Start by marking “Once Upon a Moonlit Night (Maiden Lane, #10.5)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Moonlit Night (Maiden Lane, #10.5)

Once Upon a Moonlit Night (Maiden Lane #10.5)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  1,641 Ratings  ·  254 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Elizabeth Hoyt comes a delightful Maiden Lane novella that begins once upon a moonlit night—and ends wickedly, wonderfully ever after...

Hippolyta Royle is running for her life. Pursued by hounds on a cold rainy night, the heiress flags down a passing carriage and throws herself at the mercy of the coach's occupant. Whoever this handso
Audiobook, Unabridged, 4 pages
Published July 5th 2016 by Hachette Audio

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Moonlit Night, please sign up.

Julianna The story will probably make more sense if you read Duke of Sin first, as Hippolyta's story picks up in Once Upon a Moonlit Night exactly where it…moreThe story will probably make more sense if you read Duke of Sin first, as Hippolyta's story picks up in Once Upon a Moonlit Night exactly where it leaves off in Duke of Sin, which was kind of a cliffhanger.(less)
Asteropê Yes. Says so on the cover too. It's listed as #10.5.

Nenia *The Flagrant Liberal* Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

DUKE OF SIN was probably one of the best regency romances I'd had the pleasure of reading in a while. There are two things I love in romance novels: gamma heroes & slow-burn romances. This book had both. I was able to recommend it to all my friends in good faith & was delighted to see that they enjoyed it, too!

ONCE UPON A MOONLIT NIGHT popped up on Netgalley recently & I was super excited when I was approved. It's a novella foll
Stacey is Sassy
description

I thought I had to gird my loins

I finished and enjoyed Duke of Sin with the question…But what happened to poor Hippolyta?…burning through my brain. When I found out that we would be getting a novella telling us all about it, I was very excited. Yesterday, I went to Goodreads to update and list it as currently reading. While I was there I noticed that there were a few less than stellar ratings. What? How could that be? It’s a novella, what on earth could go wrong? Well, I didn’t look at the revi
Choko
Mar 04, 2017 Choko rated it liked it
*** 3.25 ***

Not bad. It is a novela, so it is short and excuses the meteoric acceleration from an accidental meeting on a rainy night in the middle of the road by a bedraggled young woman and an impoverished nobleman in his carriage, who offered her a ride, to marriage... The girl is the hairess who ran away from an insane kidnapping Duke, and she is fortunate to run into a young, handsome and mostly honorable gentleman, who thinks she is a bagger traveling actress or a very low class prostitute
Jilly
Jan 26, 2017 Jilly rated it liked it
For everyone who wondered "what the hell ever happened to Hippolyta?" after reading the last book. All your questions are answered. Except, the burning question on my mind: Who the hell names their daughter Hippolyta? That wasn't answered.

All I can think of is this:

Nuff said...
Alyssa
May 18, 2016 Alyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases
This publishes on my BIRTHDAY!!!!! So excited. =)

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Once Upon a Moonlit Night by Elizabeth Hoyt
Book 10.5 of the Maiden Lane series
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: July 5, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Caz
Readers of Duke of Sin, the recently released tenth book in Elizabeth Hoyt’s hugely popular Maiden Lane series will recall that one of the many nefarious plots engineered by the Machiavellian Duke of Montgomery was the kidnapping of Miss Hippolyta Royle, the wealthiest heiress in England. In that book, she was freed by the Duke’s housekeeper, the enterprising Bridget Crumb, who helped her to escape onto the moors – and then we heard nothing more of her. I admit, that loose plot-thread did seem ...more
♥Rachel♥
Jul 05, 2016 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical

I was eager to pick up Once Upon a Moonlit Night and find out what happed to Hippolyta Royale after escaping from the Duke of Montgomery’s clutches! Hippolyta was purported to be the richest heiress in England and therefore a much sought after catch, but running through the muddy hills of England have made her a sodden mess. She’s not out of danger, though, because the Duke’s men are still pursuing her. When a carriage comes barreling by and she jumps at the chance for a ride back to London. The
Bj
4 "A Chance Road Encounter Leads to the Perfect Match" Stars for the story and 5 Stars for the narration!

