Start by marking “Rogue (Deadliest Lies #1)” as Want to Read:
Rogue (Deadliest Lies #1)

Read Book

Rogue

(Deadliest Lies #1)

My lover is dead.

And they think I killed him.

I'm running rogue. Hell bent on both revenge and redemption. Whatever it takes, I'm going to finish a job that began nine months ago. An unauthorized assignment that turned horribly, devastatingly wrong. My miscalculation. My fault. My heart left shattered into incomplete pieces which will never wholly fit back together again.

Bu
Published August 2nd 2016 by Swerve (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue

Start your review of Rogue (Deadliest Lies #1)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️

Story/Plot: 📕📗📘📙📒
World building: 🌎🌍🌏🌎🌍
Character development: 👤👤👤👤

The setting: Okla-f*ck-me-over-homa, Paris

The Hero: Jaxon – He is a mercenary for an off-the-grid private security contracting organization (in other words a shady company full of killers and spies). His specialty is charming the women. He also likes to antagonize his boss Hayden.

The heroine: Kylie – Her parents have both died, all she has is her si
Michelle
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo ac32dac7dca2fe305c064b7707c7d8_zpscajuxvmm.gif

Rogue by Michele Mannon is a suspenseful novel that was full of twists and turns. With a strong heroine, Mannon was able to create a story that weaved action, chicanery, deceit and revenge in the backdrops of romance. While the overall story line was intriguing, I felt the first half of the book was a bit slow for my taste and it definitely affected my rating. I liked the concept of the story since it reminded me of Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Elaine
This is the first story that I’ve read by this author, and I doubt if it will be the last! This is a romantic suspense with so many twists and turns it keeps you guessing throughout. It is told from two time periods but concerns the same main character, Kylie, a feisty, hot-headed young lady whose life was changed when her father was murdered, especially as no one was arrested for the crime. She’s determined to get revenge and unexpectedly gets the opportunity to do so when she’s recruited by Ha ...more
Patricia
I have to say that the first half of the book really had me on the edge of my seat. This story was unique and it had a story you had to follow intently, otherwise it wasn't understandable.

This book had a lot of potential in the start, but there are things later on that I wish would've just been written better.

CLICK HERE FOR A FULL REVIEW

description
Sophia
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't know what it is about a romance story where the protagonists are out to kill each other that make me grab it up so fast. But yes, that happened here. Though, in this case, I've read the author's other books and loved them so this was no real gamble.

The story opens with rogue operative, Kylie, on the run from her organization because of a disastrous mistake, but determined to finish her mission. Revenge is all she has left because her target took out the man she loved and now their organi
Julie
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is the first book that I've ever read by Michele Mannon and it definitely won't be my last! I couldn't put this one down! I ended up devouring it in one sitting. This is the first of a new series called Deadliest Lies and can be read as a standalone.

Kylie is determined to get revenge for her father's murder so she joins Hayden's group of mercenaries. Another reason she joined with them is because she needs the money to pay for her mother's expensive healthcare cost, due to her cancer. Kylie
Brenda
ARC provided by the author via Netgalley.

The plot in general was good. The ex-spy being a target by her ex-lover. And she trying to complete her mission was cool.
Start ok Kylie spying in some "Pricks" and after she being recruited by TORC she is training and of course there is "hotty" guy and insta-love. Kylie has some smarts comments and she is this good girl who can be a bad girl too.

The romance was ok. Did not felt nothing towards them. What botters me was: why she was recruited?? And the T
Joanna Shupe
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, sexy book. I like the dark hero and the strong female heroine. Did I mention it's HOT? I can't wait for the next book! ...more
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, dark, mercenaries
Rogue was fun fast read! The first few chapters were a little confusing in establishing the plot, but then the writing style really hit its stride. I thought the duel timelines worked really well in building tension and the characters were well thought out. Mannon has set up for the next book in the series and I will certainly check it out.

*I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This is definitely an intense, emotional story. A romantic suspense with several twists and turns and sometimes, a little bit confusing story-line. But, once I got into the writing style of Michelle Mannon, the way she was bringing the story, I was really interested to find out exactly what game was being played and who the major players were.

Kylie did not grab me at all. I was actually starting to get disgusted with her, her attitu
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Traitor… A word that kicks off a hell like no other….

James Bond has nothing on this story of spies, betrayal and love amongst it all.

“Move over, Barnum & Bailey, here comes the Kylie and the Smooth-Talking-Man-Whore show.”

