Start by marking “The Weight Loss Cure ""They"" Don't Want You to Know About” as Want to Read:
The Weight Loss Cure ""They"" Don't Want You to Know About

The Weight Loss Cure ""They"" Don't Want You to Know About

An absolute cure for obesity was discovered almost fifty years ago by a British medical doctor. Tens of thousands of people used this simple, inexpensive, safe medical treatment and achieved miraculous, fast, and permanent weight loss. Stubborn area fat deposits melted away. Body reshaping of the hips, thighs, buttocks, and waist was so dramatic it appeared as if the patie ...more
Published April 10th 2007 by Vanguard Press

Be the first to ask a question about The Weight Loss Cure ""They"" Don't Want You to Know About

MJ Nicholls
Oct 28, 2013 marked it as getting-even
“They” are keeping everything covert. “I” spoke to “them” yesterday and “they” said “they” simply refused to reveal “their” instantaneous slimming techniques to the heil-pulley and pubbeyshites out “there.” Before “I” left, however, “I” managed to sneak “their” tips on a poorly placed printout, and here “they” “are”:

1. Eat forty mandarins and a knob of butter at 3.26pm every day while balancing a beaker of FizzPop on your head. All the cellulite will recede back into your thighs and seep out you
Karen
Feb 20, 2008 rated it did not like it
I was anxious to know the secret - too bad it involves endless internal organ cleansing and shots of hCG. No thanks.
Christie
Sep 25, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
I really liked this book b/c it reveals the problems that persist in our country that are keeping people from losing weight. It especially adresses the conspiracy issues of the food and drug industry's and the coupling of the 2 with our own government to keep people heavy. They make money! A caution though, I do agree with most of what is said in this book, but you must educate yourself on the physiology of the body and how it works so you can make informed decisions on whether to use the key po ...more
Adelle
May 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
A ridiculous book, if you ask me. Claiming that the only way to be "naturally skinny" is to inject yourself with pregnant women's urine. Whatever.
Zamfir McGillicutty
May 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Criminal. This guy should be in jail...Oh, he is? Okay, that seems right.
Celeste Batchelor
Sep 27, 2010 rated it did not like it
I am not impressed with this book. The author gives no real data, no studies, no factual evidence...just simply his opinion as he sees it. I'm not sure that his information is wrong, just that he does not state his evidence of why he is right. He is not a doctor, but a journalist! Most books like this at least state references to studies and other books where they got their information. This book has some references listed in the back, but it is not annotated to know which study belongs to which ...more
Dustin
Jun 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Corporations--specifically those in the food, pharmaceutical, and weight loss industries--are "in it for the money". So is Mr. Trudeau, methinks, considering he constantly urges us to read his other books, hardcover copies of which carry a $29.95 price tag.

I could go into details regarding this particular load of b.s., but I think the other Goodreads reviews cover the main points. You'd have to be a millionaire to make this program work. . . and nothing about it sounds appealing, healthy, or "qu
Anomaly
Jul 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Another of the books my mom was manipulated by advertisements into buying. I was a teen back then. A fat teen who desperately wanted to know the cure to being overweight. I read this book, nearly bought into the conspiracies... only to get so furious when the "cure" was an illegal hormone injection that I threw the book away. My mom was okay with that, after I explained what a scam the book had been.
Iona  Stewart
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
I'll begin by saying I admire Kevin Trudeau tremendously for his immense work in educating us, the masses, as to how to protect ourselves from environmental toxins, cleanse these from our bodies and eat optimally in order not to repollute ourselves. I admire him also for his tremendous courage in doing so in the face of threats to his life and well-being.

The present book deals with the only genuine weight solution known to Kevin Trudeau, one he himself has used with total success. This is Simeon
Elisheva Creve
Jul 15, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone interested in conspiracy theory
I took this book of of the library after a bout with insomia and his infomerical appeared. As someone who has been struggling with a weight problem for 2/3 of my life, I am getting desparate to lose weight. Even though I eat reasonably healthy and exercise (does chasing after two kids count?), my weight does not budge.

My favorite part of the book, aside from the entertainment I received when he described the conspiracy that the food companies and the US government are in to make people fat (and
John
Sep 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
WOW!! What an amazing book! I approached this book with an open mind due to the fact that i have had a weight issue my whole life
(16 years)and have tried everything out their (Slim fast, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, Vegan diet, Eat Right For Your type,etc...)
I even did two seasons of wrestling in jr. high, nothing helped. so i went through my Freshman year of high school in a basic state of dpression beacause of my weight. I thought that there was no way out.

