Start by marking “Shameless” as Want to Read:
Shameless

Shameless

(Texas Nights #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  8,122 ratings  ·  1,011 reviews
***A USA TODAY BESTSELLER*** The SHAMELESS ebook is FREE for a limited time.

Brady… What the hell do I know about raising a baby? Nothing. Not a goddamn thing.

Yet here I am, the sole guardian of my niece. I’d be lost if it weren’t for Katherine, the beautiful girl who seems to have all the answers. Katherine, who’s slowly finding her way into my cynical heart.

I keep remi
Published April 26th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Shameless, please sign up.
Lex Martin She's going to be in Jenna and Ryan's book that will be out later this year. And I'm definitely considering a book just for Harper. I swear I didn't f…moreShe's going to be in Jenna and Ryan's book that will be out later this year. And I'm definitely considering a book just for Harper. I swear I didn't forget her. <3(less)
Lex Martin He did Dani's tattoo in the first scene, and then later, they started hanging out when she was trying not to like Jax. <3…moreHe did Dani's tattoo in the first scene, and then later, they started hanging out when she was trying not to like Jax. <3(less)

·  8,122 ratings  ·  1,011 reviews

Start your review of Shameless
CristiinaReads❀
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
➳Can Lex Martin stop breaking my heart? Please? This novel has everything that you are looking for when it comes down to finding your true soulmate and mending hearts together...

➳I think my book slump is slowly diminishing because I am now certain that Lex Martin has captivated my heart and soul with her unique writing that brings me to my knees with admiration towards all the characters she writes. She is soul-minded, a heart breaker, a heart mender, and also someone who knows how to proper
ren ♡ [hiatus]
Shameless was such a cute (but somewhat frustrating) read! There were tons of feel-good moments but also a lot of heart-breaking ones. It’s hard to believe that this was my first Lexi Martin book because I have been missing out… The way Martin writes such believable characters and capture nuances that other authors struggle to deliver, is pretty amazing! I also really liked the writing style and ended up breezing through this book pretty fast.

Plot:

When Brady Shepherd’s (26) brother and sis
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.5 Stars

"Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes around in another form." (Rumi)

This quote represents perfectly this beautiful story, in my opinion, where something amazing blossomed from a world of sadness.
Brady was already drowning in his life with all the responsibilities of the family lying in his shoulders, but when he got the news of his younger brother's sudden death, he sunk under.
The brother for whom he felt resentment, for throwing away his expected role in the family business (forc
chan ☆
i mean i went out of my way to find a boring romance to listen to but this was especially bland
Sabrina
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shameless is the story of Brady, who you met in Finding Dandelion, and follows him as his whole life changes and takes a turn he never expected.

After a tragic accident kills Brady's brother and sister in-law he travels down to Texas to take care all of the arrangements. When he shows up he gets the shock of his life when he finds Katherine, the sweetest looking girl, at his brothers house taking care of his niece. He knows he shouldn't mess with Katherine, not when she's just as fragile as him
Lex Martin
Feb 23, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
***A USA TODAY BESTSELLER***
Shameless is now widely available and on SALE for a limited time for 99 cents!

I can't wait for you to read Brady's book! You might remember him from Finding Dandelion. Although Shameless is a spin-off of The Dearest Series, it's can be read as an absolute standalone. It's also an adult contemporary romance, so it's steamier!

Reckless, which features Tori and Ethan and is a companion novel to Shameless, is now available for pre-order. It releases Feb. 20.
 Both books a
• Jodi Bibliophile •
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
 photo 1464048437011_zpsqwnlhs2m.jpg

If someone could see me right now they would say ‘Jodi, you look like a massive twat’, because I’m just sitting here with biggest smile on my face and tears running down my cheeks that I can't seem to stop.

This book! OMG THIS BOOK! It was just AMAZING!

My heart is so happy right now!

Brady, you sexy fucking beast of a man! How I wanted to lick you all over and cup your balls!

You had that mixture of sweet and fucking dirty! And your bedroom skills had me panting like a bitch in heat!

Also I woul
Dilek VT
Sweet but frustrating!
3 out of 2,5 stars

*********************************************

Here is what I think:

1. This is a long (370 pages) book that is incredibly uneventful. It is slow and there is no plot twist or anything that makes you wonder. You know what will happen and you have to wait for it to happen for so many pages.

*********************************************

2. The title of this book is ridiculous. There is nothing SHAMELESS about it. The heroine, Katherine, calls herself shameless 3
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
*****5 Stars*****

description

“Because I have never in my life felt like this. Never wanted to throw caution to the wind to see what happens. But Brady makes me want to put everything on the line. Even my heart.”

