Start by marking “A Vintage Murder (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Vintage Murder (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #4)

A Vintage Murder (A Wine Lover's Mystery #4)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  331 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
When things in the land down under start to heat up, murder steps in.

Nikki and her boss-turned-boyfriend came to Australia to visit the Hahndorf Winery, but it seems they?ve also walked onto a movie set. And when lead actress Lucy Swanson is found dead in her trailer, bitten by a poisonous snake, Nikki must comb the vineyards of the valley to catch a killer with a venomou
Published July 1st 2008 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about A Vintage Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vintage Murder

The Cider House Rules by John IrvingThe Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan PoeThe Master and Margarita by Mikhail BulgakovA Moveable Feast by Ernest HemingwayCakes and Ale by W. Somerset Maugham
Cheers!
116 books — 46 voters
Junky by William S. BurroughsCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlThe Rum Diary by Hunter S. ThompsonThe Master and Margarita by Mikhail BulgakovTo Live and Drink in L.A. by Ben Peller
Under the Influence
191 books — 146 voters

More lists with this book...

Beverly
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Another great Nikki Sands mystery. Derek and Nikki finally connect, or do they? Another set of complications put this budding romance on the back burner again. Nikki finds herself in Australia with Derek and Derek's brother Simon and another suspicious death! Murder? You bet! A great light read.
Tia
Jun 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not my cup of tea, or rather glass of wine. Too much suspension of disbelief required.
Vicki Gooding
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
The first and the last of the book left a lot to be desired unless you enjoy the lusty couple filler of a good mystery. The middle section was the story line. An actress is killed, although most people feel it was an accident. However; the amateur sleuth who replaces the actress in making the film is convinced it's murder. She begins to inquire with probing questions to find an antagonism arising toward her. The boyfriend is gone checking out a winery during this. Their thoughts and emotions are ...more
Barbara
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-cozy
Another reviewer called this a mindless summer read; yet another called it fluffy. It is both. While I ultimately enjoyed this book, I found myself being annoyed with the heroine, Nikki Sands, and her boss, now boyfriend, Derek, the owner of the winery she manages, that I almost wanted to slap both of them in the face and told each to grow up! Both could be so childish and annoying at times; and Nikki really, really skates the line on being a TSTL heroine. She is just too, too nosy and really do ...more
Leya
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
Lanelibrarylady
The 4th in the "Wine Lovers' Mystery" series. Cute series,great for a mindless "summer read". Main character Nikki Sands plays actress turned wine connoisseur/amateur sleuth when she becomes entwined in yet another murder scene, this time in Australia. When a drama queen actress is found dead from a poisonous snake bite, Nikki is not convinced that it was an accident. Not only is she asked to step in as the leading lady in the movie, she also has to juggle playing detective AND figuring out her ...more
Cindy
Oct 07, 2012 rated it liked it
For me, the author spends too much time running around in the protagonist's head and not enough time moving the action forward. Things do eventually happen, after much cerebral agonizing. Love the recipes and wine pairings. I wish we could actually experice a meal now and then, perhaps with an explanation of why this particular wine is a good choice with this particular meal. For someone who is pretty naive about wines, I'd find this entertaining.
Stacie
Aug 20, 2008 rated it liked it
This is a light, quick read. The storyline and the characters are easy to follow and there is enough suspense to keep you turning the pages. I do like the idea of this series and may check out others. Numerous chapters end with actual recipes from the dinner in the story and wine pairings. I found those interesting. Even though most of the them are meals I would never make, it was still interesting to read through the ingredients. All in all it was an enjoyable read.
VJ
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
This book needed a better copy editor. The storyline was great but it just didn't flow well.

I'm glad Nikki ended up with the guy she picked because they seem to work. The mystery itself was rather intriguing due to the various characters who had means, motive, and opportunity.