Then I my grandmother (who is also
Danalee
Dec 28, 2008 rated it it was ok
This is the book that I read parts of and did my crazy diet from... the other info I got is called Dr Simeons "Pounds and Inches." You can google it and find it online. I loved it, I am so happy I did it for other reasons beyond the weight loss. I learned a ton about my eating urges and learned to discern the differences between my cravings and actual hunger. I have never been on a diet before- and this was a great way to just force me/teach me how to eat healthy. I learned to cook a few things ...more
Matt
Aug 07, 2008 rated it did not like it
I read this book cover-to-cover with an open mind. What a load of crap. I admit it. I got suckered. This guy is a con artist. This author pretends to sell a new weight loss technique, but it is loaded with left-wing propaganda and anti-capitalist ranting. He rants against the conspiracy between food and drug companies to keep Americans fat, but then tells us that to lose weight, the only solution is to inject yourself with urine from pregnant women and eat only 100% organic food. At one point in ...more
Yisel
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Written for the lowest common denominator. Is alarmist and with a conspiracy theory tone that I found almost insulting. I would rather it had been more science based. Currently no definitive proof that HCG is more than just a placebo. The protocol is extreme and controversial with many conflicting testimonials. There is some valid information in the book on the current state of our food supply and the overall toxicity in our environment. And I would probably try the protocol under medical superv ...more
Amanda
Mar 24, 2008 rated it did not like it
This book has a very catchy title, especially if you want to lose weight. Unfortunately it also says a lot about the author's conspiracy theory angle. He simply presents Dr. Simeon's findings on the hCG diet from 1960s and pontificates his own extreme additions and products. If you want to learn about the hCG diet go to http://www.thecntr.com/POUNDS&INC... where you get the correct information that Dr. Simeon published rather than Kevin's unrealistic and fanatical version of Dr. Simeon's die ...more
Harry Roger Williams III
Mar 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Promises, promises. He's a master at whipping up excitement and then breaking the very promises he made. To use the words "all natural and effortless" to describe (in the cover copy) what is within goes beyond exaggeration. I read much more than I should have before putting it aside. I decided to enter this before giving it to the Friends of the Thomas Crane Public Library for their bookstore. It sat on my shelf for nearly a year and the only thing this is good for is creating an extra inch on m ...more
LM
Jun 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book recommends taking the pregnancy hormone HCG to lose weight and lose it in the right places when combined with a short term fasting/starvation diet. It was quite stupid and I
don't remember much. However I do find while pregnant I am motivated to exercise, eat healthier, and often lose weight in the right places so while I believe pregnancy hormone are exceptional I'd prefer them to be enjoyed exclusively by pregnant women.
Heather B
May 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
While I don't necessarily agree with his "the whole world is out to get you and make you fat" mentality, I thought the book was very interesting. I believe some of the reasons why you are fat and can't lose weight that he describes in the book are true for a lot of people. From the research I have done, it seems that the science is sound and that if you follow the protocol to the T, you will attain the results you want.
Laurie
Sep 03, 2008 rated it did not like it
I wanted to find out what this was all about, but after reading more about these injections, decide this is not for me. In order to lose weight, according to this book, you have to inject a daily dose of pregnant women's urine(human chorionic gonadotrophin)hcg into your body. No way, NEVER. He is very extreme! Didn't finish the whole book, almost did. Can't believe someone would really do this. Many other things are way out there for me.
Runningfox
Aug 28, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: No never
This is a very boring book and very poorly written..The information in this book was nothing new..Anyone with an eighth grade education or better is already familiar with much of the information contained within the book.. I recommend anyone thinking of purchasing it to think again..Anyone using the internet or any public library can obtain the information in this book free of charge and it would be much less boring also..I absolutely will not recommend this book to anyone.
Emma
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was good im going to give it a try cause i cant say anything negative unless i do it but i have high hopes. if your into conspiracy theories and all that u will love this book, KT does waffle a little bit but he is only trying to get his message across so if u can get past that ur on the right road. dont know how any one can give an opinion when they dont finish the book or even try the protocol
Karina
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
It does have some useful information and truth to it. But it is made to seem as if this is the only way to cure being overweight. When in fact it is not the only way. But I read it with an open mind so I did learn some things from it. I myself would not do this diet for it seems to drastic for me. It claims to be easy and inexpensive but with all the cleanses and supplements they want you to take I think it doesn't end up being so. But that is just my opinion, everyone is entitled to theirs.
Lesley
Apr 08, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: wellness
Not well written, extremely repative. Author seems very self-righteous. However, he suceeded in sparking my interest about using human chorionic gonadatrophin with an extremely low calorie diet as a cure for obesity. I would try it if I could find a Dr. to prescribe it...but that is info you have to subscribe to Mr. Trudeau's website to have the privledge of viewing.
Laurie
Jul 07, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: waste-of-time
This book was a total waste of time. Who is able to do half the things you need to do in this book to lose weight (colonics 3 X a month, only organic foods, drinking 3 or 4 different kinds of tea each day? ) plus get shots every day? Whatever... I didn't even finish this book it was such a waste of time.
Jeff Clarke
Nov 02, 2007 rated it liked it
Lots of great insight into the food and pharmaceutical industry and how they make you fat and sick. A great diet that I lost 25 pounds on and I've kept off for over a year. I would have lost more if I stuck with it.

