Start by marking “Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)

Gemina

(The Illuminae Files #2)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  44,116 ratings  ·  9,640 reviews
Moving to a space station at the edge of the galaxy was always going to be the death of Hanna’s social life. Nobody said it might actually get her killed.

The sci-fi saga that began with the breakout bestseller Illuminae continues on board the Jump Station Heimdall, where two new characters will confront the next wave of the BeiTech assault.

Hanna is the station captai
Library Binding, 659 pages
Published October 18th 2016 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Gemina, please sign up.
Ryan They still play a part. I'm 100 pages in and I can tell you that this story happens at the same time as Illuminae. This is what is happing at the Jump…moreThey still play a part. I'm 100 pages in and I can tell you that this story happens at the same time as Illuminae. This is what is happing at the Jump Station Hemidall. You do get to meet the parents though. I'm sure Kady and Evan will show up before the end though.(less)

·  44,116 ratings  ·  9,640 reviews

Start your review of Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)
Jay Kristoff
Dec 21, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Until I find time to make a gif review (wtb Jay clone pst), here's a GEMINA FAQ:

Is GEMINA a sequel or companion novel to ILLUMINAE?

Both. Chronologically, it picks up about 5 minutes after ILLUMINAE ends. The book continues the story of the invasion of Kerenza IV, and many of the important questions asked in ILL are answered in ILL2, ie “The Hypatia was sending distress calls all through Illuminae, why did help never arrive?” and “Can there possibly be a dude in the universe hotter than Ezra Mason?"
/>Is
Caz (littlebookowl)
They've done it again. Threw my emotions onto a roller coaster ride into space and through wormholes and just every which way.
It was kind of exhausting reading this, but in such a good way. Man. Oh man <3

*EDIT*
Third time reading this I listened to the audiobook. If you have the opportunity to experience it on audio (even both audio & physically read) I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU DO IT. With a cast of characters and sound effects, the listening experience is EPIC.
The stor
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS GREAT. So many aspects of this book BLEW MY MIND. I'm so curious to find out how this story is going to come to a close in the last book!

More thoughts here: https://youtu.be/GmfyLOk3-_I?t=2m17s
Christine Riccio
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS ONE. LISTEN TO THE AUDIO BOOK. HERE'S MY FULL BOOKTALK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyapO...
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”Patience and Silence had one beautiful daughter. And her name was Vengeance.”

Or you might just call her Hanna Donnelly! Just saying. *lol*

Pff! Where do I even begin to write this review? XD I’m aware I already said this about Illuminae but damn me and my exclamation marks, I’ll just have to say it again: THIS BOOK WAS EVEN BETTER THAN ILLUMINAE AND I STILL WASN’T PREPARED FOR ANY OF THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED!!! *LOL*

I mean, I read a lot. Every one of you who bothers to read my super l
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re read on Audio before Obsidio gets here soon!!! The audio was fanfreakingtastic! ❤

Sometimes I re-read my reviews & they are moronic!

I wanted to do this big thing. I immediately took the cover off to see what the hardback looked like and loved it. I even painted my nails blue to go with the book and I had on blue lipstick but you could still see my stupid fever blister. . .class="gr-hostedUserImg">
I
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-read: February 12th 2018

Gemina was one of the best things that happened to me in 2016! I can't even tell you how crazy good this baby was. If you didn't care about Illuminae much, i still highly suggest giving this a go.

Can we all just appreciate how magnificently beautiful AIDAN is!?! Let me sit here and swoon a little.

I am aware this quote is from the first book, but i just can't deal with how great it is. Possibly the most favorite quote of all times! I was overjoyed when his chapters started popp
Chelsea Humphrey
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
But why is it over? Why must we wait for so long until the next one?

I'll be honest, I loved Illuminae & was skeptical of all the hype saying Gemina was better, but after finishing this I almost want to go back and adjust my Illuminae rating to a 4 and keep this at a 5. It was just an entire star better.

All my thoughts are muddled so I'll try to come back and give this a proper review when things settle down, but just know I loved this. So many feels. 💙
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't enjoy this quite as much as Illuminae but it still was really enjoyable! I'll go more into depth in a video review soon!
jessica
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
daaamn jay and amie - back at it again with the coolest book ever!

i felt like the most badass detective sifting through case files and trying to figure out whats going. just as exciting, remarkable, and unique as illuminae. my mind is still blown away by the level of detail in the work of genius that is this story. i cant even imagine the amount of effort that went into creating this.

i bow down to the most iconic literary duo. amie and jay are legends.

