Start by marking “The Home-Made Cat Café (Poppy's Place, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Home-Made Cat Café (Poppy's Place, #1)

The Home-Made Cat Café

(Poppy's Place #1)

Isla Palmer is CRAZY about cats SUPER-IN-LOVE crazy but her vet-nurse mum has never let her have one. Then Isla meets Poppy, a gorgeous cat in need of a loving home, and comes up with the perfect way to convince Mum.

Its not long before Poppy has transformed life at the Palmers everyone is happier, especially Gran, and even Islas older sister Tilda admits she likes
Published March 10th 2016 by Stripes

To ask other readers questions about The Home-Made Cat Café, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Home-Made Cat Café

Start your review of The Home-Made Cat Café (Poppy's Place, #1)
Luna
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uk-authors
I was nearing a bit of a reading-slump and wanted something cute, fun and easy to read and Poppy's Place ticked all these boxes. Plus Lucy Truman illustrations are beautiful so that was an extra bonus.

Isla is likable and kind, plus utterly cat mad. There probably isnt has much character depth as there could be for Isla (or the rest of her family and friends) but I didnt mind. In a way its quite nice to just have a straightforward character profile and for this story its suitable.

I just enjoyed
Chloe
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I really did enjoy this book even thought it did take me a while but I am so happy that I pick it out
Katherine Sunderland
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I won a free copy of a sneak preview (the first two chapters) of this book from the publisher Stripes at Little Tiger Press.

Synopsis:
All Isla has ever wanted is a cat. She loves everything about them but especially that "it was impossible to be sad with a cat around." Isla has a notebook with a list of nine reasons why they should get a cat - but her mum won't even listen to number one! Her mum works at the vets and is constantly "going on about how grown-ups didn't like to bring their work home
Book Gannet
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Do you have a cat-loving child in your life? Then this is probably the book for them. Eleven-year-old Isla is crazy for cats, but despite her mum working at a nearby vets, Isla isnt allowed any pets. But when her lonely grandmother comes to stay for the summer, and a lovely abandoned cat is brought in for treatment, Isla sees her chance to do something good and gain herself a cat into the bargain.

With a little help from her older sister and little brother, Isla soon ends up looking after more
Nayuleska
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best book EVER!! The illustrations are cute and had me going aww a lot. It wasn't until after I read Isla's tale that I saw what cat cafes are like - I so want to go to one! Isla doesn't get to open the cafe in this book, but all the preparations are made after a lot of convincing her family it's a good idea.

I love how much Poppy the cat changes Isla's grandmother, animals are miraculous in the comfort they can give when life is tough. I love how eventually Isla's whole family chip in to make
Zoe James-williams
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
The purfffect start to a new series for animal lovers. Isla desperately wants a cat but her Mum, a vet, is reticent. Poppy, an adorable homeless cat, changes her mind and the family's lives. Their home becomes a cat sanctuary and cafe, giving them all a purpose and helping forge stronger family ties. Will the new business be a catastrophe or can they all work together? Charmingly illustrated throughout this is great for young confident readers. ...more
Claire Fayers
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a charming and engaging book for young cat lovers. Isla is desperate to have a cat of her own but her mother has always refused. Then an encounter with a stray cat changes everything.

The story is fun, with sympathetic characters and sparkling humour. The warmth of the family relationships comes across beautifully, and the illustrations add to the charm.

Olivia
Lucy Elton
Dec 31, 2018
Linda Dobinson
Dec 07, 2018

• The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2)
  • The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1)
  • Up the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #4)
  • New The Magic Faraway Tree Collection 4 Books Set Pack,(Up The Faraway Tree, The Magic Faraway Tree, The Folk of the Faraway Tree, The Enchanted Wood) (Enid Blyton The Magic Faraway Tree)
  • The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)
  • Evie Brooks is Marooned in Manhattan
  • Princess Prom (Secret Princesses, #21)
  • The Boy At the Back of the Class
  • Operation Bunny (Wings & Co, #1)
  • Top Marks for Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #8)
  • The Day We Met The Queen: World Book Day 2020
  • Hildafolk (Hilda, #1)
  • Dark Emu
  • Violet and the Smugglers (Violet #3)
  • SuperŽENY
  • Way of the Wolf (Mission Survival #2)
  • Dragon Post
  • A Country Escape

Poppy's Place (4 books)
  • Trouble at the Cat Cafe
  • The Great Cat Café Rescue
  • Secrets at the Cat Café (Poppy's Place)