How Kylie and Jaxson come together is a complex, refreshing, twisty tale. It was funny, all kinds of sexy, and full to the brim with action and suspense. Yes, it had it all. In a story that switched from the past to the present, the hero and heroine alternated from devoted lov
Mazmum
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book Review - Rogue by Michele Mannon - 4 Kick ass, bring on the girls Stars

There were many things to love about this book:

Amazing location - check - who’d want to be anywhere other than THE city of love Paris. From wandering around the patisseries sampling their melt in the mouth creations to running around in the catacombs, Paris is a great location and we get to experience lots of it

A kick ass heroine - check - never a lover of books where the female is nothing better than a blow up doll anim
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
This is my first read from Michele Mannon.

I really enjoyed this book! It is really fast paced and original.

We get the story of Kylie. A young girl who is surviving a tragedy. She is surviving this tragedy by planning revenge!! Coincidentally, this revenge is going to include a top secret mercenary group that is also taking roots in her town along with the bad guys. With all of this she is also dealing with her mothers illness and trying to protect her sister.

This is a story of suspense and love
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
"Paris. The last city on earth a woman with her twisted version of a clipped wing and an irreparably shattered heart should be flying solo in."

Kylie is on the run, perceived as a traitor by the agency she fought so hard to join, she is now a rogue mercenary determined to finish what she started. The gunning down of her father set the wheels in motion for her life to be totally turned around. When criminals make her sleepy town their home to run their underhand business lessons are taught to the
Linda
" Rogue", is the first book I have read from Ms Mannon and was captured and drawn in by the suspense and intrigue of the story line, along with the depth of the characters.

Shelby, Oklahoma has been invaded , changed from a small lovely rural town to one with a high crime rate , drugs and driveby shootings. A particular driveby shooting is what drives the main protagonist Kylie, her father was killed while on his front porch leaving behind her sick mother and her and her sister Madelyn and Kylie'
Cathy Geha
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one had me from beginning to end. I could not put it down.

Why? Alpha males in Hayden, Jaxson, Diego, Declan and perhaps McDuff all working for TORC were HOT and then to add in Kylie who gets to train and work with them made it a lot more interesting. The instant attraction felt by Kylie and Jaxon was so much fun to read about as it became more. Jaxson surely did have a way with words!

Kylie was focused on revenge for the murder of her father and because of this she came to the attention of
The Book Fairy Reviews
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, brave and strong Kylie is on the run from the man that employees her, a dangerous man to cross. She is considered a traitor, hunted, but she doesn't know or even imagine that the person hunting her is the one person she dreams of, Jaxson.
His advantage is that she thinks he is dead and that he knows her more than any other person. See you always know the person that holds your heart. Now he is hunting his heart, sent by the man that wants her dead.
This book is filled with passion, danger an
Bette Hansen
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent read. Full of adventure, hot sexy times, and revenge. The mc are great. Jaxson is big, tough, and all alpha. Kylie is strong and determined. The story goes back and forth between past and present so that we get the full picture of how Kylie got involved with this intense group of mercenaries and why she is now running for her life. Running from the man she loves with her whole heart. This stories as more twists and turns than you can imagine. It definitely keeps you on the ...more
patrick Lorelli
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-military
Kylie is on the run trying to complete the mission she was sent to do while dealing with the loss of her love. She also is running from the organization that hired her because they think she has gone rogue. That is why they sent someone after her. There are plenty of twists and turns to keep this story going there is also some romance thrown in as well as she is also wanting revenge on who killed her lover. With plenty of action and just enough suspense for an interesting book. Overall a good bo ...more
Chloe
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had me on my toes the whole way through, read it in one sitting but once it was over, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wanted more.
Jaxon's character is to die for, he is the best of them (book boyfriend I mean) who will stay with you for weeks! I loved Kylie, she's so sassy and brave, she is a breath of fresh air.
Nicky
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read with well-developed characters, interesting storyline and enough twists to keep you hooked. I loved the dynamics between the characters. Looking forward to the next.
Savana | The Biblio Life
I received a complimentary digital copy of this book for review through NetGalley from the publisher. My opinions here are my own, and are not influenced by this partnership. This is a spoiler-free review.

The cover H-O-O-K-E-D me, but the story took a while to reel me in. I'm not usually a fan of insta-love, and this author's style (switching back and forth between locations/time periods for each chapter) didn't set well with me at first...but I'm glad I stuck it out because the plot and charac
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

'Rogue' is the first book of the 'Deadliest Lies' series by Michele Mannon.

This is the first book I have read by this author and even though the first-half of the book was good , it was the second part that had me feeling bored , hence my low rating. The storyline was ok and I loved the chemistry between Kylie and Jaxson , but it always seemed as if something was missing.