5 stars
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

NO SPOILERS BELOW
Gemina was one hell of a ride! It was great but I must admit, not as great as Illuminae for sure. BUT... it was still mindblowing nonetheless. I will write a full review once we get closer to release day but I've included a few pros and cons down below.

PROS:
1. BAD ASS NEW CHARACTERS: Hesistant about Gemina focusing on a new set of characters? Don't be!
2. PLOT: This book will leave you mind-freakin-blown!
3. FORMAT: If you made it through Illuminae, you already got used to the formatting. Picking up this story will be much easier to understand frombelow.
☽Luna☾
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
< review loading >

< error >

< error >

< review now fully loaded >

4.5/5

BR with this Chum

"It may comfort you to know that your death, while astonishingly violent, will likely be mercifully swift."

description
^^ accurate picture of my face when the action started.

Okay so let me start by saying this book was awesome. I enjoyed reading it so much. I feel like this book should be illegal it's that good. The plot was fast paced and full of twists. This book is FUCKING EXCITING? I feel like I was on the edge of my seat the whole enChum
Emma Giordano
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
A solid four stars! I felt this was a great sequel. I listened to it on audiobook and I would HIGHLY recommend! (if you're afraid of missing out on all the beautiful artwork, its easy to listen and flip through the images when you can) I don't think I missed out on anything despite it being such a visual story; The production of the audiobook is the best I think I've ever heard. The new characters/perspective were really interesting and it was natural to ease into their story. Hannah and Nick ar ...more
karen
congratulations! semifinalist in goodreads' best YA fantasy & science fiction category 2016!

i read this last week when i was sick in bed the day after halloween, needing a guaranteed fast, fun, escapist book to breeze through while huddled under the covers with a giant pot of halloween candy in easy reach.

photo IMG_7739_zpssduivsie.jpg

best sick day ever.

this book may be even better than Illuminae, even though it is similar in many ways.

the same beautiful design and layout is back:

photo IMG_7739_zpssduivsie.jpg

best sick day ever.

the same beautiful design and layout is back:

photo d3c1ea43-0f95-4fa2-ae14-554ef3bad59f_zpsuhudtxsl.jpg

photo IMG_7926_zpswcybbzvq.jpg

photo IMG_7925_zps37pkw556.jpg

and this time there are some fun cartoony illustrations by Marie Lu

photo IMG_7927_zpsupfflwmj.jpg

the same winky shout-outs are back

photo IMG_7924_zpsvabvmjdn.jpg

♥AIDAN♥ is back

and there is tons of overlap in terms of narrative elements, for example, the relationship in this book pretty much mirrors the kady/ezra relationship in Illuminae - an unlikely romance blossoming under extremely unusual and intense circumstances, in which the couple spend most of the book apart on their own separate missions. but that trick worked for me the first time and it worked for me here. hanna is also as badass as kady was, so she's easy to root for with both fists raised.

the action in this book takes place immediately after the events aboard the Hypatia so excellently rendered in Illuminae. here, we are on the Heimdall, where the situation continues to unfold and it's going to unfold with insane amounts of action and intrigue. and things with hungry, hungry mouths.

oh my god, SO GOOD!

there's nothing i can do but gush. it's funny and smart with some great new characters and several old favorites and the world-building and dirty dealings are fantastic, and this praise is coming from someone who is usually bored by books set in outer spaaaaace. this one is anything but boring. you don't even have to have the flu to enjoy it, although i do recommend a giant cauldron of tiny candies by your side. but i recommend you have one of those on hand every day of the year.

but that ending?? NOOOOOOOOOO. it's cliffhanger city, my friends.

it is going to be very painful to wait for the conclusion of this story. i love it so ██████ much

come to my blog!
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
Surveillance footage summary,
prepared by
Analyst ID 8759-6294-DN

Subject has decided, against our better judgement I might add, to continue reading The Illuminae Files and so here I am again writing up ANOTHER summary. We were forced to move the subject to a room with concrete walls & a minimal amount of breakable objects - though I must admit her attempt to chop the bed frame in half with her bare hand was admirable. I imagine that particular action was inspired by the physical prowess of one
C.G. Drews
Hello my name is DEAD WITH THE AWESOME OF THIS FANTASTIC NOVEL. It's a long name but one I feel is necessary because omggggg so so so so so good. SO GOOD!! SO SO very very good. And obviously it was going to be because of the glorious gift to this universe that is Illuminae. Although I will admit I like Illuminae best still. Way more AIDAN there who is obviously my favourite thing in the universe and whom I will love until the sun ne'er rises again.

