Start by marking “Out of the Ashes (Into the Fire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Ashes (Into the Fire, #2)

Out of the Ashes

(Into the Fire #2)

Seventeen-year-old Cara Tillman’s worst nightmare has come true…

She’s been reborn as a Phoenix and has forgotten everything from her first life—including Logan Schmidt. He’s handsome and protective, but with no recollection, he can’t be trusted.

Accused of being a Hunter, Logan’s mortality is put to the test…

Logan isn’t willing to admit he and Cara are over—not even after h
ebook
Published March 22nd 2016 by Limitless Publishing (first published March 15th 2016)

Kelsey Ketch
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Out of the Ashes contains far more mystery and is far more action-packed than predecessor, Into the Fire. Despite some of the adult characters grating on my nerves—Garret! and even Mrs. Tillman—I couldn’t put this book down, especially the closer I got to the end. With two or more Hunters hiding in Ashlan Falls, tensions are high!

On top of it all, Cara’s rebirth has put a serious strain on all her relationships, particularly with Logan. I was drawn to the effect of Cara’s rebirth from cha
Dorothy Dreyer
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great series. I've already started the third book. Can't wait to see what happens. I can't say much because it would spoil things, but if you've read the first book, this one gets more intense!
Christina
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I’m loving this series even more now after finishing this book. I can’t wait to find out what happens next. I have my suspicions & am curious to see if I’m right about something.
Karilyn
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good!

Good book to read. Slow in some places, but it always picked back up. I will definitely read the next book.
Michelle
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**
Please Note: this review may contain spoilers for book 1. If you have not yet read Into the Fire, you can find out more information on that book HERE.

Out of the Ashes is the second book in the young adult fantasy series, Into the Fire by Kally Hashway. I read and reviewed the first book in 2014, when the series was under one of Kelly's pseudonyms. She has since moved the books under her main author name and has given
G. MA
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Despite Book 2 beginning where book 1 leaves off, everything's changed now that Cara has died and gone through the rebirth by rising out of her own ashes! Logan is in an incriminating position, and yet he's lost a personal momento that has significant meaning for him. The only thing Cara remembers is her safe contact, the person who will help her find her way back to her family. This beginning is just the spark that starts off everything all over again, like a reset button for the heart. And let ...more
Sara Schoen
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Given a copy for an honest review*
5/5 stars

I have to say I love these characters, they stick with me and I finished this book in under 12 hours while I was taking classes and moving around on campus today! It was great, I was wondering about the characters while in class and hoping that they would make it through. I even read a little in class (Sorry professor!) This book gave me everything I want in a fantasy/paranormal book, with just a hint of romance that makes me beg for these characters
Elen Tabita Bertoldi
I received this book from the author by my own request and previous book review in exchange for an honest review.

The beginning of this book was heartbreaking. Cara doesn't remember Logan or anything that happened while she was turning into a real phoenix.

Seeing Logan struggling to prove his innocence and trying to convince Cara that they were in love and he would do anything to protect her, made me sad. He suffered a lot both from not being remembered and also from the judgment from the other ph
Beverly McClure
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Imagine dying then coming back to life. Imagine having no memory of your previous life, not your family, friends, or boyfriend/girlfriend. If you were a Phoenix, a mythical bird/human hybrid, this would be your life, not only one time, but every time you died. Yes, more than once.

OUT OF THE ASHES, Author Kelly Hashway’s second book in her INTO THE FIRE TRILOGY, follows Cara, who has just been reborn into her second life and is totally confused about the people around her and even about herself.
Medeia Sharif
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cara Tillman is a phoenix who can harness the power of fire. She has several major problems tied into her immortal nature. When she’s reborn, she can’t remember anything that happened before the rebirth. That means she can’t recall Logan and the sweet moments they had in the first book in the series. Also, hunters are after her and the other phoenixes, eager to kill them off.

While Logan tries to win over Cara, thinking he can bring her memories back, there’s a lot of speculation about him. Is he
Kristen Chandler
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Out of the Ashes picks up where we left off in Into the Fire, with Cara being reborn. And her biggest fear has come true........she has no memory of her boyfriend Logan.
I knew this was going to happen, but I still wasn't ready for it. I guess part of me was hoping the imprint would be strong enough for Cara to remember Logan. But as a reader this was a good thing, because you feel the anguish and frustration that both Cara and Logan feel.
As much as I loved Into the Fire, Out of the Ashes was e
Beth
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Out of the Ashes picks up where Into the Fire ended.

