Start by marking “Flight of the Moon Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #6)” as Want to Read:
Flight of the Moon Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #6)

Flight of the Moon Dragon: A Branches Book

(Dragon Masters #6)

Pick a book. Grow a Reader!

This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line, Branches, aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow!

In book #6, the Dragon Masters have to save the prime D
Published September 27th 2016 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Flight of the Moon Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flight of the Moon Dragon

Steven R. McEvoy
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
My youngest two children adore this series of books. In fact the last few we have bought on the day they come out. We have read this one together three times now. And every time we finish one there is a teaser for the next volume and we wait months for it to come out. This fifth installment in the series is another great read. The Dragon Masters books can be read separately but they do tell one continuous story so they are best read in order.

In this adventure the dragon stones are seeming to fa
zapkode
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, paperback
{My thoughts} – Heru is back with his Moon Dragon Wati. Upon their arrival Ana’s Sun Dragon Kepri is happy to see her twin again. Although the reunion is not a good one, it is still nice for them to be in the same place. Heru comes with news that the Prime Dragon Stone is in trouble and that the Dragon Masters must help him find it to restore it’s proper balance. While the Dragon Masters are gone with Heru, Griffith stays back to try and see what he can find in his books about the Prime Dragon S ...more
Patti
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely superb installment in the Dragon Masters series! My favorite book by far, as an avid reader and a fan of fantasy series (or any series to be clear), I love it with all the threads from previous books come together in a meaningful way. What a book this was!

I loved that the Dragon Masters and their Dragons all had to work together to solve the puzzle. It reminded me so much of the first Harry Potter book. It was set up beautifully to show all of the dragons strengths as well as the Drag
Christine Rains
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
The young Dragon Masters' connections to their dragons is failing. They must travel to the Land of Pyramids to find the prime Dragon Stone. There are many puzzles to solve. Will they be able to work them out and find the stone in time?

This is the sixth book in the series, and my seven-year-old is still enjoying them. He was excited to see Heru and his moon dragon Wati return. He liked working out the puzzles with the Dragon Masters. Awesome illustrations and a fast moving plot make this a great
Theresa
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, fantasy
In this book they rely on the strength of all of the dragons. The dragon stone is weakening and they fly to Heru's homeland to save it.

They find the pyramid of the seven dragons and each dragon and dragon master has to solve a doorway.

In the end Drake discovers that they weren't quite accurate about the dragon stone. Griffith and Diego show up to tell them what they discovered only minutes after the dragon masters figure it out themselves.

The book ends with a baby dragon on the loose. Now the m
James Maxon
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised to see this book at the library, as it was not listed under the Dragon Masters series in Goodreads. My 7-year-old daughter was thrilled as we've been waiting to continue the series. The story was as fun as the others, and the illustrations continue to be masterfully done. Although there are a lot more characters and voices to keep track of now. That said, it wasn't confusing at all. I enjoyed reading it to her and she couldn't get enough.
Abbey
Continuing the Dragon Master series, the masters are in danger of losing their connections with their dragons. As the link grows weaker, the masters are called to the land of pyramids where they must work together to solve a series of riddles to get to the dragon stone and hopefully rejuvenate their powers.
The bond between the kids is stronger in this particular book as we see them working together really for the first time.
Stephanie P
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this one aloud with my almost 5 year old son. This series is definitely his favorite chapter book series right now. This was an exciting, fun read with new mystery and adventure added in. He loves learning about the different dragons and Dragon Masters and trying to guess what's going to happen next.
Alex
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
😃I enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Drake and Haru found the Pyramid of Seven Dragons. 😃I also enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Drake finally found the Prime Dragon Stone. 😃I also enjoyed this book because I liked the part when they finally found the way into the Pyramid of Seven Dragons. 😃
Deacon Yeager
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter-books
The thing I liked most and least about this book is the same. I really liked that each dragon and dragon master had a door to open. I really didn't like that each time a door was opened a friend got left behind. Bo and Ana are my favorite friends and they were left behind first.

It's pretty cool that they found a new baby dragon.
Tranylle
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Every time I stopped trying to read this book before bed the kids kept saying "no, just one more chapter, it sounds important!" Even when my 4 year old daughter says she doesn't want to read this one because the pictures are black and white, she gets really into it. Such a fun kid series.
Dominique
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was my favorite book out of all the Dragon masters books. I really liked the story line if it.
Leo
Jack O
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michael Lent
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Our four-year old son LOVES this series. Often, we hear him continuing to talk about it to himself even after lights-out.
Jodie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great little chaper book series with fun characters, nice storylines and great illustrations. The stories are the perfect length and my fantasy loving nephew is going to love this series.
Georgia
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
i
Priya
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books
The story focusses on the dragon masters all teaming up to save the dragon stone which seems to be loosing its power.

Really enjoyed this book.
Lori
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My son loves reading this series....and he has a hard time getting in to most books.
Jaie
Again, 5yo likes them. I don't.
Maximilian Lee
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book because I like dragons. I also liked this book because I like the moon.
Bryce MacRae
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these 😍!
Kelsey
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 5 year old absolutely adores not only this series but the illustrations on each page. This series was the first series of chapter books that she ever sat through patiently and asked to read on. This book was no different except that she was very disappointed that it ended so abruptly as it did. Books 1-5 atleast had some sort of conclusion. But this seemed that it was cut off. But otherwise this is our favorite series and we cannot wait to move on to book 7.
Skinnyrogers
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book for kids to read by themselves or parents reading to them! I love all the "branches" books.
The Brothers
Shawn Richards
May 23, 2018
Richard
Nov 11, 2018

• School Freezes Over! (Eerie Elementary, #5)
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Write the Book
  • The Ghost in the Attic (The Haunted Library #2)
  • The Case of the Weird Blue Chicken (Chicken Squad Misadventure #2)
  • Let the Games Begin! (The Kingdom of Wrenly, #7)
  • The Secret of Goldenrod
  • The Crims
  • The Real McCoys
  • Clover's Luck (The Magical Animal Adoption Agency, #1)
  • The Griffin's Riddle (The Imaginary Veterinary, #5)
  • The Princess in Black and the Mysterious Playdate (The Princess in Black #5)
Tracey West is the bestselling author of more than 200 children's books. She is currently working on the Dragon Masters series, which is part of the Scholastic Branches line. Her past series include Pixie Tricks, Scream Shop, and Hiro's Quest.

Tracey is also known for writing books based on cartoons and films, including dozens of books about Pokemon.

She currently lives in New York's Hudson Valley w

Dragon Masters (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Rise of the Earth Dragon (Dragon Masters #1)
  • Saving the Sun Dragon (Dragon Masters #2)
  • Secret of the Water Dragon (Dragon Masters #3)
  • Power of the Fire Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #4)
  • Song of the Poison Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #5)
  • Search for the Lightning Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters, #7)
  • Roar of the Thunder Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #8)
  • Chill of the Ice Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #9)
  • Waking the Rainbow Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #10)
  • Shine of the Silver Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #11)