Start by marking “Lifeblood (Everlife, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lifeblood (Everlife, #2)

Lifeblood (Everlife #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  3,820 Ratings  ·  436 Reviews
My Firstlife is over, but my Everlife is only now beginning.

With her last living breath, Tenley "Ten" Lockwood made her choice and picked her realm in the Everlife. Now, as the war between Troika and Myriad rages, she must face the consequences.

Because Ten possesses a rare supernatural ability to absorb and share light, the Powers That Be have the highest expectations for
Published February 28th 2017 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Lifeblood, please sign up.
Harlequin Books Very soon! Release date is Feb. 28th, widely available March 1st 2017. Until then you can enter a very cool sweepstake on Facebook.

LIFEBLOOD…more

LIFEBLOOD SWEEPSTAKES

Enter to WIN the ultimate Lifeblood prize pack - including a poster, signed bookplate, gold hourglass and custom 18" laptop sleeve!

You could also win one of 50 secondary prizes to help you show your Lifeblood love - including a signed bookplate and poster.for full details, go HERE> http://gvwy.io/7xfpzxs

(only 46 days left to enter)(less)
Chey Horvath The series is a trilogy. There will be a third book in the series: FirstLife, Lifeblood, & Everlife .

Ali (Readaholic ∞)
“With kindness, you brighten the world. With cruelty, you darken yourself.”

3,5 stars

Lifeblood was definitely better than Firstlife, but not by much. I can’t believe I had forgotten how odd Ten is, she can become quite annoying actually. I’m still not sure how I feel about this series, I mean it is good, but at the same time I don’t think I would ever read it again.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Can't believe it took me so long to read this because it was fabulous. Full review to come!

Edited to add review:
Having falling in love with the first book in the Everlife series, I knew the second had a lot to live up to and with middle book syndrome being so dominant in this genre, I won't lie, I was a bit nervous going into this.

I really shouldn't have been nervous. This book hooked me once again, from the very first chapter. It didn't take me long to once again be pulled back into the unique
◊♦ Naomi
I've tried really hard to find flaws in Gena's stories, something I didn't like or didn't understand, I honestly did because I want to be a good critique and not just read and automatically love her books. I've tried and failed. Gena gets me, she's the perfect author for me, everything she writes I love. She is such a tremendous writer and I am so honored to have read an early copy of this book.

Lifeblood was an emotional roller coaster, I laughed, rejoiced, stressed, cried, raged, I went through
Frankie Lovely
2 stars
Review to come

Better than book one, still pretty rough.
Kayla
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lifeblood by Gena Showalter

This sequel follows Ten as she has made her decision on where she wants to go after her life is ended. This causes problems for her and the boy she is falling for, Killian. Killian will also have to choose lose the war or the girl?

CHARACTERS-
These characters are some of my favrouites ever! They are so memerobale and amazing!

ROMANCE-
The love between Killian and Ten is gorgeous and well written. They are soulmates and I love them with all my heart.

PLOT-
The plot is super
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

LIFEBLOOD is the second book in the Everlife series by Gena Showalter. I would highly suggest reading this series in order as the first book kind of ends on a bit of a cliffie. Some answers are present in this book but mostly, Showalter raises more questions and puts Ten, our heroine, in some very disastrous situations. One of my favorite parts of the first book was Ten. She’s very independent and fun, but in this book, I think there was a bit of a change in her character. I’m not sure that she
Ronda
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That ending though! Those last few words....

Loved Lifeblood, it followed on very nicely from Firstlife.

Ten's Everlife is just beginning in this book, her 'Firstlife' having ended and she now faces loving and protecting Killian as well as being loyal to her chosen people in Trokia. The choices she has to face, the love she finds in friends, the betrayal and the losses are all immense in Gena Showalter's 2nd book.

Absolutely loved the first book, the 2nd book, for me, was so different and even be
Cisz Strasters
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Soms wil je gewoon even een boek lezen, zonder hem uitgebreid te analyzeren. Gelukkig kan dat ook gewoon als je een eigen boekje leest...

Mijn 3☆, kort samengevat: Soms wil je gewoon een pannenkoek, zonder kaas, spek, stroop en suiker. Niet dat hij met al die extra's niet lekker is, maar soms is het gewoon simpel weg allemaal even te veel. Wel erg nieuwsgierig naar het derde en laatste deel, dat dan weer wel ;)
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Better than book 1 but not enough to get a higher rating. I am a big fan of Gena's but this series isn't my favorite of hers. Ten and her obsession with numbers still drives me crazy. I think I keep reading this series because of Killian. And now that I'm invested I need to see how it ends, so bring on book 3!
LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)-- on hiatus :(
Edit 9/2/16: At least the cover is pretty...

Good golly gosh, there's another one?!?!
Rowan
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heel moeilijk om hier een mening over te vormen. Ik heb bijna twee maanden over dit boek gedaan en ik heb me er echt doorheen moeten worstelen. Ik vond Tenley soms ontzettend vervelend, er was niks meer van die stoere meid over die ik in Eerste Leven had leren kennen. Daarnaast vond ik het boek veel te vol: ik haalde heel veel dingen door elkaar en er gebeurde veel te veel. Maar het einde vond ik wel spannend en het concept van Troika en Myriad vond ik wel heel origineel! 3 sterren dus
Sara
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read this
Bree Ervin
Mar 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There are so many issues with this book I'm not even sure where to start. I guess the first thing I can say is I really don't understand all the four and five star ratings, did we even read the same book?

