Start by marking “Castle Danger” as Want to Read:
Castle Danger

Read Book

Castle Danger

***2017 B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree***
***2017 Honorable Mention-Genre Fiction- Writer's Digest Self-Published Book Awards***

Fugitive Matt Lanier, unjustly accused of a violent crime, has been hiding in the northeastern Minnesota wilderness for nine months. The law wants him in jail. His enemies want him dead. He simply wants to survive the most brutal winter in decades.

Afte
Paperback, First Edition, 276 pages
Published March 2016 by BookLocker.com. Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Castle Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Castle Danger

Leigh Holland
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Castle Danger by Chris Norbury, 296 pages, Booklocker.com, Inc., April 26th 2016, Genre: Psychological Thriller. Warning: May Contain Spoilers.

Review by Leigh Holland.

Castle Danger is a suspenseful, engaging read. Taking place in northwest Minnesota in a frightful winter, the setting comes alive, menacing and life-threatening to any who lack the foresight and skills to survive. People who’ve been kicked in the teeth and were able to get back up again would call such a place home with pride.
Laurie Buchanan
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I started reading CASTLE DANGER yesterday and finished it today—I just couldn’t put it down. Written with edge-of-the-seat intensity, the well thought out storyline kept my adrenaline pumping. Further, I was impressed with the author’s undeniable knowledge of music that’s subtly woven throughout the pages. Does he wrap it up and tie it with a bow at the end? Heck no! Now I’ve got to wait—on tenterhooks—for the sequel. Hurry up Norbury!
CAROL HOEPNER
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CASTLE DANGER
This book was recommended by a friend who knows that I appreciate thrillers and mysteries for my reading pleasure. It was an excellent recommendation.
For people who enjoy reading thrillers, this is a book you will find to be a REAL THRILLER! The events leading up the climax build up in such a way that it is hard to stop reading and return to normal activities. It's a real "adrenaline pumper". I had to limit my periods of reading CASTLE DANGER to no later than the afternoon so that I
Carole Molnar
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Castle Danger by Chris Norbury kept my interest from the first page to the last page. Chris Norbury did his homework as he evidently knows the territory....that is the area of Minnesota he is writing about. I had never heard of the town of Castle Danger even though my family vacationed in Minnesota every summer when I was growing up. But I looked it up on the map and there it is on the north shore of Lake Superior. The author feeds us bit by bit more details of the past lives of the main charact ...more
Barb Schmidt
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Castle Danger" was given to me as a gift, and what a gift it was. Read the first chapter, and just try to put it down. I had to keep reminding myself that these are characters in a book. I was so invested in them that I sometimes felt real anxiety. Matt Lanier is not really an ordinary man, but he's no Jack Reacher. I often wished that he was able to get himself out of difficulties in the same almost effortless way Jack does. But no. He struggles. He's a good man, you can tell that. But he stru ...more
John Bales
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am getting ready for a canoe/hike trip through the boundary waters and found this book in researching the area. I liked his style and story about Matt's background. I plan to read his prequel next.
John Stanley
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I missed Norbury’s first novel, Castle Danger, when it first came out so when I learned that his second book, Straight River, was coming out I ordered them both from my favorite bookseller, Once Upon a Crime in outhitting Minneapolis. However, after reading the back cover synopsis, I was really prepared to not like this book at all—maybe not even be able to finish it. The whole story just seemed, well, too much. I also thought about starting with his second book since it was a prequel but then I ...more
Whitney Stanke
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I visited the North Shore and Duluth this past summer so I found myself picturing highway 61 and the rest of the landscape while reading. It was a page turner and I look forward to reading a prequel or a sequel.
Fay Wallin
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book and Chris' characters came to life from page 1. It was a hard-to-put-down-book and I loved the twists and turns the characters' lives took; fast paced and exciting read!! I enjoyed the descriptions of the area around the settings along Lake Superior, Chris' words made those locations feel very real. I'll be watching for more Matt Lanier adventures, he's a great protagonist!
Jennifer Meek
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from librarything in exchange for an honest review:

