Start by marking “Hacked Again” as Want to Read:

Hacked Again

Hacked Again details the ins and outs of cybersecurity expert and CEO of a top wireless security tech firm, Scott Schober, as he struggles to understand the motives and mayhem behind his being hacked.
Published March 15th 2016 by Scottschober.com Publishing

Start your review of Hacked Again
Ben
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Since the book is written by a noted cybersecurity celebrity, I was hoping for nitty-gritty details about how the author was hacked and specific steps he took afterwards to mitigate similar attacks. Instead the book was filled with vague sentiments about the attacks and many other high-profile attacks of recent years - punctuated by how often the author was interviewed on TV and radio afterwards. If you're looking for a yet another book surveying recent cybersecurity attacks, you might like this ...more
Silva Arapi
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hacked Again is a great book to understand more the complexity and dangers of online world. I would mostly recommend it to people who do not have a technical background because the book explains every detail in a very simple way. You will get to learn more ways on how to protect yourself and your data.
Debbie Viscosi
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In an age where much of life is conducted virtually (especially during the pandemic), this book should be part of everyone’s education. The message of this book is simple, be safe. Doing so is difficult.

Scott Schober runs a highly successful cyber security company. Much to his surprise, he has been hacked twice. Explaining how and what he has done to protect himself and his company illustrates the steps we need to take too. For example, people become complacent, even lazy, with passwords. With
Matt Seymour
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is a collection of stories and experiences of the author and his dealings with various cyber security incidents (how the author appeared on the news a lot). The book has a focus on the types of cyber attacks one to find as well as some of the practises to help mitigate against them. The book is well written but it doesn't really scratch the itch. It tickles you with some detail but that's about it. The book is lacking detail in the areas where I was expecting more; there are also a num ...more
Alice
Apr 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was very well written. It knew from the very beginning that the way to hook us into the book was to give us very impactful stories, so he did. Believe me, he has a lot to tell.

He separates the book into different parts. The first part is personal experiences that he went through when his business, and himself personally, were hacked. He tell us of how, despise being a security company, these things happen, the emotional turmoil, and what he learned through these experiences.

The second
Deneale Williams
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found Scott Schober and the details of his book “Hacked Again” by way of Twitter. And it caught my eye, especially when I noticed, directly under the title it read: “It can happen to anyone even a cybersecurity expert.” Okay, now I was totally looking over the details of this book cover to cover, and even made an attempt to contact Scott, and gave him the details of my blog.

He responded, and said he would love to have me read and review his book. And then he asked for my address. I was like w
Divya Mahajan
Apr 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Hacked Again by Scott N Schober is a book that should be read by everyone whether a technical expert or a common user. In these times when cyber crime, fraud and attacks have become almost everyday scenario. These can happen to anyone. This book discusses the these issues in a simple language that's easy to understand. One more thing is the language is neither preachy or a lecture but an easy read with anecdotes.
This book helps understand the types of cyber crimes than one can encounter like ph
Andrew Ysasi
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I like about this book so much is it is easy to read. The author is writing to the small business community and gives them 1) real stories on what a hack looks like and the steps to go through it (also what not to do!) 2) tips on how to reduce the likelihood of being hacked 3) the importance of strong passwords 4) if an IT person is talking techie, and you don’t understand, ask them to break down what they are saying (using analogies works wonders), and 5) explanations on what went wrong in ...more
Het
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Hacked again is made up of small snippets which scare you and continue to do so without offering a viable solution.
The start sounds very promising and I liked reading the first three chapters but after that it got repetitive and scary since the security failures kept happening. The only good thing were the quick tips at the end of those chapters giving a tiny relief.
What further didn't work for me while reading the book was that lot of information given was what I already knew or is easily avail
Somya Meena
Dec 08, 2020 rated it liked it
In the novel hacked again, the author encloses a large number of cases linked to cyber crimes and also gives a large list of preventative measures that an individual can take to protect their valuable information and data.
This book is great for anyone interested in cybersecurity but I highly recommend this book to everyone, it is easy to understand and follow, not too technical. It is well written and every step is thoughtfully organized.
The author clarifies everything simply with real-life ins
Aubrey Jones
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is told in a story form from the perspective of a business owner, inventor and cyber security expert. It had technical elements that felt impersonal and foreign. However, the personal nature that came across (starting from the introduction) made me want to stick with it. This world is strongly connected and its important to take precautions. The conversation style approach that this book takes makes you realize the danger of being hacked and the steps to take to avoid it. The humble, c ...more
Dave Ghidiu
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book is great! It's a quick read and provides a cautionary tale. Anyone in the InfoSec community should read this. Anyone NOT in the InfoSec community should read this. There are a lot of valuable lessons to be extracted; small changes in behavior that will reduce the risk of identity theft and other intrusions.

I have my college students read the book. Unilaterally, they provide positive and energetic feedback. It's a great window into the world of cybercrime and information security.

