Start by marking “Saga, Vol. 9” as Want to Read:
Saga, Vol. 9

Saga, Vol. 9

(Saga (Collected Editions) #9)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  19,891 ratings  ·  3,878 reviews
The multiple Eisner Award-winning series returns with a spacefaring adventure about fake news and genuine terror. Get ready for the most shocking, most impactful SAGA storyline yet.

Collects SAGA #49-54
Published October 2nd 2018 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Saga, Vol. 9, please sign up.
Zachary I don't know about Paper Girls, but after issue 54 the creators will be taking a year-long break. This break is being described as an intermission, so…moreI don't know about Paper Girls, but after issue 54 the creators will be taking a year-long break. This break is being described as an intermission, so it is safe to say that Saga is about half over. That would add up to roughly 108 chapters, 18 volumes, or 6 Hardcovers.(less)

·  19,891 ratings  ·  3,878 reviews

Start your review of Saga, Vol. 9
Patrick
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fuck.

I love this series. And I trust Vaughan as a storyteller. And I know the world this story is happening in is a dark one, and grim.

That said, this issue is pushing up against the boundaries of what I'll tolerate. There's a reason I don't read The Walking Dead anymore. And there's a line between dramatic storytelling and emotional abuse.

Anne
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
WHAT?!

description

You'd think 9 volumes in, Vaughn would stop shocking me, stop entertaining me, stop making me laugh, stop making me nervous to turn the page, and stop stabbing my soul with his pointy little pen.
But nope.
(view spoiler) <--don't click this unless you've ALREADY read this volume! Seriously. It will ruin your life and/or reading experience if you haven't!

I don't want to give any spoilers and I don't want to be spoiled myself, but a big part of me is hoping t
Kat
Mar 29, 2020 added it
Shelves: comics
911 what the fuck
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Hell to the no!!! I REFUSE! I REFUSE! I REFUSE!!

Mel 🖤🐺🐾
Sean Gibson
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Saga isn't sticking a penis in your face, it's driving a dagger through your heart. It continues to be one heck of a ride--not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach, nor for the emotionally frail. But, well worth it for everyone else.
karen
something about this volume feels like it's speaking to the world beyond the pages of Saga.

and some of it feels like it’s speaking directly to its readers, knowing that there’s going to be more than a year’s wait for the next part of the story:

Anticipation and dread aren’t opposites, just different versions of the same game. Both involve knowing that something is going to happen, but not knowing when. And whether you end up winning or losing, you at least get to reach a conclusion. There’s alway
Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー
Just finished issue 54#

I'm crying and Brian just announced a YEAR LONG HIATUS. WHAT THE F WAS THAT ENDING?

So here's a picture of mah homies to make everyone me feel better.

Image result for saga
Adina
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-i-like
You can't do that to your characters before going on a hiatus. Heart breaking.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
7.) Saga Volume 7 ★★★★★
8.) Saga Volume 8 ★★★★.5
9.) Saga Volume 9 ★★★★★

-----------------------------------------------

NO, no, no, NO, No, no, NO, no and did I also mention, NOOOOOOO????!?!?!?!??!?!?!?
Raeleen Lemay
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
nope I wasn't ready for that
Bradley
*cries and rails against the universe, silently vowing vengeance*
Natasja
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe... I have to wait for more now. I’m one of those assholes who wants instant gratification. My life is fucked. Guess all I’ve got left is anticipation and dread.
Kristen Burns
4 Stars? 4.5 Stars? IDK, decisions are hard.

Review:
What... What... What...

😭

DON'T READ THIS. JUST GO ON BEING HAPPY AND PRETENDING EVERYTHING IS OK IN THE SAGA WORLD.

IDK HOW TO REVIEW THIS.

Screenshot of GR update: I love how half the reviews for Saga Vol. 9 are just people screaming and cursing and having meltdowns in capslock.

Honestly, this was one of the best volumes of the series, in my opinion, in terms of emotion and characters and relationships. Alana, Marko, Hazel, Sir Robot IV, Squire, Petrichor, Ghus, Upsher, Doff---everyone was together and friendly and it was so much fun to see the dynamics among them. There wasn't any
Hamad
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

I am happier than Archimedes when he found his law and ran naked in the city!
Eureka Eureka, a 5 stars read!

Michael Finocchiaro
As always, the artwork is fantastic, the humor caustic and fun, the drama interesting and uncorny and the imagination absolutely mind-blowing. If I say anything more, I’ll be spoiling the story. Can’t wait for Vol 10!
Oh, and they should have had a lying cat last week for the Ford/Kavanaugh hearing. It would have slept through the first half and gone stark raving mad screaming “Lying!” during the second half...
Amy
What.

the.

fuuuuu.

Just.