My biggest complaint about this book is the pacing. It's horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. You get no sense of time from the story, you are just slammed with event after event at a break neck pace. The way it reads it's like it happens in just hours, but she explains at one point that Ten has b
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Lifeblood didn't fully live up to my expectations, as Ten didn't seem the same, strong, independent girl she was in Firstlife.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

In the first book, Ten, while not being exactly decisive, did manage to be quite independent once she escaped the institution she was locked up in. I had quite high hopes for Lifeblood, seeing Ten deal with her afterlife, living in a realm different from the boy she had spent a lot of time with - one who was
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*MY Thoughts*

Lifeblood is the second installment in author Gina Showalter's Everlife series. Lifeblood picks up immediately after the events of Firstlife. As a summary, Showalter's world is a place where Firstlife is merely a dress rehearsal, while real life begins after you die. In the Everlife, the place you go after you die, you are given a choice to sign between two different factions: Troika and Myriad. Troika & Myriad are deadly
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Is it wrong that I was more excited for the story to be over than the actual story itself? I can't say this enough: this was so much longer than it needed to be. It was packed full of information that had no purpose. It was such an infodump that I feel it took away from the actual story. I'm not sure I want to finish the series. I am good not knowing (or caring) what happens next.
Crystal
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vathna Dany
DNF at 25%

Firstlife was a good-enough book, but this one just wasn’t for me. Ten’s obsession with numbers really irritates me and the fact that she uses exclaimation marks every four or five sentences was the most distracting thing ever while I was reading. (And why does she have to say ‘Zero!’ in every single chapter?)

P.S The scene at the beginning was literally the worst battle scene I’ve ever read in my life. The writing was just bad. Finally deciding to DNF-ing this book was the best choice
Amy Norris
Writing a review for this book is so frustrating. The world building is fantastic. It is such a great concept. Unfortunately, Showalter just doesn’t pull it off. There are so many things I didn’t like in this book. I don’t like the characters, I don’t like the relationships and I hate most of the dialogue (so cringey). Showalter gives this book a large supporting cast but they aren’t fleshed out enough for me to care about any of them. They could all be interchangeable. It seems like the reason ...more
ancientbookbride
This was a quite interesting thing, really, because I can't say I particularly enjoyed Firstlife all that much. It had too many YA-book tropes and the main character just frustrated me to no ends. So I went into Lifeblood with the feeling it would be similar. In no means was it great, or did it warrant four stars, I mean the main character is still a frustrating person. However the book had things going for it, moments I truly enjoyed more than I'd thought I would, side characters I really liked ...more
Anne
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series.
This book was a really good 2nd book in the series.
I think the overall concept of the series is creative and engaging, and the plot hasn't disappointed me yet.
If you like YA fantasy, then read this series.
Valerie (Howler_Puff)
I'm torn between a 3.5 and a 4.

Ten ANNOYED MY SOUL at times. Killian is still a super douche to me.
It wasn't a bad read. I enjoyed it. I even teared up a little bit at some parts. There is a lot of betrayal and heartache. Some of it is shocking, some not so much. Ten was super whiney at times, and I get it, you died. Life is rough when you are dead. It wasn't as faced paced as I thought it would be.
Shannon
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just don't even know.
Marla
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Zero, I really like this series. I'm listening to it and the narrator is doing a fantastic job. I would like to think that once we are done with this life we have another life that follows. Can't wait for the final book.
Nele
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much tension, betrayal, so many battles...
Everlife cannot come fast enough. I need answers!

Loved this quote: An apology without a change in behavior is worthless
Elizabeth "Liza"
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-feb
Please check out my review of Firstlife for information about the first book in the series. Lifeblood is the second book in the Everlife series and it was awesome! While I felt like the first book was slower and that the world building took a lot of time, I hit the ground running with Lifeblood.

Ten has arrived to her Secondlife and has to learn the ropes. The world building changes so we learn about Troika, all the rules, their way of living, Ten’s training. She makes new friends and also quite
Mandy
Jun 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
The story in this book is worth 5 stars. I'm subtracting 4 starts for the horrible writing. I'm giving this 1 star. 5 + 4 + 1 = 10. 10 is the number of times I cursed the author for ruining a fantastic story. I really enjoyed Firstlife, but the author made the characters so unlikable in this book.

"I decided to spend quality time with a favorite pastime: counting. On the map, only sixty-six trees are marked - thirty-nine on one side and twenty-seven on the other. Why?

Sixty-six is the atomic numb
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Fury (Menagerie #3)
  • Now I Rise (And I Darken Series, #2)
  • Inferno (Talon, #5)
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)
  • The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
  • The Gauntlet (The Cage, #3)
  • Heart of Ash (Blood and Salt, #2)
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • The Shockwave
  • The Cursed Heir (Spirits and Thieves, #3)
  • Obsidian and Stars (Ivory and Bone, #2)
  • The Ship Beyond Time (The Girl From Everywhere, #2)
  • Sparks of Light (Into the Dim, #2)
  • Untitled (Gates of Thread and Stone, #3)
  • One Blood Ruby (Seven Black Diamonds, #2)
  • Retribution Rails (Vengeance Road, #2)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter

Everlife (3 books)
  • Firstlife (Everlife, #1)
  • Everlife (Everlife #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
“Everyone has a story, and I will be the author of mine.” 5 likes
“Hate never kept me warm at night. Never held me when I cried. Never patched me up when I was injured. Like” 5 likes