Start by marking “Rebel Soul (Rebel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rebel Soul (Rebel, #1)

Rebel Soul

(Rebel #1)

Tessa Armstrong has one more summer at home before heading off to college with her best friend. She’s been counting down the months, waiting to be free of her overbearing brothers and overprotective father — not to mention getting out of the small, suffocating town she’s grown up in. The one thing Tessa doesn't count on is falling in love, least of all with Brock Miller. H ...more
Published June 4th 2016 (first published June 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel Soul

Start your review of Rebel Soul (Rebel, #1)
Taylor
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite story lines.

I thought the writing was done really well. A little background on each of the characters and we got to know them without having to read 50 extra pages.

The pacing was really good I didn't feel like anything was rushed. There was a few different things going on at once but nothing felt like it was just thrown in there to add more pages or to make it seem more interesting. It was all thought out well.

Of course with any, older guy who used to be besties with your b
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

Rebel Soul book 1 in the Rebel Series by JC Hannigan was fantastic. I first discovered JC Hannigan when she released her Collide Series her writing style and great characters just held me from the first page and this new release was no different.

Tessa Armstrong lives at home with her father and her over protective brothers she's eighteen years old but they still treat her like she's a little girl
Sophie Koufes
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebel Soul unveils a effusive prose about young, forbidden first love.

The writing style reveals a contemporary style romance with intricate layers. Character's are in full bloom & evolve.

This novel will draw you in from page one & keeps you captivated until the end. A paradigm of what's to come next. This novel amplifies supporting character's for future books, without taking away anything from the plot. Looking forward to reading the next novel in this series.

Being that I live in Ontario, Can
Sandra (bookjunkee)
love this book and the characters
Christina Salem
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally loved this story.
Kathy
This was my first novel my J.C. Hannigan and it has certainly captivated my interests and made me clamor for more of her writing. She is a fantastic storyteller and I devoured every word in this novel.

Rebel Soul is a story about Tessa, the youngest child and only daughter of a widowed farmer, and Brock, the eldest child of widowed mother who has a past that he is constantly thrown in his face. Brock was friends with Tessa's older brothers as they were growing up, but life happens and time passed
Morgan
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Full Review can be found at http://thegraduatedbookworm.blogspot.ca

First I just want to say how amazing it was to meet J.C. Hannigan in person! I've probably said it a thousand times, but the word are always true! I've been a fan (even not having read her books) ever since I started my blogging. I've adored her covers and getting to finally hold them in my hands as well as meet the person who wrote such words is inspiring! For me, it really shows that you can go for your dreams!

So throughout thi
Lauren Jones
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Frankly, I didn’t care. I had no intention of seeing Brock. I barely put up with having Braden around. While my heart had softened marginally towards the youngest Miller boy, I still didn’t particularly like him and I had absolutely zero desire to awaken that old, awkward crush I’d harbored on Brock when I was a gangly ten-year-old.

What is love? Is it that jittery feeling in your stomach that you get after you see that special someone? Is there actually love at first sight? Can it truly be so st
Elizabeth
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, eram
JC has done it again!
In Rebel Soul, we meet Tessa and Brock. She is the youngest (and only girl) of four and just starting her last summer before heading off to college. Her widowed father and older brothers have just a *few* issues with her growing up. Brock is several years older, he is the oldest of 3 and has returned to their small hometown because of his mother's illness.
The sparks between these two fly almost immediately! While their relationship is sweet to watch, this story is really a
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.
I don't know where to start with this review. LOL
I have always been a huge fan of JC Hannigan's books. Rebel Soul is by far my favorite book out of anything she has written.
Tessa was about to go off to college with her best friend. She wanted to have fun and do her thing without her brothers or her dad breathing down her neck. When she sees one man that she has always had a crush on, her family throws a fit. They want noth
Linda Rea
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tessa has been protected by her brothers ever since she was little, her mom died after she was born so if it wasn't for her best friend Elle's mom she would have had a hard time learning all the girl things. Tessa and Elle are going to a camp out on the Miller property where lots of people set up tents and just have fun. Elle dates Braden Miller whose one of the family the town gossips about especially since the older brother Brock spent time in jail for assault. When they go to the party Tessa ...more
Samantha Soccorso
J.C. Hannigan has done it again with another well written novel. She is talented, romantic and creative in every way possible. She knows how she wants her characters to sound and writes them how she pictures them. All her fans wait eagerly on the edge of their seats for every novel that she has published that's just how good they are. In the short span of being an author she has published more books than I can count on my one hand.

