Start by marking “The 39 Clues Superspecial: Outbreak” as Want to Read:
The 39 Clues Superspecial: Outbreak

The 39 Clues Superspecial: Outbreak

(The 39 Clues: Doublecross)

A traitor returns.

The Cahills are the most powerful family history has ever known. For the past five centuries, they have secretly served as guardians of the world. The Cahills command presidents, take down corrupt governments…and are currently led by a fourteen-year-old boy with a superhero complex.

Dan Cahill may be young, but he’s nobody’s fool. So he knows he must act f
Published September 27th 2016 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The 39 Clues Superspecial, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 39 Clues Superspecial

Start your review of The 39 Clues Superspecial: Outbreak
Harkeerat of the Apollo Cabin
Wait, when did this come and and how do I not know about it yet? OMG I though Doublecross had ended!
Addy S.
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Goodness, this book was a fun ride!!!

Stats: {0 being none and 10 being a lot}

-Romance: 1 {Only a few hints, and definitely brother-sister love between Amy and Dan}
-Violence: 8 {involving guns (no one is killed), and explosives}
-Language: 0 {no bad language at all!!}

This book was really fun!!! Pretty thick, which made me a little hesitant, but I enjoyed it all the same.

TONS of suspense that leaves you dying to read more!!!

I find Ted {who was blinded after an injury} a very interesting and fun c
Karen
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Sinead Starling, a family member and former friend, is seen stealing a deadly virus, the rest of the Cahill family know that they must act quickly in order to get to the truth. Is she about to unleash it on the world or is the traitor trying to stop the virus from getting out? The fate of the world lies with the Cahills, led by 14-year-old Dan, and takes our heroes across the planet on another dangerous mission.

Ever since the release of The Maze of Bones in 2008, the 39 Clues series has bee
Hazel
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
85% SuperSpecial

What I thought of The 39 Clues Superspecial: Outbreak: Funny, extremely fast-paced and exciting, this book a nice and easy to listen to.

Favorite Character: Dan Cahill. (view spoiler)

Least-Favorite Character: Sinead Starling. (view spoiler)
James
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
It seems as if every series in the 39 Clues franchise has gotten progressively worse. It's unfortunate that a series that started off so well has no (hopefully) ended with this "Super Special".

Amy & Dan Cahill are once again called upon to save the world, this time from a virus that causes infected humans to dance uncontrollably. The virus is then spread through the sweat that is flung off by the infected dancers. Add to it the underwater Bermuda Triangle base and the whole book is beyond silly.
En-Jia
Jun 17, 2020 added it
I think that Sinead isn't really a bad person, just person sho wants to redeem herself because she had betrayed the Cahills before. I think that because in one of the chapters, Sinead was thinking about how she was going to unleash the virus so that they could cure it. it wasn't exactly her idea, or actually it was her idea but she felt self-conscious of the idea because she now felt like it was a bad idea, but now her company forced her to do it so they could gain money by selling the cure. so ...more
Katlyn
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade, intense
What ever happened to Atticus and Jake? Does Amy not care about her boyfriend anymore? It’s kinda weird they were dropped so easily! I don’t like it when there are loose threads at the end of series. I know this is middle grade, but it makes everything feel a bit shallow when things seem like a big deal in some books, but are dropped completely in others. Like in the third series the media followed Dan and Amy around. While I know that was orchestrated by Cara’s father, who has since stopped, ar ...more
S
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible book.

The plot is one of the silliest I've ever heard in my life, some characters are so different and I freakin hate his work with Hamilton. Who is now a brute who only wants to destroy things and is totally gay even though the latter just happened in the series because the author himself is gay. There were people complaining about this notion being used as a plot device or a way to make the author seem open minded, here you go another one who does exactly that and in a children's book
Tarissa
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A solid finale to the 39 Clues series. It has intrigue, drama, and betrayal -- a worldwide adventure backed by emotion. This is a family enterprise, after all.

In a way, I'm glad the series is ending... because how many times can the Cahills keep saving the world? But it was a fun ride while it lasted.

As a Christian reader, I was surprised when in one of the books just prior to this, a character was revealed as gay. There are a few subtle mentions of this through these final books in the series.

S
Genny
This series started out as a wonderful mystery/race around the world to find the 39 Clues and more about Amy and Dan's family. By this last book in the series I am just past the point where I can even suspend belief. Add in that the idea of an airborne disease that causes people to dance until they basically die...that is just too much for younger listeners. We are ending our journey with the 39 Clues, sadly, on a disappointing note.
Colleen
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story was so great. It's typical Cahills and a good wrap up to the series. Oh my god that ending. I was going to be soooo mad about the ending but then it ended up being okay. The last 5 minutes or so were just amazing! I'm so sad though. There aren't any more Cahill books :(

