Start by marking “Harmony to Heartburn (Fortytude #3)” as Want to Read:
Harmony to Heartburn (Fortytude #3)

Harmony to Heartburn

(Fortytude #3)

It's safe to say Anna's path to wedded bliss was strewn with craziness, so the last three years of relative tranquility have been a welcome diversion. As she and Kiran embark on their new journey together, Anna's hopes are high. However, family issues come bubbling to the surface.

First, her parents' marriage is falling apart. After more than fifty years together, they're b
Published April 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Harmony to Heartburn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harmony to Heartburn

Start your review of Harmony to Heartburn (Fortytude #3)
Sarah Woods
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading ‘book 3’ of a series when I’ve not read books 1 or 2 tends to make me worry that I’m going to be missing something – that I’m not going to understand the characters or the storyline. With Harmony to Heartburn, I’m glad I took the decision to jump right in.

Basically, Harmony to Heartburn is a very viable standalone book as the characters are well introduced and you still get the depth from their development that is sometimes missing if an author assumes you’ve read the earlier books. I qu
Alice Vaughn
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
P. Reads
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
'Silence is golden!' they say.

Well, not always. And especially not in any relationship. Anna would definitely agreed with me.
When everything looked like settled, troubles start to hunt Anna.

First she learns her parents are splitting up. As if that would not be enough Luke's (Anna's ex gay husband and dear friend) long-term relationship goes down the road. And to top everything - Kiran still totally without his self confidence when it comes his relationships - tries to cope and almost...

Well,
Margaret Watkins
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Something different, Harmony to Heartburn takes the reader on a journey through the realities of family life. As with every family, there are ups and downs. There are the parents who bicker and argue all the time, and the ex-husband and his same sex partner. Each of them has problems. Anna is somewhat caught in the middle as the family "ear" and the one who consoles, while Kiran fights his old insecurities. There is a tenderness and gentleness that runs through the narrative that has the reader ...more
Alex Jo
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This book proves that love lasts forever if it is strong enough, we see problems that every human being passes from at one point of other life. One thing that I loved is that the author included a gay character in the story making it more inclusive to different groups of people and to honest I don’t read the books in the series but as a standalone is still pretty good. "I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily review this book. This is my honest review."
InD'tale Magazine
Shelly Hickman takes every day family happenings and turns them into a delightful story!

Read full review in the 2016 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Kristina Trawick
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why the 4 rating

I absolutely loved the first book in the series. It was a funny and lighthearted read. The second book was a bit more serious, and although I enjoy this author, it just wasn't my cuppa. Now to book three....
I found it depressing as well. Anna cries incessantly, is always analyzing Kiran to the point where I just wanted to knock her up side the head. And before anyone thinks I have no clue about menopause, I was premenopausal for 10 years. I had a hysterectomy at age 54, and becau
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Audiences who enjoy contemporary television shows such as Will and Grace, Frankie and Grace, Life In Pieces, and similar realistic family dramas will appreciate this author. She recognizes that as much as everyone may wish for a "normal" family or envisions a perfect life, the best anyone of us can do is deal with what life throws at us. Love comes in unlimited forms. Peace is not everlasting. Life works best when we learn to accept the ups and downs and share support.
Alice Marks Ripperger
Three very different lives forever entwined by fate.

The characters created in this series are complex, but they quickly find a soft place in your heart. I read all three books back to back. Their tangled lives are anything but simple. It's difficult to imagine the circumstances they find themselves in, but kindness and love carries the day. Who ever said "Nice guys finish last" hasn't met Karin and Anna.
Misty
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Anna was a well written character with a personality that just made her a great character. It was Anna that kept me interested in the story as I felt compelled to keep reading to find out what was going to happen with her. The story itself was well written and I personally found it to be a decent bedtime reading book as I was able to read it in chapters without feeling compelled to read the entire book in one sitting.
Ruth Caves
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Relationship

Sometimes difficult to figure out where in time the narrative is at, maybe I need to stop skipping chapter headlines.
Can totally relate to the compatmentalization of sexual relationships, having developed friendships with former sexual partners.
Betty Stroupe
Sep 16, 2018
Lamar
Jun 26, 2018
Debbi Misanin
rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2019
Cyd Schwertz
Apr 27, 2019
Shelagh Corless
Feb 15, 2020

• A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)
  • Torn
  • All of Me (The Bridesmaids Club, #1)
  • Finding Perfect
  • Watching You (Tyrone Swift, #4)
  • Low Lake (Tyrone Swift #5)
  • Teardrops and Flip Flops (A Gone to the Dogs Camper Romance Book 1)
  • Finding Home (Hometown Harbor, #1)
  • Kidnap (Four Serial Killer / Kidnapping Thrillers) Boxed Set
  • Beneath these Stars (Lucy Mitchell Book 2)
  • Cold As January (The Tough Ladies, #1)
  • Eden Rising Post-Apocalyptic Series, Books 1-3
  • Pieces of Home (Hometown Harbor Series Book 4)
  • A Promise of Home (Hometown Harbor, #3)
  • Flip the Witch Switch (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #14)
  • Friends Like These (Friends Like These, #1)
  • Yappy Hour
  • Brooklyn Blue (A Madison Knox Mystery #1)
Hello there! A little about me. A long-time Las Vegas native, I spend my days teaching computer technology to hormonal middle schoolers. I live with my husband of 20+ years and have a teenage daughter, grown son, and child of the furry persuasion.

I'm a huge fan of "The Walking Dead" and "Game of Thrones", as well as movies with stupid humor. "Zoolander", "Austin Powers", and "Monty Python" are so

Fortytude (3 books)
  • Vegas to Varanasi (Fortytude, #1)
  • Menopause to Matrimony (Fortytude, #2)