Anyway. This book = a perfect sequel. It has everything I de
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kaylin by: Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
4.5 Stars

ahhh!! I still love it!! RTC

---------------

Yes, I am reading this again.

Third time and I feel no shame. These books are so much fun??

First-buddy read with the lovely maybelline
❄️Nani❄️

What was going through my head while I was reading this?

✨ I could get used to this thrill ride. Lightning struck twice.
✨ I hate these characters. Every last one of them.
✨ I miss the Illuminae gang. Every last one of them.

So, here's the thing, I didn’t have the highest of hopes going into Gemina and that's not exactly how I usually start books. Granted, that's not how most people start books either but because these books are deeply character-driven novels, I knew from the reviews
Ashley Nuckles
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reread March 2018 on audiobook. IT WAS EVEN BETTER THE SECOND TIME I JUST CANT

If I could give this book 10 stars I wouldn't hesitate; hell, even a million stars wouldn't do it justice.

GEMINA. WAS. AMAZING.

The plot around Heimdall Station: SUSPENSEFUL
The new characters, Hanna & Nik: KICK ASS
The return of beloved characters: PERFECT
The introduction of new, crazy points in the story: MIND BLOWING
The storytelling format: GETS BETTER WITH EVERY BOOK

Literally everything in Gemina
emma
Ah, good fantasy. (Please read with the exact voice and emotional expression of the Spongebob Squarepants narrator soothingly intoning, Ah, Goo Lagoon. If you do not know this reference, please go educate yourself on the tenets of modern culture, you uncultured swine.) BUT WAS IT ACTUALLY GOOD FANTASY?! Now I regret typing that long Spongebob allusion. But not enough to remove it. It took too long. I cannot waste these amazing pop-culture references.

I am very aggravated and confused. I am a heap of conflicting emotions. (Yes, a heap. That is not a pile of sundress and cynicism and sort-of-blonde hair in the corner, as you may have presumed, but rather an overwhelmed Me. Please do not be alarmed, for this is my natural state.)

Quick concept of what Gemina is: like, five hundred years in the future. Humans livin’ in space. Lots of tech-y, future-y stuff like black holes and jump stations and complicated maybe-science I don’t understand. We follow Hannah (?), our main character/pretty lil rich girl; Nik, her sexual harasser who is supposedly charming; and Ella, THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. We’ll get into all that.

Sometimes me and Gemina got along like a sense of humor and the movie The Big Sick (which is to say, very well) but I also had SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH IT.

(The Big Sick, on the other hand, caused me neither emotional trial nor emotional tribulation. Just an all-out fantastic movie. Do I have a bigger crush on Kumail Nanjiani or Emily V. Gordon? Who’s to say.) (Did Emily V. Gordon like my tweet? Yes. I’m cool. I’m fine. I’m casual. What? No, there was no squealing to be heard. That would be ridiculous. Not chill at all.)

The Big Sick love-rant over. Unless you don’t see it. In which case I will pen a review of The Big Sick, drive to your hometown, take you to a showing of said film with all necessary force, and whisper the review of the movie to you during the quiet parts of this same movie. (And on top of it, you will be the one paying for the tickets. Movie theaters are expensive and I am not made of money.)

You guys when I started screaming at you about an unrelated movie rather than screaming about this book:

Okay. I’m done. I really am. But go see The Big Sick.

Let’s start with the good stuff, I guess. (About Gemina. You know, the book I’m allegedly reviewing.)

Time has passed, I am wearing rose colored glasses (and rocking them, obvs) and I’m mostly remembering the good stuff. Good sign for this book! Let’s talk about fun and nice things.