I loved Jason's ruthlessness. The way he went after Kylie to make her
Sharon
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
She’s a smart and savvy kickass heroine out for revenge. He’s a sexy and skilled mercenary who’s on a mission to terminate her.

Kylie is one of those strong and hot-tempered heroines who will do anything for her family. Even join a band of mercenaries to get revenge on her father’s death. Her induction into the good-ole-boy club is not an easy one, but one cocky womanizer named Jaxson is willing to help her against his better judgment. However, when things go wrong and she loses him, she goes on
Christine Galletly
I really enjoyed this one – it was a great story

I thought that it was well written with a good natural flow to it and it was packed with action and romance- the plot was great and it kept me hooked through to the last page. It was packed to the gills with testosterone.

The characters were really good and worked well together, I loved the interaction, was great to be able to read a book with such strong and committed characters.

It is 5 stars from me for this one, very highly recommended and a grea
Tasha
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun book! The characters were quirky and fun and actually had their own personalities! It was swoony and just wonderful!
ItsAboutTheBook
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holly
Review can be read at It's About The Book

What a fantastically confusing, erotic, hot mess of a story that started off with a bang and just kept going. There’s the past and then the present, and hooking them together to knit the plotline caused some confusion at first, but by the time I got going, the story began to unfold and I couldn’t wait for the next chapter!

Kylie was determined to find the men who’d killed her father and report them to anyone she could get to listen. Homeland S
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
Oh, Rogue was one read that really hit the spot! It was exactly the kind of book I love to read and it made you feel a good balance between the easier emotions versus the not-so-easy ones. Rogue was just perfection and I can't tell you how much I loved, loved, loved it!

Man, that Jaxson is one very hot hero. He's beyond sexy and tempting and naughty and of course, I loved all that, but I loved his playful, teasing side even more. Jaxson is the kind of guy who always has a smile on his face, alwa
Daijah
Jul 21, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*Thank you to the author and Netgalley for providing me with this ARC copy in exchange for an honest review*

I honestly wished this book was better than it turned out to be. The blurb sounded amazing, and I was so excited for a mercenary/mob book but it just fell so so flat and become highly confusing.

Firstly the characters were okay in the beginning. I enjoyed their banter and the fierceness of our main female lead, Kylie. In a lot of mob related books the main protagonist is so out of the loop
Jacque
Oh yeah, this was a good one. Rogue hit me in all the right spots with action, intrigue and the right amount of heat. I originally read the blurb for the second book in the Deadliest Lies series and had wanted to read that. When the opportunity came up to read Rogue first, I jumped on it. Best jump I made because I could not put this book down.

The characters in this story are top A-Grade choice. Kylie is so kick-ass! Sassy (especially with those t-shirts!) and a smart mouth to boot, yet there is
« previous 1 3 next »
Bargain Basement: $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD 1 8 Aug 06, 2020 03:31PM

• Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • His Queen of Clubs (Vegas Underground, #6)
  • Tug (Cerberus MC #10)
  • Desperate Beginnings (Ravens Ruin MC #0.5)
  • Sins of the Father (Ravens Ruin MC, #1)
  • Dancing with the Devil (Ravens Ruin MC #3)
  • Between Now and Always (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • Hot as Hale (Hale #3)
  • Bound (Tangled Web, #3)
  • Obsessed (Tangled Web, #2)
  • Coming to Hale (Hale #1)
  • Begging for Hale (Hale, #2)
  • To Hale and Back (Hale #4)
  • Samson (Cerberus MC #9)
  • The Woman in the Trunk
  • I Will Not Beg (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #6)
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
About the author

Michele Mannon has been writing romance since her first publication in 2012. A multiple recipient of Romantic Times Magazine’s prestigious TOP PICKS award, Michele’s books always pack a punch, leaving readers laughing out loud or swooning and biting their fingernails at all the appropriate times.

To date, she’s written a contemporary sports romance series and a spicy contemporary/Ne

Deadliest Lies (3 books)
  • Mercenary - A Deadliest Lies Novel
  • Hit Man - A Deadliest Lies Novel

News & Interviews

“My lover is dead.
And they think I killed him.
I'm running rogue.
My fault.
But first I have to outsmart my former organization and the hired killer they've sent after me; a ghost from my past who knows my every move, who’s been inside my head, my heart, my dreams and memories: Jaxson.
I'm the traitor, Kylie. The rogue mercenary, Jaxon's newest assignment. And this is our love story.”
1 likes