Start by marking “Bucket List: Warning: Some Scenes May Disturb” as Want to Read:
Bucket List: Warning: Some Scenes May Disturb

Bucket List: Warning: Some Scenes May Disturb

This is a book of extreme horror. Please do not purchase if you are easily shocked or offended.

After ten years of marriage, Mike and Emilia's relationship falls apart after Emilia admits to having an affair - an affair with a man who gave her HIV. Once Mike finds out what she's done, he will go to any length to ensure she dies a slow, painful death, just like the one he's
Published February 20th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Bucket List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bucket List

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆ 4 "Cheaters NEVER Win" Stars ☆☆☆☆

photo warning_flashing_zpskchxnqlz.gif

Blood, gore, and a revenge debacle in the most demented ways ever.

THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR EVERYONE

photo PicsArt_02-27-07.28.52_zpsd1bpccku.jpg

Michael spares no remorse in making his wife pay for her 3 month indiscretion.

photo OMG-Elijah_zpsrzzx0a4g.gif

This is a very short read but filled with HOLY SHIT cringe worthy pages!! You have my attention Dawn Cano!!
Steve
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow.

The writing is outstanding, but the story itself... that warning needs to be in bold underline ! Just like Sleep Deprived: *Warning: Some Scenes May Disturb, it is VERY disturbing!
Spencer
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book opens on some very bad news for the main character and you know that it isn’t going to head anywhere good from there - it rapidly descends in to depravity and certainly lives up to the warning in the title! The story is truly shocking and actually made me wince a few times, if you like horror extreme you’ll love this!
The Grim Reader
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Down with the sicknesses.

Yep. Dawn Cano is one sick puppy. I think that if you're a fan of extreme horror (and I mean extreme!) Then you should be giving this a go. It will sicken and disgust, possibly even cause outrage amongst some readers. But isn't that what horror is truly about?
Shadow Girl
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku-april-2016
Let’s talk about this as the people we really are deep down inside, not the everyday face we project to strangers and coworkers. We are the readers, the writers, and the lovers of true horror – so, let’s not pretend that we don’t have a rough outline of what we would like to do in any number of different situations. We’ve watched enough CSI and Forensic Files to help us feel pretty confident about our chances of getting away with… things – even our host Bill Curtis would agree!

What would you do
Scot
Mar 08, 2016 added it
Shelves: 2016
Don't get me wrong, this book is disgusting. Tragic, indeed, but disturbing for sure... and so well written. I just couldn't resist turning the pages at a lightning pace to see what the next page would reveal about the depraved revenge Mike has in store for Emilia. And does Emilia deserve the tortures Mike is going to make her endure? The moral compass spins on this one. You will have to read it and decide for yourself.
Darren Dilnott
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dawn Cano's second book is a sadistic cracker. It's a tale of revenge, in the most brutal ways, a broken mind can conceive. Usually im not a fan of sex in the books i read, but on this occasion it was acceptable. Great story and super nasty.
JESSICA
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: H o r r o r L o v e r s.
Recommended to JESSICA by: Amazon.com
When a husband finds out his dear wife cheated on him but also gave him a deadly disease ... {All Hell Breaks Loose!} Especially when this hubby is a die hard horror fan! Lol. This was a short gory, bloody revenge story. Graphic details. But ending could have been better.
J.C. Brennan
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: extreme-horror
What would you do if the woman (or man) you were married cheated on you? Now, think of them messing around and you contracting AIDS because of their extra-marital affairs—what would you do?
This is not a story for everyone, but it is one that makes you think. The story taps into the vile and demented part of the human experience, one that hides deep within and most of us will never act upon. The author makes you question what would it take for you to reach, to awaken that suppressed side of us al
Crissy Sutcliffe
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a bloody, gory revenge short than any lover of horror genre would love to read. His wife's infedelity lead to both of them contracting AIDS. His love of horror made his revenge perfect for him.
Kerry
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Part of this was really disturbing, but overall not much to it.
Alex Kadaverin
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dawn Cano surely deserves some praise among gorehounds as long as this page-turner delivers a good load of twisted gutwrenching fun. The plot is offensive as well as smart and realistic. It keeps you reading until the finale all the way. The writing is clever and I find it pretty talentes in its way.
Worth buying, reading and adding to your sick book collection at all costs!
Nicole
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Who doesn't love a revenge story that comes with a stern warning? (Seriously, pay attention. The warning is there for a reason.) Dawn Cano is a new author to me and I cannot wait to read more.
Anne (w/ an E)
I liked how the ending lets the reader imagine what the main character will be going through "in the future" (if you know what I mean).
Jackie
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! I wish I had the words to describe this story. "Disturbing" doesn't even come close......and I loved it!
Mandy
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mark and Emilia have been married 10 years and now Em has a little confession, she's been having an affair but that's not even the kicker, just for a big fat ass cherry on top of that little treat...she gave him AIDS.
Obviously Mark is floored and beside -outside- himself, he knew they were having issues and she'd seemed distant lately but DAMN this is a lot to take in.
After a visit to his doctor he makes a decision.
A pretty hardcore life unaffirming decision.
She's gotta pay for robbing him of
Julia Coppage
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Unconvincing and halfhearted