A good read, but not a great one.
Kimberly
Jun 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Book 4 in the Wine Lover's Mystery.
Another great addition to the series. Even though I love the descriptions of the Napa valley, it was nice to see the characters in a different location for once. I loved Simon in this book. He just makes me giggle! The mystery was good and actually surprised me once again at the very end.
Sherri
Mar 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed
I really loved this book! I didn't know whodunit until the very end! Nikki Sands really had alot of roles in this book. She started out going to Australia with Derek, then became an actress, she was sleuthing, etc., etc. I don't want to give away the rest. I would highly recommend this book for those cozy readers looking for a good one!
Linda
Mar 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
This the the last book in the Wine Lover's Mystery series. Lots of drama and suspense. We find out who Nicki will pick. The mystery from her last book is solved. Just when things couldn't be more perfect. Yet another murder happens. I won't give the story away but a good read
Katherine P
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery-read, 2011
This was a light fluffy book that would be good choice for a plane ride or something like that. The plot was a bit holey and Nikki was just way to perfect. I'm not a big enough wine fan to keep me reading this series but it was still a quick read.
Helen Taylor
Sep 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
This was another great read, but I was slightly dissapointed in how the romance worked out in the story, which is why I've given four rather than five stars. I'd have given it 4.5 if that were possible.
Phil
Dec 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Another in the Wine Lovers Mystery Series. Good, fun, quick read.
Andrea
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I really love Nikki Sands character and this was another good mystery. The end was a little lame in my opinion, but everything else in the plot was very interesting.
Brenna
Apr 10, 2012 rated it liked it
These are all fun reads, this one I had a large span of not reading which probably made my rating lower. I look forward to the next. Will be making SOMEthing from the recipes in each SOMEtime!
Jen
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Loved Nikki's decision, loved the setting, and found the animal and celebrity themes interesting. Too basic and simplistic to get more than 3 stars from me though.
Evanna Webb
Aug 11, 2014 rated it liked it
it's a great story and I loved the suspense but it has to much romance for a proper MM.
Karen
Oct 17, 2010 is currently reading it
Nikki finally gets her man.
Sue
Dec 30, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
Main character was too perfect, could do everything - didn't grab my interest and struggled to finish the book.
Ann
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I would probably read another. It is a light murder mystery that was a wry quick read. Nothing remarkable, but OK.
Michelle
Nov 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Easy, fun read. Continued to want to know what would happen next. Change of scenery worked. Didn't guess the end.
Tammy
Sep 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
I love this series - light, fun, quick reads! And I read the series (so far) in 2 weeks. :)
Melissa Rhoads
Oct 28, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a fun book. Mindless. Enjoyable. I liked the characters and the mystery kept my interest. Not the greatest book of all time, but pretty good. Oh, and I love wine, so that part was delicious.
Kate
Sep 30, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was a fluffy murder mystery... great for the plane which is where I read it, but not great enough to go find another one to read.
Alamelu  Danek
Mar 25, 2013
Cheryl
Jun 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Chardonnay Charade (Wine Country Mysteries #2)
  • Dead and Berried (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4)
  • Gruel and Unusual Punishment (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #10)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • The Da Vinci Cook (Angie Amalfi, #14)
  • Death Takes the Cake (A Della Cooks Mystery #2)
  • Peppermint Twisted (A Candy Shop Mystery, #3)
  • The Azalea Assault (A Garden Society Mystery, #1)
  • The Chocolate Frog Frame-Up (A Chocoholic Mystery, #3)
Michele grew up thirty minutes east of San Diego in an area called Jamul. It was out there in the country that her parents bought Michele’s first horse and she learned how to ride at five. At nine years old she knew she loved to write and one day wrote a short story that she showed to her dad. She’d written it on one of his legal pads. After he read it, he looked at her and said, “You are a writer ...more
More about Michele Scott...

A Wine Lover's Mystery (7 books)
  • Murder Uncorked (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Murder by the Glass (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Silenced By Syrah (A Wine Lover's Mystery #3)
  • Corked by Cabernet (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #5)
  • A Toast to Murder (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #6)
  • A Killer Margarita (A Wine Lovers Mystery, #7)