Happened.
David Schaafsma
”Anyone can kill you, but it takes someone you know to really HURT you. It takes someone you love to break your heart”—Hazel

So this volume is jaw-dropping in a way that, if anyone on Goodreads spoils it for you, you should probably consider unfriending them. So I won’t spoil it, but this is the Queen of Emotional volumes in an already emotional rollercoaster of a series that moves from hilarity (any two characters talking anytime) to cuteness (Ghus, Hazel) to adult-level graphic sex and profanit
Lilith Black Bee
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is Sunday, March 10 01: 47 am... And l barely can keep myself to not cry because l will wake up my husband and baby. I am 99% ready to make my way to the bathroom so l can cry in peace... This just broke my heart GOD DAMN IT!
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. My heart has been shattered into a million tiny pieces. This volume was heartbreaking and devastating but absolutely phenomenal. This series is nothing less than genius. The writing, the art, the story, the characters... everything is just brilliant. If you haven’t read this series yet, seriously what are you doing with your life??! Kidding... but read it!!!

I can’t believe we have to wait like a year for the next dose of Saga but fair play to Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples for doing what
Matthew
This series is so weird!

I was entertained by this volume. It continues the story in pretty much the same vein as the past few volumes. So, while the overall storyline is very creative and unique, you will not find much in this volume that you have not already seen from this series.

Man, the art is just so out there and interesting. I could probably read this series without any dialogue included and my mind would be blown. In fact, that might be an interesting exercise – determining just what the
Alison
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
BEST ONE YET AND I AM CRYINGGGGGGGGGG
Bea
4.5 stars!

WHYYYYYY???

just excuse me which I cry for the next few days and never stop thinking about this ending. thanks
Ian Darko
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK
K. Elizabeth
Not sure why, but this volume wasn't as good as the previous installments! It just didn't hold my attention the same way. 🤷‍♀️
Julie Zantopoulos
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so hard in my feels! I cannot handle it. This graphic novel series is so phenomenal, so hard-hitting, so raw and real and I LOVE it.

Hazel is starting to look so big and it's equally so cute and like "no, stay tiny forever". She's precious and bold and starting to take after her mama and I love it.

Just...read this series, everyone!
Tatiana
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The counts of dead bodies and penises are very high in this installment. Lots of action of every kind. Sad too:(
Dennis
Everyone’s reaction to this:

Me?

description

I’m a dennis-shaped ice cube. (Not sure if still calling it a cube then is appropriate. But „I’m an ice dennis“ sounds kinda stupid.)

It’s virtually impossible to review this volume without spoilers, because let’s be honest, it’s all about what happens in the last two issues. And it is quite significant.

So I won’t be getting into any plot details.

This series is great. Everyone should read it. And this volume is no exception. It might break your heart, though.

Unless
Beatrice Masaluñga
I AM FUCKING DECEASED.

description

HOLY SHIT. This volume RIPPED MY HEART IN PIECES. Goddamn it!!!! I BADLY WANT VOLUME 10 but then Brian K. Vaughan takes a year HIATUS. He just left us hanging with the most heartbreaking volume yet. Unbelievable. I'm still processing that ending.. I SCREAMED!! I love this graphic novel series. Such an awesome masterpiece. Let me just recover from that ending. I feel so betrayed right now. SEND HELP!
AleJandra
All the STARS in all the Galaxies for this book

"The most important moments in our life rarely take place on some numerically significant date. Most of the time, we don't even realize we've lived through something worth commemorating until long after it's already ended."

description

Necesito desahogarme, así que prepárense para la reseña más dramática que han leído, esta vez no estoy exagerando.

En proceso...

Very good book, a lot of feelings 1 5 Aug 22, 2019 08:29AM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Saga Series by Brian K. Vaughan [Feb. 13, 2019] 63 43 Mar 25, 2019 08:16AM

• Monstress, Vol. 3: Haven
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 7: Mothering Invention (The Wicked + The Divine #7)
  • Descender, Vol. 6: The Machine War
  • Monstress, Vol. 4: The Chosen
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 8: Old Is the New New (The Wicked + The Divine #8)
  • Sex Criminals: Volume Five: Five-Fingered Discount
  • The Colossal Magic Nothing (Rat Queens, #5)
  • Monstress, Vol. 2: The Blood
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 9: Okay (the wicked + the divine #9)
  • Saga, Volume 7
  • Skyward, Vol. 1: My Low-G Life
  • Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 6: Imperial Phase, Part II (The Wicked + The Divine #6)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 30: New World Order
  • East of West, Vol. 8
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 5: Imperial Phase, Part I (The Wicked + The Divine #5)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 8 (Giant Days, #8)
  • Gideon Falls, Vol. 1: The Black Barn
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Saga (Collected Editions) (9 books)
  • Saga, Vol. 1
  • Saga, Vol. 6
  • Saga, Vol. 7
  • Saga, Vol. 8

Articles featuring this book

A medical student grappling with the afterlife. A misfit demigod who can turn her rivals into monsters. An office drone clocking in dur...
“Honey girl, I don't care what you do, as long as you're kind to everyone you meet."

"That's it?"

"That is the hardest part of being alive.”
21 likes
“Why, because you think made-up stories have never resulted in actual casualties? Putting new ideas into another person's head is an aggressive act, aggressive acts have consequences. Face it, you can be a writer or a pacifist, but you can't be both.” 13 likes