My major issues with this story are the yawn-inducing first third that provides neither depth of character nor of story; the total lack of stated or shown motivation (a reason isn't motivation) for the brutal attack by the husband on his wife until it is revealed via dialogue halfway through the attack ; and the contradictory actions of the husband during the attack. The husband is repeatedly characterized as weak and sick, and thirty seconds later is engaged in stren
Heather Bates
Apr 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
Words fail me

I would have left no stars but I couldn't, so one star it is...from the description on Amazon, I was expecting something really suspenseful but all you get is a 'none story' that feels like someone has got drunk with their mates at the pub and collectively written down the most gruesome, gross scenarios they could think of and then the author has written a few connective words to group them together and called it a story. I like a good horror story and have quite a strong stomach fo
Tamara
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Warning ...

So ... Dawn Cano is extreme, and this lovely twisted tale of hard-core revenge comes with the appropriate warning right on the cover. I really have only two comments for perspective readers. First of all: It's a great read, and I am a fan. And ... it actually made me smile a bit ... because ... well ... come on ... revenge can make us giddy. Right?! Get your copy and let Dawn (and the world) know what you think. Perhaps you are just as twisted as this story ... and Dawn.
Audrey Klock
Apr 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Awful

What a terrible story. I couldn't imagine the ultimate betrayal suffered by the husband and wondered how he would seek his revenge, but this story was probably the worst I've ever read. Poorly written, total nonsense, sadistic. I tried to get a sample, but unfortunately the sample was only the pages leading up to the story., so my curiosity ended up wasting 99 cents. I can't wait to remove it from my Kindle. I am embarrassed to have this garbage in my cloud! Wish I could give it zero stars.
ursula
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING A BIT SICK AND TWISTED

This book gets straight down to the story so by the time you get to page 4/5 your well and truly hooked and can't put it down till the end. There are parts that are very disturbing but if you've read any of Matt Shaw's books then you must read some of Dawn Cano she is right up there with the best once you pick up one of her books you can't put it down and its refreshing to know a woman can write these kind off books. I can't wait to read more of her work.
Cathy
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
An entertaining little read. While I truly believe Dawn has the talent to go far, I was hoping that she would present us with something more original than the standard extreme horror fayre that the market is currently oversaturated with. I'm looking definitely looking forward to reading more from Miss Cano and I just hope that she can find the confidence to put her own stamp on her future works rather than emulate other writers.
Lisa Swearengin
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Dawn Cano has once again delivered an intensely visceral depraved story. Love love love it!!
(Thanks for the mention as a beta reader!)

I love revenge stories and this is one effed up revenge story. The grotesque things she has the main character do to his wife is extremely God awful and deliciously demented.

I can't wait for more!!!!
Mandy Oliver
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Definitely Disturbing!!!

If you are, in ANY way, sensitive to flat out Gore and perversion, this book isn't for you! The things I read had me absolutely horrified. I can't believe the sick sh*te that was happening. I can only hope this has never, and will never, happen to a real person. Rob Zombie himself may not even venture this far!!!
Jason
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This is a story of revenge! Am I crazy to root for the main character and hope the one who gave him a death sentence( intentional or not) gets what she got coming to her I guess I am but I wouldn't ACT on it but it does make you think how would you react . Not for the weak of stomach or the faint of heart I highly recommend to all fans of modern horror
christina cooper
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Extremely horrifically entertaining

Miss Cano has done it again in her 2nd short story! This one involves betrayal, and really, who knows what one would do when betrayed?! But when you start with someone who just might be unstable or demented to begin with...well, you'll see! Highly recommend this to all fans of modern horror.
Justin Day
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun and Disturbing

I don't have much more to say than that. Great gore. Well written. I liked this, it itched that extreme horror itch that is so hard to reach! If you dig extreme horror, read this!!
kia boss
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
AWESOME Revenge Tale.

Would've given it five stars if it had been longer, not necessarily more torture though I found the the LIPS part clever. Up there with Matt Shaw just a tad more fleshing out of the characters (pun intended) n it definitely would've been a five star.
Rayne Havok
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oooh, this was yucky, just like I like it. Great writing. Would recommend
Lyn Booth
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hahaha

What a nasty read. It was fast and gross. Not Bentley Little disturbing but super warped. Wow. If you like f-ed up stuff, you're going to like this one!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
“You've screwed around behind my back for three months, and you've sentenced me to an early death. What the fuck could you possibly say to me to make any of this okay?” 0 likes
“My name is Mike Hickman. I am 34-years-old and dying of AIDS, infected by my wife after she had an affair. Although medical intervention may prolong my life, I wish not to be saved. I don't want to live as a shell of my former self, relying on medication to keep me going. As my final act on this earth, I plan on showing the world a few things about what the world of horror has taught me over the course of my life. When I'm finished playing with the young lady I have bound to the bed, I will kill myself. You will not catch me. You will not prosecute me. For this crime, I am above the law.” 0 likes