Source: Library-Loan.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

In this delicious offering from Elizabeth Hoyt, readers are thrown back into the Maiden Lane world and are once again reunited with Hippolyta Royle. Now if you’ve read the previous full-length book in this series, DUKE OF SIN, then you may be familiar with Hippolyta. She was the woman who Val kidnapped and wanted to make his wife before the heroine released her. So when I say that she’s been through a lot, I really mean it. The poor girl has been so strong though and I obviously had an immedia
Rebecca ♥ Ash, Kishan, Warner ♥
Hippolyta has been a recurring character in this series for so long that I am surprised that she didn't get her own full length novel. But this was still very good. I missed this series and I am so glad that I finally got this and Duke of Pleasure. I will be reading that one next.
Paige  Bookdragon

Entertaining for me but I'm a little bit bothered and annoyed by the heroine's "I'm a princess so serve me" attitude. I know she's an heiress and she has the right to complain about some things but I find it overacting when she asked the hero to carry her because the road is muddy.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
I really enjoyed this latest addition to Elizabeth Hoyt’s fabulous Maiden Lane series. This novella follows Hippolyta Royle’s “adventures” after escaping the clutches of the wicked Duke of Montgomery (DUKE OF SIN)

I love the unconventional first meeting between Hippolyta and Matthew. I had a vivid picture of the wet, bedraggled, dirty, smelly Hippolyta trying to convince a disbelieving Matthew that she is telling the truth and she is really an heiress! It’s hardly surprising he doesn’t believe a
Mandi Schreiner
Jul 11, 2016 Mandi Schreiner rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
This novella can be read as a stand alone, but if you have read Duke of Sin (if you haven't you must, must, must) you will recognize our heroine, Hippolyta Royle. She is the richest heiress in England, and in Duke of Sin, found herself kidnapped by the duke himself. (oh that naughty duke). The heroine in Duke of Sin helps Hippolyta escape, and this is where Once Upon a Moonlit Night starts. Hippolyta is running in the dark and rain from hounds chasing her and a carriage happens by. Hippolyta is ...more
Elaine
Jun 05, 2017 Elaine rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. This is probably my favourite period drama / period romance series.

Loved the new character and learning more about a minor character from previous book's.
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
2.5 grumpy, tired, back to work stars.

Perhaps I'd rate this a bit higher if I was less moody. But, ho hum.

I had such hopes for Hippolyta's book. I thought she'd end up with Valentine, so much for that. Then I was rather aggrieved to find she'd been consigned to a novella. But still: where there's Hoyt, there's hope.

Or not.

This was intensely mediocre. Nuts and bolts is fine. Sex, as ever: good.

But I found I did not like the H/h. Hippolyta becomes a rather whiny, entitled creature, helpless witho
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
3.75 Stars

Once Upon a Moonlit Night is a novella in the Maiden Lane series that can be read as a stand-alone despite the fact that the heroine's predicament is a significant plot point towards the end of Duke of Sin. I continue to adore Elizabeth Hoyt's writing and found this to be an entertaining read for a summer afternoon.

Hippolyta Royle is considered to be quite a novelty due to the fact that she is the richest heiress in the country and that was she was born in India. In Duke of Sin, she is
Melissa
Jun 04, 2016 Melissa rated it liked it
I really like Elizabeth Hoyt's writing, and her Maiden Lane series in particular. This novella suffers from the same thing most novellas do, however -- it's just too short to satisfactorily develop the characters and their relationship, and to have a truly interesting plot. I could name some other nitpicks, but at heart they all go back to my "not enough pages" complaint.

I'll be here patiently waiting for November and Hoyt's next full-length novel.

Giedre
Jul 05, 2016 Giedre rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5/5

The beginning was promising, and I loved the pet mongoose, but Hippolyta deserved a meatier story. I love the Maiden Lane books and it pains me to say this, but Once Upon a Moonlit Night is a classic case of a rushed novella.
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

This novella was so. much. fun!! I was excited to read Once Upon a Moonlit Night when I found out it would be Hippolyta’s story – her appearance in Duke of Sin had me intrigued by her character, and I’m glad we get to find out what happens to her after certain events in the previous book. Hippolyta and Matthew’s romance is pure fun and sexiness – if you want something short and sweet, this novella is perfect for historical romance lovers!

After escaping fro
Jan130
May 23, 2017 Jan130 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. An enjoyable little romp that takes up Hippolyta Royle's story directly where we left it off in the middle of Duke of Sin. Hippolyta is an intriguing character who popped up several times in earlier books in the series. We find out a bit more about her unusual background in Duke Of Sin, but in this novella she meets her match.

Matthew Mortimer is a mapmaker who has recently returned to England after unexpectedly inheriting an earldom. Their meet cute in the middle of a rainy English ni
Katie Michaels
Jul 06, 2016 Katie Michaels rated it really liked it
This is a great little companion novella to Duke of Sin. It picks up the thread of what happens to Hippolyta after she escapes the clutches of the Duke of Montgomery. We saw her running away in the last book… and that is exactly what she is doing as this story begins. She’s bedraggled and covered in mud when she runs in front of Matthew’s carriage and begs for help.

