Start by marking “Heart of Thorns” as Want to Read:
Heart of Thorns

Heart of Thorns

Catherine arrives at Thornwood Abbey on the heels of rushed marriage. The gothic style mansion is shrouded in fog and a sinister past. When neighbors start dying one after another, their hearts cut out, no one notices except for Catherine. The murders are tied to Catherine and old village superstition. In order to save herself, Catherine must confront her scandalous past b ...more
Published April 26th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Thorns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Thorns

Daniel Garcia
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be really fascinating. It's the first thing I've read from this author, and it makes me interested to read more. I'm definitely eager to continue series.

"Heart of Thorns" is a unique mix of two things, a combination of a Victorian novel and a paranormal story. Or maybe you would call it a Victorian novel with a heavy dose of the paranormal. I love both genres, so seeing them mixed together really grabbed my attention.

I especially loved all the twists and turns to the story,
Kira Simion
Mar 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wattpad
Fun fact: takes place in the same setting as the novella Fairy Ring by the same author.
Dilyana
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The first thing you notice about Nicolette Andrews’ books are the amazing covers. And when you actually pick up a book and open it (or go through the e-book), you realize that it’s a page-turner.

That was the case for me last year with The Priestess and The Dragon – book one of theDragon Saga and this month with the first book in the Thornwood series – Heart of Thorns.

The thing that I dislike to an extend in both books is that somewhere about two-thirds into the books a complication arises that m
Luna
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fuck this shit. I hate you, Nicolette.

*full review to come*
Helgaleena Healingline
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is not truly a romance, even though it will tug mightily upon your heart-strings. It is mainly a supernatural thriller. Andrews is very adept at delineating characters with whom it is easy to relate, be they fae nature spirits or local hybrids, shape-shifting helpers or greedy villainesses.

Our shy heroine has been told she's mad for most of her life, when in fact she is predominantly the descendant of another world than ours. Her whirlwind courtship with the young Lord of Thornwood Abbey i
Melissa
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart of Thorns was such a fun read for the month of October! Although it may not be a more traditional pick for a Halloween read, the book had a nice Gothic feel to it that kept me turning pages to see what would happen next. After all, can anyone really resist the call of the spooky woods in the town of Thornwood?

I will admit, I was originally thrown off by the switching of narrative POV from chapter-to-chapter (there were at least 4), but I quickly adjusted as the story pulled me in. And thou
Melissa (missy)
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun story. Victorian style in the setting, it is a paranormal mystery/romance. Nicolette Andrews does a great job of creating a believable, though fantastical in parts world, with characters I came to care for. As with all novels, there are one or two who seem created just to be hated
With strong hints of the Gothic novel elements, a few characters are focused on and followed throughout the various story lines. it's an easy story to become immersed in.
While the story wrapped up nicely,
Linda Romer
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, favorites
I loved heart of Thorns. This book is reminiscent to Holly Black's books in my opinion, which is a huge compliment since I adore her books especially the first ones I read The Spiderwick Chronicles. The characters are awesome, the story gives off an eerie feeling. I loved Mr. Thorn and The Thorn Dwellers. The ending was great and I can't wait to read book 2 Tangled in Thorns to find out what happens, very exciting.

I give Heart of Thorns 5 stars for its pure fantasy.
I would recommend this book to
Raewynn
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the second book by Nicolette Andrews that I have read.
I have found that they seem to be hard to get into for me, but please don't be put off by this, it is just not really my sort of story.

Nicolette writes well and there are quite a few twists and turns that you may not see coming.

Well done.
Keren
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! Nicolette really knows how to take her readers into a another world. From the moment I started reading this book I couldn't stop. This book has everything you would want in a book. It has romance, adventure, mystery, fantasy, and much more. I highly recommend it and honestly this author in general, she truly is one of my favorites.
Caroline_Booklover
I have read this book. Like this book alot. Its a fantasybook. He was a big man, Rat has a nice smile. you need to trim the bushes on the westside.
Jennifer Kaser
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was glad that I finally got to reading this book. I was skeptical at first but the twists got me hooked. Believe nothing and no one as no one is as they appear to be.
Kristen
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, magic
Wonderful plot and characters reminiscent of a tale from the Brother's Grimm. Secrets abound and many twists awaits.

I really enjoyed this book as it was just the right mix or eerie mystery, betrayal and intrigue.
Rabia Gawish
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the book, characters and the twists in the story. The only down side is that the sequel is not yet written. Looking forward to how those characters will develop in the next book.
Kat
Elizabeth
Aug 03, 2018
LeAnn Burt
Aug 03, 2018
Nicolette Andrews is a born and raised San Diegan with a passion for fantasy, especially if it has a romance and some mystery and intrigue mixed it doesn't go amiss either. Apart from writing, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two daughters, preferably somewhere outside enjoying the San Diego sunshine.