I am embarrassed to say this is the first novel I have read by Lex Martin and I found it an absolute pleasure to read. The story had me captivated from the first page and I couldn’t get enough. It had everything I look for in a story, a bit of angst, emotion, humour and a hot tattooed hero.

D
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Lex Martin book and…well, I’m a believer now.

Let’s talk about what she just did to my feels:

Heartbreak—and lots of it. Big heartbreak, and little heartbreak, and teeny tiny heartbreaks in between. There’s some heavy, sad stuff in this book, but rest assured, it never felt over the top. I never felt like my emotions were being manipulated (and man, I’m super sensitive to that), and I would not come close to classifying this as a sad or ugly cry book. It’s just…my heart did not
Eliza

What happened to the good girl who made a guy take her on several dates before she even considered going to first base? Yeah, she took a hike the moment Brady blazed into my life like a wildfire.

As a huge fan of Lex and her fantastic new adult Dearest Series , the prospect of Shameless was an enticing one on two accounts. Firstly, the excitement of new novel and secondly, the knowledge that it would be a foray into adult contemporary.

As always, as well as an engaging plot, it’s her characters t
Jonetta
Brady Shepherd is a tattooist who also does body piercing at a parlor in Boston. He’s also temporarily helping out his parents with their landscaping business, hoping his brother returns from Texas to take over. However, when he gets a phone call that his brother and sister-in-law were killed in a terrible accident, Brady’s life is turned upside down as he goes to Texas to to gain control of their farm and one-year old orphan, Isabella. She’s being taken care of in the meantime by Katherine Dura ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: single-parent, arc
4.5 Sweet Home Stars

I love all of Lex Martin’s books. I’ve been dying for another read from her for a while. Shameless has Brady from Finding Dandelion, in her Dearest series, but you do not need to read the series prior to reading Shameless. Shameless is a standalone.

It’s not a single Daddy book, but Brady does take care of his niece. You all know how much I love a single Daddy book, so I was REALLY excited for this one. Brady’s brother dies in a car accident in Texas. Brady, living in Boston,
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 422b8fb50ebef7e0304c53968ad9b5_zpschbxm5r2.gif

I admit it. There’s no shame here. I A-D-O-R-E Lex Martin and of course her books. So if you are familiar with her Dearest Series then you are all well aware that Lex has a knack for weaving raw emotions, sensuality, angst, romance, and sexy times into one amazing and heartfelt story. And in her newest release, Shameless, Lex Martin once again delivers a love story that packs an extra punch of angst and sweetness. That’s right, you know
Jayme
Really beautiful, well-told story. It is very easy to fall in love with the heroes and caught in their life. Not only sad but also funny and heart warming. My very first Lex Martin's book is definitely a positive experience.

About the plot: Brady is angry at his brother Cal, who left everything in their hometown Boston and married a girl from Texas, where they have a child and live peaceful on the farm. When Brady is forced to give up his own path and help their parents on his own with landscapin
Lyndy Ann ♫
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*****5 tragedy turns to love stars*****

After reading Gi's wonderful review for Shameless I decided that this would be my next read as I was in the mood to discover a new author and a different kind of story. I was not disappointed I fell in love with this beautifully written heartbreaking love story and the author Lex Martin, I will definitely be reading more from her in the future.

Brady leaves Boston for Texas after his younger brother Cal, his wife Mel and his little niece dies in a freak acci
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, and relatively light read. I wanted exactly this type of story after reading a darker series. We get some drama, but not that much -- we get some sexy and sweet times -- AND we get a pretty easy ending. While I did like it for what it was, I don't think it'll go down as one of my favorites or be all that memorable in the long run. It didn't get that deep into the characters, or even really tap into my emotions. Even though I'm giving it 3.5 stars, I'm
Rozberry&#x1f353;
Apr 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
I love a good slowburn generally speaking, but I feel it’s worth noting that Shameless is one of those slowburns that really meanders at such a lowkey pace, where it either works for you or it doesn’t. Not much of a gray area (if at all), you know. In this case, for me, Shameless worked, but I’ve been there on the other side when it hasn’t in other reads, so I can definitely see how the style of Shameless’ slowburn may not work for everyone. Although I wasn’t so sure initially how this story wou ...more
Hanne
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 -- Shameless -- stars

This book is beautiful and amazing! I’m a huge fan of this author and this series! I highly recommend every book; it are all standalones. Shameless brought tears to my eyes, but it also put a giant smile on my face.

Brady’s brother dies in a car accident. He goes to Texas for his funeral and to handle everything. He discovers there that his niece, Isabella, survived the accident and he becomes her guardian. Katherine has been living in his brother’s house, helping on the fa
Jeannine Allison
4.5 stars...

description

I LOVE this author. She's one of those authors that you can count on to give you a great love story... and I'm never disappointed.

description

I'll be honest. I didn't even read the description before I added this, I didn't even read the description before I pre-ordered. There's really only one thing that happens when I discover Lex Martin has written a new book:

description

So I went into this book completely blind, and I'm so glad I did. It was so, so, SO fraking good. I loved Brady and Kat... and littl
Polly
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emo, top-fav, polly-safe
I'm glad I gave this author another shot because I loved this book! ...more
Korrie’s Korner
What a pleasant surprise!