The only thing I'm not keen on here, is the repetitiveness of the author and it also seemed like the book was a sales pitch.
Mary
Sep 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I initially read this book two years ago and shelved it because the whole premise is based on a supplement that was not available to the general public. Now the supplement is avilable and I have seen dramatic results with friends at work. The 'cure' holds promise and is a total departure from mainstream diets so I am giving it a try. The proof will be in the results.
Nadine
Oct 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This is again a GREAT find. Kevin Trudeau exposes the health industry and pharmaceutical kingdom.

It is to the industries interest to keep us FAT. All the diet soda and diet food and diet exercise equipment -- would be trashed if we actually lost weight and kept it off.

This book is a MUST read for anyone who is interested in being and living a healthy life.
Allison
Mar 03, 2008 rated it did not like it
This book has lots of ideas in it that sound really good, but with a hectic life, I can't imagine doing all that this guy suggests to lose weight. I think that I will just stick to doing more activity and eating less calories. Sure, it may be slower, but much more doable that this guys plan of doing like 60 things for one month on a daily basis! Who has time for that?
Peggy
May 11, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: yuck
This man is so full of himself that he assumes you aren't smart enough to "get it" the first time he says something. He spent the first third of the book repeating himself a dozen times at least. I skipped most of the book so as not to waste so much time. The "weight loss cure" sounds like a lot of witch craft and very weird. I'll pass.
Smpaetz
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
He writes terrible. He always sounds like he is selling me on his other books. He does give good information about HCG which is why I got it. I wish he had something current that talked about HCG that is on the market today rather than just the injections that you have to find a doctor in order to get.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Mastering the Zone: The Next Step in Achieving SuperHealth and Permanent Fat Loss
  • High Jinx (Blackford Oakes Mystery #7)
  • A Dangerous Man
  • Always A Lady
  • Laugh Again
  • Confessions of a Backup Dancer
  • Lazarus
  • Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets
  • A Man Like Mac
  • Atkins for Life: The Complete Controlled Carb Program for Permanent Weight Loss and Good Health
  • The Best American Short Stories 2003
  • The Cowboy (Ladies and Legends, #3)
  • Getting Stronger: Weight Training for Men and Women
  • Feeling Fat, Fuzzy or Frazzled?: A 3-Step Program to: Beat Hormone Havoc, Restore Thyroid, Adrenal, and Reproductive Balance, and Feel Better Fast!
  • What the Bible Says about Healthy Living: Three Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Diet and Improve Your Health
  • The Metabolic Typing Diet: Customize Your Diet To: Free Yourself from Food Cravings: Achieve Your Ideal Weight; Enjoy High Energy and Robust Health; Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary with Access Code
  • Sugar Busters! Cut Sugar to Trim Fat
Kevin Mark Trudeau is a convicted American fraud artist, author, radio personality, infomercial host, and salesman who promotes various unsubstantiated health, diet and financial "remedies". Several of his books, including Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About, allege that both the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the pharmaceutical industry value profit over treatments or cures.

T