Start by marking “Pippa of Lauramore (Eldentimber, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pippa of Lauramore (Eldentimber, #1)

Pippa of Lauramore

(Eldentimber #1)

This is a previously-published edition - ISBN13: 9781523737376

Act like a lady. Don’t swim in the waterfall. And whatever you do, never steal into the woods for a romantic, moonlit ride.

For as long as Pippa can remember, she’s looked forward to her eighteenth birthday. The number represents freedom—and the end of her boring lessons with dreary tutors. Unfortunately for the
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 402 pages
Published February 18th 2016 by CreateSpace (first published March 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Pippa of Lauramore, please sign up.
Lenni Jones As far as I can remember, there was no cursing in this book. I know for sure there was no sex. There was some kissing near the very end, but that's…moreAs far as I can remember, there was no cursing in this book. I know for sure there was no sex. There was some kissing near the very end, but that's it. (less)
Shari Tapscott Sorry I didn't notice this sooner! It will be available at Amazon. The link should be up soon, and pre-orders will be available for the Kindle…moreSorry I didn't notice this sooner! It will be available at Amazon. The link should be up soon, and pre-orders will be available for the Kindle version. Release day is scheduled for April 24th. (less)

Start your review of Pippa of Lauramore (Eldentimber, #1)
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Cute!

After seeing many positive reviews from friends I decided to take the plunge! It took me a bit to get into, but then I was hooked. Pippa is expected to marry Prince Lionel of Vernow. Considering she hates him, she asks her father to host a tournament inviting all the princes from surrounding countries to come and whoever is the winner she will wed. She's hoping any of the other princes would be a better match than Lionel, who happens to be a horrible human being. She sets out to find a kind
Avrila
To be clear about where I'm coming from here -- I'm an aspiring writer. This book might be great for someone who's not. For me, though, it kept triggering my writerbrain with things that needed a little more editing; for example, the king's lines didn't feel regal, even when he was in front of crowds and would have been in "king mode" rather than "dad mode." Also, the geography lessons were just short of "as you know Bob" infodumps; it's not believable that an 18 year old princess would be just ...more
✶Rachelle✶
Nov 06, 2017 marked it as dnf
Shelves: fantasy, ya, romance
DNF @ 41%

I can't anymore
Pippa is hella annoying
And wtf kind of name is Galinor
I'm sensing zero chemistry between the love interests

Peace out
-------------

I'm feeling a slump coming on....
Time to start The Bachelorette: Medieval Edition

Camille
When I first read Pippa of Lauramore, I thought it was a cute, albeit light, story set in a fun fantasy kingdom complete with princesses, noble knights, dragons, a touch of magic, and a beautiful waterfall setting. However, upon rereading it, I realize just how enchanting and adorable this book is. I just love the feel of this fairytale world; it’s exactly the sort of book I long to crawl into and live.

Pippa of Lauramore is delightful. Our protagonist, Pippa, was a fun character—full of life,
Patrick Hodges
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful princess. A castle full of worthy (and a few unworthy) suitors.

If I were a teenage girl, I'd probably be in hog heaven. I mean, what's not to love about that premise?

The beautiful, spirited Princess Philippa (or just Pippa) is nearing her eighteenth birthday, and a tournament has been declared for suitors from all the neighboring regions to vie for her hand in marriage. Truly the stuff of fairy tales.

Pippa immediately warms to the handsome and dashing Galinor, and even, well, bends
Michelle
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are so many men to fall in love with in this book that I think my knees will be permanently weak. There's Archer - the dashing, serious man who's station in life can never afford him the one thing he truly wants. He was my favorite.

Then there's Galinor - the knight who is trying to save Pippa from an awful fate. He's attractive and gallant and brave. Swoon.

Let's not forget the rest of the cast of knights from the various kingdoms who have all come to fight for the Princess's hand in
Kira Simion
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: got-for-free
A light okay novel.

Pippa is an okay character but, she isn't really fleshed out. No other character is as fleshed as her so no one really keeps me interested or makes me feel something.

There's a try at fantasy but, if you just a insert fantasy names and themes without explaining them just for more action and so you can put the book in a fantasy genre, to me it doesn't really count.

Overall the plot was simplistic, the characters were meh, and I skimmed somewhat after 49%. If you don't mind too
Juli
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
What a wonderful book!!! Easy to read and hard to put down!

The author's writing style is fun and witty. Pippa is a self-possessed, strong female lead (thank goodness!!), and her stubbornness and adventurous nature make for an entertaining tale.
I have learned how to be a lady. It's just so dull I can't stick with it.