THE GOOD

1. THESE BOOKS ARE JUST SO CLEVER.
You really have to hand it to them. Like, my bois (the term “boi” has always been gender neutral to me) Kristoff and Kaufman straight KILLED. IT. in terms of formatting. All those chat logs and sketches (new addition to this book) and (view spoiler). Loved it, man. It feels way smoother than the Illuminae formatting. And don’t even get me started on AIDAN, the semi-evolved computer whose nefarious and creepy inner workings are...used to summarize surveillance footage. But we’re veering toward negatives so I’ll move on. Long story short, why do traditionally-formatted books even still exist?!

2. I HAVE A NEW BFF.
I would say “gf,” but she’s fifteen years old and also I’d rather just become her than anything else. Her name is Ella Malikova and she is a hacker. (YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW BY NOW THAT I AM SUCH A SUCKER FOR A HACKER. Is there any better plot than a heist with a hacker character? Baby Driver should’ve had a hacker.) (Also, see Baby Driver too.) Anyway, she is so funny and badass and I love her so much. #GiveEllaMalikovaHerOwnBook2k17

3. This book be funny
There’s some made up slang in here, which I like. (Somehow it makes sense with context clues but also isn’t overly similar to the slang of today?? Amazing.) Shenanigans ensue with an extremely explicit song about lollipops. And every time Hannah (is there an H or no? Can’t remember), Ella and Nik have their lil instant-message conversations, my cold and bitter heart warms ever so slightly.

4. Total mind f*ck
There are some bad side effects to this bullet point, but also I spent most of the book like OH MAN WHAT IS GOING ON WHAT’S HAPPENING NEXT IS THIS REAL SCIENCE OR QUASI-SCIENCE EITHER WAY IT’S GOING OVER MY HEAD AND IT SOUNDS SMART SO I’M ALONG FOR THE RIDE. YOU GUYS JUST KEEP CRAWLIN’ THROUGH AIR VENTS AND PUNCHIN’ BAD GUYS.

5. It started off SO FREAKING WELL
I’ve been in an on-and-off reading slump for approximately 9 months, and when I first picked this up I wanted to do NOTHING BUT READ IT.
That honeymoon period faded.
But we’ll get there.
Ugh WHY DO THERE EVEN HAVE TO BE NEGATIVES TO THIS BOOK?!
I’ll let AnnaSophia Robb answer that:

Where is AnnaSophia Robb these days? Man, that girl has had a turbulent career. Her parts include a) tragic and traumatizing death in a children’s movie, b) alien, c) arm lost to shark.

Why do I keep talking about movies? I barely even like movies. I will force myself to move on.

It’s time to get into...THE BAD. (Insert ominous lightning bolt and thunder here, as if we are looking at a haunted house in a Scooby Doo cartoon.)

THE NOT SO GOOD

1. The...characters……….
Okay. So I know I just adoration-rambled about Ella for a hot Texas minute. This must be very confusing for you. I am sorry.
BUT ELLA IS THE ONLY CHARACTER WHO ACTUALLY EXISTS TO ME.
I found it totally impossible to connect to the actual main characters, Hannah (IS THERE AN H OR NOT) and Nik. Nik, in particular, was SO BORING. I felt like they were kind of just like “He is a bad boy. Here is his tragic backstory.” And then left it at that and hoped for the best. Hanna (I looked it up, no H) was similarly flat but less trope-y. Just somewhat nonexistent.
You can never have enough flat female protagonists!!!!!!!!!

2. The...old characters………
If you have read my Illuminae review, you know that I hate Kady, the first book’s version of Hanna.
And guess who shows up pretty goddamn often?
If you guessed “that pink haired, defined-by-her-effortless-beauty identity-less buffoon,” you are correct.
If you guessed “said buffoon’s love interest, who Emma actually likes, and is charming and funny and has a - gasp! - personality,” you would, of course, be wrong.
Many generations ago, my ancestors betrayed the ancestors of every young adult author ever. The retribution is that I may never find literary happiness.
Also, AIDAN doesn’t feel as fun. (Insert whining noise here.)

3. ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE LOVE FROM ALL SIDES
In Illuminae, I had to deal with the girl-so-effortlessly-beautiful-at-least-three-men-are-silently-pining-away-just-ready-to-martyr-themselves-whenever-given-the-chance trope. Abundantly.
AND IT GODDAMN REAPPEARS IN THIS BOOK, TOO.
Hanna is dating the ~most handsome guy~ on the entire!! jump station. Nik, also pretty hot, supposedly, is just pinin’ away. Everyone in the whole effin’ universe knows she’s hot sh*t.
Yes, we get Ella, who isn’t described exclusively in terms of her heart-stopping, universe-shaking, wormhole-damaging beauty. But that still doesn’t mean I want an unbelievably gorgeous girl who just ~doesn’t know she’s beautiful~ in every flippin’ book.

4. TOO MUCH LOVE, PT 2
THERE’S SO MUCH ROMANCE IN THIS BOOK. And there was so much romance in Illuminae. And all signs point to an equally immense sh*t ton of lovin’ in Obsidio, the upcoming third book, too.
Romance is fine as a subplot. But I’m not here for some interstellar romancing. I just want some badassery…in space.

5. THIS LOVE SUCKS: A Companion Novel to the “Too Much Love” Duology
So, at the beginning of this book, Hanna is getting it on with the aforementioned hunk-boyfriend. Nik is her drug dealer. Nik constantly sexually harasses her and repeatedly asks her out despite her consistent lack of interest. At one point, Hanna points out that Nik doesn’t know anything about her except that she’s pretty. And he’s like “aw :( yeah i guess u hot kween.”
And then she’s all, ok, kiss my face for the rest of the book.
Which...what? Am I supposed to find this CUTE? I am supposed to “““ship””” “““this”””???? Bleh. Just punch more bad guys, please.

6. Is this just Illuminae?
An unlikely romance. A file folder containing documents that delineate the attempts of a corporation to kill civilians, being presented in order to prosecute that corporation. A hot, badass girl. A hot, badass boy. AIDAN. An unnamed employee taking ““humorous”” notes on surveillance footage. Lots of quasi-science and bad guy killing. A really gross and unexpected biohazard to add a twist of fun.
Like, did I read the same book twice? And the third book will just be me reading it a third time?

7. (view spoiler)

8. I love mild confusion!!!!
Luckily, I truly enjoy being constantly perplexed! I find a light dusting of befuddlement to be invigorating. Feeling utterly uncertain for 700 pages? Count me the hell in!

8. These people have GOT to be superheroes
For roughly three-quarters of this book, our three main characters (plus, like, 200 side characters), go without eating or sleeping. One (1) character uses a bathroom one (1) time. These fools are constantly sprinting and crawling and shooting and fighting and experiencing one emotional trauma after the next. But no, feel free to mention one sleepless night and hint at the ingestion of raw meat and call it a fictional day.

9. ok...and the formatting wasn’t perfect
I know most people love surveillance-footage guy, the unnamed dude (maybe just person? Can’t remember if the character’s gendered) who summarizes the video from security tapes.
I don’t love him, BECAUSE HE SHOWS UP ALL THE TIME IN THIS BOOK. I needed more formatting variety.
Also, they censor the curse words in this series. What was charming in Illuminae is really distracting here. I don’t want to take 17 seconds every other page to try to analyze whether that blacked-out word is f*ck or sh*t.
And it’s not like the court documents of today black out curse words. Right?

10. One thing this review and this book have in common: they’re WAY TOO LONG
Gemina dragged. Not as bad as I’m sure this review is dragging, but still, man, it dragged.

Bottom line: This was a very strange experience. I have no clue what to rate it. Bits were four stars, even five, but also three and two and one.

I guess I just have to give it that old placeholder rating of three stars.

Still read this book if you feel like it.

-----------------
currently-reading updates
-----------------

what is it about these books that prevents me from liking the characters?? storytelling-wise, plot-wise, creativity-wise, all fully brill. then when it comes to the characters, i am asleep. because i am bored. because i do not care. my lack of shits to give is preventing me from staying awake.

------------------

whoa.

this is already, like, a million times better than just-pretty-good illuminae.

but can these bozos write a female protagonist who isn't getting heart eyes from all sides??? bo-ring
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it

„War does not determine who is right
- only who is left.“

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Did you ever think about the theory that our reality exist of many universes?
That maybe, in another universe, you’re not a reader (😱) but a gamer or something else.
There’s another version of you, or two or three.
I need to say, that I’m probably not that smart that I could actually explain you this theory, but in this book this theory is called Gemina.
(Like the freakin book.)
Beitech did some real sh*t on Karenza (we can all agree to tha
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
I kept hearing how the second book of this series is even better than the first and... no.