Cara Tillman is reborn for the first time. Her boyfriend, Logan, witnesses her rebirth. He is shocked by what he sees. Even more shocked when he learns that there are more Phoenixes in town.

Cara and Logan struggle with their relationship - she's a Phoenix and will live far longer than Logan, who is human, will live. This, as well as the loss of her memories, haunts Cara as she tries to get her footing in her second life with more Phoenixes dyin
Michelle
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book from this series and was dying to read the next one! I can say Out of the Ashes was not a disappointment. I love the idea of true love will always win. The twists will have you reading long into the night.

Cara is amazing in this book, a very strong female character that ends up saving the day even against what everyone thinks.

Logan is the kind of guy every girl dreams of. In this book, when leaving is best he tries for the sake of Cara, he always has Cara's best interests
Sairaika Naidoo
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A scorching read!

Out of the Ashes picks up right where Into the Fire ended (ended on a cliffhanger!). More intense and action-packed.

Truly enjoyed this scorching read. Along with the paranormal element, I feel it is also about rediscovering yourself - your memories, your loved ones and finding your inner strength.

Also, Logan *sigh* what a romantic and sweet and caring guy!

This book is packed with surprises, hope, phoenixes, hunters, secrecy and a fiery romance!

Perfect for paranormal romance read
Stephanie
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Second book just as good!
Out of the Ashes, Kelly Hashway's second book in the Into The Fire trilogy was a bit harder for me to get into compared to the first one. The main characters dynamics have changed since the first book. This is due to no fault of Hashway's. Just the natural progression of the first story into the second story. But stick it out, because you will get into it and it's totally worth it!!!!!

Note, I received an advance copy of this book in return for my honest review.
Taylor Henderson
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Hashaway does it again! The second installment in the Into the Fire Trilogy was amazing! The plot was well though out, and I didn't expect the ending at all. The novel has lots of twists that keep you on your toes. I seriously could not put it down. Very excited for the final installment in this series! This trilogy is so fresh and unique that I can see it going very far in the book world. This may go down as one of my favorite fantasy series of all time. A must read, but be prepared for th ...more
Veray
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series and it was even more intense than the first one. There is plenty of mystery and at times I wondered how things were going to end up. I have my wishes of course, but things went all over the place before I could figure out what was going to happen. It was a hard book to put down and I never felt bored or like things were dragging. The ending is a cliffhanger of course, but not as bad as the first one. We still don't really know who the main bad guy is, but I ...more
Katie Clark
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Out of the Ashes picked up right where Into the Fire left off, which was great! You could feel Cara's confusion at having her memories wiped, as well as Logan's frustrations at the memory loss and the rest of the Phoenixes. It took a while for the story to pick up--there were a lot of meetings and conversations in the first third of the book--but things eventually got rolling at a fast pace. Full of romance with cool Phoenix stuff mixed in!
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
While that first book ended in a cliffhanger, this book started right from where we left. As in the first book, the first half of the book is quite slow and even boring at places. The plot line was getting complicated and towards the end, I really started appreciated the author about her imagination.

Click here to read my complete review!
Felicia A
YAYYYY!!!!! Another editing project is now a published book!
Andrea Heltsley
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
Another great book by Hashway. I loved the characters and the plot. I quickly devoured this installment! Must read trilogy! Five glittery stars.
Kristen
Jun 25, 2018
CrazyCat (Alex)
Jan 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Kelly Hashway fully admits to being one of the most accident-prone people on the planet, but that didn’t stop her from jumping out of an airplane at ten thousand feet one Halloween. Maybe it was growing up reading R.L. Stine’s Fear Street books that instilled a love of all things scary and a desire to live in a world filled with supernatural creatures, but she spends her days writing speculative f ...more

Into the Fire (3 books)
  • Into the Fire (Into the Fire, #1)
  • Up In Flames (Into the Fire, #3)