One of the things I loved about this book was the varied cast of characters. Sometimes, you're tuned in solely to the main characters, and the supporting cast seems underdeveloped.
Amanda Moyer
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Pippa of Lauramore (Book 1) with excitement and was not let down. I am always into a good princess/love story. I was intrigued with the story line and read it in two days. I just couldn't put it down. Once I did put it down for the night I laid there wondering what will happen next and contemplated the options.

This was a very well written book, obviously a lot of time and effort went into making it. The author writes with intelligent and exquisite details. It was so detailed, I could
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Although the cover of the book I read is different (and much better), the book is the same. I least I think.

I loved this book. I completely fell in love with Pippa and Archer. But mostly Pippa. She is trouble with a capitol T! Her heart is as big as her trouble though and I loved her sense of adventure. I was caught up in this story- the setting, the growing relationships, everything. It was a fun escape from the mundane and I as soon as I finished reading this one, I went to Amazon and picked
Teya Peck
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Pulled me in right from the start. Imaginative and I sat right in the story. Seeing everything and loved every minute. For having 323 pages it flew by and didn't seem like that long. I will absolutely read this again. So good, so well written. I LOVED Pippa and all the characters really. Still amazed. Jumping to the next book now! August 8, 2016

Second time bettter than the first!
Darius Murretti
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible
Wow! A real winner ! I was blown away !
It was a real "instant karma" moment when the dragon showed up !!!!

also I was deeply drawn in when Galanot was poisoned.

I was surprised touched when Pippa interceded for the guy she hated even offering her own life to save his (and everyone else's) .

Loved Acher and Pippa (of course ! )

Although it was clear how things were going to work out the plot was definitely not without its twists and surprises -- crisp simple writing style done with feeling
Katie
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pippa is a princess that is suppose to marry the winner of a competition. She teams up with a friend to try and make sure her chosen wins but not everything goes according to plan.

Pippa is hella annoying and the book is so vague at points. The only reason this one made three stars was because I’m a sucker for happily ever after endings.
Delta
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It definitely has an obvious plot line with a stereotypical villain, but I don't consider that a plot line. In some ways, it actually helped me enjoy the book more because I knew it would end in an HEA. Very enjoyable and very well written.

**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.**
Zoby
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review. It's cover caught my eye immediately and the blurb on the story really tweaked my interest, So, I took advantage of the author's offer for a copy to review. When I received it, it was just as impressive as the website image portrayed. I sat down and started reading and I was hooked! Tapscott did an excellent job of sucking me into the story--I felt like I was right there with Pippa! It is full of ...more
Annie Page
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readed, first-read
Won on Goodreads
Shari made me laugh and feel the despair Princess Philippa who likes to be called Pipppa. She is to wed the winner of the tournament in her kingdom for her hand in marriage because she does not what to marry the Prince Lionel who has asked. Pippa finds a likeable champion Prince Galinor who is much nicer but she finds her true love and he is not a Prince or Lord to have her hand or is he. The trials are hard and in the end after all is said and done evil Prince Lionel wins the
Dee☾
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Aww this book was so cute. It wasn't the most original or complex, and I would have liked a bit more world building but the characters were fantastic. I can't help but fall in love with princes and this book had plenty! Galinor was kind and wonderful but Archer stole my heart from the beginning. I loved his relationship with Pippa. Honestly, I wish there was more. Pippa was so strong and rebellious that I really enjoyed reading about her.

I loved it just for being light and cutesy. Exactly what
Tammy
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.8
To me Pippa of Lauramore is somewhat a cute kind of romance suitable for tween with its typical fable fairy tales type chracters and plot. Surprisingly, it is an enjoyable read. A light heart story of adventure, chivalry and romance together with characters that grow on you like many disney princesses and her gang did and now I'm itching fir the next one. It's good in between kind of book when you want to relax from heartbreak and drama.
Tèo Sip
Jul 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Full of cliche and immature characters
Cheryl
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super cute book. It's a lighthearted read.
Amelia Nichole Defield
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fantasy romance lovers, people who like stardust or the princess bride
Shelves: ebook, ya-fantasy, 2019
Pippa of Lauramore is a delightful fantasy romance novel I am going to be recommending to anyone who likes romance with great character arcs and twists you may not see coming. I thoroughly enjoyed the growth of the main character Princess Pippa as she went from judging everyone, feeling like she was always being treated unfairly, and trying to meddle to someone who realized she had treated others unfairly, first impressions aren't always what they seem, and sometimes you should leave well enough ...more
T.K.
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Though Pippa isn't quite as delightful as some of Shari's heroines, I still like her pluck. Finding herself in a horrid situation, Pippa tries to make the best of it and seems to grow up a little along the way. The principled and selfless Galinor is my favorite character, though. Hopefully, he'll pop up in another book in this series.
Yogesh Jain
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really love the concept of best friends in love and how they realize that they have been in love for a really long time and the author did a perfect justice to that arc in the fantasy world.

