Start by marking “Doctor Who: Choose the Future: Night of the Kraken” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Choose the Future: Night of the Kraken

Doctor Who: Choose the Future: Night of the Kraken

(Doctor Who: Choose the Future #1)

When one choice can lead to triumph or failure, life or death, glory or destruction . . . which will you choose? With Choose the Future, YOU decide how, when, where and with whom the Doctor will fight to save the world!

In this brand new adventure, Night of the Kraken, the Twelfth Doctor meets a roguish time-smuggler and faces a terrifying creature from the deep with a plan
Published April 28th 2016 by BBC Children's Books (first published April 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Spencer
A fun choose your own adventure style book featuring the 12th Doctor. It was pretty short and it felt like it could have done with a bit more content as the couple of read-throughs I did didn't take very long at all. Despite this I still enjoyed it and Jonathan Green managed to capture the spirit of the 12th Doctor very well. I'll probably return to this again to try out different paths through the story.
Brooklyn Tayla
This was yet another fabulous buddy read with Natalia. We were both pleasantly surprised with how 12 was actually written as canon, for once. And we had a lot of fun swapping pictures and talking about our choices as we were reading :)
Taksya
Classico libro gioco, crei l'avventura in base alle risposte proposte per ogni azione.
Il dodicesimo Dottore, alieni, villaggi abbandonati, fari misteriosi... veloce, semplice, un classico prodotto per ragazzi.
Belinda Missen
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
You know why I bought this? It's a choose your own adventure. I had been possibly 25 years since I've read a CYOA book, and this was every bit as fun as I remember them to be.
The story was quite juvenile, but I wasn't expecting any great, literary novel to happen. It was fun, enjoyable, and a quick read, also good to read out loud to friends while you drink a coffee or three.
Like Doctor Who? Pick this one up!
Michela
A nice little book to enjoy over and over: it is a gamebook, in which you can decide what the Doctor does at the end of each chapter. You do not read it from start to finish, but you follow the story, and I love those! I really recommend it.
Brittany
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't know how one marks a book like this finished, but I have done many of the story possibilities and would like to put it down. It's a wild ride and it's fun to see 12 written canonically instead of, well, not. I loved it and I hope there are more.
Mark Povelaitis
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great! Got the less than stellar ending - time to reread!
Kribu
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not entirely sure how one marks a book like this finished, and I'm fairly certain I haven't managed to explore all the possible story threads, but frankly, the book smells so bad that I can't seem to spend more than 8-10 minutes at a time with it before feeling like throwing up (yeah, I know, I'm supposed to love "the feel and smell of real books" but the combination of paper and ink is awful in this one, sorry).

So I'll probably be dipping in and out whenever I feel like it, but for the time
Andy Hickman
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jonathan Green, “Night of the Kraken: Doctor Who – Choose the Future” (London: London, 2016).

A fun interactive way of reading about a classic character.
Examples of the story:

(Entry 1)
“With a grinding wheeze the TARDIS materialises and comes to a juddering halt.
'Right' says the Doctor, straightening the lapels of his jacket and running a hand through his wiry grey hair. 'Let's take a look around, shall we?'”

(Entry 85)
“'Zombies and mysterious strangers with the wrong weaponry for this century aren
Apolodelimalimon
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Bueno, he leído ya varias opciones de este libro y creo que ya va siendo la hora de marcarlo como leído...
Se nota que no sería jamás el Doctor, porque todas las elecciones que tomo acaban con la historia yendo fatal así que... bueno. Es mi primera experiencia en este tipo de historias en las que eliges tú y la verdad es que me lo he pasado bastante bien. La historia es sencillita, nada del otro mundo, tampoco, y las opciones aunque limitadas están bien hiladas y aunque un poco cortas, te llevan
Garrett
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
More fun than it is good, because of the "Choose the Future" format. Still manages to be a recognizable Doctor Who story, though, with all that this entails. Brilliantly well put together, I thought, but I found that I am perhaps too old to be flipping pages back and forth this much. I got three distinct tales out of this before I had a section overlap, so definitely worth the money and Fall Break reading time.
Donna Sanders
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
It has been years since I read a "Choose your own adventure" story and it was fun. I have another one on hand from the public library, so off to start that one
Natalia
I loved this! review to come :)
Rose Drabble
Jun 24, 2016
Farina
Apr 28, 2016
Amy Loveridge
rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2016
Angela
Nov 11, 2016
Emma-Louise
Jun 28, 2017
Jonathan Green is a writer of speculative fiction, with more than seventy books to his name. Well known for his contributions to the Fighting Fantasy range of adventure gamebooks, he has also written fiction for such diverse properties as Doctor Who, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, Sonic the Hedgehog, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Moshi Monsters, LEGO, Judge Dredd and Robin ...more

Doctor Who: Choose the Future (2 books)
  • Doctor Who: Choose the Future: Terror Moon