Hippolyta has no idea Matthew is a newly appointed earl and he doesn’t believe her claims that she is a lady. It gives them both the
Tinsoni
Mar 03, 2016 Tinsoni rated it it was ok
Wow quite disappointed with this Novella. I love novellas and one of my all time favorite is written by Hoyt so I expected something equally engrossing...unfortunately this book failed to engage on a deeper level...it was a very simple read...it was especially disappointing because Ms Royle was introduced and brought back on several books so I wanted her story to be as special as everyone else's. Anyways not upto usual Hoyt standard unfortunately.
Julianna
Aug 08, 2016 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Once Upon a Moonlit Night is a short novella that falls between Duke of Sin and Duke of Pleasure in Elizabeth Hoyt’s Maiden Lane series. It features Hippolyta Royle as the heroine. She’s been seen as a supporting character throughout the last several books of the series. Her story picks up exactly where it left off in Duke of Sin. Having been kidnapped by Val and later helped to escape by Bridget (the hero and heroine of that book respectively), Hippolyta was left out on
Lucy
Jul 06, 2016 Lucy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
review

Once Upon a Moonlit Night is a Maiden Lane Novella.  It's short, sweet and SO delicious.  I love Elizabeth Hoyt's historicals.  She is a one click author for me because I KNOW she is going to give us a deliciously rugged hero, a spunky unconventional heroine and lots of amazing chemistry.

Hyppolyta is a damsel in distress when she meets Matthew...or so it seems.  She is in a quandry, but even then, she is not a simpering miss.  She is drawn the handsome stranger who has given her safe harbor and
Vikki Vaught
My Musings

When I received an invitation from the publisher to read Once upon a Moonlit Night, via Net-Galley, in exchange for an honest review, I immediately accepted. I recently read Duke of Sin and thoroughly enjoyed it, and this book’s heroine was a secondary character in that one. I had to find out what happened to the poor young woman after she escaped the Duke of Montgomery’s evil machinations!

Hippolyta Royle finds herself stranded on a country road with the hounds of hell on her heels. Fo
Leone (She Reads too Much Romance)
As unprofessional (pun intended) as this may read this novella seriously packed the wow-factor! I have fallen in love with most stories published by author, Elizabeth Hoylt, but "Once Upon a Moonlit Night," has to be one of my all-time favorite romances! To go one step further I would hugely recommend this story if you are an devoted reader of romance like I am. Read it!

The trait that stands out to me the most about the story as a whole had to be the instant attraction between Hippolyta, the her
Amanda
Truth be told, I was super disappointed that Hippolyta Royale had been relegated to the confines of a short novella instead of the full length book I feel she deserved. Once Upon a Moonlit Night ended up being okay, but nothing extraordinary, quite forgettable in fact. It was saddening to see Hippolyta, who had all the potential of being a truly unique and interesting heroine, toned down to the point where she came across as average at best, dull as dishwater at worst. Meanwhile the contrived pl ...more
Elle
Jul 09, 2016 Elle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Setting: October 1741 - London, England

I couldn't get enough of Hippolyta and Matthew. I wanted to get to know more about them since these two possessed a lot more adventures than other characters I've read in the series by far.

Imagine my dissapointment as this story's too short, only meant to be a novella. In my honest opinion, it is such a waste when the story has so much potential! Oh my heart, be strong. You can't always get what you want, eh?

Overall, it was a good read, interesting plot, an
Teresa
Sep 24, 2016 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
I was originally pretty bummed that Hippolyta only was getting a novella, but this short book managed to tell a well developed story. I loved the hero and heroine so much, and the novella format allowed the story to be more focused on just the romance. It was a fast, fun read!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 May 26, 2016 06:35PM
  • A Gentleman Never Tells (Essex Sisters, #4.5)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Her Every Wish (The Worth Saga #1.5)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5, Castles Ever After, #4)
  • No Mistress Of Mine (An American Heiress in London, #4)
  • Chasing Lady Amelia (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #2)
  • Her Highland Fling (Second Sons, #2.5)
  • Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction (MacKenzies & McBrides, #9)
  • The Knave of Hearts (Rhymes With Love #5)
  • Hot in Hellcat Canyon (Hellcat Canyon, #1)
  • The Study of Seduction (Sinful Suitors, #2)
  • Only Beloved (The Survivors' Club, #7)
  • Dancing in the Duke's Arms
  • Entwined (Darkest London, #3.5)
  • The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)
  • Dukes Prefer Blondes (The Dressmakers, #4)
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with three untrained dogs and one long-suffering husband.
More about Elizabeth Hoyt...

Maiden Lane (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2)
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4)
  • Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5)
  • Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
  • Darling Beast (Maiden Lane, #7)
  • Dearest Rogue (Maiden Lane, #8)
  • Sweetest Scoundrel (Maiden Lane, #9)
  • Duke of Sin (Maiden Lane, #10)