And I still hate listening on Hoopla.
Zachary
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was very, very good. I somewhat hope this is the finale to the 39 Clues, because this was an excellent way to finish the series.
Alana
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
please say it isn't so!! really hope there is another adventure sometime soon. still good, just not quite as fast paced as usual.
Elaine
Great fun listening to another adventure in series. London knows how to keep you entertained.
Maricel
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Much as I love the 39 clues series, I am glad that this is the last book. Another one might cause serious 'series fatigue' for me (ha!). This book gave us a very awesome ending. It gave us the idea how the kids handle the responsibility of leading their powerful family, how they still refuse to give up their beliefs inspite of being constantly exposed to life-threatening situations, and how a group of people inspite of their different backgrounds, upbringing and personalities can live together i ...more
Dale Russell
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: delia villaflor
Being a Cahill definitely has it's perks...unlimited funds...amazing adventures... cat's who eat..ALL DAY... but the down side can get a little teadious. When the CIA approaches Dan, Amy, and crew to help with a potential pandemic situation... People are literally dancing themselves to death... the Cahill response is..."Don't you have people who specialize in that?" … but when they discover that one of their own lost sheep - Sinead Starling - might be at the center of the troubles. The same Sine ...more
Amanda
Jul 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: try-again
I am a completionist and wanted to read the final book of the series. But wow. This is like reading doomsday again. This is awful and I'm only halfway through. Not the plot, but ALL of the character development is gone. Amy was supposed to run the family for four years after she said it in mission atomic, and then it goes to another branch. Why is Dan in charge? Ian lost character development, Hamilton is now just smash things again. Dan has not matured.
The author didn't even seem to read the p
Lynn
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amy, Dan, and their friends must save the world again, this time from a potential global pandemic. Rather than being terrifying, the virus had more humorous symptoms: victims must dance to the rhythm of their own bodies (sadly, until their hearts ultimately give out). Throw in a secret base in the Bermuda Triangle, and this is by far my favorite of the 39 Clues spin off books.

I listened to this one with my kids, who related to the pandemic competent. Our only complaint was the incessant throat c
Rachel Meyer
Well, this was an okay book, but I think Scholastic needs to leave well enough alone with the 39 Clues series. Keep dragging it out and they're going to keep getting worse.

In this book, Amy and Dan have to stop a genetically modified virus from infecting the world. But the virus makes people dance, and I found that weird and hard to believe. The story dealt a lot with trust and second chances, which was nice, but I didn't feel fully invested.

Please, don't write any more books. Three series and a
Hanne T
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
and with that, it's the last of the 39 clues. it provides a nice glimpse of the aftermath of the Cahill powers and everything, but I think it could have ended a little better. I like Sinead Starling (maybe my favorite character?) so I was glad she reappeared.

as per usual in the 39 clues, there were some minor inconsistencies between the books, and also some plot holes, but overall, I was glad I read this book.
Nicole
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-read
The very last finale to The 39 Clues books! ?? It was a good book that sort of felt like the first series, and reminded the reader of things that happened long ago. I liked that it went back to exploring a different country and culture. As a whole I liked it and the ending seemed fitting. One thing-whatever happened to Amy's boyfriend and Dan's best friend? They were major characters and then all of the sudden in the last spin-off series, we never heard about them again.
Kellam Venosky
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is this the end of the Cahills? Sinead is back at it again, a betrayal. Though it looks like she is looking toward Dan, the new leader of the Cahill family, and the rest of the teens for help, but can she be trusted? Dan is too good at holding a grudge though. Can he forigve Sinead, or will it be too late?

A lot of character development occurs, especially for Dan and Amy! I simply could not put this installment of the 39 clues series. It's fun, quirky, and full of adventure.
Caleb
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think that this is my favorite book in the entire series! There is so many intense elements that the author constructed into the story. One thing I especially liked was that the Cahills are now taking turns in being the leader of the family I thought this was a cool twist.

There is a virus that is spreading and the kids are trying to figure out how to make an antidote. Things sure get heated up when the clock starts to count down on being able to save everyone. There's also plenty of the usual
Dani20 Stark, Daughter of Poseidon, Gryffindor Halfblood, Avenger, Time Lord, Hunter &   More
And it's done. Well, it's been done for years but, for me, it's done now. I really enjoyed this book. Good story line & good ending. Can't believe this series is finally over. I've been reading it for years. I think I may re-read it soon. :D ...more
Ursula
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sadly the last book of the 39 clues series but nevertheless still lives up to my expectations. Such an amazing way to end the series. An adventurous and incredibly written plot. Definitely going to miss all the easily loved Cahills!
Kelly Carey
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
A disease where you dance yourself to death is a bit silly and far fetched, yet this 39 Clues special makes it work.
Meshach Hardy
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
it was very mysterious and exiting at the same time I liked how to had a lot of science
Sally
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-39-clues
Heaps of fun, lots of danger... loved this one-off "super special"! Is this now the end or are there more series lurking around?
Sadie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked it! But not my favorite book.
Sophia
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was cool.
Is it in the Doublecross sub-series? 2 4 Jul 31, 2017 09:30AM

• Flashpoint (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #4)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
  • A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #1)
  • Vespers Rising (The 39 Clues, #11)
  • The Medusa Plot (39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #1)
  • Storm Warning (The 39 Clues, #9)
  • Ignition (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #2)
  • In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6)
  • The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8)
  • Crushed (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #4)
  • The Viper's Nest (The 39 Clues, #7)

The 39 Clues: Doublecross (5 books)
  • Mission Titanic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #1)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3)
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)