I loved this book with the two new main characters Tessa and Broc
Stephanie Ortez
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. You know those books that you aren't sure what made them your favorite? this is one of those books but I will try. For one reason the characters were so believable and relate-able. Each of the character's personalities were different but still similar enough to relate to them.

Elle was my favorite character. She was smart and determined to do what she wanted in life despite the problems in her path (I hated Braden so much towards the end!). Tessa, the main character is
Samantha Soccorso
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
JC Hannigan has done it again with a well written novel. Another series that will have any reader hooked from the first to the last page. The theme of the book anyone can relate to with young love and heartbreak to losing a loved one and having overprotective siblings. It is a lot to handle being human and dealing with these issues in life, but the main characters have learned to go through the motions.

Tessa and Brock are opposites at first sight, but then they end up completing each other. Both
Sanzana
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I said that I'd read this book this weekend...
Friday's count as the weekend, right?

Anyway, I read this in one whole sitting and I have NO clue why I waited so long to catch up on JC's novels.

I should mention that I accidently won this, aka, I didn't know I entered a giveaway for a chance to win it. Irregardless, I ended up loving it!

Top 5 reasons why you should read this book:
1. The chemistry between Tessa and Brock is sizzling and so on point!
2. It's the perfect summer read while you're on v
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Tessa is a strong girl, who knows what she wants even though it doesn't come easy being the only girl in her family. Having over protective brothers can be good but not when you are having a social life, but and old friend of her brothers is back and she's been warned to stay away but seeing Brock she can't help being drawn to him. Brock is back in town for a short visit and he doesn't look for a warm welcome , to other people he's trouble having served time for beating a person to near death bu ...more
Elizabeth Barone
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the small town of Parry Sound, the Millers are THAT family; they haven't had it easy, and the rest of the town loves to talk. So when Tessa's father tells her to stay away from "that Miller boy," it isn't news. But neither Tessa or Brock can deny the chemistry between them, and soon they have no choice but to give in to temptation and see where things go.

J.C. Hannigan writes with tempting tenderness, deftly capturing the spirit of the last summer before college, that suspended moment in time
Sophie Koufes
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rebel Soul unveils a effusive prose about young, forbidden first love.

Being that I live in Ontario, Canad
Dusty Summerford (Reviews by Reds)
I will never be able to put into words how much I loved this book. JC Hannigan knows how to bring her characters to life. She really makes you feel like you know them and you actually feel connected to them.

Tessa and Brocks story is full of emotions. Tessa is the only girl with overprotective brothers and Brock is bad news, or so everyone says. But their chemistry is off the charts!!

I have read and loved all of JC Hannigan's books. She is truly an automatic one click for me.