I enjoyed this book greatly. The descriptions made me feel like I was there in the book with the characters. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading mystery books.
Amy
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The plot is great! I love the way Chris handles the action -- not too fast, but nothing extra to bog me down. I like the descriptions of the North Shore in winter, the food and the music references. I'm excited to read Straight River!
Jane
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Loved the locale and adventure and character development. I can't wait to read the next book, or more books by Chris.
gj indieBRAG
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are proud to announce that CASTLE DANGER by Chris Norbury is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Bob Guelker
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Chris Norbury’s descriptions of Northern Minnesota’s Bounday Waters Canoe Area and Arrowhead Region in winter had me on the edge of my office chair. A frequent spring, summer and fall visitor to that region in my younger years, I often wondered what it was like up there in the winter. Now I know! What a perfect setting for a mystery—sometimes hauntingly beautiful but just as often terminally unforgiving in just one heartbeat.
True to many good mystery novels, Castle Danger’s main characters, Mat
Julie Klock
Fun read! Well written, complex plot, hold your breath moments. The winter weather is described incredibly! I am looking forward to more from this author.
Dave Hanna
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read and hard to put down. The author goes to great lengths to set clear scenes of where the action is taking place and character descriptions. 58 chapter breaks in 289 pages make it an easy read, especially when you might have some short time periods that you want to get back to the book. It is an intriguing plot and holds your interest. The ending is riveting and complete, but begs for a sequel or even a prequel that I am hopeful for and look forward to.
Lauren Craft
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Castle Danger. It kept me in suspense and had lots of twists and turns. The characters were also unique, and the setting was very vivid. I recommend Castle Danger to both ladies and guys, it's the rare type that's enjoyable for both!
Stephanie
Dec 19, 2016 marked it as to-read
While not the most complex read, Castle Danger does touch upon the truth about drugs, addiction, perception and human weakness. Both protagonists are positioned to be likeable, while also having distasteful traits, histories and behaviours, ultimately won over by love and superior moral character.
lezli dow
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Intricate story line, descriptive settings and suspense galore. I'll read Norbury's next book for sure,
Kathy Medlin
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Very well-written; I felt I got to know the characters and could visualize the settings. The story was intriguing. I had a hard time putting the book down! Highly recommend it!
Antonella Gramola-Sands
Interesting reading. Action-packed pageturner. Would have given 4 stars if the characters had been more likeable. Would read sequel though.
Chris Norbury
Why read another of my own books? A bit of a different reason this time. In addition to wanting to read it as a reader instead of THE writer, I also read it to refresh the details in my mind as I work on the sequel to Castle Danger. I've found that one of the hardest parts about writing a novel, and certainly of writing a series, is keeping all the facts straight and remembering characteristics, mannerisms, speech tendencies of each main character.

As a reader who read CD for entertainment, I won
Candace
Apr 28, 2019
Todd Wasieleski
Feb 27, 2017

• The Mistletoe Matchmaker (Finfarran #3)
  • Worse than Dead (Inspector Drake #2)
  • Bedside Manners (The Breakup Doctor, #2)
  • Keep the Home Fires Burning (Keep the Home Fires Burning #1)
  • Old Bones (Gideon Oliver, #4)
  • The Greatest Gift: A Christmas Tale
  • The Letterbox
  • The Matchmaker of Périgord
  • Hatred. Hidden.
  • Notwithstanding
  • Road to Perdition (Road to Perdition, #1)
  • Needles and Pearls (Jo Mackenzie, #2)
  • A False Mirror (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #9)
  • New Dawn
  • Killing the Immortals
  • Copout
  • An Old Betrayal (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #7)
  • Net Switch
Chris Norbury is a novelist and freelance writer. He independently published his first novel, "Castle Danger," in April 2016. In June of 2017, "Castle Danger" was awarded a B.R.A.G. Medallion from indieBRAG.com. In October of 2017, "Castle Danger" received an Honorable Mention-Genre Fiction- Writer's Digest Self-Published Book Awards. In September of 2018, "Castle Danger" was one of three finalist ...more