I listened to the audiobook since it was recommended and I think it may have been a mistake. There's only so many times you can hear the dates and email address of people before wanting to throw your phone at the wall.
Hearing adults read cringy flirty teenager conversations was awkward and I didn't care for any of the characters.

I honestly thought throughout the whole book abou
Samantha
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure how I was going to like this one. Throughout at least half of the book, I was thinking it was going to be only 3 stars. But the ending punched it into a 4 star slot, topping it off with another cliffhanger ending. Full video review will be up on my channel closer to release!
Melanie
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melanie by: Chaima ✨ شيماء

1.) Illuminae ★★★★

“Patience and Silence had one beautiful daughter. And her name was Vengeance.”

You all, I just don’t know what to say. This series just doesn’t do for me what it does for everyone else. I don’t dislike these books at all, they just aren’t even close to being one of my all time favorites either. Please, take this review with a grain of salt, because literally all of my friends five star this series. And even though I really like and appreciate the unique formatting, witty banter, and twists and turn★★★★
alyssa
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads, 5-stars
1 MILLION STARS!

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Male Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Female Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars (Hanna) ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars (Ella)
Plotline: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Genre: Si-fi, fantasy, adventure, thriller, a bit of romance, and a whole lot of craziness!
Will I recommend this book to others?: Fuck yeah!
Will I reread this book?: YES!
Overall story summed up in one word: PERFECTION!

So I Googled the definition of perfect and this is what came up:

per•fect

adjective
/pərfikt/

1. having all the required or desirab/>
/>Overall/>Will/>Will/>/>Lead/>Lead/>
Mara
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Motherfucker of a story. I just read this 600+ page monster in one sitting, that's how epic it was. As suspenseful, charming and gritty as its predecessor albeit fantastically uniquely so. The wait for book 3 will be crushing.
may ❀
Ultimate buddy read with my darling (but-not-really-darling-more-like-kinda-a-lot-crazy) squad, SanaRyEmLunaPragCaitlinJenn

^^Click their names to see their reviews - you won't regret, they're fabulous. ♡ ♡

I’ve just spent the entire day in another universe, excuse me while I try to reintegrate into real life.

To give a brief summary of my emotions:

description

This series just got so much better, like multiple folds better.

Gemina continues the story of Illuminae, but from the other side of the wormhole, with
Warda
Chums, am I the only one that feels confused reading these books?!

I'm going to attempt to review it, because honestly, so far, my feelings towards this trilogy, is all over the place. To the point where I can't rate it, because I'm feeling so conflicted.

THE GOOD:
- The characters are awesome. Kady, Ezra, Hanna and Nik. Oh, fuckin AIDAN. First time I've had feelings towards a damn inanimate object, what the hell.
- The writing was just soooo much FUN (and experimental) to rea/>THE
Inge
SON OF A BITCH.

This book will blow out your brains and hump your skull.
Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★
update : I just posted it but half of my review is ◼◼◼◼ing gone!!!! so I have to write again.

REVIEW TO COME TODAY!

4.5 Stars

HE FAILED HER ONCE. HE REFUSES TO DO SO AGAIN.

you must have read the first book, which is Illuminae and if you haven't then you need to go to the nearest bookstore and buy it. seriously you have to read it. I have to admit that I didn't really like the first book as much as I liked the second book. Not even close. you can read my review of Illuminae here to know why I didn't really like it, So if yTODAY!
4.5

• Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • LIFEL1K3 (Lifelike, #1)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Legendary (Caraval, #2)
  • Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)
Amie Kaufman is a New York Times and internationally bestselling author of young adult fiction. Her multi-award winning work is slated for publication in over 30 countries, and is in development for film and TV. Raised in Australia and occasionally Ireland, Amie has degrees in history, literature, law and conflict resolution. She lives in Melbourne with her husband, their rescue dog, and an extrem ...more

The Illuminae Files (3 books)
  • Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)
  • Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3)
“Patience and Silence had one beautiful daughter. And her name was Vengeance.” 300 likes
“And now, born from the ashes, she’s a warrior in bloodied black.” 131 likes