Start by marking “Royal (Rixton Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Royal (Rixton Falls, #1)

Royal

(Rixton Falls #1)

His name is Royal, but he’s no prince charming. He’s not even a prince - though you could say I loved him once upon a time.

He was my older brother’s best friend.

Growing up, he sat at our dinner table every Sunday, teased me mercilessly, and pretended I annoyed him.

When I was old enough, he took me on my first date.

Royal taught me how to drive. Escorted me to my junior
Published February 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Royal, please sign up.
C. According to her facebook page, "Get ready to meet Royal Lockhart on Tuesday, February 23rd"

Start your review of Royal (Rixton Falls, #1)
London
I can't stand it when the hero abandons the heroine and then is intimate with another woman. Even if it's only once. You left the supposed love of your life heartbroken and yet you slept with someone while separated? No, I need him celibate if he leaves her with no explanation or anything.

Hero leaves heroine (view spoiler) No thanks!
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Let me start off by saying that this may be the unpopular opinion. I can only speak to what I felt as I read this.

While I didn't think the story was terrible, I found it extremely frustrating and disappointing during the most critical points. It started out really good actually. I liked reading about Royal and Demi's transition from cooties, to reluctant awareness, and finally full on consuming love as they grew up together. Then there's an event that pulls them apart. While it felt a
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

TITLE: Royal
AUTHOR: Winter Renshaw
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: February, 2016

MY RATING

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've not read anything by this author before, BUT books like this are my guilty secret, I LOVE best friends brother, sister books (damn what a mouth full)

Royal is told in his/her POV's

ROYAL Starts off with Demi at the age of 10 in diary format to the age of 18..
He relentlessly hounded her to go on a date with him, he taught her how to drive in his truck, escorted her to prom and was the
Jacqueline's Reads
3 – 3.5 Stars

I picked up Royal because it’s an older brother’s best friend book and it’s been the number 1 romance book on Amazon for a few days. Yes I look at that. I thought the summary was interesting the cover very sexy.

The book starts out very cute and adorable. It’s about Royal and Demi. They know each other since they were 10 ten years old. Royal grows up in a foster home and is a friend of the family. Royal has been in love with her since. When they became teenagers the love grew to
RJ
Feb 24, 2016 marked it as no-thank-you  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sex-with-ow
Zayn Malik...is that you?
Mandy
4.75

Royal was in love with Demi when they were teenagers. She wouldn't give him the time of day until he finally talked her into going out with him. They fell in love and were happy for 18 months but then something happened and Royal left without any explanation. Demi was devastated but moved on with her life. 7 years later, Royal is back just when Demi needs him the most but she can't forget the fact that he walked away without a goodbye.

I'm really picky about second-chance romance books but
Nikki ღ Navareus

***THREE STARS***

Well, this one started out pretty strong, and sucked me right in. I was looking forward to reading about Royal and Demi reuniting, but the "big secret" drug on for freaking ever. So long, that I started to not care anymore. I really never felt invested in Royal and Demi's relationship either, I just didn't feel the connection between them. Oh and, Royal's boss's daughter was seriously disgusting. (view spoiler)
Rachel K
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wish I could have rated it higher but there were too many things that didn't sit right with me. (view spoiler) ...more
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
DNF at 43%

It was some kind of torture, honestly. Demi was a pushover and I hate that in my romance books. She made me mad and annoyed and bored all at the same time. As for Royal, let's just say that if h showed up at my door after 7 years without explanation, his body would never be found.

Over and out
Ilze
May 13, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The cover was the best thing about this book.

Alla
3.5 stars (again I really need to be able to have a half star system on here....).
Not too heavy on angst and drama (thankfully) and a little tiny twist of mystery thrown in there.
A nice second chance love story.
~Mindy Lynn~
AMAZON FREEBIE 7/22/17
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I liked Demi and I even liked Royal. I was conflicted on liking Demi's parents though. Royal was taken from his mother when he was in first grade and had been moving from one foster home to another never staying in one place long. But the one place he felt like he belonged and finally had a semblance of a family was with the Rosewood family. He was best friends with the son Derek and in love with their oldest daughter, Demi. But
Dilek VT
2.5 stars rounded up to 3

This book is both frustrating and sad because of the following reasons:

1. Our hero was in foster care and one day something tragic happens to him. People who know the hero well, who accepted him as a son for so many years, didn’t believe him when he needed their help most and his life is ruined because of a set-up and having no one to believe him. He loses his best friend, the love of his life and all his hopes for a good future.

***

2. When he was finally able to see the
Deborah

2.5 to 3*

I liked both the cover and the blurb so this jumped right to the top of my list and it started well, really well I liked that we got snippets of Demi and Royal when they were younger but while it showed them growing up and growing together it wasn't quite enough for what was to come.
We know from the blurb that he leaves without explanation and he's gone for seven years. For the devastation she suffers and the love that never goes away I needed a stronger base, I needed more time with
Ezinwanyi

This one was just such a let down.
First off, Royal was the BF of 10 year Demi Rosewood's older brother Derek. Then when Demi was around 15, she and Royal became a couple. Three years later, Royal just disappeared. The whole Rosewood family knew why but no one told Demi. The family who claimed Royal was like a member of their family never lifted a finger to help him. Demi, the daughter of a top criminal attorney, never searched criminal records to find out about her true love.

Demi moves on with
Anne OK
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
This is a full-length, stand alone with a second chance at love with your sibling’s best friend romance by a new-to-me-author.

Royal is a misunderstood hero. When he suddenly disappears from sight and doesn’t return for seven years, needless to say there’s a price to pay with people who have loved him in the past. Has he lost the love of his life forever? At this point, Demi is kind of, sort of, might be engaged to another man – but he’s in a medically-induced coma and might not remember that
AJ
3.5 stars!

