Start by marking “Hana-Kimi 03 (Hana-Kimi, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hana-Kimi 03 (Hana-Kimi, #3)

Hana-Kimi 03 (Hana-Kimi #3)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  4,297 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Mizuki, Nakatsu und Izumi nehmen über den Sommer einen Job im Strandhotel der Familie von Dr. Umeda an! Aber als Kagurazaka, Izumis Wettkampfrivale, mit seinen Geschwistern die Ferien dort verbringt, ist es vorbei mit Friede, Freude, Eierkuchen! Denn dessen kleine Schwester Tamami ist nicht nur äußerst attraktiv, sondern auch noch total in den hochgewachsenen Izumi verscho ...more
Published 2006 by Carlsen Verlag (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Hana-Kimi 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hana-Kimi 03

Zaz
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This is a difficult volume to rate or review, because it's also one difficult for me to read. I really dislike how one girl is totally stalking Sano, using arguments like her body, and there are also abusive scenes which are dreadful to read. On another side, Nakatsu is all in drama mode, adding some thoughtlessness, while Sano is very very cute. It's probably the volume I like the least in the series, but it's also one helping all the characters realize their feelings. And there's the cute scen ...more
Steph Sinclair
Haha. Nakatsu "The Lolita Killer". Lol!
Mary
FINALLY a book that doesn't blame the girl when a guy tries to rape her. Sano saves Asahi from an assault and tells her never to blame herself for what happened. That it was the guy's fault for being unable to control himself and that it was in no way her fault at all. Halle-fricken-lujah.

The attempted assault was disturbing to read but she gets out of it before it escalates too far. I didn't like how he got off so easily but you could tell how disgusted everyone was regarding his reactions. Th
Jun 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cross posted on my blog!

I can’t stop adoring this series. It’s a little weird, but it’s so funny and cute. Mizuki is so precious. I will say that I’m hoping the pretense between her and Izumi will end soon. It’s clear that they care about each other. Sadly, seeing that there are like twenty-three volumes, I doubt they’ll confess their feelings anytime soon. Nakatsu is such great comic relief. It’s so silly, but I like it. I’ve gotten to the point that I recognize manga humor and find it funny my
Cassandra
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I am fond of this volume; the art has steadied, she is confident in her characters, and it cuts to what is the real heart of the story for me; (view spoiler) ...more
Dexter
Just as much fun as the first two volumes! And, as always, it leaves me wanting the next volume right NOW.

Second time reading:
Yet again I'm wanting Volume 4 NOW. It's not like a cliffhanger or anything... I just really want more.

I really liked this volume because the characters continue with their growth. Sano's and Mizuki's relationship keeps pushing and then a few random characters pop up and make it more interesting. I actually really liked Kagurazaka in this volume, whereas before I was supe
Ashley
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, romance, own
I binge read all of Hana Kimi. It's easy to see why that is so easy once you get into the second chapter of the series. Hana Kimi is filled with complex character moments, tension, and fun. All the characters come to life and its hard to put the story down. I've read my fair share of manga over the years and will continue to. I have the feeling that Hana Kimi will remain one of my favorites. I can't wait to get in a reread.
Sara
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shoujo, humor
Oh my god!!!1! I loooove this seriesss!! It's my favorite shoujo series and my second favorite manga series of ALL TIME! I just love everything about it!! I would totally do what Mizuki did.. though I don't think I could get away with it.... especially not in a Japanese school... -_- WELL! That's just not fair. Anyway, It's sooooo funny! AH! It's all so great! I can't contain the fan-girl in me! :O I even loved the TV series! (Especially the Taiwanese one! Ella and Jiro were hilarious!)
Jim
i'd really give this only two stars becuse i find an American girl going to school in Japan and dressing up as boy to get close to a sexy high jumper a crazy story. give me a book abouta teen biten by a radioactive spider, That makes sense.

