Start by marking “Asimov's Science Fiction, March 2016” as Want to Read:

Poetry
"Cinderella
Kindle Edition, Asimov's Science Fiction, #482, 116 pages
Published February 19th 2016 by Dell Magazines

To ask other readers questions about Asimov's Science Fiction, March 2016, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asimov's Science Fiction, March 2016

Start your review of Asimov's Science Fiction, March 2016
G33z3r
This issue is a win for the cover novella alone, and it also manages a handful of other quite enjoyable stories.

"I Married a Monster from Outer Space" by Dale Bailey
The cover novelette, deservedly so. Ruth's life hasn't worked out the way she planned. She's working the register late night at Walmart when an alien walks up with a sopping basket he can't pay for. She takes him home to the trailer she shares with Donny and their faded dreams. More allegory than sci-fi (despite an alien sitting on
Kam Yung Soh
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it
An average issue with an interesting tale about predicting future events by Ted Kosmatka and a story with a different take about an alien who meets up with a woman by Dale Bailey.

- "The Bewilderness of Lions" by Ted Kosmatka: an unusual story about a data cruncher who can predict that certain kinds of events would happen in the future, making her useful for a political campaign. But things change when she encounters a person who is aware of her abilities and warns her not to submit a report
Sacha Valero
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Asimov' Science Fiction March 2016

Stars 3.2

The Ship Whisperer by Julie Novakova
4 Stars

The MC is a specially designed human who interfaces telepathically with space ship's AI. The mission has a military component and the Colonel in charge is basically a bigot who hates people like her. Plus, he conducts classified missions that physically harm her due to the connection to the AI.

A Partial Lists of Lists I Have Lost Over Time by Sunil Patel
1 Star

A mad scientist creates lists about everything.
Will Emmons
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the stories are good. So is Silverberg's column. Dale Bailey's cover story is an absolute banger 5/5
Username
Jan 21, 2017 marked it as to-read
First, not all books (or magazines, in this case) fall in the categories of to read/currently reading/ read. I read one story here and I may read more in the future, but not right now, and I dont want have this in my "currently reading " shelf forever. So I added the shelf "partially read".

The story I read is "Project Empathy" by Dominica Phetteplace It seems to be the first in a series, although the first one I read was "Project Entropy" in Asimov's Science Fiction, July 2016. This is an
Denise Barney
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Most of the stories in this issue use their science fictional setting to explore the human condition. Okay, most science fiction does that. But these stories seemed to have the theme of loss and opening yourself up to another--human, AI, or alien--leaving yourself vulnerable. "I Married a Monster from Outer Space" was my favorite. The protagonist is working class, not very well-educated, who encounters an alien and learns something about being human.

"A Little Bigotry" explores what happens
Nathan
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great theme to this series, taking a deep look at the human condition. Most of the stories were amazing, some I enjoyed a bit less-so.

The title story was interesting but ultimately I wasn't a huge fan. The author meant for it to be a tad campy, but overall I just had a bit of trouble relating.

Project Empathy was a VERY interesting read. I'm finding that I'm really starting to enjoy near-future tales a lot more because of how they can draw such great connections to modern life and show how
Rafael Ontivero
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Después de una pequeña subida de calidad en algunos números anteriores, la misma ha bajado hasta los ínfimos niveles habituales.

Yo no sé si es porque pagan poco, o porque el nivel cuentístico por allí anda de capa caída, pero los relatos son especialmente infumables ahora que parece que la revista se orienta un poco más al lado "hard".
Beau
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it
"Project Empathy" was the standout story for me. It created a unique world that I was itching to know more about.

I also really liked "A Partial List of Lists I Have Lost over Time" & "I Married a Monster from Outer Space".

The other stories were fine, nothing exceptional but fun nonetheless.
Stephanie
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: magazines
These were good stories, but not really outstanding for me. I particularly liked the cover and cover story "I Married a Monster from Outer Space"by Dale Bailey, The Ship Wisperer (by Julie Novakova, a Czech author) and Cinderella 2300 (a great poem by Ken Poyner).
Rachel (Kalanadi)
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magazines
3.5 stars. Novelettes were great, short stories were just OK for me in this issue. Looking forward to the next one!
Francis Bass
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great issue. "A Partial List of Lists I Have Lost Over Time" by Sunil Patel was very funny, and I'm really enjoying the "Project" stories by Dominica Phetteplace.
Scott Klobas
Ryan
May 22, 2017

• Science(ish): The Peculiar Science Behind the Movies
  • Star Trek: Waypoint Special 2019
  • Star Trek: Discovery Annual 2019—Captain Saru (Star Trek: Discovery: Succession)
  • Tarzan the Terrible (Tarzan, #8)
  • Hollywood Babylon II (Hollywood Babylon, #2)
  • Funny!: Twenty-Five Years in the Pixar Story Room
  • Jumper: Griffin's Story (Jumper, #0.5)
  • Vampirella Vs Dracula
  • Vampirella/ Dejah Thoris Collection (Vampirella/Dejah Thoris)
  • Disney Dracula, Starring Mickey Mouse (Graphic Novel)

Sheila Williams is the editor of Asimov's Science Fiction magazine. She is also the recipient of the 2012 Hugo Award for Best Editor, Short Form.

Sheila grew up in a family of five in western Massachusetts. Her mother had a master's degree in microbiology. Ms. Williams’