Start by marking “Promise of the Black Monks (The Dark Ages Saga of Tristan de Saint-Germain Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Promise of the Black Monks

(The Dark Ages Saga of Tristan de Saint-Germain #1)

Promise of the Black Monks - Robert E. Hirsch's hot-selling dynamic new historical fiction Religious war erupts between Church and King

A young man, who is predestined to be the catalyst of war, is torn between his heart and the church: one he knows to be his true love and the other a farce.

Born of nobility in France in the year 1066, the fate of seven-ye

Published February 21st 2016 by W & B Publishers

Start your review of Promise of the Black Monks (The Dark Ages Saga of Tristan de Saint-Germain Book 1)
Jeanie Loiacono
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Better than The Thornbirds!
Fabulous writing that draws you in. I was compelled to find out what was to happen to Tristan and his little brother. I would get up and grab my coffee and the book to start my day. Had to! I went to bed worried about them and the Danes. I can’t wait to read the sequel, Hammer of God!
— CJ Loiacono
Yalonda
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It took a while to finish this because it was my exercise audiobook and I wasn't as dedicated to the gym as I should have been. With that out of the way, I also need to say again that I am not a history person; I just don't enjoy historical fiction, alternate history, historical biographies, or generally history. Now that this has also been said, I enjoyed this book more than I ever imagined. I believe that this can be attributed to the fact that it was the audiobook and not just text. The narra ...more
Aldair
May 20, 2020
Darlene
Apr 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I won a copy of Robert E. Hirsch’s Promise of the Black Monks in a Goodreads giveaway. This is the first book in The Dark Ages Saga of Tristan de Saint Germain. The book recounts the childhood and Adolescence of young Tristan, age 7, from when his mother send him and his younger brother to Cluny after their father’s execution, to his ordination as a Benedictine Monk at 18. This is part of an historical fiction series and does take some liberties with some stereotypes but otherwise feels much lik ...more
Kevin Crawford
rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2018

• La Materia Oscura
  • The Resolution for Men
  • Rachel's Tears: The Spiritual Journey of Columbine Martyr Rachel Scott
  • Fireproof
  • Jeff Bezos: La Fuerza Detrás de la Marca (Spanish Version)(Versión en Español): Introspección y Análisis de la Vida y Logros del Hombre más Rico del Planeta ... Billonarios nº 1)
  • Todo sobre La Casa de Papel
  • Hangman's Curse (Veritas Project, #1)
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3)
  • Bless Me, Ultima
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Power of a Praying Wife
  • Estratégias de Negócio Em La Casa de Papel: Impulsione o seu negócio a ser um sucesso igual a série que virou febre mundial
  • Courageous
  • La casa de papel. Escape book: El diario del Profesor
  • El diario del profesor | La casa de papel (Escape Book)
  • Facing the Giants
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life
  • Santa Juana de Arco. Reina, virgen y mártir: Primer estudio documental en español a la luz de sus procesos
Robert Hirsch was born in Pusan, Korea in 1948. As the Korean War was ending in 1953, his mother sent him at age five to the United States to live with his biological father due to Korea’s harsh wartime conditions of starvation, disease and destruction.

He spent the next thirteen years as a military dependent, traveling all over America and spending three years in France where he attended school a

The Dark Ages Saga of Tristan de Saint-Germain (4 books)
  • Hammer of God (The Dark Ages Saga of Tristan de Saint-Germain Book 2)
  • A Horde of Fools: The Dark Ages Saga of Tristan de Saint-Germain (Volume 3)
  • God's Scarlet Fury (The Dark Ages Saga of Tristan de Saint-Germain Book 4)