“She tastes like sugar and spice and my own wicked fantasy.”

This book had me at hello. Such a tragic start, but in the end it’s truly beautiful.

A car accident took Brady’s brother and his sister in law’s life, leaving behind an infant, a farm, and a live in nanny/do it all woman, Katherine. Brady has no idea what he was getting into the moment he left Boston for Texas, but when his eyes locked on Katherine’s, it was instalust.

This story pulled on my heartstrings badly.
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Loved it!! Brady and Kat are so amazing! Love them both so much and I am so happy they found each other. They are one of my favorite couples ever!
Nikki ღ Navareus
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everybody

***FOUR STARS***

Shameless was a cute little story. A little cheesy/sappy, with a too perfect baby that didn't act at all like real babies do. That being said, I enjoyed the story of these two characters coming together and slowly falling in love. Sweet little romance, with some yummy sexiness to it, and almost no drama at all.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Lex Martin’s stories. She’s an easy storyteller and it’s not hard to relate to her characters and their hardships and triumphs. Shameless may start out on a somber note, but a beautiful relationship grows throughout the story. There’s just enough angst, heat, and humor to keep the sadness from feeling overwhelming and make the sweetness feel that much sweeter.

Brady is a struggling with keeping everything together for the people he loves and cares about. He’s an artist, but he’s managing h
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
3.5 Sweet Stars!!

Bittersweet story, and I liked both the H&h. this is a light read with a mixture of sexy and sweet, ending with a nice epilogue.

photo PicsArt_1461816851873_zpsfojqkzla.jpg
Mandy
There is no way you can read this book and not fall completely in love with Brady. He's sexy, tattooed and good with a baby. He is the perfect book boyfriend. I loved this book, the build up between Kat and Brady, their friendship and the chemistry between them. My very favorite thing about this book was Brady's relationship with his niece, Izzy. I love how much he loved her from the moment he first saw her. He was perfect! This is the perfect book for anyone who loves a single parent type roman ...more
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Sometimes even I don't understand the shit my mind makes up.

And that is why this has been sitting on my shelf for over two years. Somehow (only God knows) I got it in my head that this was gonna be one of those uber smutty type books, I mean it's called Shameless for Pete's sake!

It wasn't.
It was this really sweet little thing that sent tingles through your all your lady bits.

Let me just paint a picture for you, a tattooed man's man.

With muscles for miles.

With a Harley and looks that belong on
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

Brady is a tattoo artist struggling under the weight of financial responsibility, with his brother moving to Texas unexpectedly and his father's bad health he's working part time with his dad's company and pursuing his own passion part time. An shocking phone call upends his entire world with the death of his brother and rhe sister-in-law he never got to know. Thinking his niece had died too just made it more tragic. The news causes his dad to have a heart attack leaving Brady to g
Pam Nelson
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Shameless Stars

I didn’t know what I was getting into when I started this book. But I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

I enjoyed Brady, so very much his heart is clear to see in every page. He does so much for everyone else, you can’t help but want to be the one to be there for him.

Katherine take on so much as well she has an incredible heart that needs some tender loving. And Brady is just the man for the job. Only no he doesn’t and can’t start a new relationship right now.

The lo
New Adult Book Club: #48/16 ~ Shameless by Lex Martin ~ COPIES ALL GONE 56 142 May 23, 2016 07:00AM

• Breaking the Rules
  • Eden in the dark
  • House of pain
  • Amici
  • Discovering Stella
  • Faked (Ward Sisters, #2)
  • Love So Irresistible (The Lawson Brothers, #3)
  • Love So True (The Lawson Brothers, #2)
  • Tutte le cose che non so di te
  • Lady Marmalade (NY Sinners #5)
  • This Time Around (Love in the Heartland, #2)
  • Mr. Big (London Billionaire, #2)
  • At Last (Time for Love, #5)
  • Kiss Me Here
  • Afraid to Fly (Fearless, #2)
  • His to Defend (Bears of Grizzly Ridge #5)
  • Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • Rebel Queen
See top shelves…
Lex Martin is the USA Today bestselling author of Reckless, Shameless, and The Dearest Series. She writes contemporary romance novels, the steamy kind she hopes her readers love but her parents avoid. A former high school English teacher and freelance journalist, she resides in Texas with her husband and twin daughters. Drop her a line. She loves hearing from readers.

UPCOMING NEW RELEASE: BREATHLE