were i a fourteen yearold girl i think i'd love this series.
Kirsti
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why oh why did I not purchase the next three volumes at least in this series? I was left with an empty feeling as I turned the last page, searching for more. I guess it leaves me something to look forward to, and this seems like a long series as well. I guess it is obvious now that I enjoy this series and recommend it, what more is there really to say, except read it so you can love it too!
Daniella Murillo
Actually, the manga is going slower than the drama! Or I don't know, the time lapse they both manage is different. I a-d-o-r-e Sano when he get's all protective to Mizuki <3 And mannnnn I wish there was more Nakatsu all the time.
I'll read Vol. 4 tomorrow, right after I watch the new episode of the korean drama version of this manga!
Rachel
I've read the first two volumes, and this manga is really cute and enjoyable... But the volumes are too expensive for how quickly I go through them. I can't justify spending any more money on something that's basically just fluff.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
While Sano, Nakatsu and Mizuki help out Nakao's mom, Io, at the hotel, Sano doesn't like the way one of the co workers is hanging around with Mizuki. Well this one got kind of serious. The moments between Nakatsu and Kaguzaka's baby sister was adorable.
Starbubbles
Aug 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
um, most tests are not opennote/book! that always made me mad when reading that.

plus, round watermelons, seedless watermelons, and yellow watermelons are also grown in the u.s. you see the longer, seeded watermelons more often though.

well, that's it for my nitpicking.
Ashira (Savannah)
Mar 19, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I've been reading this series from the library, and since number three wasn't there while pretty much everything else was, I have yet to read it... but I have many un-answered questions so I intend to whenever I find it or feel the need to read it.
Amanda
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Summer vacation - that means one of the central characters has to face an ordeal which includes a threatened rape, right? It infuriates me that the attempted-rapist's actions are considered acceptable because he thought Mizuki is a girl. Arghhh - rape culture alive & well in Japan, eh?
Caroline
"Hana-Kimi" is about a girl who fakes being a boy so she can go to high school with her track and field idol who lives in Japan, and he becomes her eventual love interest. This is funny and bright and though not high-quality, it's good.
Nikki Kelly
Aug 29, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An awesome series with a bit of a cliche plot-line (girl dresses as boy and falls in love at all-boy school). The characters are very likeable however, and a good love triangle is setup. Nice art as well. I never finished it because it's a lonnng series and I could not afford them all.
Christiana
Seriously, how long can Sano continue to not talk about how Mizuki is a girl? IT BOGGLES THE MIND.
Bianca
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loving it. Can't wait to get my hand on the next volume! I must know how it all unravels!! Does he jump well again? Please tell me he beats Kugrih!!!
Kashii
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
of course I mean its hana kimi... *whispers* i really like shoujo manga
Jennifer Jackson
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
i love this book and i love to read it over and over
Julie
Apr 08, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Julie by: D
Borrowed from a friend. Never really caught my interest, although maybe someday I'll read the rest of the series now that it's ended.
Marielle
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO GOOD
Saya
I DO NOT RATE MANGA. DON'T ASK ME WHY, I JUST DON'T.

"Nakatsu, The Lolita killer" I die.
Amy Gideon
I like the relationship between the two main characters and I like the idea of the series, but I don't like most of the situations driving the plot.
Chloe
Dec 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good.
Morgan
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's so so, still a little young for me. The problem she's having don't seem to be dynamic enough for me to be really interested. But I've also read this before a long time ago so... Hm.
Rachel Ramirez
I'm so glad I found this book. It was my first introduction to the cross dressing story line. It's a funny and happy love story with tons of keeping secrets in order to be near the one you love.
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 5
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 28 (Boys Over Flowers, #28)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 05
  • High School Debut, Vol. 09 (High School Debut, #9)
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 2
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 3
中条 比紗也 in Japanese.
She also uses the names Peco Fujiya (for yaoi works) and Ryou Fumizuki for doujinshi with her circle, Daisanteikoku.
More about Hisaya Nakajo...

Hana-Kimi (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 1 (Hana-Kimi, #1)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 2 (Hana-Kimi, #2)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4 (Hana-Kimi, #4)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5  (Hana-Kimi, #5)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 6 (Hana-Kimi, #6)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 7 (Hana-Kimi, #7)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 8 (Hana-Kimi, #8)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 9 (Hana-Kimi, #9)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 10 (Hana-Kimi, #10)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 11 (Hana-Kimi, #11)