I can't
Kelly Schneider
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hacked Again by Scott N. Schober is a must read for anyone who owns a computer, smart phone or credit card. The book will benefit the novice as well as computer savvy businessmen. Mr. Schober addresses all issues related to scams, computer hacks, and compromised credit cards. He gives simple detailed steps the reader can take to ensure he/she is not the victim of scams and identity theft. I highly recommend this book for people of all ages and education levels.
Ibrahim
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is an amazing book, with lots of insight into the dangers we now face from hackers. For those looking to know more about hackers and how they affect our digital life, this is definitely the book for you while those that are after practical or technical aspects of hacking this is not the book for you.
Mohammad Mahloujian
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I have got the opportunity to read “Hacked again” by Scott N. Schober.

Hacked again with its 190 pages, is an easy to read. It shows many different aspects of the Cyber security threats for the business including examples from the business life. I am pretty sure that “Hacked again” could be a good document to hand over to the higher management in order to increase their understanding and awareness when it comes to what companies and organizations are exposed to. My recommendation would be to pro
Luke Osborne
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A useful insight in the world of cyber security - the author shares excellent advice through their very knowledgeable experiences and learning. A read which has left me considering my own security and with ideas to improve my own protection levels.
Aasif A.
Apr 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
A very good book. Detailed personal incident shared by author. Different types of attack and prevention from attack with depth understanding by Scott.
This book will engage readers.
If you are in to cybersecurity you'll like this one.
Matt Wien
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quick and easy read. Very informative and practical for the age we live in. Scott offers critical advice on how to keep you and your family safe in the digital age.
Orsayor
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars - Informative

Trent
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Too shallow for tech people, and much I-got-an-interview-to-go things, 1/4 is bragging.
George Davidson
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: infosec-cybersec
Good overview for beginners in Cybersec and from the personal perspective of a small business owner.
Tory Davenport
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Had to read this book for school and I absolutely loved it! Entertaining and informative. Great for anyone interested in cyber security.
Love Muzangwa
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books on Cyber Security.
Godswill Sambo
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great book that unveils the complexity and dangers of the online world.
I would recommend it to people who don't have a technical background of what the Internet world holds. You will learn more ways on how to protect your data and privacy.
Mohamed BEN
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am proud about reading this book and I love this book it's fantastic and valuable book because the author give important advice about cyberSecurity , and I say to the author and many companies don't worry after today because are many ethical hackers want to help enterprise and I am white hat, I have the honor to help many companies to be secure ...more
Olga Boot
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very useful and interesting book. It includes the author's own experience, the basics of cybersecurity and astonishing stories of the most famous breaches. Among these breaches are, for example, numerous attacks on Sony in which the well-known hacktivist groups Anonymous and LulzSec were engaged. Even the North Korean government was behind one of the attacks against Sony.
When speaking about the breaches the author not only presents many interesting details of the hackers' activity, but also an
Babylon458
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading your book. I share your pain over the years about being "hacked again", although I have never had so much money taken as your company did. I consider myself a gray hat, and from experience you seem to be right on point with your information. I remember all the major hacks that you speak about. And I also think that you seem well versed in ways on staying safe from being hacked.
There was one thing with the wireless that you didn't mention, WPS. Having this enabled on your
Melanie Adkins
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anyone can be hacked. ANYONE! Banks aren't in a hurry to fix it either. They aren't really concerned about one particular account. You have to stay vigilant. It's your responsibility to keep an eye on your accounts. The scariest part for "normal" folks is that even experts can be hacked. Yes, the people who study this and are in the know can have their accounts messed up. You have to remember. Hackers get their information from you. Easy passwords are a start. Be creative with your passwords. I ...more
Rick Radinsky
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Scott Schober's book Hacked Again is a solid overview of the various forms being hacked can come in, as well as steps someone can take to prevent falling victim. He provides world examples, in easy to understand and stay-interested in chapters, as well as a lessons learned from each chapter. This books is ideal for small business owners that don't have a dedicated IT security section, as well as any individual wanting to know what steps they can take to minimize their risk. Anyone putting Schobe ...more
Angie Mangino
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
By Scott N. Schober
2016
Reviewed by Angie Mangino
Rating: 5 stars

In our digitally connected world today, everyone faces the dangers of cyberattacks and credit fraud. If a cyber security expert can be hacked, what hope is there for any of us?

The author offers an answer to that question from his personal experience, as well as from his expertise, in this down-to-earth, easy to read and to understand book.

Divided into four parts, with a helpful glossary at the end to clarify for the non-
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 1 15 Jun 14, 2016 08:52AM

• Tears of a Cowgirl
  • Cosmogony: A Romantic Drama with Feminist Overtones
  • The Doctor Will Kill You Now
  • Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations
  • Ganesha's Secret: Food alone does not satisfy hunger
  • 101 Ways to Fix Oatmeal
  • Life Extension Design: Redesign your life for optimal health, performance, and longevity in order to become part of the first generation to choose whether to age and die ... or not.
  • Jackson
  • The Silent Wife (Will Trent, #10)
  • CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Exams 220-901 & 220-902
  • Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World
  • I Have the Watch: Becoming a Leader Worth Following
  • Daisy, Bold & Beautiful
  • Breaking the Cycle of Silence: Raising Awareness and Taking Action to Prevent Childhood Sexual Abuse
  • My Darling
  • Oscar The Ferry Cat
  • Zion and the BIG Mountain!
  • Season's Shadows

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »