Start by marking “Rebel Soul (Rebel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rebel Soul (Rebel, #1)

Rebel Soul

(Rebel #1)

Tessa Armstrong has one more summer at home before heading off to college with her best friend. She’s been counting down the months, waiting to be free of her overbearing brothers and overprotective father — not to mention getting out of the small, suffocating town she’s grown up in. The one thing Tessa doesn't count on is falling in love, least of all with Brock Miller. H ...more
Published June 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel Soul

Taylor Freeman
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite story lines.

I thought the writing was done really well. A little background on each of the characters and we got to know them without having to read 50 extra pages.

The pacing was really good I didn't feel like anything was rushed. There was a few different things going on at once but nothing felt like it was just thrown in there to add more pages or to make it seem more interesting. It was all thought out well.

Of course with any, older guy who used to be besties with your b
Sophie Koufes
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebel Soul unveils a effusive prose about young, forbidden first love.

The writing style reveals a contemporary style romance with intricate layers. Character's are in full bloom & evolve.

This novel will draw you in from page one & keeps you captivated until the end. A paradigm of what's to come next. This novel amplifies supporting character's for future books, without taking away anything from the plot. Looking forward to reading the next novel in this series.

Being that I live in Onta
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

Rebel Soul book 1 in the Rebel Series by JC Hannigan was fantastic. I first discovered JC Hannigan when she released her Collide Series her writing style and great characters just held me from the first page and this new release was no different.

Tessa Armstrong lives at home with her father and her over protective brothers she's eighteen years old but they still treat her like she's a little girl
Samantha Soccorso
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
JC Hannigan has done it again with a well written novel. Another series that will have any reader hooked from the first to the last page. The theme of the book anyone can relate to with young love and heartbreak to losing a loved one and having overprotective siblings. It is a lot to handle being human and dealing with these issues in life, but the main characters have learned to go through the motions.

Tessa and Brock are opposites at first sight, but then they end up completing each other. Both
Linda Rea
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tessa has been protected by her brothers ever since she was little, her mom died after she was born so if it wasn't for her best friend Elle's mom she would have had a hard time learning all the girl things. Tessa and Elle are going to a camp out on the Miller property where lots of people set up tents and just have fun. Elle dates Braden Miller whose one of the family the town gossips about especially since the older brother Brock spent time in jail for assault. When they go to the party Tessa ...more
Kasey
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Tessa is a strong girl, who knows what she wants even though it doesn't come easy being the only girl in her family. Having over protective brothers can be good but not when you are having a social life, but and old friend of her brothers is back and she's been warned to stay away but seeing Brock she can't help being drawn to him. Brock is back in town for a short visit and he doesn't look for a warm welcome , to other people he's trouble having served time for beating a person to near death bu ...more
Melissa Parnell
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by JC Hannigan and I truly enjoyed it. I loved Brock and Tessa. I thought they were adorable and I can't turn down a brother's best friend story. I found her family to be a bit obnoxious, but they grew on me. I also love the secondary characters of Elle and Braden. Their story was more angsty for me that Tessa and Brock. There story will definitely be heartbreaking. I love this book and have moved on to the second book of Elle and Braden and cannot wait for more. I will de ...more
Tonya Peterson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Letting go

This book has been wonderful, from the beginning you knew there was something true between Tessa and Brock but due to Brocks history Tessas family couldnt accept it till it was almost too late. But when the time came for support brock and his family was surprised at the support.
Meg K
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swoon

Rebel Soul was one of those books that pulls you in from the very first page. Brock and Tessa were amazing together and the other characters in this book made it something special. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series!
BethAnn Redd
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotions... love... - realism ... love characters ... love the love -- LOVE this is a great book. quick read- because I could not put it down! The characters were that well done, the story was that well put together.
Stacy
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming

Tessa is an amazing strong woman. Its fun seeing her father and brothers try to protect her from any guy who pays her any attention. Brock comes back home and stirs up all sorts of emotions in Tessa.
Pat
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book drew me in from the very first page with the well written storyline that flowed flawlessly and the well developed characters that kept me totally enraptured until the very end!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Chrystal
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the story between Brock and Tessa.
Her father tells her to stay away from the Miller boy. But she has an affection for him that is unlike anything she has ever felt. This book was definitely a great read.
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kathy
This was my first novel my J.C. Hannigan and it has certainly captivated my interests and made me clamor for more of her writing. She is a fantastic storyteller and I devoured every word in this novel.

Rebel Soul is a story about Tessa, the youngest child and only daughter of a widowed farmer, and Brock, the eldest child of widowed mother who has a past that he is constantly thrown in his face. Brock was friends with Tessa's older brothers as they were growing up, but life happens and time passed
Morgan
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Full Review can be found at http://thegraduatedbookworm.blogspot.ca

First I just want to say how amazing it was to meet J.C. Hannigan in person! I've probably said it a thousand times, but the word are always true! I've been a fan (even not having read her books) ever since I started my blogging. I've adored her covers and getting to finally hold them in my hands as well as meet the person who wrote such words is inspiring! For me, it really shows that you can go for your dreams!

So throughout thi

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

Blurb:

Lauren Jones
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Frankly, I didn’t care. I had no intention of seeing Brock. I barely put up with having Braden around. While my heart had softened marginally towards the youngest Miller boy, I still didn’t particularly like him and I had absolutely zero desire to awaken that old, awkward crush I’d harbored on Brock when I was a gangly ten-year-old.

What is love? Is it that jittery feeling in your stomach that you get after you see that special someone? Is there actually love at first sight? Can it truly be so st
Briana Pacheco
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love that the author has a way of writing sweet, emotional stories without making it dark and depressing. If I ever need a book that can make me laugh and clutch at my heart at the same time, Rebel Soul would be one of them. <3

Tessa Armstrong is the only girl in her family so you can just imagine what having overprotective brothers can cause. No man can touch her without consequences. I love her brothers but at the same time you're left thinking, 'okay, seriously, Tessa is proving herself t
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
If you’re a regular on my blog you know that I am a JC Hannigan fan. I’ve read ALL her books and I’m pretty confident I will continue to do so. I love reading her words, watching her grow and feeling her moving, familiar and soulful love stories right through to my bones. Rebel Soul is no different. Writing a story that is a little bit different to her past books, the characters, the setting and the emotion in Rebel Soul is addictive and refreshing. Set in a small town, Hannigan explores the imp ...more
Elizabeth
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, eram
JC has done it again!
In Rebel Soul, we meet Tessa and Brock. She is the youngest (and only girl) of four and just starting her last summer before heading off to college. Her widowed father and older brothers have just a *few* issues with her growing up. Brock is several years older, he is the oldest of 3 and has returned to their small hometown because of his mother's illness.
The sparks between these two fly almost immediately! While their relationship is sweet to watch, this story is really a
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
This is the first book that I have read by this author and she has found a fan for life. This book tells the emotion of the characters and you feel your heart palpitate while reading this. There is a little added mystery to this story and you have to wonder if the characters will do what the parents and small town want or if they will explore and make their own decision.
Tessa the youngest in the family has a hard time with her older brothers and dad being super strict and thus boys or men are sc
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Star Rating: 4 stars

Well...this one was different for me. I do love forbidden love and this one was especially forbidden seeing as Brock is older than Tessa.

Tessa Armstrong the daddy's girl and baby of the family. Fiercely protected by all of the males in her family because she is female but when one night out shows her that there is more to the boy she used to crush on when she was a little girl all bets are off.

Brock Miller is the town criminal, everyone judges yet no one knows the truth and
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.
I don't know where to start with this review. LOL
I have always been a huge fan of JC Hannigan's books. Rebel Soul is by far my favorite book out of anything she has written.
Tessa was about to go off to college with her best friend. She wanted to have fun and do her thing without her brothers or her dad breathing down her neck. When she sees one man that she has always had a crush on, her family throws a fit. They want noth
Samantha Soccorso
J.C. Hannigan has done it again with another well written novel. She is talented, romantic and creative in every way possible. She knows how she wants her characters to sound and writes them how she pictures them. All her fans wait eagerly on the edge of their seats for every novel that she has published that's just how good they are. In the short span of being an author she has published more books than I can count on my one hand.

I loved this book with the two new main characters Tessa and Broc
Stephanie Ortez
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. You know those books that you aren't sure what made them your favorite? this is one of those books but I will try. For one reason the characters were so believable and relate-able. Each of the character's personalities were different but still similar enough to relate to them.

Elle was my favorite character. She was smart and determined to do what she wanted in life despite the problems in her path (I hated Braden so much towards the end!). Tessa, the main character is
Cat Elliott
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book.

Just, *sigh*, Brock. I mean, dream man much?! He's literally perfect, and I might have taken a bit of a likening to him, hehe!
I should probably point out that Tessa is equal levels of awesome, she really was an amazing character, they all were!

This was my first read by JC Hannigan but it definitely won't be the last!
- Incredibly well written
- Fantastic plot pace
- 'Full', real, relatable characters
- Brock. Because, well, Brock. Ok so I definite
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
This was the first novel I've read by Canadian author, J. C. Hannigan. Rebel Soul was both sweet and satisfying!

Tessa and Brock’s love is forbidden- she's been warned by her father and brothers to stay away- but they are drawn together, like magnets. I enjoyed how their relationship grew and blossomed throughout the entirety of the story.

Ms Hannigan has also written some great secondary characters to go alongside our mains. I absolutely adored the friendship and bond between Tessa and Elle!

My
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Hook (Duplicity Duet, #1)
  • Lost Stars
  • Weightless (Begin Again Duet #2)
  • Bones
  • Innuendos (It Had 2 B U, # 1)
  • Shallow
  • Blended
  • Scattered Thoughts
  • From Dust (Portland ME, #1)
  • Doctrine of Indecency: 18 Coveted Tales of Lust
  • Just One More Minute
  • All the Waters of the Earth (Giving You..., #3)
  • Caught in the Flames
  • Mixed (Breaking Free, #2)
  • KADE: A Second Chance Rockstar Romance
  • Mack (Black Mountain Pack Bk 1)
  • Seeking Patience
  • The Key To Micah's Heart (Hell Yeah! Equalizers #20)
J.C. Hannigan lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband, their two sons, and their dog. She writes contemporary romance, through which she brings to light awareness of mental health and social challenges.

Like any good Canadian, she loves hiking and carbs.

Collide is her first novel.

Rebel (3 books)
  • Rebel Heart (Rebel, #2)
  • Rebel Song (Rebel #3)