed this book a lot because it uses two romances tropes that I love -- best friends to lovers AND fake relationships!

The premise of this book is a recipe for disaster, which
Julia
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I didn't like the Story of Nat and Toby as much as I liked the other books in this series.

My Problem was that I didn't really connect with the characters and therefore wasn't as invested in their Story as I was in the others on the Corrigan Raiders Hockey Team.
But I am still continuing with the series, because overall I really like it.
Natalie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Another cute one in this series. However, I'm very disappointed that I share the same name as the lead character as I found her to be so stupid. She was so oblivious and constantly making bad decisions. It was frustrating. Scott's still a dick.
Namratha
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-lit, romance
Not so great but not so good either. Which sounds just as dodgy as my feelings about this book.
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
This book. THIS BOOK. It was delectable. I liked the last book, but I LOVED this one.

I'm just going to go on a rave now, ok??? (And because I have to say this, I got an ARC, but that's never stopped me from being honest, has it?)

So we've got Nat and Toby. Toby is one of the Raiders, i.e. sexy ice hockey player. He and Nat used to be best friends and play ice hockey together as kids, but then puberty hit, and he became a star. Over time, they sort of grew apart. But then Nat decides she wants Sco
Nicole Hewitt
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

This book is pretty much exactly what it advertises – it was a light, cute read that gave me the warm and fuzzy feels. I don’t know what it is about the fake boyfriend trope, but I love it. Sure, I know how it’s all going to play out, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying the ride!

What Fed My Addiction:

Sports-minded but not just for people who like sports.
I’m not a sports fan, so sometimes I’m hesitant to read books
Diane Lynch
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winging It (Corrigan Falls Raiders #3) by Cate Cameron Cate Cameron scored a hat trick with the third book in the Corrigan Falls Raiders Series Winging It.  Toby Cooper and Natalie West were best friends and hockey team mates most of their lives.  However, once Natalie’s hockey options ended, and Toby started playing in the OHL they drifted apart.  Now Natalie needs Toby’s help to be noticed by her crush/his rival, Scott Dakins, and act like her fake boyfriend.  This contemporary sports romance ...more
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
3.5 stars!

Natalie West is crazy about Scott Dakins. But she knows she doesn't have a chance at him. So she concocts a plan with her bestfriend, Toby Cooper, who happens to be Scott's cousin.

Now, Scott is so full of himslf, he isn't really into girls he doesn't know. Until he learns that Nat is his cousin's girlfriend. Now Scott must do everything to get all things that his cousin likes. Including Natalie.

Toby Cooper is an upcoming hockey player at Corrigan Falls, just like her former bestfriend
Keanna (KeyReadThat)
*Received ARC from NetGalley*

4/5

The Why:
A botched idea that tests friendships in relationships and learning from your mistakes.

Characters:
Horrible Idea
In order to get a guy's attention Nat decides during her senior year, she enlists her estranged best guy friend, Toby to help her get her crush's attention. She and Toby haven't spoken ever since she thought he shot up in the hockey world. Nat is often criticized for playing on a women's hockey team with women who are her mother's age. But she's
Lynne
Apr 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
I like that this was a YA book where the teenagers actually talked and behaved like teenagers. All of the characters were realistically mature but naive, as you would expect teenagers to be.
I really liked Toby and Nat but wasn't totally convinced of their chemistry. Though I didn't agree with her crush on Scott, I understood the way a teenager thinks when they have a crush and knew she was blinded by the image she had built up in her head of him. However, when she thought that Toby and Scott sh
2kasmom
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book # 3 in the Corrigan Falls Raiders series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and complete understanding, please read the series in the order intended.

Natalie AKA "Nat" have been best buds since they played hockey together when they were young kids. Now, on the last year of high school, she asks him to help her win the affections of the cousin he hates.

Toby is disgusted that someone he admires and yes, maybe likes, wants his lousy cousin. Lucky for them
Caro
Mar 12, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This was a super cute story, though sometimes frustrating, lol.

We have Nat and Toby, two ex best friends that because of different reasons (nothing really bad), grew apart along the years.

Now Nat wants Toby’s help to getting the guy of her dreams… Toby’s jerk of a cousin.

In order to do that, they pretend they are dating and start spending more and more time together. This makes them realize that they were great friends and now they might want to be more than that. Which proves to be di
Steffi
Thanks to netgalley and Entangled: Crush for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is by far my favourite book in the series. I did enjoy the other books as well, but Nat and Toby were working better for me than the other couples.
I really liked the set up of best friends going for a fake relationship. Nat and Toby were really cute together and enjoyed being with both. To me their chemistry and relationship felt more natural despite the fake set-up.
I also liked their shared interest in i
« previous 1 3 next »
Entangled in Romance: Blog Tour WINGING IT by Cate Cameron 1 8 May 13, 2016 01:51PM

• Incriminating Dating
  • Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota, #1)
  • Taming the Rebel
  • Love Me, Love Me Not
  • Kisses On A Paper Airplane
  • Pieces of You and Me
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • Breaking the Rules of Revenge
  • A Love for the Pages
  • Defying Gravity (Finding Perfect, #2)
  • The Perfect Catch (Kissing the Enemy, #1)
  • Ninja Girl
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Croquis
  • Future Leaders of Nowhere
  • Twelve Steps
  • Make Me Stay (Men of Gold Mountain, #1)
  • Myths of Mish (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #2)

Corrigan Falls Raiders (4 books)
  • Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #1)
  • Playing Defense (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #2)
  • Breakaway (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #4)