It was fully predictable but who cares when the romance is so good.
Kristen
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun, cute young adult read. This is a book I'd pick up and read again, like rewatching a chick flick.
Erin  Koiso
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cat
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(view spoiler) ...more
Tenille Berezay
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pippa is a bit of a reckless tomboy. She knows she doesn’t want to marry the man her father (the king) has chosen for her, so she convinces him to host a tournament for her hand in marriage. At the very beginning she picks her champion (Galinor) and does all she can to aid him in winning, with the help of her childhood friend, Archer. Along the way, she realizes a lot of things about herself, above all, who she really does want to marry.

Pippa is a great character. She’s selfish and flippant at
Sara Cardon
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love a good princess story. This one has a tournament that princess Pippa is hoping will allow her to escape her betrothal with an unkind man, or at the very least to delay it. She's a spunky girl and is caught up in the festivities despite the looming end. She's hopeful another man will win, and she sets her sights on helping make that happen. I love the men we meet who champion Pippa. This is lighthearted, which makes the hard moments more impactful. I enjoy how Pippa discovers, finally, who ...more
J.M. Stengl
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pippa of Lauramore is a medieval romance/fantasy tale about a feisty princess who loves the wrong man. Pippa gets herself into a lot of dangerous situations, being quite headstrong, but she is lovable anyway and grows as a character throughout the story. The villain is eeeeevil and creepy, the hero is wonderful and noble, and there is a cast of other interesting princes and nobles who will undoubtedly star in future books. I'm all about that!
I did think the fantasy elements tended to be
Chrissy
This was such a cute surprise! One of my goodreads friends read it and liked it and since it was only $.99 (and it still is!!), I decided to give it a try. It's the story of a princess and how she finds her true love. Her father is holding a tournament and the winner gets to marry her.

At first I didn't love the heroine, I thought she was a spoiled brat. But she really grew on me and by the end I thought she was adorable. The hero was always great. A true hero, always protecting her.

There is
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
great read 1 6 Apr 02, 2015 07:22PM

• A Beautiful Curse (Entwined Tales, #4)
  • An Unnatural Beanstalk (Entwined Tales, #2)
  • A Little Mermaid (Entwined Tales, #5)
  • An Inconvenient Princess (Entwined Tales, #6)
  • A Crown of Snow and Ice: A Retelling of The Snow Queen (Beyond the Four Kingdoms #3)
  • The Green-Eyed Prince (The Classical Kingdoms, #0.5)
  • A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms Book 5)
  • Identity (Kingdom Chronicles, #3)
  • The Princess Search (The Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • A Goose Girl (Entwined Tales, #1)
  • The Princess Game: A Reimagining of Sleeping Beauty (The Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • A Dream of Ebony and White: A Retelling of Snow White (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • A Midwinter's Wedding (The Four Kingdoms, #3.5)
  • Queen of Cahraman: A Retelling of Aladdin (Fairytales of Folkshore #3)
  • Pirouette (Andari Chronicles, #3)
  • Silent Mermaid (The Classical Kingdoms, #5)
  • Goldheart (Andari Chronicles #2)
Shari L. Tapscott writes young adult fantasy and humorous contemporary fiction. When she's not writing or reading, she enjoys gardening, making soap, and pretending she can sing.

She loves white chocolate mochas, furry animals, spending time with her family, and characters who refuse to behave.

Tapscott lives in western Colorado with her husband, son, daughter, and two very spoiled Saint Bernards.

Eldentimber (5 books)
  • Anwen of Primewood (Eldentimber, #2)
  • Seirsha of Errinton (Eldentimber, #3)
  • Audette of Brookraven (Eldentimber, #4)
  • Elodie of the Sea (Eldentimber, #5)
“I have learned how to be a lady. It's just so dull I can't stick with it.” 4 likes
“He’s stitched a piece of leather to the inside leg of my boot.” 0 likes