Start by marking “Lottie's Gift (Lottie Braun #1)” as Want to Read:
Lottie's Gift (Lottie Braun #1)

Lottie's Gift (Lottie Braun #1)

She’s a little girl with a big gift.

Lottie Braun has enjoyed a happy childhood in rural Iowa. Her mother was gone, but she knew her father and older sister loved her and her aunts, uncles and cousins surrounded her. But the quiet, idyllic life she enjoyed as a child ended with tragedy and a secret that tore the two sisters apart.

Forty years later, Lottie is a world-class
Published May 2016 by Crossriver Media Group

To ask other readers questions about Lottie's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lottie's Gift

Start your review of Lottie's Gift (Lottie Braun #1)
Jen Mahnken
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed Tucker's first book. She has created a story that quickly pulled me in and made me want to know what really happened with Lottie and her sister. I enjoyed the family support and characterization Tucker created. The book is well crafted and layed out. It is a Christian fiction novel but is done in a subtle, yet powerful way, reminding us that we are all worthy of forgiveness. I can't wait for the next installation!
Catherine Ulrich
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lottie’s Gift tells a beautiful story about a little girl with a mammoth amount of talent. Lottie journeys from Iowa to New York City to fulfill her dynamic talent to express herself through the art of piano playing. Her relationships, the heartaches, trials, and triumphant she experiences is a life-lesson we can learn from. Reading Lottie’s Gift will give you new insight as to the gifts we often overlook; and, the necessity for honesty and solid family relationships.
Tammy Decker
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the absolute best book!!! I started reading it at lunch. Read it at the gym. Got very irritated every time I had to stop. Loved this book!!!
Dee Paisley
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful story of how the threads of our lives are braided into forgiveness... amazing
Johnnie Alexander
Lottie drew me into her comfortable ten-year-old world, and as she grew up so did the tension in this story. Can't wait to read the sequel.
Kelly
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story of a young girl with the gift of music. Very well written!
Becky Anderson
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a bittersweet story of love and forgiveness. I would give it a 4 1/2 star rating if that were an option. It was very thought provoking and well written.
April
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
From the outset, Lottie’s Gift poses an unspoken question: what could tear two sisters apart, sending the protagonist toward a lifetime of regret, loneliness and buried guilt? As the story unfolds of sisters Lottie and Helen, the mystery only deepens, and this makes for a most compelling read.

Lottie is a child prodigy pianist, a gift that becomes evident before she is even old enough to start school. However, this story is as much about the secret in Lottie’s past as it is about her musical
Cindy
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story by a talented author, Jane Tucker has crafted a tale that will make you want to keep turning the pages while still hoping there are many more to come. Her characters are so well done it made me feel as if I had insight into their very souls. Lottie's Gift will capture your heart as you cheer for Lottie's every success, bemoan the failures and learn life lessons along with her on her journey from a common Midwestern childhood to the stage of concert pianist. And while Lottie's ...more
Traci Matt
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a fan of historical fiction, but not the sentimental Janette Oke-flavor variety. That was what I was expecting when I began to read, but couldn’t have been more wrong. I loved this book.

First of all, being an Iowa native I loved the references to Iowa (you're from Idaho-so true!). The plot and character development caught me and I could not put it down. I couldn't imagine how the sisters could possibly become estranged, then I couldn't imagine how the author would reconcile all the
Sara Brunsvold
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tucker's sensitive touch and depth of research are evident in this heartwarming story of a child prodigy pianist who becomes increasingly more vulnerable to a complicated world she is not equipped to understand. Caught between being a breadwinner for her struggling family and yet still a child, Lottie tries to figure out who she is and what she is made to do. Along the way, she experiences incredible lovely as well as the depths of grief. I recommend this book and look forward to Tucker's next ...more
Elaine Cooper
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Lottie’s Gift” is a story unlike any I’ve ever read. It’s filled with the world of music as well as characters you can never forget. At the center of the story is Lottie, a child blessed with an amazing ability to play piano.

But the small town girl from rural Iowa thrives the most on the love of family, which often eludes her. So her talent on the keyboard leads her on many journeys that teach her about life, but leave her lacking for love and companionship.

Jane M. Tucker has penned an
Alex Welch
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is not the type of book I normally read, but I am so glad I read it anyway. I expected a more sentimental story, but instead found that it contained a riveting plot full of twists and turns that made the book impossible to put down (hence the fact that I read it in less than 24 hours!) As a history buff, I also enjoyed the historical detail and accuracy; the author has clearly done her research on the 1930s and 40s in the United States. I cannot recommend Lottie's Gift highly enough to ...more
Cheryl Barker
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you like character-driven novels, I bet you’ll enjoy Jane Tucker’s debut novel Lottie’s Gift. It’s a story about family, a story of sisters, a story ultimately about forgiveness and is primarily set in the World War II era. I loved the musical thread throughout the story so if you’re a music lover like me, this will be something else you’ll enjoy about the book. It really helps set it apart from others. Also, Tucker’s writing style is easy-to-read—something that in fact takes great writing ...more
Ruhe
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is a fascinating story about family, music, and forgiveness. We follow Lottie's journey from her childhood in the Midwest all over the country as she grows into a concert pianist. I couldn't put it down. The characters are well-developed, and I really cared about what happened to them. It was fascinating to learn more about the big band era in our history. Lottie's Gift will engage you and lift your spirits in the end.
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
“With a gift like Lottie’s, life is bound to be extraordinary” and so it was. In this warm adventure with humble beginnings in Mid-Western Iowa to wide-eyed experiences on both coasts and back, "Lottie’s Gift" offers readers a clean and compelling journey of a child, her family, and life fully lived.
Kim Vanliew
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a touching book!! Can hardly wait for her next book!!!
Barb Fay
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good first book from this author who tells an interesting tale of forgiveness and redemption.
Ann Campbell