I received an ARC i
Karen Cimms
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can I say how excited I am that this is a series? This was the first book of J. C. Hannigan's that I've read, and it sure won't be the last. I loved Brock and Tessa. I loved how quickly they fell for each other and how they never wavered. I also loved that the story wasn't predictable and didn't follow any type of blueprint. It made it seem much more real to me. I found all of the characters interesting. I'm not sure where J.C. plans to take this series, but I'd hitch a ride with any of them. An ...more
Melissa Parnell
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by JC Hannigan and I truly enjoyed it. I loved Brock and Tessa. I thought they were adorable and I can't turn down a brother's best friend story. I found her family to be a bit obnoxious, but they grew on me. I also love the secondary characters of Elle and Braden. Their story was more angsty for me that Tessa and Brock. There story will definitely be heartbreaking. I love this book and have moved on to the second book of Elle and Braden and cannot wait for more. I will de ...more
Erika's Book Blog
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, small-town
JC Hannigan's writing style whisks you away with her flowing prose in a beautiful and endearing story about young, forbidden first love. Tessa and Brock's against all odds turned fairy tale tugs at your heart, causing you to identify with all the feelings of your own when you were transitioning from child to adult. They navigate through misconceptions, family interference, and tragedy to pick their way to an innocent, pure, yet steamy romance. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. ...more
Stacy Aube
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for a honest review. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

Brock has lived a very messed up life so far. Not realizing there could be a brighter future until he runs into Tessa. The two overcome so many obstacles to be together. Living in a judgemental town doesn't help.

I have read just about everything this author has written and haven't been disappointed yet. Another great book.
Svea
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Started and finished this book in a little over six hours. The first work of JC that I've read and I was completely enthralled; I could barely rip my eyes away from it to have dinner. Tessa and Brock are written near perfect, and if their romance doesn't do it for you, the supporting cast leaves you wanting more. Tessa was relateable, but not whiney, while Brock was brooding, but not sickening. Loved it from beginning to end - fabulous work! Onto Rebel Hearts! ...more
Michelle Heron
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
It was no surprise that I'd fall in love with this book, I love all of JC Hannigan's books so much. Her words seem to grab your attention right from the beginning and keep your interests through the entire book which isn't necessarily an easy task but she makes it look easy. If you haven't already read this book trust me you should you won't be disappointed. ...more
Sarah Jimenez
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was fun. I loved Tessa and Elle and Brock from the moment they appeared in the screen. Hannigan knows how to craft a fast paced, heartfelt love story. Her characters felt like friends and I was rooting for them and crushed when their hearts broke.

If you want a fun romance full of all the feels, definitely start the Rebel Soul series. Your heart will thank you later.
Tonya Peterson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Letting go

This book has been wonderful, from the beginning you knew there was something true between Tessa and Brock but due to Brocks history Tessas family couldnt accept it till it was almost too late. But when the time came for support brock and his family was surprised at the support.
Pat
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book drew me in from the very first page with the well written storyline that flowed flawlessly and the well developed characters that kept me totally enraptured until the very end!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
BethAnn Redd
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotions... love... - realism ... love characters ... love the love -- LOVE this is a great book. quick read- because I could not put it down! The characters were that well done, the story was that well put together.
Meg K
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swoon

Rebel Soul was one of those books that pulls you in from the very first page. Brock and Tessa were amazing together and the other characters in this book made it something special. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series!

• Sex and Vanity
  • One to Watch
  • Wait for Me
  • Curveball (Barlow Sisters #1)
  • Faking It (Fake Boyfriend Duet Book 1)
  • Midnight Rose
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Midnight Winters (The Midnight Series Book 2)
  • When Wishes Bleed (When Wishes Bleed, #1)
  • All-American Princess (The Glitterati Files #1)
  • Afterlife (Afterlife Saga, #1)
  • The Facilitator
  • Between a Rock and a Royal (Kings of Carolina, #1)
  • The Facilitator, part 2
  • The Price for Peace (Royal Factions #1)
  • Her Billionaire Boss (The Black Tie Billionaires, #1)
  • Safe for Now
  • Losing at Love (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #2)
J.C. Hannigan lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband, their two sons, and their dog. She writes contemporary romance, through which she brings to light awareness of mental health and social challenges.

Like any good Canadian, she loves hiking and carbs.

Subscribe to J.C.'s Newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/jchannigannewsletter

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/j-c-hannig

Rebel (3 books)
  • Rebel Heart (Rebel, #2)
  • Rebel Song (Rebel #3)