The premise of this book completely sucked me in – childhood sweethearts… brother’s best friend… second chance romance. It’s the trifecta of romantic set-ups that I’m always a sucker for, so I knew I had to read it.

The book begins in the past, showing us the history between Royal and Demi. Royal was a foster kid who was befriended by Demi’s older brother, Derek, and who instantly became a fixture in their lives. He always showed an interest in Demi, and over the years she went from
BabyBeth
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly? Not gonna lie, I one clicked this bitch because it was for 99 cents and hit the freaking #1 on Amazon's bestseller list. Judge me if you want, I won't give a ratsass.

Once I started reading it, tho, I began to feel that awesome feeling I get when I read Colleen Hoover's books - the writing was simple and addictive. No wordy bullshit. No tiring, in-your-face, look-how-talented-I-am (I'm looking at you, Mary Elizabeth). Just a good ole' what-you-see-is-what-you-get. I liked that.

The story
Gaufre

Ms. Renshaw writes compelling characters and I like the moments between Demi and Royal. But everyone seriously lacks communication skills and has trust issues in this book.

- Royal does not want to tell Demi, the love of his life, why he has to leave her because he does not trust that she will believe that he is innocent.

- Demi's father does not believe that Royal is being wrongly accused, even though he opened his home to Royal and treated him like a son.

- Demi does not tell her
Booklover

This is a note to self, everytime I go on Amazon and look at the top 100, then buy or download a free book.

description

I'm going to learn my lesson one day. I need to stop reading books that are over hyped. Just because they are bestsellers doesn't mean I am going to like it. I read less than half of Vegas Baby and gave up. Did I say "Ok this author isn't for you?". No I went and read Royal and I was doing this

description

I still don't know why Royal left. I gave up on chapter 18. The book dragged on and on and
M A R I G O L D
DNF. Dull and formulaic. Nope. Not doing crappy books like this anymore.
2.5 stars rounded to 3.

This was a compelling story about forgiveness and second chances. It was well written and I finished it in one sitting. However, it was very sad and maybe I just didn't want to be weighed down by what I read today. Plus I could have done without details of him with other women, even if it happened in the interim, so I definitely won't be reading this one again.

What I liked:
1) The writing. It was very engaging and I wanted things to work out for the MCs.
2) The h didn't
Ashley Cestra
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, beta
I just finished reading Royal! This novel was amazing! I read it in a day not being able to put it down! It was a current, happily ever after kind of story with HUGE character development and plot twists, I did t even foresee! Things like pintrest, go fund me pages and even present day television shows were mentioned! I felt like these characters could have been my friends.
I was gasping and making all kinds of audible sounds based on the words written on the pages! Rebel is my second read by
CeCe
Aug 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
HNRY - I don't like reading about the hero and his relationship with another woman. He leaves the heroine and then has a relationship with someone else. I love drama and crave it in my stories, but not that kind of drama. It just felt wrong in this situation and I don't want to read about it!!!
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
"We’re just a couple of strangers now. Strangers who once loved each other more than two people probably should."

2.5 Stars.

MOST STRESSFUL NA ROMANCE EVER.

*free on kindle unlimited*
Alia Ros
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
5 stars!!!!! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT

Jenn
This book started out great for me. It's a story about a girl and her brother's best friend. We get to see them as children then preteens then teens, and throughout this passing of time, we get to see how their relationship unfolds - how they come to fall in love with each other. It was sweet and real and had the book continued along that road, it would have been great. But alas, it crashed and burned somewhere and just could not come back.

Demi has loved Royal as long as she can remember. And
Kate
Mar 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Daisa
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5

Doesn’t he kind of look like Zayn Malik?Especially with the highlights in his hair... ;)

I bought this book on a whim. It was 99 and the cover was cute...More often than not, that’s not really a good thing for me as far as how much I enjoy the book. You get what you pay for and all that. But Royal was a winner and I really liked it.

Royal Lockhart and Demi Rosewood are childhood sweethearts. At 10 they had their first kiss. At 13 Demi finally gave in to her feelings for Royal. At 15 he

JAIME
Despite the excellent cover (seriously, that guy is HOTTTTT. Give him my number) this story was really hard to like.

The beginning of the story briefly details the life and times of children Demi and Royal from ages 10 - 18 or so where Demi is the daughter of an attorney in a loving family, and Royal is a foster kid who is best friends with Demi's brother, in love with Demi and a major part of the family.

Then, he just disappears. The family knows why, but no one will tell Demi.

This leads into

• Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • Fake Fiancée
  • Enemies
  • Dear Ava
  • Juked (Texas Mutiny, #1)
  • Shameless
  • Holler and Howl (Mosh Book 1) (Mosh Series)
  • Too Dangerous (The Lewis Cousins, #5)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Cards of Love: Justice
  • Checkmate: This is Reckless (Drew & Courtney, #1; Checkmate Duet, #3)
  • My Boss Can't Get Enough (Can't Get Enough #1)
  • Colton's Salvation: A Demented Sons MC Novel
  • Tangled Beauty (Tangled, #1)
  • Carpool (Milford College, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Scrooge McFuck (Some Girls Do It, #2)
  • Reapers and Roses (Grove High School, #1)

Rixton Falls (4 books)
  • Bachelor (Rixton Falls, #2)
  • Filthy (Rixton Falls, #3)
  • Priceless (Amato Brothers, #3, Rixton Falls, #4)
“Loneliness is watching the only girl you’ve ever loved find happiness in the arms of another man.” 10 likes
“Life may not always be a fairytale, but it doesn’t mean we can’t make our own happily-ever-after.” 6 likes